Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 25th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      29 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (16.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      18 (15.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (13.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2018 04:51:08 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5509 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,201 posts | 1793 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #375: Dec 27, 2018 03:20:51 pm
      Our old mate Keith hackett in the telegraph talking about the possibility of a 2 match man for salah. Same man who when son got a pen by diving trotted out there doesn't need to be contact for a foul line
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #376: Dec 27, 2018 03:23:34 pm

Well he did dive and that’s the punishment for retrospective action after so he is very lucky
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,651 posts | 1855 
      Reply #377: Dec 27, 2018 04:02:13 pm
      Well he did dive and that’s the punishment for retrospective action after so he is very lucky

Was there contact, YES or NO, if Yes then its not a dive, It is however a very soft penalty, but considering the number of times he stays on his feet when fouled I think it evens itself out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #378: Dec 27, 2018 04:16:10 pm
      Was there contact, YES or NO, if Yes then its not a dive, It is however a very soft penalty, but considering the number of times he stays on his feet when fouled I think it evens itself out.

It’s still a dive if someone goes down when touch is insufficient to take the player down - it’s a dive simple as that and he is very lucky

If a player has gone down on his own accord then it’s a dive
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,808 posts | 1953 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #379: Dec 27, 2018 04:38:47 pm
      It’s still a dive if someone goes down when touch is insufficient to take the player down - it’s a dive simple as that and he is very lucky

If a player has gone down on his own accord then it’s a dive

I agree, if Suarez has done that with us, he would have be penalised but Salah is a flying the premiership flag with humbleness and respect.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,699 posts | 3613 
      Reply #380: Dec 27, 2018 05:10:55 pm
      I think the Manc is corrupting this forum . It was a foul therefore a penalty end of story. If you pull a player back they don't have to go down its still a foul and a yellow card he could have a done a forward roll and stood on his head it was still a foul.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #381: Dec 27, 2018 05:31:39 pm
      I think the Manc is corrupting this forum . It was a foul therefore a penalty end of story. If you pull a player back they don't have to go down its still a foul and a yellow card he could have a done a forward roll and stood on his head it was still a foul.

Sorry Walton but it wasn’t a foul and he certainly didn’t pull him back , it was the slightest smallest of touches on his arm and it’s not the first time Mo has dived as he was warned by Klopp to stop it
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,468 posts | 2477 
      Reply #382: Dec 27, 2018 05:38:25 pm
      Sorry Walton but it wasn’t a foul and he certainly didn’t pull him back , it was the slightest smallest of touches on his arm and it’s not the first time Mo has dived as he was warned by Klopp to stop it

See I disagree on this occasion mate. It is a foul soon as he puts a hand on him and tries to pull him back.

That’s not the same as holding your arm out a bit to help shield the ball, a shoulder charge or even sticking your arm out for leverage when jumping to head the ball. It’s an attempt to stop the player in possession progressing. There’s no other purpose and that is an offence.

However - I don’t think he should have gone to ground the way he did. So - on this occasion - I’m going with Ribs in that it was a peno and a dive.......
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #383: Dec 27, 2018 05:43:38 pm
      See I disagree on this occasion mate. It is a foul soon as he puts a hand on him and tries to pull him back.

That’s not the same as holding your arm out a bit to help shield the ball, a shoulder charge or even sticking your arm out for leverage when jumping to head the ball. It’s an attempt to stop the player in possession progressing. There’s no other purpose and that is an offence.

However - I don’t think he should have gone to ground the way he did. So - on this occasion - I’m going with Ribs in that it was a peno and a dive.......

If what Dummett did is a foul then god help the sport , it made no difference to Mo , he felt that slight touch made dived , we can’t have the sport where any slight touch is foul , he may have attempted to impede him but that’s still not a foul,

If it was given against us we would be livid
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #384: Dec 27, 2018 05:46:08 pm
      Really...? Really...?  :roll:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,953 posts | 1971 
      Reply #385: Dec 27, 2018 05:47:15 pm

This is how I look at it, therefore, it wasn't a pen in my eyes.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,468 posts | 2477 
      Reply #386: Dec 27, 2018 06:02:27 pm
      If what Dummett did is a foul then god help the sport , it made no difference to Mo , he felt that slight touch made dived , we can’t have the sport where any slight touch is foul , he may have attempted to impede him but that’s still not a foul,

I hear you and in general terms I agree with regard to the impact on Mo but as soon as he TRIES to pull him it’s a foul - if the referee sees it.

The dive thereafter was a mistake and I hope (expect) Jürgen will have said something.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #387: Dec 27, 2018 06:34:39 pm
      you must have f**king hated so many of your players over the years then and the pricks are Liverpool supporters on a Liverpool Forum.

Jesus wept if the mancs didn't get a decision for a dive or whatever didn't they surround the ref like a f**king lynch mob?
      That's cheating as much as any dive.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #388: Dec 27, 2018 06:56:21 pm

It was a foul all day long, contact such as that in the area results in a penalty.
      There was contact and the defender was fully aware of what the decision would be.

Impeding an opponent in the penalty area will see a penalty awarded every time no matter how the decision is interpreted, the clue is in the description of that area of play i.e. PENALTY AREA.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #389: Dec 27, 2018 07:02:01 pm
      It was a foul all day long, contact such as that in the area results in a penalty.
      There was contact and the defender was fully aware of what the decision would be.

Impeding an opponent in the penalty area will see a penalty awarded every time no matter how the decision is interpreted, the clue is in the description of that area of play i.e. PENALTY AREA.

Sorry but Salah wasn’t impeded - Dummet didn’t pull him back and the touch was minimal,Salah not for first time went down too easily - if that happens against us you would been screaming at the ref claiming dive etc

If contact like that means a penalty in the area then every single corner will have one because every single CB touches a forward like that.

It’s not a bad thing to say we got away with one
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #390: Dec 27, 2018 07:07:59 pm
      I hear you and in general terms I agree with regard to the impact on Mo but as soon as he TRIES to pull him it’s a foul - if the referee sees it.

The dive thereafter was a mistake and I hope (expect) Jürgen will have said something.

If the penalty was correct then every single corner will mean a penalty because you see far stronger touches

the touch on Mo isn’t even to impede him
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,924 posts | 411 
      Reply #391: Dec 27, 2018 07:14:58 pm
      Soft pen or not, foul or not it was given and can’t be worse than the one Harry Kane bought for himself against us.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,513 posts | 492 
      Reply #392: Dec 27, 2018 07:17:15 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      A timely reminder to Rafa today when the ground in unison chanted his name and the Istanbul song which was clearly aimed at him.
      He looked so sad after the game why he continues with this broken club is beyond me

I couldn't hear any singing during the game, as the sound was mute on the foreign language channel I had to watch it on. But let's have a reminder, that his intention in this game was to park the bus again to get a result against us, to try and stop us winning the league. Which will be repeated when we have to face him again in May. He was more outraged by our penalty award than his own players. So if people want to sing about him, let them. I prefer to sing about our team's manager. Except he's told us not to sing about him and concentrate on the game instead. So here goes.

We really have clicked now, and there's no reason why we can't continue the second half of the season as we have the first. I thought the defending could have been better at times, they had a number of clearcut chances that we wouldn't get away with against decent opposition. But hopefully that will be sorted over the coming days, as it needs to be. Upfront, the three amigos ran the show, ably supported by Shaq. When he gets a free kick within range, it's basically a free shot on goal. You just know he'll get it on target, and it's a great option to have. Don't see what the arguments about the penalty decision are about. Similiar to the penalty we got against West Brom in the Cup, Salah was fouled, end of story. Delighted for Fab, it may have only been a nod home from about 3 yards, but hopefully it's the first of many.

Jürgen went through the motions with the press after the game. He'll probably have to do it a few more times between now and May, because we're only going to get better and stronger, and he'll have to answer a few more questions he doesn't like. But he's one of the best coaches in world football, and knows what he's doing. If we were 6 points adrift now, the doubters would have a field day on match threads and declared the title race over. We may not have won anything yet, but it will take a bloody good side to reel us in from here.

19 down, 19 to go, 43 goals, +36, 12 clean sheets, 16 wins, and 51 points.

Believe.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #393: Dec 27, 2018 07:19:18 pm
      Soft pen or not, foul or not it was given and can’t be worse than the one Harry Kane bought for himself against us.

So we then can’t complain then when given against if we aren’t willing to accept when we get one that shouldn’t have been
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,367 posts | 2547 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #394: Dec 27, 2018 07:35:23 pm
      We won 4-0.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #395: Dec 27, 2018 07:36:01 pm
      There was contact, which is more than you see in some cases - but was a soft peno. Can certainly argue in Mo's favour on it though.
      But would I want to watch matches where guys were going down as easily - no.
      Watching my young lad play ball [under 9s] has been an eye opener, with some little twerps going down, rolling round holding their knee or whatever, having a general whinge, then getting up and carrying on like nothing happened. Things we'd never have done as kids. Their not licking that off a stone. You want to slap them, but that's what they see on TV or at games.
      Imho we need to stamp it out. Watching Neymar at the WC having decisions go against him was brilliant.
      Am not saying Mo is a diver - that second goal of the hattrick [Bournemouth?], the guy actually tried to bring him down, and Mo stumbled and could easily have gone down, but stayed on his feet and scored a great goal.
      I'd just prefer that refs were a bit stronger in general, more because that's the way I wound like to see the game played at all ages.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,513 posts | 492 
      Reply #396: Dec 27, 2018 07:44:04 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      So we then can’t complain then when given against if we aren’t willing to accept when we get one that shouldn’t have been

Correct, we can't. A shirt pull in the box is a foul, and so we can't be surprised when a ref gives a penalty for it. That is the laws of the game being applied the way they're supposed to be applied. It's a good spot by the ref in this case, but when VAR comes in, a lot more penalties will be given until defenders learn that they can't get away with it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #397: Dec 27, 2018 07:48:23 pm
      Correct, we can't. A shirt pull in the box is a foul, and so we can't be surprised when a ref gives a penalty for it. That is the laws of the game being applied the way they're supposed to be applied. It's a good spot by the ref in this case, but when VAR comes in, a lot more penalties will be given until defenders learn that they can't get away with it.

He didn’t “pull his shirt” - the fact the FA even looked at the incident shows it wasn’t a good spot from the ref , it was very lucky that we didn’t lose Mo for games against Arsenal and City because of him going down far too easily

This is the quote after the FA charged Niasse

“to quote the FA in a previous case "Niasse exaggerated the effect of normal contact, the nature of the contact made by Dann was minimal and would not have thrown Niasse off balance and knock him down in the way he portrayed"”

That’s exactly the same as Mo - we are lucky the FA are inconsistent useless muppets
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 456 
      Reply #398: Dec 27, 2018 07:55:36 pm
      From this biased pr**k with my ultra red tinted spex, on a liverpool supporters forum....get to f**k,we won, f**k yuz all!!.Oh yeah f**k off the geordies singing about hunger,c**t move, expected better.Now lets tw*t those frenchies at the weekend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,841 posts | 3470 
      Reply #399: Dec 27, 2018 08:09:59 pm

Depends in whose opinion, the way I saw it, player attempts to grab Mo, he goes down, it's a f**king pen. Brother called it just the same when he got back from the match with my nephew.

So again lad, just in your opinion, which is why their is no f**king action from the FA against Mo, cos the ref gave a pen!!

Quick Reply