Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      29 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (16.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      18 (15.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (13.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2018 04:51:08 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26767 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 27, 2018 03:09:07 pm
      A lot of fans don't understand diving against Newcastle is using up a resource. Now referees will be aware Salah makes a meal of things, if we need a goal against Arsenal, it's no good Salah diving... he'll get booked and laughed at. If he didn't give against Newcastle we'd probably still have won but had a dive to use against Arsenal. There's no way the Newcastle players contact affected Salah enough to go down like that. I'm not totally against stuff like that, but rather him use a dive when we really need it not against a lower team when we already winning.

Yeah your post makes sence. He's not known as a diver anyway, to my knowledge he's only done it twice but might be wrong. On the bright side the penalty did give me a perfect score  ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #369: Dec 27, 2018 03:09:23 pm
      Nice to see honesty with  members. All too often fans wear those blinkers and just coz their was the slightest of contact it's a penalty  :lmao: Think many forget it's a contact sport LondonRed but fair play you called it spot on.
      Keith, I think you miss understood a lot of our fans. It's a penalty. On a binary system where 0 means no penalty and 1 means penalty, it's a 1. Salah dived to ensure he got the penalty he deserved, but the press which seems to be Manchester mouthpieces are running with stories how he's lucky to not be banned. The media is bias, why don't they print nothing of the sort and just mention how referees have said it's the correct call? If referees weren't so inept in the past would Salah even need to do that? Rather him stayed on his feet and gone down against Arsenal, since most fans knew Salah would be a scapegoat of a media smear campaign today. It was both a deserved penalty and a dive. You seem to think because some of our fans admit he dived then the ref was conned, it's not true. It can be both a dive and a foul.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #370: Dec 27, 2018 03:13:45 pm
        The media is bias, why don't they print nothing of the sort and just mention how referees have said it's the correct call?.

If it makes a story media will always be biased, thats what the cu*ts get paid for.  :f_steam:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #371: Dec 27, 2018 03:14:05 pm
      Can't believe they even considered banning him for 2 games..  :f_doh:

Salah will not face any action for the incident with Dummett, as the FA say, having reviewed the incident, that it did not meet threshold for deception of a match official.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6532301/Liverpool-star-Mohamed-Salah-cleared-diving-against-Newcastle.html
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #372: Dec 27, 2018 03:16:10 pm
      Yeah your post makes sence. He's not known as a diver anyway, to my knowledge he's only done it twice but might be wrong. On the bright side the penalty did give me a perfect score  ;D
      yeah, no doubt he'll get shoved in the box v city, that's when he should have gone down. Now referees will treat him like Neymar for the next month.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #373: Dec 27, 2018 03:20:15 pm
      FA review all penalties. That's just Manchester press smearing Salah's name before big games. If Trump and Brexit can be influenced by media, why not the PL champions? Then rivals have the nerve to say we're bias?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #374: Dec 27, 2018 03:20:28 pm
      yeah, no doubt he'll get shoved in the box v city, that's when he should have gone down. Now referees will treat him like Neymar for the next month.

Ups!!! I said sence instead of sense. Am I only a warning rib?  :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #375: Dec 27, 2018 03:20:51 pm
      Our old mate Keith hackett in the telegraph talking about the possibility of a 2 match man for salah. Same man who when son got a pen by diving trotted out there doesn't need to be contact for a foul line
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #376: Dec 27, 2018 03:23:34 pm

Well he did dive and that’s the punishment for retrospective action after so he is very lucky
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #377: Dec 27, 2018 04:02:13 pm
      Well he did dive and that’s the punishment for retrospective action after so he is very lucky

Was there contact, YES or NO, if Yes then its not a dive, It is however a very soft penalty, but considering the number of times he stays on his feet when fouled I think it evens itself out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #378: Dec 27, 2018 04:16:10 pm
      Was there contact, YES or NO, if Yes then its not a dive, It is however a very soft penalty, but considering the number of times he stays on his feet when fouled I think it evens itself out.

It’s still a dive if someone goes down when touch is insufficient to take the player down - it’s a dive simple as that and he is very lucky

If a player has gone down on his own accord then it’s a dive
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #379: Dec 27, 2018 04:38:47 pm
      It’s still a dive if someone goes down when touch is insufficient to take the player down - it’s a dive simple as that and he is very lucky

If a player has gone down on his own accord then it’s a dive

I agree, if Suarez has done that with us, he would have be penalised but Salah is a flying the premiership flag with humbleness and respect.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #380: Dec 27, 2018 05:10:55 pm
      I think the Manc is corrupting this forum . It was a foul therefore a penalty end of story. If you pull a player back they don't have to go down its still a foul and a yellow card he could have a done a forward roll and stood on his head it was still a foul.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #381: Dec 27, 2018 05:31:39 pm
      I think the Manc is corrupting this forum . It was a foul therefore a penalty end of story. If you pull a player back they don't have to go down its still a foul and a yellow card he could have a done a forward roll and stood on his head it was still a foul.

Sorry Walton but it wasn’t a foul and he certainly didn’t pull him back , it was the slightest smallest of touches on his arm and it’s not the first time Mo has dived as he was warned by Klopp to stop it
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #382: Dec 27, 2018 05:38:25 pm
      Sorry Walton but it wasn’t a foul and he certainly didn’t pull him back , it was the slightest smallest of touches on his arm and it’s not the first time Mo has dived as he was warned by Klopp to stop it

See I disagree on this occasion mate. It is a foul soon as he puts a hand on him and tries to pull him back.

That’s not the same as holding your arm out a bit to help shield the ball, a shoulder charge or even sticking your arm out for leverage when jumping to head the ball. It’s an attempt to stop the player in possession progressing. There’s no other purpose and that is an offence.

However - I don’t think he should have gone to ground the way he did. So - on this occasion - I’m going with Ribs in that it was a peno and a dive.......
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #383: Dec 27, 2018 05:43:38 pm
      See I disagree on this occasion mate. It is a foul soon as he puts a hand on him and tries to pull him back.

That’s not the same as holding your arm out a bit to help shield the ball, a shoulder charge or even sticking your arm out for leverage when jumping to head the ball. It’s an attempt to stop the player in possession progressing. There’s no other purpose and that is an offence.

However - I don’t think he should have gone to ground the way he did. So - on this occasion - I’m going with Ribs in that it was a peno and a dive.......

If what Dummett did is a foul then god help the sport , it made no difference to Mo , he felt that slight touch made dived , we can’t have the sport where any slight touch is foul , he may have attempted to impede him but that’s still not a foul,

If it was given against us we would be livid
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #384: Dec 27, 2018 05:46:08 pm
      Really...? Really...?  :roll:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #385: Dec 27, 2018 05:47:15 pm

This is how I look at it, therefore, it wasn't a pen in my eyes.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #386: Dec 27, 2018 06:02:27 pm
      If what Dummett did is a foul then god help the sport , it made no difference to Mo , he felt that slight touch made dived , we can’t have the sport where any slight touch is foul , he may have attempted to impede him but that’s still not a foul,

I hear you and in general terms I agree with regard to the impact on Mo but as soon as he TRIES to pull him it’s a foul - if the referee sees it.

The dive thereafter was a mistake and I hope (expect) Jürgen will have said something.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #387: Dec 27, 2018 06:34:39 pm
      you must have F***ing hated so many of your players over the years then and the pricks are Liverpool supporters on a Liverpool Forum.

Jesus wept if the mancs didn't get a decision for a dive or whatever didn't they surround the ref like a F***ing lynch mob?
      That's cheating as much as any dive.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #388: Dec 27, 2018 06:56:21 pm

It was a foul all day long, contact such as that in the area results in a penalty.
      There was contact and the defender was fully aware of what the decision would be.

Impeding an opponent in the penalty area will see a penalty awarded every time no matter how the decision is interpreted, the clue is in the description of that area of play i.e. PENALTY AREA.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #389: Dec 27, 2018 07:02:01 pm
      It was a foul all day long, contact such as that in the area results in a penalty.
      There was contact and the defender was fully aware of what the decision would be.

Impeding an opponent in the penalty area will see a penalty awarded every time no matter how the decision is interpreted, the clue is in the description of that area of play i.e. PENALTY AREA.

Sorry but Salah wasn’t impeded - Dummet didn’t pull him back and the touch was minimal,Salah not for first time went down too easily - if that happens against us you would been screaming at the ref claiming dive etc

If contact like that means a penalty in the area then every single corner will have one because every single CB touches a forward like that.

It’s not a bad thing to say we got away with one
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #390: Dec 27, 2018 07:07:59 pm
      I hear you and in general terms I agree with regard to the impact on Mo but as soon as he TRIES to pull him it’s a foul - if the referee sees it.

The dive thereafter was a mistake and I hope (expect) Jürgen will have said something.

If the penalty was correct then every single corner will mean a penalty because you see far stronger touches

the touch on Mo isn’t even to impede him

Quick Reply