Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      29 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (16.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      18 (15.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (13.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2018 04:51:08 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26766 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 27, 2018 07:14:58 pm
      Soft pen or not, foul or not it was given and can’t be worse than the one Harry Kane bought for himself against us.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #392: Dec 27, 2018 07:17:15 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      A timely reminder to Rafa today when the ground in unison chanted his name and the Istanbul song which was clearly aimed at him.
      He looked so sad after the game why he continues with this broken club is beyond me

I couldn't hear any singing during the game, as the sound was mute on the foreign language channel I had to watch it on. But let's have a reminder, that his intention in this game was to park the bus again to get a result against us, to try and stop us winning the league. Which will be repeated when we have to face him again in May. He was more outraged by our penalty award than his own players. So if people want to sing about him, let them. I prefer to sing about our team's manager. Except he's told us not to sing about him and concentrate on the game instead. So here goes.

We really have clicked now, and there's no reason why we can't continue the second half of the season as we have the first. I thought the defending could have been better at times, they had a number of clearcut chances that we wouldn't get away with against decent opposition. But hopefully that will be sorted over the coming days, as it needs to be. Upfront, the three amigos ran the show, ably supported by Shaq. When he gets a free kick within range, it's basically a free shot on goal. You just know he'll get it on target, and it's a great option to have. Don't see what the arguments about the penalty decision are about. Similiar to the penalty we got against West Brom in the Cup, Salah was fouled, end of story. Delighted for Fab, it may have only been a nod home from about 3 yards, but hopefully it's the first of many.

JĂźrgen went through the motions with the press after the game. He'll probably have to do it a few more times between now and May, because we're only going to get better and stronger, and he'll have to answer a few more questions he doesn't like. But he's one of the best coaches in world football, and knows what he's doing. If we were 6 points adrift now, the doubters would have a field day on match threads and declared the title race over. We may not have won anything yet, but it will take a bloody good side to reel us in from here.

19 down, 19 to go, 43 goals, +36, 12 clean sheets, 16 wins, and 51 points.

Believe.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #393: Dec 27, 2018 07:19:18 pm
      Soft pen or not, foul or not it was given and can’t be worse than the one Harry Kane bought for himself against us.

So we then can’t complain then when given against if we aren’t willing to accept when we get one that shouldn’t have been
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #394: Dec 27, 2018 07:35:23 pm
      We won 4-0.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #395: Dec 27, 2018 07:36:01 pm
      There was contact, which is more than you see in some cases - but was a soft peno. Can certainly argue in Mo's favour on it though.
      But would I want to watch matches where guys were going down as easily - no.
      Watching my young lad play ball [under 9s] has been an eye opener, with some little twerps going down, rolling round holding their knee or whatever, having a general whinge, then getting up and carrying on like nothing happened. Things we'd never have done as kids. Their not licking that off a stone. You want to slap them, but that's what they see on TV or at games.
      Imho we need to stamp it out. Watching Neymar at the WC having decisions go against him was brilliant.
      Am not saying Mo is a diver - that second goal of the hattrick [Bournemouth?], the guy actually tried to bring him down, and Mo stumbled and could easily have gone down, but stayed on his feet and scored a great goal.
      I'd just prefer that refs were a bit stronger in general, more because that's the way I wound like to see the game played at all ages.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #396: Dec 27, 2018 07:44:04 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      So we then can’t complain then when given against if we aren’t willing to accept when we get one that shouldn’t have been

Correct, we can't. A shirt pull in the box is a foul, and so we can't be surprised when a ref gives a penalty for it. That is the laws of the game being applied the way they're supposed to be applied. It's a good spot by the ref in this case, but when VAR comes in, a lot more penalties will be given until defenders learn that they can't get away with it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #397: Dec 27, 2018 07:48:23 pm
      Correct, we can't. A shirt pull in the box is a foul, and so we can't be surprised when a ref gives a penalty for it. That is the laws of the game being applied the way they're supposed to be applied. It's a good spot by the ref in this case, but when VAR comes in, a lot more penalties will be given until defenders learn that they can't get away with it.

He didn’t “pull his shirt” - the fact the FA even looked at the incident shows it wasn’t a good spot from the ref , it was very lucky that we didn’t lose Mo for games against Arsenal and City because of him going down far too easily

This is the quote after the FA charged Niasse

“to quote the FA in a previous case "Niasse exaggerated the effect of normal contact, the nature of the contact made by Dann was minimal and would not have thrown Niasse off balance and knock him down in the way he portrayed"”

That’s exactly the same as Mo - we are lucky the FA are inconsistent useless muppets
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #398: Dec 27, 2018 07:55:36 pm
      From this biased pr**k with my ultra red tinted spex, on a liverpool supporters forum....get to F**k,we won, F**k yuz all!!.Oh yeah F**k off the geordies singing about hunger,c**t move, expected better.Now lets tw*t those frenchies at the weekend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #399: Dec 27, 2018 08:09:59 pm
      Sorry Walton but it wasn’t a foul and he certainly didn’t pull him back , it was the slightest smallest of touches on his arm and it’s not the first time Mo has dived as he was warned by Klopp to stop it

Depends in whose opinion, the way I saw it, player attempts to grab Mo, he goes down, it's a F***ing pen. Brother called it just the same when he got back from the match with my nephew.

So again lad, just in your opinion, which is why their is no F***ing action from the FA against Mo, cos the ref gave a pen!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #400: Dec 27, 2018 08:11:34 pm
      He didn’t “pull his shirt” - the fact the FA even looked at the incident shows it wasn’t a good spot from the ref , it was very lucky that we didn’t lose Mo for games against Arsenal and City because of him going down far too easily

This is the quote after the FA charged Niasse

“to quote the FA in a previous case "Niasse exaggerated the effect of normal contact, the nature of the contact made by Dann was minimal and would not have thrown Niasse off balance and knock him down in the way he portrayed"”

That’s exactly the same as Mo - we are lucky the FA are inconsistent useless muppets

Couldn't give a F**k, Man U got them for F***ing years during the 90s.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #401: Dec 27, 2018 08:13:34 pm
      Couldn't give a f**k, Man U got them for f**king years during the 90s.

Let me guess - you accepted them as penalties when the Mancs were getting them

In the 90’s a player couldn’t get banned now they can - we gor very lucky tbe FA are useless - next time Mo or another player could miss key games because of their stupid actions
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #402: Dec 27, 2018 08:18:37 pm
      If the penalty was correct then every single corner will mean a penalty because you see far stronger touches

the touch on Mo isn’t even to impede him

Two different discussions for me - corners are a nonsense now. There should be half a dozen every game for me to stop the cuddling!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #403: Dec 27, 2018 08:23:29 pm
      Let me guess - you accepted them as penalties when the Mancs were getting them

In the 90’s a player couldn’t get banned now they can - we gor very lucky tbe FA are useless - next time Mo or another player could miss key games because of their stupid actions

Let me guess you're absolutely pedantic about every F***ing thing.

Wasn't arsed as I don't support Utd and couldn't give a F**k about the mancs, but that's the kind of luck we're getting this season - then keep it F***ing coming.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #404: Dec 27, 2018 08:25:17 pm
      next time Mo or another player could miss key games because of their stupid actions

Again just your opinion!!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #405: Dec 27, 2018 08:34:26 pm

But quite possibly a reality as it has already happened to other players and Klopp has already warned Salah about his diving

But I’m sure next time an incident like this occurs against us you will show the same grace as you do now. Maybe it’s just me who prefers to win a bit more cleanly - I don’t want to be like the Mancs in the 90’s with their dodgy penalties etc - I don’t want to give other inbred fans the ammunition to point fingers , we lose all moral high ground.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #406: Dec 27, 2018 08:37:46 pm
      But quite possibly a reality as it has already happened to other players and Klopp has already warned Salah about his diving

But I’m sure next time an incident like this occurs against us you will show the same grace as you do now. Maybe it’s just me who prefers to win a bit more cleanly - I don’t want to be like the Mancs in the 90’s with their dodgy penalties etc - I don’t want to give other inbred fans the ammunition to point fingers , we lose all moral high ground.

All F***ing six of them!!

I dont need a moral high ground - I have a scouse sense of humour to deal with tw*ts!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #407: Dec 27, 2018 08:40:27 pm

I'd just prefer that refs were a bit stronger in general, more because that's the way I wound like to see the game played at all ages.

I'm with you bmck, certainly better for the game if it was.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #408: Dec 27, 2018 08:51:47 pm
      I'm with you bmck, certainly better for the game if it was.

Are you a Manc fan ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #409: Dec 27, 2018 08:57:58 pm

Have you seen his posting history? :laugh:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #410: Dec 27, 2018 09:02:29 pm
      Have you seen his posting history? :laugh:

Nah ? I guess it’s obvious?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #411: Dec 27, 2018 09:05:23 pm

Keith is a manc ? Really ? Wow ? Didn't see that coming? he is this forum's very own keyser soze
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #412: Dec 27, 2018 09:08:03 pm

Yeah just a bit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #413: Dec 27, 2018 09:14:02 pm

Why would a Manc be here ? Seems strange