Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      29 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (16.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      18 (15.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (13.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2018 04:51:08 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26757 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Dec 28, 2018 09:13:11 pm
      You might think he's calling a spade a spade. Shame you're both actually looking at a trowel.

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #438: Dec 28, 2018 09:14:26 pm
      Always thought you were a City fan Keith  :f_whistle:

That's nearly a insult mate  :D
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #439: Dec 28, 2018 10:18:55 pm
      Lallana not everyone is like you and calls a spade a spade. No matter how much you try, some just won't take those rose tinted glasses off. You'll learn that some people can't be educated.  :(

Players like Salah rely on balance. They go at defences sh*t or bust. High speed controlling a football. He is not looking to lay it off, he's taking them all on. He is very finely balanced, swerving trying to change direction or throw a dummy, drop a shoulder, feint this way or that and any contact could easily take him down. Salah is no different from any other forward, if his run is impeded he can be stopped.

Salah wouldn't be the goal scorer he is if he went down for no reason. Not claiming he's a saint but the number of sh*t or bust glory dashes Salah makes, there is bound to be the odd disputed decision.

So there yer go..you have been educated.

No charge.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #440: Dec 28, 2018 10:51:50 pm
      Yeah, Nearly  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #441: Dec 28, 2018 11:07:17 pm
      Players like Salah rely on balance. They go at defences sh*t or bust. High speed controlling a football. He is not looking to lay it off, he's taking them all on. He is very finely balanced, swerving trying to change direction or throw a dummy, drop a shoulder, feint this way or that and any contact could easily take him down. Salah is no different from any other forward, if his run is impeded he can be stopped.

Salah wouldn't be the goal scorer he is if he went down for no reason. Not claiming he's a saint but the number of sh*t or bust glory dashes Salah makes, there is bound to be the odd disputed decision.

So there yer go..you have been educated.

No charge.

That isn't the dispute.  Basically the argument was its a soft penalty and he made a meal of it, which he did. Can see why penalty was given which is not the issue here.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #442: Dec 28, 2018 11:51:48 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      Sorry but it’s a dive if the touch is not significant for the player to go down - it wasn’t a clear pull back in any shape or form

Players do dive even with the slightest touch because they are trying to earn a penalty.

The touch does not have to be  "significant", it only has to be a foul. It is a clear pull back and because it is, Salah can go down if he wants. If he does go down, people say he dived. If he doesn't, they say he's too honest.

The defender knew exactly what he was doing, and hoped he would get away with it. Like I said before, this is similar to the cup penalty last season. The defender didn't get away with it then, and he hasn't got away with it now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #443: Dec 28, 2018 11:55:00 pm
      That isn't the dispute.  Basically the argument was its a soft penalty and he made a meal of it, which he did. Can see why penalty was given which is not the issue here.

Soft?

Did Dummet complain to the ref...No..?

Penalty full stop.

Why you need to say he made a meal of it is beyond me, I think some have the hump because Mo won’t miss the Arsenal & City game as desired by the haters..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #444: Dec 29, 2018 12:00:07 am

Why you need to say he made a meal of it is beyond me, I think some have the hump because Mo won’t miss the Arsenal & City game as desired by the haters..

The facts are he did make a meal of it  Shabs. Surprised some think otherwise. As for me, I'm certainly no hater, stated last year he was my favourite player to watch in a Liverpool shirt. Nothing has changed from my side. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #445: Dec 29, 2018 12:03:24 am
      The facts are he did make a meal of it  Shabs. Surprised some think otherwise. As for me, I'm certainly no hater, stated last year he was my favourite player to watch in a Liverpool shirt. Nothing has changed from my side. 

If your going to pull on a players arm, jersey in the box without attempting to tackle the ball you have no right to complain if the player decides to go down..Mo was pulled back.. Slow motion does no favours..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #446: Dec 29, 2018 12:10:48 am
      If your going to pull on a players arm, jersey in the box without attempting to tackle the ball you have no right to complain if the player decides to go down..Mo was pulled back.. Slow motion does no favours..

Chances are I would of done the same thing Shabs. No complaints from me about the penalty. However, I maintain it was soft and a dive. Probably told my team mates in dressing room too.  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #447: Dec 29, 2018 12:25:35 am

But my point in very pertinent to the decision. It may have been a generous decision but the fact that as I stated, Salah was going at them at full pelt and any contact, no matter how slight, could and did cause him to lose balance.The Ref was in a good position to give the decision. You are claiming Salah cheated and I'm not claiming he's above such conduct but on this occasion I think he lost balance due to the slight contact.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #448: Dec 29, 2018 12:35:07 am

Was the penalty decision correct? YES.
      Does the FA suspend players who dive after being fouled? Seems not.
      Does the FA suspend players who dive with no contact? I'd assume so.

Luck didn't come into this, rules did. Was Salah right to go down? That's personal opinion, but the gutter press have made a meal of it and now referees could treat Salah differently thanks to the media storm. That's what the presses goal was right? The fact that we are even discussing it shows the press won.

Let's throw a piece of plank in front of that plank of a fellow running at full speed and sees whether he trips badly or he doesn't. Someone has paid these faggots to write articles to distrupt our progress. There are some hidden hands there, The club must get tough and start legal proceedings to put them in place and halt their agenda and unmask those behind it and lets us have some piece of mind while we continue to march forward in our quest. Don't let these paid idiots run amok to distrupt us.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #449: Dec 29, 2018 12:36:49 am

Had a prolonged look at it and I will concede Salah exaggerated his fall. There was contact however which caused him to lose control. If the lad had not pulled at Salah, within a few more yards Salah could've lashed in a left foot shot.

The ref may have judged that, even if Salah did indeed exaggerate, he was still fouled.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #450: Dec 29, 2018 12:37:13 am

Was the penalty decision correct? YES.
      Does the FA suspend players who dive after being fouled? Seems not.
      Does the FA suspend players who dive with no contact? I'd assume so.

Luck didn't come into this, rules did. Was Salah right to go down? That's personal opinion, but the gutter press have made a meal of it and now referees could treat Salah differently thanks to the media storm. That's what the presses goal was right? The fact that we are even discussing it shows the press won.

Let's throw a piece of plank in front of that plank of a fellow running at full speed and sees whether he trips badly or he doesn't. Someone has paid these faggots to write articles to distrupt our progress. There are some hidden hands there, The club must get tough and start legal proceedings to put them in place and halt their agenda and unmask those behind it and let us have some peace of mind while we continue to march forward in our quest. Don't let these paid idiots run amok to distrupt us.
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2018 12:53:27 am by redkop63 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #451: Dec 29, 2018 12:49:02 am
      Had a prolonged look at it and I will concede Salah exaggerated his fall. There was contact however which caused him to lose control. If the lad had not pulled at Salah, within a few more yards Salah could've lashed in a left foot shot.

The ref may have judged that, even if Salah did indeed exaggerate, he was still fouled.

Quite a few Forum members also agree (( in your terms)) exaggerate his fall. That's basically what we're saying but in different form of English.  ;D Glad we met at a amicable settlement.

For those that maintain otherwise we shall just agree to disagree and move on.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #452: Dec 29, 2018 01:18:26 am
      In a similar way but obviously, not as dramatic as a Rugby "ankle tap" at speed? I don't even think Mo exaggerated that much..?

When I hear fans of ours claiming he dived or, that the penno was hugely soft, I always feel they're trying to uphease fans from other clubs, trying to appear "honest looking" in footy banter groups..? Bollox.. The man moves at 1000 mph in the box, frightening to deal with, anyone moving at that pace would be impinged dramatically by a little grab even.. We see him and this type of desperation he attracts week in week out..

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #453: Dec 29, 2018 01:24:35 am
      Nobody at the minute right now can handle whatever the F**k our lads are doing in all areas of the pitch, could change in a flash but, i'm seeing Lfcs fans online almost apologetic for sitting top and ripping the granny out of teams...?  F**k being cautiously opto all the time.. Sounding false fair by claiming Mo did something fuckrey is all part of this guilt/modesty attitude were supposed to have i swear....

I don't even think the penno was soft one bit..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #454: Dec 29, 2018 01:41:36 am
      For the love of F**k.

Dummett held him. Ref whistled. Dummett didn’t even protest. It’s a soft one but obviously a pen.

Move the F**k on.

NOW...!

How good was Hendo? Rewatched it and he was excellent.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #455: Dec 29, 2018 03:25:38 am
      Lallana not everyone is like you and calls a spade a spade. No matter how much you try, some just won't take those rose tinted glasses off. You'll learn that some people can't be educated.  :(

Rose tinted glasses on an LFC forum.

Stop F***ing moaning about it.

Fucks sake, what you expect?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #456: Dec 29, 2018 03:50:09 am
      Quite a few Forum members also agree (( in your terms)) exaggerate his fall. That's basically what we're saying but in different form of English.  ;D Glad we met at a amicable settlement.

For those that maintain otherwise we shall just agree to disagree and move on.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      I like you on here Keith but just how any Manc can come on here questioning a penno is laughable ,
      Anywhere else on the pitch a pull on the arm is a free kick end of , in that case it’s a pen
      You must have caused some disruption in the Manc forums if you disagree with a soft one all the fckers you had with Fergie and Howard in charge ,
       On we go .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #457: Dec 29, 2018 09:36:09 am
      I like you on here Keith but just how any Manc can come on here questioning a penno is laughable ,
      Anywhere else on the pitch a pull on the arm is a free kick end of , in that case it’s a pen
      You must have caused some disruption in the Manc forums if you disagree with a soft one all the fckers you had with Fergie and Howard in charge ,
       On we go .

Not sure being a manc has anything to do with my opinion Andy.  ;D "Hell yeah" plenty of dubious decisions in favour of us at The Theatre Of Dreams.  :D  I'd still say if it was a soft penalty though mate which I have in the past.

When we have a player like Ashley Young in the side we're garunteed more shouts than others.  :D

Merry Christmas mate and all the best for 2019. Could be your year!!  :champ:
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2018 09:51:28 am by Keith Singleton »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #458: Dec 29, 2018 10:48:25 am
      I couldn't hear any singing during the game, as the sound was mute on the foreign language channel I had to watch it on. But let's have a reminder, that his intention in this game was to park the bus again to get a result against us, to try and stop us winning the league. Which will be repeated when we have to face him again in May. He was more outraged by our penalty award than his own players. So if people want to sing about him, let them. I prefer to sing about our team's manager. Except he's told us not to sing about him and concentrate on the game instead. So here goes.

What a load of bollox what a pity you weren't in the crowd so you could have asked the entire ground why are you singing about Rafa.
      You manage to take something really good and try and make it seem wrong.
      You should go and seek help this amount of hatred towards one man is just unhealthy and you are probably unique in your continued ability to suck the life out of the forum and even get Rafa's thread closed. F**k off
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #459: Dec 29, 2018 12:46:26 pm

How good was Hendo? Rewatched it and he was excellent.

He was my MOTM.

We bossed the midfield, and he was in the middle of everything.
      His work rate, and work off the ball were excellent.

Quick Reply