Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Crucial disadvantage for us to compete with top southern teams?

Read 2535 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Crucial disadvantage for us to compete with top southern teams?
      Reply #23: Dec 29, 2018 09:27:16 am
      Liverpool's weather is a lot better than down the east lancs where Abu Dhabi invest their child slave labour money in to some of the most expensive players in world football.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #24: Dec 29, 2018 09:38:36 am
      wtf is this sh*t why not ask the many former Liverpool players from overseas who never go home after their careers are ended.

Yep, only have to look at the wonderful guy in the opposite dugout in the Newcastle match.

Come here for a job and his family still live here whilst he works wherever his career takes him.

Win the prem and or champs league and it won't matter if we play our home matches in Siberia, the top players will still want to play here.

Trophies and money, style of play and the manager are the key ingredients here and if you aren't really winning any then maybe the weather or city might become a factor.

But you can bet your life that if we'd have won the league or champs league the year Sanchez said he wanted London, he'd have said Liverpool was the best city he'd always dreamed of living in one day.

Look at City, Silva, Ederson, Aguero etc all players from hot countries who seemingly don't care about the British weather.

Unless that shithole up the M62 has lovely sunshine every day (it doesn't I work there 3 times a week)
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #25: Dec 29, 2018 09:42:42 am
      I wanna hear more about this dome idea.

The weather dome 6000 mate, both Manchester clubs already have them that's why their players stay whilst ours leave.

I creates a tropical environment within the dome. Much better than Spain.

I've just got one installed on our house, currently in negotiations with Messi and Suarez to play footy in my back garden.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #26: Dec 29, 2018 11:21:59 am
      I wouldn't bother reading into the opinions of players that:

1) Don't get in the side due to their attitude/ability
      2) Prioritise weather conditions/location

Look, if we could all avoid Brexit talk and light drizzle – I'm sure we would. (They're commonly known as holidays or relocation.)

The League we're fortunate to play in is the best in World Football. As Jürgen would say, "We are in a good moment." We also have great players that want to play for us, the grass is no greener than here...

I'm sure Robertson doesn't mind battling through the conditions, mind!  :roll:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Dec 29, 2018 12:28:05 pm
      Ffs, think the snap has fell out of his cracker ?

" I got a little black book with my poems in " 

Quick Reply