Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson
      1 (0.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      17 (13.5%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      102 (81%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: Jan 02, 2019 07:21:20 pm

Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23345 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Dec 30, 2018 12:36:29 am
      Poor pass from Lovren for the goal but sometimes you need to take your hat off to a really well worked goal

Amazing response, Bobby who I’ve a bit puzzled by this season was brilliant and overall the front 3 are looking better and better. 5-1, top of the league by 9, +40 goal difference, 0 defeats 54 points before new year and I think the best is yet to come. Someone wake me up
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #553: Dec 30, 2018 01:14:43 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #554: Dec 30, 2018 01:18:33 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #555: Dec 30, 2018 01:22:10 am
      He isn’t remotely out of position mate - that’s exactly where he’s meant to be in our setup.

The problem was losing the ball cheaply and Gini sleeping momentarily as the ball was worked down their left.

We do need quality cover though. Badly.

Disagree mate, Maitland-Niles was on that side and he came in completely unmarked. I’d at least expect him to track the run there, he usually does.

But like I said, a few players could and should have done much better in that situation.

Nothing to worry about though, just highlights our mental strength at the moment that we can go a goal down and still blow them away.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #556: Dec 30, 2018 01:33:30 am
      Do you know for me what was so great about this win...?

It was,

3) bobby go a hat-trick... feel he will play with a lot more authority now

2) I believe that the front three have finally realize that if they set goals up for one another it means, a) we win games, b) it is harder for teams to defend against them, and mark them out of games, because they never know who to mark c) everyone will get thier share of goals

1) The way after going behind we showed the fight and belief to get back into the game and go on the win it. It is the sign of a team that will win the title  ;D

We have a solid defense, a unstoppable strike force and now we have a midfield that (in Shaqiri, Fab' and Gini)not only set up but score goals regulary as well
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #557: Dec 30, 2018 01:55:27 am
      The Red Machine !!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #558: Dec 30, 2018 03:14:00 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #559: Dec 30, 2018 05:40:01 am
      Don’t know why but when Naitland-Miles scores, his celebration annoyed the hell out of me, even watching it back on the highlights. So glad we went on to smash them, they got lucky for the scoring to stop at 5.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #560: Dec 30, 2018 07:04:32 am
      Gini is superb but Bobby is the heartbeat of our team. I have zero doubts about that.

Brazilian compliment ;) He is too but Gini is playing the form of his life. He adapted so well. Obviously MOTM is Bobby.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #561: Dec 30, 2018 07:06:00 am
      Don’t know why but when Naitland-Miles scores, his celebration annoyed the hell out of me, even watching it back on the highlights. So glad we went on to smash them, they got lucky for the scoring to stop at 5.

Yep, same here. Over the top celebrations annoys me too.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #562: Dec 30, 2018 08:14:42 am
      Really impressed how Klopp tweaked the system to tighten things up in midfield. After that, we weren't so attack-minded, but Arsenal were basically shut out.

I blame Lovren for their goal, he gave the ball away and failed to get his tackle in which led to the cross. That said, he's been very solid since called upon.

I think if we avoid defeat at the Emptyhad, we'll win the league title.

Have to admit I've been reading the posts over on the redcafe...they are not taking our surge to the title very well. Pretty grim stuff over there.  :lmao:

I hope you got decontaminated when you came off redcafe.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #563: Dec 30, 2018 08:40:52 am

Didn’t notice until the highlights and laughed me tits off.

Imagine carrying on like that at 1-0 after 12 minutes or whatever it was.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #564: Dec 30, 2018 09:13:18 am
      Disagree mate, Maitland-Niles was on that side and he came in completely unmarked. I’d at least expect him to track the run there, he usually does.

But like I said, a few players could and should have done much better in that situation.

Nothing to worry about though, just highlights our mental strength at the moment that we can go a goal down and still blow them away.

Possibly could have reacted quicker after the fact and his recovery run should have been narrower.

That’s where we want him though - you’ll see that game in and game out - it is a feature component of our set-up.

In my opinion Maitland-Niles was there specifically to try to make him stay at home. I thought he had a decent game against Robbo - looks powerful and quick the kid.

We might be a tad more conservative versus City but I promise - if you watch specifically and you’ll see our opposite fb are really, really high and go beyond “their” man every time as we attack. If we lose possession as cheaply as yesterday they will look exposed.

It used to worry the hell out of me (Albie struggled with his recovery lines and Milly with speed on turn) but it comes down to Risk vs reward for the boss....
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #565: Dec 30, 2018 09:16:50 am
      Didn’t notice until the highlights and laughed me tits off.

Imagine carrying on like that at 1-0 after 12 minutes or whatever it was.

To be fair, I think that was because it was his 1st goal in 3 years or something?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #566: Dec 30, 2018 11:15:22 am
      Just came in here to say thanks to this forum I’ve met some great people down the years ,
      Had the privilege of going to last nights game with one of you , whatever I say won’t relay how good last night was , to the kebab on 22 mins on fire like our team to the five wrappings of gold , going one down didn’t even faze us , just opened the hatches and let loose the guns ,
      Been to many a great game but the company was in last night will take a lot of beating to the cider and kebab we shared last night i thank you for making it a hell of a night
      MR A BATES 
      A gentleman and a friend
      Now let’s march on to May when the liverbird will be sung loud and proud .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #567: Dec 30, 2018 11:36:51 am

I wouldn't upset Virgil but its a good job Mo's mate Dejan wasn't around or it would have gone mental.
      How good is it to see the lads back each other up.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #568: Dec 30, 2018 11:42:52 am
      Went out to watch the match and woke with a F***ing sore head this morning. What a performance!!

So much pressure on after the Apurs result and then to go one down and we showed that we are in this 100%. Unbelievable character and performance.

Still laughing at how many players Bobby left on their arses with his second :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #569: Dec 30, 2018 11:55:38 am
      Don’t know where to put this but..

How fortunate we are to have a man like Klopp orchestrating the symphony & the players like classical musicians pulling the strings with such sweet melody..

I just don’t want this ride to end, is such a high..& it’ll be gut wrenching when this manager,team, style of play & even ownership ends..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #570: Dec 30, 2018 11:59:53 am
       :hug:

How fortunate we are to have a man like Klopp orchestrating the symphony & the players like classical musicians pulling the strings with such sweet melody..

I just don’t want this ride to end, is such a high..& it’ll be gut wrenching when this manager,team, style of play & even ownership ends..

Awww
       :hug:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #571: Dec 30, 2018 12:02:10 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #572: Dec 30, 2018 12:21:51 pm

Don't talk silly, we are back and even if Klopp goes in a few years time we have a very good protégé learning his trade up in Scotland!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #573: Dec 30, 2018 12:27:12 pm
      Don't talk silly, we are back and even if Klopp goes in a few years time we have a very good protégé learning his trade up in Scotland!

I was listening to Klopp on LFCTV ( its a must by the way) he was saying after 7 years at Dortmund he was spent and needed a rest.I think he does give 100% of himself to the job he does and the pressure he is under is immense and I could see him calling it a day after 7 years so I am sure succession planning is in place.
      So he will leave Anfield a happy man with 2 or 3 EPL titles and a couple of CL wins happy days
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #574: Dec 30, 2018 12:40:40 pm
      This game was billed as a significant test, and we were tested at the back at times, but it turned out to be a nice warm up for Thursday. After we were denied a win because of joke officiating in the away game, I said we'd beat them up at home, which we did. They were there to be got at, and the front three helped themselves. It's 3 weeks before our next home game. Hopefully we'll be in an even better place in league and cup by then.

In the meantime though, Bring On The Plasticos.

Quick Reply