Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Manchester City v Liverpool , Thurs 3/1 20:00 KO

Read 17787 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Pre Match: Manchester City v Liverpool , Thurs 3/1 20:00 KO
      Dec 31, 2018 01:51:31 pm

The next hurdle for Jurgens mighty reds is an away trip to defending champions, achievers of 100 points, best team, best manager and best bank roll in the land, Man City... who are currently 7 points off The Best In Europe Reds!

It’s not the make or break game that media hype wants you to believe. Absolute worst case scenario we wake up on Friday 4 points top of the league! Now imagine the best case scenario...

For all the great that City offer they haven’t kept a clean sheet since they beat West Ham on the 24th of November, that’s 10 games without a clean sheet. That’s also against Liverpool who have scored 48 goals in 20 league games.

A possible return to action for Milner here and Moreno should be available for selection too. Mane is not the devil reincarnated so doesn’t get banned for handbags with Lichsteiner.

On the selection front for City, De Bruyne is 50/50, but you would be surprised if they don’t do everything they can to have him ready for this. Gundogan is available and Kompany completed his first 90 mins since October yesterday.

It should be the best that both teams have to offer which usually results in some fantastic clashes. However Pep changed everything he is about to stifle us at Anfield, we’re in their heads. I think they would be delighted with a draw here, don’t lose any more ground and look to make up the difference between now and May. They can’t afford to go all out and risk losing their 3rd game in 4 matches. They’ll sit, frustrate and look to counter. Their current defensive record needs to be attacked. Get a goal, get it early, make them step out and attack and punish them every time!

I cannot wait for this. It’s going to be tough, but if we can score early we can put 3 past these. If not it could all come down to one goal either way.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Pre Match: Manchester City v Liverpool , Thurs 3/1 20:00 KO
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2018 01:52:23 pm
      Anthony f***in Taylor. From Wythenshawe........

F**k off
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2018 01:55:51 pm
      Pressure all on them. Theyll go for it therefore give us up chances, up to us to take them.

Think id go Clyne in this one. Hendo Gini Fab  in the mid

1-2 reds
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2018 01:57:56 pm

The next hurdle for Jurgens mighty reds is an away trip to defending champions, achievers of 100 points, best team, best manager and best bank roll in the land, Man City... who are currently 7 points off The Best In Europe Reds!

It’s not the make or break game that media hype wants you to believe. Absolute worst case scenario we wake up on Friday 4 points top of the league! Now imagine the best case scenario...

For all the great that City offer they haven’t kept a clean sheet since they beat West Ham on the 24th of November, that’s 10 games without a clean sheet. That’s also against Liverpool who have scored 48 goals in 20 league games.

A possible return to action for Milner here and Moreno should be available for selection too. Mane is not the devil reincarnated so doesn’t get banned for handbags with Lichsteiner.

On the selection front for City, De Bruyne is 50/50, but you would be surprised if they don’t do everything they can to have him ready for this. Gundogan is available and Kompany completed his first 90 mins since October yesterday.

It should be the best that both teams have to offer which usually results in some fantastic clashes. However Pep changed everything he is about to stifle us at Anfield, we’re in their heads. I think they would be delighted with a draw here, don’t lose any more ground and look to make up the difference between now and May. They can’t afford to go all out and risk losing their 3rd game in 4 matches. They’ll sit, frustrate and look to counter. Their current defensive record needs to be attacked. Get a goal, get it early, make them step out and attack and punish them every time!

I cannot wait for this. It’s going to be tough, but if we can score early we can put 3 past these. If not it could all come down to one goal either way.

I think Pep will set up to stifle us again, but our attack is so much more lively now than when we played them at Anfield that I think we will win. Of course if they go into beast mode with their attack, which they are more than capable of then we might have some issues, as would all teams on the planet, but I agree that we are in their heads and we are a better team than last year, when we gave them a damn good thrashing in 3 out of 4 games, the other game being ruined by the Mane sending off.
      As you rightly say win lose or draw we are still in a good position come Friday morning, but I think it will either be a draw or victory to us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2018 02:01:37 pm
      Anthony F**kin Taylor. From Wythenshawe........

F**k off
      how the heck can a Manc ref this game?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2018 02:03:19 pm
      Let’s try and enjoy it.

I genuinely think we have a chance of beating these.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2018 02:04:27 pm
      Anthony F**kin Taylor. From Wythenshawe........

F**k off

Got a feeling we are going to get shafted in this one with all the bullshit media hype around Salah diving etc and he is more than capable of delivering it 🙈🙈
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2018 02:05:10 pm
      Got a feeling we are going to get shafted in this one with all the bullshit media hype around Salah diving etc and he is more than capable of delivering it 🙈🙈

But it could work the other way where the Ref doesn’t want to come across as helping city so we may get a few decisions come our way
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #8: Dec 31, 2018 02:05:12 pm
      how the heck can a Manc ref this game?

Incompetence Ribs.

He’s an Altrincham fan officially.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2018 02:06:32 pm
      Incompetence Ribs.

He’s an Altrincham fan officially.
      It's actually a load of lies, every referee bullshits about who they support so they don't get pulled from big games. He's born in a United strong hold.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2018 02:14:36 pm
      Just sent on the premier league Facebook page, 7 posts in a row about Manchester... Utter bias n*bs.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #11: Dec 31, 2018 02:22:48 pm
      So, with the ref, they are trying to make sure we don't win this game. Anything to derail LFC's season. Well, they can fuuuuk right off.

We have to get something from this one just to keep at least 7 points lead.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Dec 31, 2018 02:28:15 pm
      My least favourite referee other than Jon Moss.

Said it before but my mates a referee in the lower leagues. He's a United fan masquerading as a Bury supporter.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Dec 31, 2018 02:32:00 pm
      think I may try to avoid the game its one of those games where all the media are desperate for us to lose so their darlings can cut the gap to 4 points.
      City are going to have to be at their very best to take anything from this game.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #14: Dec 31, 2018 02:32:52 pm
      I’d take a draw right now if offered, but we showed em last season what we are about and we are even better now... so I trust the lads to do a job.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Dec 31, 2018 02:52:46 pm
      It's actually a load of lies, every referee bullshits about who they support so they don't get pulled from big games. He's born in a United strong hold.

well if that's true then he'll probably hate Citeh more than us, could work in our favour.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16: Dec 31, 2018 03:03:36 pm
      Draw would be nice, But it is the win that we all want to see. This is a six pointer...
      Do these and if Utd does Spurs on the 13th we have one foot over the finishing line  :champ:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: Dec 31, 2018 03:17:34 pm
      If the midfield plays well, we'll win.

Our attack and defense will do the job, I doubt we'll concede 2 goals with our defense properly protected by our midfield.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Dec 31, 2018 04:31:24 pm
      Guardian Football Weekly....don't bother. Apparently our win vs. Arsenal was all down to Arsenal. Also, Liverpool players are mostly those who wouldn't be starters on other top teams.... I know better than to expect more.

We'll see how they characterize it when Jürgen's Journeymen throttle Pep's Phenoms.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Dec 31, 2018 04:52:23 pm
      The pressure is on them, they could really do with a win. So could we, but maybe not quite as important as 3 points is to them.
      Right now I just feel like we can win every game. Jürgen has constructed an wonderfully balanced, talented, strong side who I'd say right now can't wait to play matches. Can't rate the job Jürgen's done highly enough.
      But we haven't won anything yet. Would settle for not loosing, but am hoping to make another statement and grab another 3 points.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #20: Dec 31, 2018 05:07:45 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #21: Dec 31, 2018 05:07:58 pm
      Guardian football weekly is garbage since Richardson left.

Barry glendenning F***ing hates us and they ALL love spurs

Only one worth listening too is Anfield Wrap now.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #22: Dec 31, 2018 05:31:26 pm
      But it could work the other way where the Ref doesn’t want to come across as helping city so we may get a few decisions come our way

Think it's more that sections of media etc saying we are getting ropey decisions hope you are right though

Quick Reply