Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match: Manchester City v Liverpool , Thurs 3/1 20:00 KO

Read 17813 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Pre Match: Manchester City v Liverpool , Thurs 3/1 20:00 KO
      Reply #69: Jan 01, 2019 06:10:29 pm
      What’s that got to with this league game then?

My point was that we didn't do well against good teams on the road so far. Of course we are playing better now. So it'll be interesting to see if we can also do some damage on the road against a top team.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #70: Jan 01, 2019 06:15:40 pm
      Win this and we take a huge step towards the title, could see City place their focus onto the CL rather than the PL and the gap might be too much.

Draw and it will still be a long race, as 7 points is not that huge imo. Think we can do them, Klopp has Pep’s number.

It certainly looks that way.

Let's hope it continues.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Jan 01, 2019 07:07:43 pm
      Not mad on hype but this is one of the biggest games of our premier league history I would suggest.

A win here and we have every chance, a draw wouldn't be too shabby and a loss would take us back into the chasing pack.

What a game, I just want to fast forward to Thursday night.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #72: Jan 01, 2019 07:22:10 pm
      My point was that we didn't do well against good teams on the road so far. Of course we are playing better now. So it'll be interesting to see if we can also do some damage on the road against a top team.

Like who? Chelsea and Arsenal where we got very respectable draws?

European games I agree were slightly poor - but this is different.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #73: Jan 01, 2019 07:26:44 pm
      Like who? Chelsea and Arsenal where we got very respectable draws?

European games I agree were slightly poor - but this is different.

or winning at Wembley against Spurs . This week we really don't want any of this negative sh*t do we. German Panzer ( a very insulting name by the way) needs to get with the programme and I think I will change my name to 633 Squadron Bomber Command
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Jan 01, 2019 07:39:53 pm
      Can we get Sergio Ramos in as consultant on how to judo throw your opponent without getting booked?

Seriously though, and I know we aren't that kind of team, but someone needs to f**k up Salah and kick Firmino off the park, so not only do we win the game but we take out their 2 best players for a few weeks and see how they fare then.

From Bluemoon... classless cu*ts.

To be fair we would probably fair better without them 2 than they did with KDB, Silva and Fernandinho missing.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #75: Jan 01, 2019 07:44:33 pm
      How things change in a year. This time last year City were coming to us unbeaten and we were fired up to end their run. Now it's our turn to go there unbeaten and no doubt a City team fired up to end our run and get their title challenge back on track are awaiting us.

Midfield the only area with a question mark over it, I'd go Hendo, Gini and Milner as I think this one might be a bit too quick for Fabinho.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #76: Jan 01, 2019 08:13:20 pm
      How things change in a year. This time last year City were coming to us unbeaten and we were fired up to end their run. Now it's our turn to go there unbeaten and no doubt a City team fired up to end our run and get their title challenge back on track are awaiting us.

Midfield the only area with a question mark over it, I'd go Hendo, Gini and Milner as I think this one might be a bit too quick for Fabinho.

No idea from where and why people have this idea that Milner is quicker than Fabinho.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #77: Jan 01, 2019 08:32:07 pm
      What intrigues me most is how Pep will deal with the fact that MC need to win this one. Will he go aggressive or will he play like @Anfield and hope for a 1-0? Our chances would be significant higher if he opts for the risky and aggressive approach.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #78: Jan 01, 2019 08:36:03 pm
      No idea from where and why people have this idea that Milner is quicker than Fabinho.

Nothing to do with physical speed at all.

Just think Fabinho's struggled a bit in games played at a high tempo, both matches against Arsenal for example.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #79: Jan 01, 2019 08:43:28 pm
      Happy New Year everyone.

What a way to start the new year with our biggest Lesgue game in years. Win the fookin thing and we’re 10 points clear. It’s almost unbelievable. I’d take the draw and a 7 point gap all day. Think I’ll faint if we win!!! F**k soaking up the pressure, press the bas**rds and force mistakes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #80: Jan 01, 2019 09:39:04 pm
      Happy New Year everyone.

What a way to start the new year with our biggest Lesgue game in years. Win the fookin thing and we’re 10 points clear. It’s almost unbelievable. I’d take the draw and a 7 point gap all day. Think I’ll faint if we win!!! F**k soaking up the pressure, press the bas**rds and force mistakes.

Great game to start the New Year and even better it's on a Thursday night as I'll get to watch it.

Like you I'd take a draw all day long but we can beat them. We're in their heads now and are a match for them and they know it.

The only thing I think is a doubt is who Jürgen goes for in midfield as the back four and front three are nailed on for me.

Does he go conservative and have Hendo, Fabinho and Gini? Or is throw Shaqiri or Keita in there to give us a bit more going forward?

I have a feeling now that we have that gap he might just go with Hendo, Fabinho and Finished  and try and just control the game and let City have to try and break through a solid midfield.
      Harrisimo

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #81: Jan 01, 2019 10:06:56 pm
      Crunch game for sure. Pep isn't going to leave anything out there. We'll come under the kosh, every battle will be crucial. We have a bit of breathing space but we don't play the percentage game. Klopp has the guts to take them on. If we score early they could leave spaces. First 15 could easily determine the outcome.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #82: Jan 01, 2019 10:13:15 pm
      Nothing to do with physical speed at all.

Just think Fabinho's struggled a bit in games played at a high tempo, both matches against Arsenal for example.

Opinions I suppose but I thought he did fine in the last game, seen Milner struggle plenty when pressed in midfield.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #83: Jan 01, 2019 10:16:47 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if Pep goes with 4 up top. He's capable of making that kind of decision with a view to going for the two goal advantage at half time..
      Let's face it, he has the individuals, Sane, Augero, Jesus, Silva, Sterling..
      If he does go, gung ho, it will play right into our hands, so long as our solid back 4 remain SOLID !

If I'm being totally honest, my only worry will be....Lovren !
      His, often, ale house tactics, have raised my blood pressure far too many times since he took over from Gomez and the thought of Sane running at him does worry me, a lot.

If our front three are on blob and they carry on doing their trickery we'll score, not one, but I can see three or even four on the counter.
      These games have hidden golden nuggets, it's up to us to find them.

I really like Pepe and his attitude towards the game of football.
      He, like Jürgen, only knows one way to play.

We're in for one helluva game of footy.

One thing we MUST understand, win lose or draw, it will NOT decide the title.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #84: Jan 01, 2019 11:11:14 pm
      Feels like the game is an age away. Like a few on here I’d take a draw but in my heart of hearts I want us to go for the jagular and attack them they’ve shown not to be able to cope with us when we do. Anyhow it will be a great tactical batttle between Jürgen and Pep.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #85: Jan 01, 2019 11:12:32 pm
            I'd be tempted with

Mig's  ...... : )

Alisson
      TAA               Lovren                     Van Dijk              Robertson

Fab         Gini

Mane                   Bobby               Shaq

Mo

My only worry is TAA a bit but Fab and Gini should provide cover. Could go with CLyne but I want Trent given responsibility in these games.       
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #86: Jan 02, 2019 12:11:42 am
      Have to imagine Hendo will be back for this one, but will it be at the expense of Fabinho or Shaq?  I think Fab will make way, Gini will keep his place, and Hendo will come in.

Alisson
      TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robbo
      Hendo - Gini
      Shaq - Bobby - Mane
      Mo

I've just got a feeling.... there's a growing sense of anticipation that this is going to be our year, so I'm going with a 3-1 win for the Reds!!  Oh, and the Leage and CL double come June!! 😎
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #87: Jan 02, 2019 01:09:27 am
      Got a sneaky feeling if fit Clyne at RB...
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #88: Jan 02, 2019 01:50:58 am

No chance

It’ll be the usual back 5 and front 3. Hendo Gini - only question is if he starts Milner or not
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #89: Jan 02, 2019 02:46:58 am

Don’t know mate against Sane or Sterling wouldn’t fancy him don’t think he has the legs yet to keep up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #90: Jan 02, 2019 03:14:45 am

Just finished re-watching the game vs Arsenal, and I must say, I made a mistake and Fabinho actually played very well in the first half (as well as 2nd). Yeah, he made a huge mistake (so did Wijnaldum which wasn't mentioned), but other than that, he was pretty much on point, and with Wijnaldum, they had control of the middle.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Hendo and Fabinho as the double 6 with Wijnaldum more in the half spaces vs City, but I also wouldn't mind seeing a midfield 3 of, Wijnaldum (6) with Hendo & Milner/Keita to give our full backs that extra protection.

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #91: Jan 02, 2019 03:15:32 am
      Can we get Sergio Ramos in as consultant on how to judo throw your opponent without getting booked?

Seriously though, and I know we aren't that kind of team, but someone needs to f**k up Salah and kick Firmino off the park, so not only do we win the game but we take out their 2 best players for a few weeks and see how they fare then.

From Bluemoon... classless cu*ts.

Good God

Quick Reply