Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      12 (9.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      24 (19%)
      Andy Robertson
      68 (54%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      4 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:51 pm

Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37673 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #1058: Jan 05, 2019 01:34:46 am
      F**k me, a game really decided by a matter of inches.

Sadio hits the inside of the post (still don't know why he didn't try to lift it over the keeper, when Edersen was already going to ground)

Stones kicks the ball away off the F***ing line and it goes through Mo's legs, how that happens is F***ing beyond me

then those cu*ts catch us on the break and Sane's shot goes in off both posts!!!

No luck at the Etihad but hope it comes back soon.

Still 4 points clear!

Comethefuckon!!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1059: Jan 05, 2019 01:35:28 am
      You didn't have the pace that City had in the midfield and that's where I thought they bossed it in my opinion.
      As a non Liverpool fan, you must know what is on rival forums. I'm just interested in what people without tinted goggles think about that midfield Klopp picked in general. What are they saying?
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 01:40:09 am by Ribapuru »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1060: Jan 05, 2019 02:18:31 am
      As a non Liverpool fan, you must know what is on rival forums. I'm just interested in what people without tinted goggles think about that midfield Klopp picked in general. What are they saying?

I haven't really looked Rib. I wouldn't of gone with that midfield if everyone was fit. However, I'm sure Klopp had his reasons and I'd never question him as he's been pretty faultless all season in my opinion.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1061: Jan 05, 2019 02:40:54 am
      I haven't really looked Rib. I wouldn't of gone with that midfield if everyone was fit. However, I'm sure Klopp had his reasons and I'd never question him as he's been pretty faultless all season in my opinion.
      think he has had a good season, but nothings perfect and I think he did make mistakes with his selection against city, everybody learns even managers. I think our remaining games are a bit easier than city's, so still fancy us to win league.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1062: Jan 05, 2019 02:53:02 am
      Baffled by some of the hugely over the top berating of players who put their all in for our club.

This group of players took us to a Champions League final last season and are now leading the race for the Premier League and got through a difficult CL group.

What more can you possibly want as a fan? It’s exciting to be competing on all fronts. We’ve watched some shocking football over the years and had to settle for mid-table mediocrity at times.

This is the best time to be an LFC fan right now. The players don’t deserve to be slated the way in which they are, they are leading us back to where we want to be.

Have you ever heard of the term a manager has taken a team as far as he can?

It was the case with us and houllier before Rafa took over.

Well the same applies to players. There are some players who 5 years ago were finishing mid table which is about their level.

The last two seasons we've finished fourth. They were both good campaigns but I was clearly obvious that we needed to upgrade on certain players to take the next step.

This summer we spent big. Alisson has made a massive difference to us, van dijk too who was bought a couple of months earlier.  And in my opinion, we look so much better and almost a different team whenever fabinho and Keita are put in ahead of others.  They were the upgrades and we look better when we play them.

I'm sick of seeing 'Henderson captained us to a European cup final'. We had, on paper, the easiest route to the CL final there probably has ever been. Apart from city we were big favourites in all our ties.

When it mattered, Henderson got bossed off the pitch by modric and the difference in class was evident. He got bossed off the pitch by him again in the World Cup and then he gets bossed in league games like last night.

It's very exciting times to be a Liverpool fan and we're all thoroughly enjoying it despite some divvys on here who accuse others of being miserable or even wums. But a couple of players are a liability still and they shouldn't play. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1063: Jan 05, 2019 04:04:06 am
      Have you ever heard of the term a manager has taken a team as far as he can?

It was the case with us and houllier before Rafa took over.

Well the same applies to players. There are some players who 5 years ago were finishing mid table which is about their level.

The last two seasons we've finished fourth. They were both good campaigns but I was clearly obvious that we needed to upgrade on certain players to take the next step.

This summer we spent big. Alisson has made a massive difference to us, van dijk too who was bought a couple of months earlier.  And in my opinion, we look so much better and almost a different team whenever fabinho and Keita are put in ahead of others.  They were the upgrades and we look better when we play them.

I'm sick of seeing 'Henderson captained us to a European cup final'. We had, on paper, the easiest route to the CL final there probably has ever been. Apart from city we were big favourites in all our ties.

When it mattered, Henderson got bossed off the pitch by modric and the difference in class was evident. He got bossed off the pitch by him again in the World Cup and then he gets bossed in league games like last night.

It's very exciting times to be a Liverpool fan and we're all thoroughly enjoying it despite some divvys on here who accuse others of being miserable or even wums. But a couple of players are a liability still and they shouldn't play. 
      Raging against Hendo because he was outshined by the Baloon D’or winner? :lmao:

He wasn’t bossed anywhere last night. Had a good game, did what Klopp wanted him to do. You are talking out of your ass because you have a personal vendetta against him. Sorry but that’s the simple truth. You won’t convince me (or likely others) otherwise.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1064: Jan 05, 2019 05:54:02 am
      flat earth theory goes against evidence, so it's in the conspiracy bracket and not the best example. There was no evidence we would batter Arsenal, I expected a narrow win personally so I was pleasantly surprised.

Plenty of evidence for the Arsenal performance, including injuries to the Arsenal back line, a centre back partnership that had issues with both mobility and pace and, whilst having a half decent run of form, Arsenal had looked vulnerable and had shown signs of a disconnect between defence and midfield all season, something Klopp and our side is very good at exploiting.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 08:08:05 am by Roddenberry »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1065: Jan 05, 2019 06:14:50 am
      Raging against Hendo because he was outshined by the Baloon D’or winner? :lmao:

He wasn’t bossed anywhere last night. Had a good game, did what Klopp wanted him to do. You are talking out of your ass because you have a personal vendetta against him. Sorry but that’s the simple truth. You won’t convince me (or likely others) otherwise.

I'm trying to explain to people like you the difference between a winner and a 'had a good cup run' player.

Again, boring statement 'he did what klopp wanted him to do'. Tell me then, why does fabinho play completely different and why does Wijnaldum? Are you telling me they are disobeying JĂźrgen then?

It's people like yourself who talk utter sh*te and you are clueless.

I was banging my drum about Lovren not long ago on here saying it was only a matter of time before he let's us down. A handful of posters kept telling me I was wrong. Then look at the city game. Are you going to tell me he did exactly what JĂźrgen wanted too?

If you think henderson is good enough not only to start for a title challenging team but to captain one then fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

I think you're deluded though. He wouldn't get in the city or Spurs team. He wouldn't even get in the Chelsea or united team. If you say otherwise then again, you're just deluded and clueless. You have no idea on the standard required to win the two major trophies, quite clearly.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1066: Jan 05, 2019 06:21:40 am
      I noticed over the last couple of weeks people like yourself are very quiet when Henderson plays well and he has played very well

One defeat and straight away people like you go straight for Henderson when it’s clear it wasn’t his fault we lost and he was our best midfielder last night but you won’t ever see that - I expect you will be quiet until the next time

Henderson has played very well?

:lmao:

No he's not.

Fabinho and Wijnaldum are the in form midfielders who have been playing well.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1067: Jan 05, 2019 06:23:17 am
      Henderson has just signed a long extension to his contract - Klopp has already said he is his general and captain and that’s not going to change despite your opinion which imo is way over the top

More or less the whole squad are on long term contracts so it gives us security. It means nothing.

Lets wait and see what happens. I have a feeling he won't be captain next season.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1068: Jan 05, 2019 06:40:54 am
      After thinking about this City match  I am convinced that City watched the Champions league final and realised if they kicked sh*te out of us  like Real Madrid did they could beat us.There is no doubt they targeted Mane and Mo for the rough house treatment from the start.Thanks to a inefficient ref we never stood a chance.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1069: Jan 05, 2019 06:42:44 am
      Well you’ve well and truly killed this thread lad
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1070: Jan 05, 2019 06:46:01 am
      Well you’ve well and truly killed this thread lad

It's just how I feel mate.( F***ing annoyed )
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1071: Jan 05, 2019 07:47:01 am
      It's just how I feel mate.( f**king annoyed )

Not you mate! Hangman the man.

Yeah they pressed the sh*t out of our midfield, kept the ball and had their full backs stay home. I’d say Pep has stumbled across a pretty good formula there for playing a Klopp side so it’s up to Jürgen to come up with an answer next time we play.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1072: Jan 05, 2019 08:06:58 am
      Not you mate! Hangman the man.

Yeah they pressed the sh*t out of our midfield, kept the ball and had their full backs stay home. I’d say Pep has stumbled across a pretty good formula there for playing a Klopp side so it’s up to Jürgen to come up with an answer next time we play.

A good formula plus some thuggery with Kompany the main culpit.On this occasion Peps formula worked but with a half decent Ref it could of well backfired on him.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1073: Jan 05, 2019 08:55:43 am
      A good formula plus some thuggery with Kompany the main culpit.On this occasion Peps formula worked but with a half decent Ref it could of well backfired on him.

Had Mo not hurdled the challenge I think he walks but then we’d likely be missing our best player the rest of the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1074: Jan 05, 2019 09:47:05 am
      just showed that Kompany challenge again he looked like he was auditioning for a Kung Fu film.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1075: Jan 05, 2019 09:51:58 am
      I was banging my drum about Lovren not long ago on here saying it was only a matter of time before he let's us down. A handful of posters kept telling me I was wrong. Then look at the city game. Are you going to tell me he did exactly what JĂźrgen wanted too?

If you think henderson is good enough not only to start for a title challenging team but to captain one then fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

Think most would agree Lovren is our 4th choice CB and is prone to errors. But 2 and 3 are injured, so he has to play. Nothing you need to 'explain' to people there. No great predictions required either.

Just on yesterday's match, some of the reviews I've seen had Hendo as our best CB [certainly none thought he was the worst]. So yes, maybe those people still need some convincing by you, as well as a fair chuck of this forum, that Hendo isn't fit to play for us.
      [small print that should be assumed - I think Fab is a better option now, but that's not the same as saying Hendo is sh*te and shouldn't play for us].   Btw, I do agree there is a more suitable captain, but that's another can of worms.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1076: Jan 05, 2019 10:13:49 am
      Why would I need “stats” ?

Unlike you I don’t blurt out statements and then suggest there are stats to back it up

Henderson has played over 300 games for Liverpool - he has played plenty of big games in those 300 and turned up

;D, yes I agree why would you ever need evidence to back up your claims!! ;D what a fuckwit!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1077: Jan 05, 2019 10:44:39 am
      ;D, yes I agree why would you ever need evidence to back up your claims!! ;D what a fuckwit!!

Were you not complaining about personal insults?  :roll:

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1078: Jan 05, 2019 11:05:29 am
      One or two city players get away with fouling all time won't surprise that Silva guy on some drug he running all match l watch him before he be not as quick and hopeful no more Jordon and milner in midfield again both got no flair
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1079: Jan 05, 2019 12:45:35 pm
      Think most would agree Lovren is our 4th choice CB and is prone to errors. But 2 and 3 are injured, so he has to play. Nothing you need to 'explain' to people there. No great predictions required either.

Just on yesterday's match, some of the reviews I've seen had Hendo as our best CB [certainly none thought he was the worst]. So yes, maybe those people still need some convincing by you, as well as a fair chuck of this forum, that Hendo isn't fit to play for us.
      [small print that should be assumed - I think Fab is a better option now, but that's not the same as saying Hendo is sh*te and shouldn't play for us].   Btw, I do agree there is a more suitable captain, but that's another can of worms.

Incredibly short memories some of you lot, honest to god.

Before this season started, Lovren was our first choice centre half. Go back in his thread and have a look.

I kept saying he is a liability etc etc etc and repeatedly said that unless we sign a centre half to partner VVD then we will still fall short.

Lovren then had a lengthy World Cup and he had some sort of stomach injury which kept him out for the first month or two of the season.

In that time, Gomez partnered VVD, a position we have all been dying for him to play for a long time. His performances were excellent (every bit as good as VVD) and he has proven already he is good enough.

So now Lovren is third choice by default (he's still ahead of matip in pecking order). The point still stands though. Some people are just completely blinded and literally have no idea just how consistent and good you have to be to win titles. Quite a few people on here were saying the same old sh*t back in the summer and that they were happy going into the season with Lovren as our first choice.

Look, henderson isn't a sh*te footballer but West Ham is about his level. We're no longer a 7-8th placed team. Our progression in three seasons under JĂźrgen is frightening and we are now arguably the best team in the country. Another upgrade or two and that argument goes away and we cement ourselves as the best team in the country, it's that simple.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1080: Jan 05, 2019 12:49:18 pm
      Clearly I was not in the condition to appreciate that goal on Thursday but just watch the build up again and tell me it wasn’t goal of the season.

Quick Reply