Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      12 (9.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      24 (19%)
      Andy Robertson
      68 (54%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      4 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:51 pm

Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37676 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #1081: Jan 05, 2019 01:28:29 pm
      ;D, yes I agree why would you ever need evidence to back up your claims!! ;D what a fuckwit!!
      Haha youā€™re the worst wormy slimey type soft sh*te having a pop only this morning about insults.

Your an absolute joke.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1082: Jan 05, 2019 01:31:04 pm
      Incredibly short memories some of you lot, honest to god.

Before this season started, Lovren was our first choice centre half. Go back in his thread and have a look.

I kept saying he is a liability etc etc etc and repeatedly said that unless we sign a centre half to partner VVD then we will still fall short.

Lovren then had a lengthy World Cup and he had some sort of stomach injury which kept him out for the first month or two of the season.

In that time, Gomez partnered VVD, a position we have all been dying for him to play for a long time. His performances were excellent (every bit as good as VVD) and he has proven already he is good enough.

So now Lovren is third choice by default (he's still ahead of matip in pecking order). The point still stands though. Some people are just completely blinded and literally have no idea just how consistent and good you have to be to win titles. Quite a few people on here were saying the same old sh*t back in the summer and that they were happy going into the season with Lovren as our first choice.

Look, henderson isn't a sh*te footballer but West Ham is about his level. We're no longer a 7-8th placed team. Our progression in three seasons under JĆ¼rgen is frightening and we are now arguably the best team in the country. Another upgrade or two and that argument goes away and we cement ourselves as the best team in the country, it's that simple.

Nip in the bud mate you have an enormously high opinion of your views and observations when it comes to football.

Breaking news buddy just like me your a regular joe whoā€™s calling in life is obviously not in professional football so cut the ā€œI saidā€ bollocks.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1083: Jan 05, 2019 01:39:30 pm
      Were you not complaining about personal insults?  :roll:
      i think personal insults have become the normal here. Lallana in Pyjamas told me vulgarly and vividly to commit a sexual act on a close relative. I won't repeat it. I've seen some bad insults but anybody who can agree with that is an utter disgrace, mod removed the posts but not even a warning for him, so all insults are fair game now. Anybody can just say anything, no control anymore. As a victim of that insult, just merely removing it without other consequences made me think it was just a cover up rather than dealing with it. Discontent is a polite word for how I felt about that.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 01:49:38 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1084: Jan 05, 2019 01:47:09 pm
      Incredibly short memories some of you lot, honest to god.

Before this season started, Lovren was our first choice centre half. Go back in his thread and have a look.

I kept saying he is a liability etc etc etc and repeatedly said that unless we sign a centre half to partner VVD then we will still fall short.

Lovren then had a lengthy World Cup and he had some sort of stomach injury which kept him out for the first month or two of the season.

In that time, Gomez partnered VVD, a position we have all been dying for him to play for a long time. His performances were excellent (every bit as good as VVD) and he has proven already he is good enough.

So now Lovren is third choice by default (he's still ahead of matip in pecking order). The point still stands though. Some people are just completely blinded and literally have no idea just how consistent and good you have to be to win titles. Quite a few people on here were saying the same old sh*t back in the summer and that they were happy going into the season with Lovren as our first choice.

Look, henderson isn't a sh*te footballer but West Ham is about his level. We're no longer a 7-8th placed team. Our progression in three seasons under JĆ¼rgen is frightening and we are now arguably the best team in the country. Another upgrade or two and that argument goes away and we cement ourselves as the best team in the country, it's that simple.
      not seeing evidence he's ahead of Matip. I think he's fourth.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1085: Jan 05, 2019 01:54:33 pm
      i think personal insults have become the normal here. Lallana in Pyjamas told me vulgarly and vividly to commit a sexual act on a close relative. I won't repeat it. I've seen some bad insults but anybody who can agree with that is an utter disgrace, mod removed the posts but not even a warning for him, so all insults are fair game now. Anybody can just say anything, no control anymore. As a victim of that insult, just merely removing it without other consequences made me think it was just a cover up rather than dealing with it. Discontent is a polite word for how I felt about that.

Keep telling the mods what to do and how to do it.

That'll end well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1086: Jan 05, 2019 01:59:54 pm
      Keep telling the mods what to do and how to do it.

That'll end well.
      There's a difference between telling people what to do and having an opinion. A lot of people have a bad attitude and make it difficult for the moderators, instead of debating a different opinion people resort to primitive tactics and hurl insults, then those same fans accuse rival fans of showing no taste. It's sad days unfortunately. Top of the league and hurling foul insults. It's become so much the norm it's difficult to rope in, it's the forums version of global warming.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1087: Jan 05, 2019 02:03:53 pm

There's a difference between telling people what to do and having an opinion. A lot of people have a bad attitude and make it difficult for the moderators, instead of debating a different opinion people resort to primitive tactics and hurl insults, then those same fans accuse rival fans of showing no taste. It's sad days unfortunately. Top of the league and hurling foul insults. It's become so much the norm it's difficult to rope in, it's the forums version of global warming.

Not a single "opinion" in there.

Just you, being a weapon and trying to tell the mods their job.

As I said, good luck with that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1088: Jan 05, 2019 02:05:37 pm
      Yes we have Wolves next but we need to regroup in time for Brighton away. That will be a tough game and they have the potential to take more points off us if we have any hangover from this game.

All about the league response now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1089: Jan 05, 2019 02:06:20 pm
      Were you not complaining about personal insults?  :roll:

Yes I was, but sometimes I just can't help myself, for example when someone claims they don't need to present any evidence to back up their claims.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1090: Jan 05, 2019 02:07:21 pm
      Yes we have Wolves next but we need to regroup in time for Brighton away. That will be a tough game and they have the potential to take more points off us if we have any hangover from this game.

All about the league response now.

I don't think it'll be a problem.
      It's not like we were played off the park or were embarrassed by them.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1091: Jan 05, 2019 02:10:22 pm
      Look, henderson isn't a sh*te footballer

Whoa, nearly fell over there ...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1092: Jan 05, 2019 02:11:31 pm
      Not a single "opinion" in there.

Just you, being a weapon and trying to tell the mods their job.

As I said, good luck with that.
      that's an opinion not an order. Why pick at Heimdall's insult if you can ignore Lallana's? I'm done arguing it's bringing my IQ down.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1093: Jan 05, 2019 02:13:12 pm

100% agree, if the mods won't police this site then F**k it, its fair game and we might as well join in with the insults. Perhaps its the use of long words and logical thinking that enrage the "super fans"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1094: Jan 05, 2019 03:20:03 pm
      Clearly I was not in the condition to appreciate that goal on Thursday but just watch the build up again and tell me it wasnā€™t goal of the season.

It was brilliant - lots of very good long , short and sharp passes in that - Fabinho and Henderson were very good fulcrum in that move and TAA was superb sweeping the ball across the pitch
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1095: Jan 05, 2019 03:26:01 pm
      Yes I was, but sometimes I just can't help myself, for example when someone claims they don't need to present any evidence to back up their claims.

I think you need to actually read what was being said but to help you out a little

The statement was that ā€œHenderson doesnā€™t turn up for big games ā€œ - I said that yes he does and good old Rip demanded that I produce statistics to back that up ( basically because he stated that ā€œstatsā€ showed something when he was basically making it up ) - and I said that I donā€™t need to provide ā€œstatsā€ to back up my opinion.

So tell me what stat would show that Henderson turns up in big games ?

And i emphasise the word ā€œstatsā€ not ā€œevidenceā€ as you suggest because it would you who introduced the word evidence not me
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1096: Jan 05, 2019 04:02:55 pm
      Whoa, nearly fell over there ...

He's not good enough for the level we currently find ourselves at.

For West Ham, he would be a decent player. For us, challenging for the league, being our captain? Nah. Not good enough.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1097: Jan 05, 2019 04:07:17 pm
      Yeah they pressed the sh*t out of our midfield, kept the ball and had their full backs stay home. Iā€™d say Pep has stumbled across a pretty good formula there for playing a Klopp side so itā€™s up to JĆ¼rgen to come up with an answer next time we play.

I'd like to see a more technical attack minded midfield setup when we face them next. 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1098: Jan 05, 2019 04:07:58 pm
      Nip in the bud mate you have an enormously high opinion of your views and observations when it comes to football.

Breaking news buddy just like me your a regular joe whoā€™s calling in life is obviously not in professional football so cut the ā€œI saidā€ bollocks.

If memory serves me correctly, weren't you one of the ones who jumped to lovrens defence? 

Explains this post.

So many stubborn people on here who talk sh*te. They either flat out refuse to admit or accept a player has performed poorly because they've spent months defending them on here or as I keep saying, they're deluded.

I have an enormously high opinion of my views? I just understand that some players aren't good enough to where we aspire to be and If there is a problem or a concern I'm happy to highlight in and talk about it.  This forum is full of 12 year olds who go home crying to their mum because somebody said something they didn't like.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1099: Jan 05, 2019 04:08:56 pm
      Any nerdy types explain what this means,sorry the pic is so big!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1100: Jan 05, 2019 04:09:02 pm
      He's not good enough for the level we currently find ourselves at.

For West Ham, he would be a decent player. For us, challenging for the league, being our captain? Nah. Not good enough.

Who says he isnā€™t good enough ?

And we are challenging for the league and he is our captain so your last point is quite clearly incorrect is it not ?

This is very apt for yourself

ā€œJan 2018, City lose their first premier league game of the season and still go on to crack 100pts and win the title.

Jan 2019, Liverpool lose their first premier league game of the season and ITā€™S ALL BECAUSE OF LOVREN AND HENDERSON AND WEā€™VE ALREADY LOST THE TITLE! OMFFGG!!ā€
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1101: Jan 05, 2019 04:36:15 pm

I just understand that some players aren't good enough to where we aspire to be and If there is a problem or a concern I'm happy to highlight in and talk about it.

Where we aspire to be is challenging and winning the big titles, PL and CL. We have shown last season and this we can challenge, whilst winning is the next step which we still have an excellent chance of doing come May.

He is a regular player in a team that is challenging for major titles and potentially will be our first captain to lift a premier league title. So to say you ā€˜understandā€™ what players are required to get to where we want to be is at best marginal and not the level of ā€˜he should be at West Hamā€™.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1102: Jan 05, 2019 04:51:15 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1103: Jan 05, 2019 04:55:51 pm
      Who says he isnā€™t good enough ?

And we are challenging for the league and he is our captain so your last point is quite clearly incorrect is it not ?

This is very apt for yourself

ā€œJan 2018, City lose their first premier league game of the season and still go on to crack 100pts and win the title.

Jan 2019, Liverpool lose their first premier league game of the season and ITā€™S ALL BECAUSE OF LOVREN AND HENDERSON AND WEā€™VE ALREADY LOST THE TITLE! OMFFGG!!ā€

Where we aspire to be is challenging and winning the big titles, PL and CL. We have shown last season and this we can challenge, whilst winning is the next step which we still have an excellent chance of doing come May.

He is a regular player in a team that is challenging for major titles and potentially will be our first captain to lift a premier league title. So to say you ā€˜understandā€™ what players are required to get to where we want to be is at best marginal and not the level of ā€˜he should be at West Hamā€™.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kX-W-BG38

For gods sake.

'We finished fourth and we got to the European cup final with Hendo in the team that proves he is good enough'

Yes. But we didn't win anything did we? So what does it matter? As soon as they came up against top opposition they crumbled and Henderson was bloody f**king awful in that final. Probably the worst Liverpool captain performance in a final.

The team who got to Kiev weren't good enough to win it and they weren't good enough to win the league.  We've since made improvements and some upgrades and we are very nearly there.

But if Lovren gets more game time then know this, he WILL cost us more points and those points may prove vital come May.

We also look a million times better WITHOUT Henderson in the team. Just look at bloody Thursday when fabinho came on and went in his position. The difference was there to see.

Even his fan boys are starting to say 'I prefer Fabinho in the team BUT hendo is still brilliant' just so they don't contradict themselves or admit they were wrong about him. We are a better team without him and there's just no denying that. fabinho is better in the 6 and we have much stronger options in the 8.

We will never know will we but I firmly believe we would have taken something at city without those two in our line up. And that's why I highlight it because the margins are very fine and I have a feeling that only a point or two will be the difference come the end of the season.

I don't often say JĆ¼rgen got it wrong but on Thursday he did. The less game time those two liabilities get the better for us and the chances of winning silverware increase tremendously.

Quick Reply