Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO

Read 13091 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO
      Reply #115: Jan 07, 2019 12:05:09 pm
      tw*t of a game this one just like the league game was a few weeks ago.
      They're a dirty team who will stop at nothing to lunge into tackles and put us off our stride.
      They singled out Keita in the league game and jumped and stood all over him, eventually causing him to limp off halfway through the second half >:(

We've got to match them in every position and put the result to bed, so the squad lads that come in need to be strong and take no sh*t.
      I just hope that Jurgens choice of starting 11 can springboard us into round 4
      and
      I'd like to think that if we are struggling up front then JK doesn't leave it too late to bring on the cavalry

I want to win this trophy, at Wembley, in May !!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #116: Jan 07, 2019 12:38:58 pm
      The BBC, like Netflix, are getting wise to VPN proxy servers being used to access content, and have begun detecting when a VPN is being used to circumvent their content licensing restrictions. You may start to find NordVPN's server's being blocked eventually. NordVPN, ExpressVPN both apparently work with iPlayer at present.

Otherwise, you'll rarely fail to come across a stream for a Liverpool game on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/
      Head over there later tonight and the thread will be open.

Not quite sure how they can block VPN servers apart form on IP address and that is easily changed, I'm sure NordVPN will find some way round, anyway for now it works fine.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #117: Jan 07, 2019 01:50:49 pm
      With the XI we will field and playing away from home, I make us second favourites for this really.
      Me too.  Wolves are a pretty good side and will play close to full-strength, probably. 
      Reckon we'll play 6 or 7 that aren't nailed-on starters.  With home advantage also, they should be favourite.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #118: Jan 07, 2019 01:53:28 pm
      Do we know if we're going for a mainly 1st team here, nor not?

From what I understand, not even close. Migs in goal, maybe some youngsters starting or at least on the bench.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #119: Jan 07, 2019 01:59:06 pm
      Pearce has already said Moreno and Camacho are the starting fullbacks. I expect the midfield will be Fab, Keita and Lallana. But we have no other fit center backs than Virgil and Lovren.

The number of matches in close succession some of you expect players to play is not terribly empathetic  :)

These day, you have to think big picture. It's not that the Cup isn't important, it's the impact rotation can have on the long view.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #120: Jan 07, 2019 02:05:34 pm
      Get NordVPN and log into a UK server, you can then watch anything you want. Failing that there must be some decent streams for this.

Yeah I’m sure all that VPN business works.

I’ve got sky sports and BT sport so I’m usually alright. It’s the shitty 3pm Saturdays that I always have to try find a stream for.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #121: Jan 07, 2019 02:43:39 pm

I’ve got sky sports and BT sport so I’m usually alright. It’s the shitty 3pm Saturdays that I always have to try find a stream for.
      I find it frustrating that I am forced to pay SKY and BT to see Liverpool but I cant pay Liverpool to see their games even though I also have LFC TV.
      I think FSG are keen to do this but the collective power of the EPL prohibits it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #122: Jan 07, 2019 02:53:51 pm
      Pearce has already said Moreno and Camacho are the starting fullbacks. I expect the midfield will be Fab, Keita and Lallana. But we have no other fit center backs than Virgil and Lovren.

The number of matches in close succession some of you expect players to play is not terribly empathetic  :)

These day, you have to think big picture. It's not that the Cup isn't important, it's the impact rotation can have on the long view.
      If Camacho can be FB, Phillips can be CB.
      Feeling sleepy though, feel like I will pass out during the game.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #123: Jan 07, 2019 03:03:50 pm

Get an alphadoo 😉
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #124: Jan 07, 2019 03:26:13 pm

Yeah it is mainly blacklists containing known IPs. It's a game of cat and mouse but generally the best ones like NordVPN and ExpressVPN stay one step ahead.

Anyway back to the football, I'm half looking forward to seeing some youth get a chance and half worried as we're up against a good side on their patch. Going to be tough.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #125: Jan 07, 2019 04:01:06 pm
      No idea how the game will go tonight, at least it is on BBC. Think Klopp will have his mind more on the Brighton game at the weekend, resting quite a few of our main players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #126: Jan 07, 2019 04:20:48 pm
      I find it frustrating that I am forced to pay SKY and BT to see Liverpool but I cant pay Liverpool to see their games even though I also have LFC TV.
      I think FSG are keen to do this but the collective power of the EPL prohibits it.

I find it weird that the top 6 clubs don't demand the right to broadcast their Saturday matches on PPV, it would be a very nice earner for them. If the EPL says no then the Big 6 say F U and go and form a European league, they have a hell of a lot of power.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #127: Jan 07, 2019 04:43:42 pm
      cant wait for the fallout when tonight's team is announced.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #128: Jan 07, 2019 04:49:02 pm
      This game is live on BBC 1.  ;D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #129: Jan 07, 2019 04:59:06 pm
      A good streaming app for tjose who have an Android  phone or tablet is MOBDRO
      its good even if you  have to go out  as long as ypu have internet.  near
      YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #130: Jan 07, 2019 05:00:06 pm
      Hope we don't F**k up tonight
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #131: Jan 07, 2019 05:05:57 pm

I am fully perpared for my own meltdown
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #132: Jan 07, 2019 05:25:43 pm
      All this talk about meltdowns is making me want pizza.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #133: Jan 07, 2019 05:28:57 pm
      Me too.  Wolves are a pretty good side and will play close to full-strength, probably. 
      Reckon we'll play 6 or 7 that aren't nailed-on starters.  With home advantage also, they should be favourite.

Yet with the bookies we are 5/6 and they are 3/1.

I don't get against Liverpool otherwise I'd be on it.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #134: Jan 07, 2019 05:32:28 pm
      Not sure where else to put this, so I'll just throw it in here...

I watched the movie adaptation of "One Night in Istanbul" last night, and I though it was great.  They did a nice job of creating a relatively coherent storyline, providing plenty of satire and comic relief, and weaving in just enough "real footage" of our historical comeback win for #5 to make a really enjoyable watch.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I found it to be a nice tonic coming off the dissapointing result against City to get me excited about today's game and the rest of the season. 

Anyways, about todays game, I think we will see some heavy rotation as Jürgen will prioritize the league and CL.  However, we have enough depth to field a strong side.  It will be interesting to see where Fabinho pops up, because he could play at CB, RB, or CDM.  Milner could play at RB with Moreno at LB.  I'm thinking something like this:

Migs
      Milner - Fabinho - Lovren - Moreno
      Hendo - Gini
      Keita
      Shaqiri - Studge - Lallana
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #135: Jan 07, 2019 05:35:06 pm

I’m just waiting for the team sheet to see if I need to change my prediction, if there’s time that is 😳
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #136: Jan 07, 2019 05:35:40 pm

Think we might 😬
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #137: Jan 07, 2019 05:55:10 pm
      I find it weird that the top 6 clubs don't demand the right to broadcast their Saturday matches on PPV, it would be a very nice earner for them. If the EPL says no then the Big 6 say F U and go and form a European league, they have a hell of a lot of power.

So the Prem then just turns into a league very unbalanced.

No way should Prem clubs be able to negotiate their own contracts - it’s already a hard job for a lot of clubs to compete why make it worse.

Quick Reply