Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Sat 19th Jan @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D2 L6

Pre Match: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO

Read 2346 times
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,232 posts | 348 
      Re: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO
      Reply #30: Jan 04, 2019 07:28:20 pm
      Fully agree. folks here are in for a shock if they think Jürgen is going to rotate more than a few positions for this.
      Have a look at the team that played in our last cup game mate.

No Alisson
      No VVD
      No Gomez
      No Trent
      No Robertson
      No Wijnaldum
      Firmino sub
      Salah sub

That was against Chelsea.

Jürgen isn’t stupid and knows these guys are only human and have had a very busy December. Would be surprised if there is any less than 7 changes.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 280 
      Reply #31: Jan 04, 2019 07:32:00 pm
      Ming

Milner
      Phillips
      Lovren
      Moreno

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Shaqiri

Lallana
      Sturridge
      Origi
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,344 posts | 1837 
      Reply #32: Jan 04, 2019 07:54:07 pm
      Ming

Milner
      Phillips
      Lovren
      Moreno

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Shaqiri

Lallana
      Sturridge
      Origi

Forgot about Milner at RB. That'll probably be right but I think Keita will play.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 280 
      Reply #33: Jan 04, 2019 07:57:32 pm
      Forgot about Milner at RB. That'll probably be right but I think Keita will play.

I expect he will as well and was supposed to put him in instead of Henderson
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,476 posts | 1491 
      Reply #34: Jan 04, 2019 08:21:27 pm
      We can rotate and still have a good midfield but in attack and defence we have fewer options so I think we'll need to play some regulars and then sub at half time. We have to take this game seriously as Wolves will surely go for this.
      Scottbot

• 7,073 posts | 1092 
      Reply #35: Jan 04, 2019 10:29:51 pm
      You’d expect Studge, Keita, Lallana and Shaqiri to play. Not sure he can all of the back four but I would deffo give Robbo the afternoon off. I’d like to see young Curtis Jones get some involvement because he was really impressive during pre season
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,965 posts | 561 
      Reply #36: Jan 04, 2019 10:50:27 pm
      Ming

Milner
      Phillips
      Lovren
      Moreno

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Shaqiri

Lallana
      Sturridge
      Origi

What do you think about swapping Lallana and Shaqiri in this lineup? I still like Shaq better as a wide forward, and I like Lalllana better as an attacking midfielder particularly for his energy in the press (and he isn't really a potent finisher).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2538 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Jan 05, 2019 01:08:49 am
      Alisson doesn't get rested for me.

As for the rest, have no idea.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 757 posts | 172 
      Reply #38: Jan 05, 2019 01:42:45 am
      There should be some level of rotation, but with a lighter load in January no need to do too many changes. Really cannot afford a loss here and have to deal with the crap from the media about losing 2 games in a row and panic alarms going off everywhere.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,302 posts | 671 
      Reply #39: Jan 05, 2019 01:56:04 am
      Why people are advocating playing migs in goal baffles me , he has proved time and again to be sub standard , these won’t be pushovers , so it will take a very decent team to get the result not too many changes for me ,
      Saying that it wouldn’t shock me if Klopp does make wholesale changes also wouldn’t surprise me if he played migs , it would though disappoint me .
      andylfcynwa

• 7,302 posts | 671 
      Reply #40: Jan 05, 2019 01:59:06 am
      Ming

Milner
      Phillips
      Lovren
      Moreno

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Shaqiri

Lallana
      Sturridge
      Origi

Lovren and Moreno in the same defence, the stuff of fckin nightmares right there .put the Ming behind that and right there is a recipe for disaster .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,972 posts | 2774 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Jan 05, 2019 03:27:32 am
      Why people are advocating playing migs in goal baffles me , he has proved time and again to be sub standard , these won’t be pushovers , so it will take a very decent team to get the result not too many changes for me ,
      Saying that it wouldn’t shock me if Klopp does make wholesale changes also wouldn’t surprise me if he played migs , it would though disappoint me .

Don’t think Migs is anyone’s ideal choice to play, think it’s just a case that it seems very likely that he will play this game to give Alisson a bit of a rest.
      I’d love it if he doesn’t play though, boosts our chances straight away.
      Scottbot

• 7,073 posts | 1092 
      Reply #42: Jan 05, 2019 07:42:34 am
      I suspect our side will be rotated considerably more than Wolves so there is a very real possibility we’re looking at another early FA Cup exit because they are a good side. Hopefully they rest a good few as well and the likes of Zkeita, Shaqiri and Studge can fire us through.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,708 posts | 1987 
      Reply #43: Jan 05, 2019 09:38:53 am

Simply because it’s a risk that isn’t necessary.

League and Champs League are our priorities - and we CAN win them both so that’s plenty of games.

I just don’t think there’s any more need to play Allison than Robbo, VVD etc.
      heimdall

• 7,476 posts | 1491 
      Reply #44: Jan 05, 2019 10:18:45 am
      Alisson doesn't get rested for me.

As for the rest, have no idea.

So do we leave our back up keeper with zero game time then, that's very risky in case we ever do need to call upon him in a big game!
      LMW
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 59 posts | 14 
      Reply #45: Jan 05, 2019 10:25:27 am
      I’d never normally wish a loss upon us but I think an early exit in the FA Cup will improve our chances in the league.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,535 posts | 180 
      Reply #46: Jan 05, 2019 10:50:32 am
      Funny one this . Don't want to lose again as I feel this could impact on Brighton game need to get back to winning ways asap. Obviously there will be changes but he basically doesn't need to play the Midfield that will play against Brighton. Robbo and Trent rested from back 4 . Maybe rest Salah and Bobby or on bench keep Mane in as he missed a game or two prior to Christmas
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,340 posts | 116 
      Reply #47: Jan 05, 2019 10:52:50 am
      Have rest good few players too much risk we never get better chance win premier league first time only thing we not won, l rest vvd salah Robertson and bobby and mane play few younger players
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,340 posts | 116 
      Reply #48: Jan 05, 2019 10:55:17 am
      For me fc cup kind lose it magic not big cup as use be l play few younger players
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,559 posts | 293 
      Reply #49: Jan 05, 2019 11:38:34 am
      Advocates for experimenting during actual games, this is the game. I'm not for experimenting, and I believe in nailing it on the actual game.

But if we need to validate who needs to leave, then this is the match. Give the players a job and a role to nail. If they can't even do a proper one or show vulnerabilities and mistakes, they need to go. How then can we judge if the fringe players don't play.
      GERNS

• 6,821 posts | 435 
      Reply #50: Jan 05, 2019 11:46:25 am
      Weather or not Jürgen takes the FA cup seriously, (hope he does)I think we field our strongest side snd go for the win !
      We know what wolves are capable of, and they ain’t gonna win the Prem, so this will be a huge game for them, we’ve gotta match them and win it.
      Two losses on the trot now, won’t do us any good mentallly.
      Must win game for me, for other reasons than it being the FA cup.
      3:1 to us I hope.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,099 posts | 1747 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #51: Jan 05, 2019 12:43:01 pm
      We've been crying out for silverware for f**k knows how long, as a club we have entered the FA cup competition,  if you enter a competition i would assume that our intention would be to f***in win it, it wouldn't look too professional if we played a X1 with too many second string players that would seriously reduce our chances of progressing,
      A few seasons back we struggled to field a side entirely of first teamers when you needed to rest regular starters, its not the case anymore,  we have the sqaud numbers now that allows several changes without dipping into the ressies.

Mignolet
             Camacho Lovren Virgil Moreno
                       Fabinho    Hendo
                  Lallana   Shaqiri   Keita
                              Sturridge

Subs; Alisson Milner Wijnaldom Mane
                  Bobby Mo Origi

I want us to go the whole f***in hog, i think we need to win something just to get the monkey off our backs, to taste victory and have something to celebrate,

The FA cup has lost its prestige but only cos its not on f***in sky tv, and the bbc is Sh*te, nevertheless we should as a club be going all out to win it.

SO LET'S FUCKIN DO IT !

YNWA

Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,275 posts | 1192 
      Reply #52: Jan 05, 2019 01:12:36 pm
      Don’t think Migs is anyone’s ideal choice to play, think it’s just a case that it seems very likely that he will play this game to give Alisson a bit of a rest.
      I’d love it if he doesn’t play though, boosts our chances straight away.
      Prefer Migs to play. After last game some comedy will be good and I don't really care about FA cup, rather drop out early because going deep into the tournament could cost us the league. Imagine a bad injury in FA cup to a key player? No thanks. Challenges in this cup are often horrendous. League and CL should be our focus, we don't have a squad capable of a triple right now, just enough depth for two things. That said, good chance to see fridge players.. Origi, Lallana, Sturridge etc... any wins a bonus.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 01:17:01 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,708 posts | 1987 
      Reply #53: Jan 05, 2019 01:21:44 pm
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 38 
      Reply #54: Jan 05, 2019 01:24:11 pm
      What happened to the FA-Cup? It's the oldest football competition in the world and we treat it like the League-Cup?  ??? ??? ??? Of course we gonna still rotate: I wanna see Mignolet, Moreno, Keita, Fabinho, Shaq, Lallana and Sturridge. Especially Keita needs some good experiences to get going. Tough game though, the Wolves are for real.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,092 posts | 1426 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #55: Jan 05, 2019 01:25:29 pm
      Prefer Migs to play. After last game some comedy will be good and I don't really care about FA cup, rather drop out early because going deep into the tournament could cost us the league. Imagine a bad injury in FA cup to a key player? No thanks. Challenges in this cup are often horrendous. League and CL should be our focus, we don't have a squad capable of a triple right now, just enough depth for two things. That said, good chance to see fridge players.. Origi, Lallana, Sturridge etc... any wins a bonus.

Fridge players ? Even by your standards that's harsh
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,275 posts | 1192 
      Reply #56: Jan 05, 2019 01:26:17 pm
      here's evidence Klopp isn't taking FA cup serious. It's a stupid competition. Spurs get Tranmere and we get Wolves? Every year we get lumbered with PL teams a first match. It's not the magic of the FA cup, it's either sh*t luck or corruption. Need seeds in this cup.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,275 posts | 1192 
      Reply #57: Jan 05, 2019 01:29:32 pm
      Fridge players ? Even by your standards that's harsh
      Our fringe players used to be Solanke, Clyne etc.. they're gone. Do we use Phillips and Markovic? 😑
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,573 posts | 1854 
      Reply #58: Jan 05, 2019 02:12:07 pm
      Migs starting against Wolves.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/332918-klopp-mignolet-liverpool-wolves-team-selection

Simon Mignolet will start Liverpool's FA Cup third-round tie with Wolverhampton Wanderers, with Jürgen Klopp also planning to make other changes to his team.

Mignolet has made just one appearance so far this season, with Alisson Becker having assumed the mantle of the Reds' first-choice goalkeeper since his summer transfer from AS Roma.

But Klopp confirmed on Friday that the Belgium international will be selected as one of a number of alterations to his line-up at Molineux on Monday.

"He will play, of course," the boss told his pre-match press conference.

"Yes, we have to [make changes]. That’s clear. We came through the intense period now somehow OK, but of course we have to make changes. How many I don’t know, but we have to. There is no chance for anything else."

Having announced his intention to start Mignolet, Klopp went on to speak in glowing terms about the 30-year-old's quality as well as his daily attitude and application at Melwood.

The manager continued: "Simon, I could write a book about all the good things I could say about him.

"I am not sure if you saw it in the Man City game, in the warm up, he had seven, eight incredible saves. I was not sure if I am happy about that - I thought ‘Come on, let them gain a bit of confidence!’, but he caught them from everywhere and that’s how he is. He is a fantastic professional and did brilliantly so far.

"Like all the boys who don’t play constantly week in and week out, they keep the level really high in training. Our ‘A versus B’ matches are unbelievable high quality.

"Si is a Premier League goalkeeper, everybody knows that, so I am really happy for him that he can have that game and it will be a difficult game on top [which is] maybe good for a goalie. He will have, I’m pretty sure, the opportunity to show up a few times."

« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 02:20:48 pm by Swab »
      heimdall

• 7,476 posts | 1491 
      Reply #59: Jan 05, 2019 02:23:16 pm
      here's evidence Klopp isn't taking FA cup serious. It's a stupid competition. Spurs get Tranmere and we get Wolves? Every year we get lumbered with PL teams a first match. It's not the magic of the FA cup, it's either sh*t luck or corruption. Need seeds in this cup.

I 100% agree Ribapuru, the FA Cup really does need some seeding, would make it much more interesting if it was set up like a seeded competition from the 3rd round, it is bullshit that one top team gets some non league team whilst another gets a tough same league team

Quick Reply