Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO

Read 13097 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Re: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO
      Reply #46: Jan 05, 2019 10:50:32 am
      Funny one this . Don't want to lose again as I feel this could impact on Brighton game need to get back to winning ways asap. Obviously there will be changes but he basically doesn't need to play the Midfield that will play against Brighton. Robbo and Trent rested from back 4 . Maybe rest Salah and Bobby or on bench keep Mane in as he missed a game or two prior to Christmas
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #47: Jan 05, 2019 10:52:50 am
      Have rest good few players too much risk we never get better chance win premier league first time only thing we not won, l rest vvd salah Robertson and bobby and mane play few younger players
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #48: Jan 05, 2019 10:55:17 am
      For me fc cup kind lose it magic not big cup as use be l play few younger players
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #49: Jan 05, 2019 11:38:34 am
      Advocates for experimenting during actual games, this is the game. I'm not for experimenting, and I believe in nailing it on the actual game.

But if we need to validate who needs to leave, then this is the match. Give the players a job and a role to nail. If they can't even do a proper one or show vulnerabilities and mistakes, they need to go. How then can we judge if the fringe players don't play.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #50: Jan 05, 2019 11:46:25 am
      Weather or not Jürgen takes the FA cup seriously, (hope he does)I think we field our strongest side snd go for the win !
      We know what wolves are capable of, and they ain’t gonna win the Prem, so this will be a huge game for them, we’ve gotta match them and win it.
      Two losses on the trot now, won’t do us any good mentallly.
      Must win game for me, for other reasons than it being the FA cup.
      3:1 to us I hope.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #51: Jan 05, 2019 12:43:01 pm
      We've been crying out for silverware for F**k knows how long, as a club we have entered the FA cup competition,  if you enter a competition i would assume that our intention would be to f***in win it, it wouldn't look too professional if we played a X1 with too many second string players that would seriously reduce our chances of progressing,
      A few seasons back we struggled to field a side entirely of first teamers when you needed to rest regular starters, its not the case anymore,  we have the sqaud numbers now that allows several changes without dipping into the ressies.

Mignolet
             Camacho Lovren Virgil Moreno
                       Fabinho    Hendo
                  Lallana   Shaqiri   Keita
                              Sturridge

Subs; Alisson Milner Wijnaldom Mane
                  Bobby Mo Origi

I want us to go the whole f***in hog, i think we need to win something just to get the monkey off our backs, to taste victory and have something to celebrate,

The FA cup has lost its prestige but only cos its not on f***in sky tv, and the bbc is sh*te, nevertheless we should as a club be going all out to win it.

SO LET'S f***in DO IT !

YNWA

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: Jan 05, 2019 01:12:36 pm
      Don’t think Migs is anyone’s ideal choice to play, think it’s just a case that it seems very likely that he will play this game to give Alisson a bit of a rest.
      I’d love it if he doesn’t play though, boosts our chances straight away.
      Prefer Migs to play. After last game some comedy will be good and I don't really care about FA cup, rather drop out early because going deep into the tournament could cost us the league. Imagine a bad injury in FA cup to a key player? No thanks. Challenges in this cup are often horrendous. League and CL should be our focus, we don't have a squad capable of a triple right now, just enough depth for two things. That said, good chance to see fridge players.. Origi, Lallana, Sturridge etc... any wins a bonus.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 01:17:01 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #53: Jan 05, 2019 01:21:44 pm
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #54: Jan 05, 2019 01:24:11 pm
      What happened to the FA-Cup? It's the oldest football competition in the world and we treat it like the League-Cup?  ??? ??? ??? Of course we gonna still rotate: I wanna see Mignolet, Moreno, Keita, Fabinho, Shaq, Lallana and Sturridge. Especially Keita needs some good experiences to get going. Tough game though, the Wolves are for real.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #55: Jan 05, 2019 01:25:29 pm
      Prefer Migs to play. After last game some comedy will be good and I don't really care about FA cup, rather drop out early because going deep into the tournament could cost us the league. Imagine a bad injury in FA cup to a key player? No thanks. Challenges in this cup are often horrendous. League and CL should be our focus, we don't have a squad capable of a triple right now, just enough depth for two things. That said, good chance to see fridge players.. Origi, Lallana, Sturridge etc... any wins a bonus.

Fridge players ? Even by your standards that's harsh
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Jan 05, 2019 01:26:17 pm
      here's evidence Klopp isn't taking FA cup serious. It's a stupid competition. Spurs get Tranmere and we get Wolves? Every year we get lumbered with PL teams a first match. It's not the magic of the FA cup, it's either sh*t luck or corruption. Need seeds in this cup.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #57: Jan 05, 2019 01:29:32 pm
      Fridge players ? Even by your standards that's harsh
      Our fringe players used to be Solanke, Clyne etc.. they're gone. Do we use Phillips and Markovic? 😑
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #58: Jan 05, 2019 02:12:07 pm
      Migs starting against Wolves.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/332918-klopp-mignolet-liverpool-wolves-team-selection

Simon Mignolet will start Liverpool's FA Cup third-round tie with Wolverhampton Wanderers, with Jürgen Klopp also planning to make other changes to his team.

Mignolet has made just one appearance so far this season, with Alisson Becker having assumed the mantle of the Reds' first-choice goalkeeper since his summer transfer from AS Roma.

But Klopp confirmed on Friday that the Belgium international will be selected as one of a number of alterations to his line-up at Molineux on Monday.

"He will play, of course," the boss told his pre-match press conference.

"Yes, we have to [make changes]. That’s clear. We came through the intense period now somehow OK, but of course we have to make changes. How many I don’t know, but we have to. There is no chance for anything else."

Having announced his intention to start Mignolet, Klopp went on to speak in glowing terms about the 30-year-old's quality as well as his daily attitude and application at Melwood.

The manager continued: "Simon, I could write a book about all the good things I could say about him.

"I am not sure if you saw it in the Man City game, in the warm up, he had seven, eight incredible saves. I was not sure if I am happy about that - I thought ‘Come on, let them gain a bit of confidence!’, but he caught them from everywhere and that’s how he is. He is a fantastic professional and did brilliantly so far.

"Like all the boys who don’t play constantly week in and week out, they keep the level really high in training. Our ‘A versus B’ matches are unbelievable high quality.

"Si is a Premier League goalkeeper, everybody knows that, so I am really happy for him that he can have that game and it will be a difficult game on top [which is] maybe good for a goalie. He will have, I’m pretty sure, the opportunity to show up a few times."

« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 02:20:48 pm by Swab »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Jan 05, 2019 02:23:16 pm
      here's evidence Klopp isn't taking FA cup serious. It's a stupid competition. Spurs get Tranmere and we get Wolves? Every year we get lumbered with PL teams a first match. It's not the magic of the FA cup, it's either sh*t luck or corruption. Need seeds in this cup.

I 100% agree Ribapuru, the FA Cup really does need some seeding, would make it much more interesting if it was set up like a seeded competition from the 3rd round, it is bullshit that one top team gets some non league team whilst another gets a tough same league team
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #60: Jan 05, 2019 02:56:41 pm
      ‘Klopp confirms Mignolet to start against Wolves’.

Well, that’s us out the cup then!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #61: Jan 05, 2019 03:09:16 pm
      I 100% agree Ribapuru, the FA Cup really does need some seeding, would make it much more interesting if it was set up like a seeded competition from the 3rd round, it is bullshit that one top team gets some non league team whilst another gets a tough same league team

Klopp's first season we played Exeter. His next season we played Plymouth Argyle, so no, not a PL team in our first round.

It's a fun competition, but it doesn't always work out to field our strongest lineup, and Klopp's comments in today's presser indicate he will make a lot of changes for Monday's match. He says we have to.
      Might be seeing Curtis Jones and/or Rafa Camacho, but I imagine it will have to be Virgil and Lovren at center back again as I don't think any other center backs have been in training with the first team (Johnston and Masterson are the current U23 center backs with Nat Phillips injured). Fabinho, Keita and Lallana should be the midfield, with Origi, Sturridge and Shaq up front (or swap Shaq and Lallana)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #62: Jan 05, 2019 03:31:24 pm

Do you actually believe the sh*te you type ?

Seedings ?! Stop talking drivel - it’s a random draw - sometimes you get a good draw sometimes you can a really bad one - everyone has their fair share of both

It’s a shame that some look so down on such an illustrious competition and one that has been ruined over the years - it’s inportance died the year the Scum were allowed to miss it
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #63: Jan 05, 2019 04:16:37 pm
      Can everyone just take a breath, and relax?

The FA Cup is the FA Cup. We get who ever is drawn out of a lovely glass bowl. The drawers have a rehearsal, a coffee, a laugh. We got Wolves. Deal with it.

A trip to Tranmere would have been great, but Spurs are divvies for making the trip, moaning about the game being played on a Thursday, also knowing there was no transport arranged for their trip back. Don’t be like them.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 04:26:20 pm by Court LFC »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jan 05, 2019 05:36:55 pm
      I'd go with below.

Migs

Ki-Jana Lovren Phillips  Moreno

Camacho  Henderson   Milner

Markovic   Origi    Lallana

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2019 05:50:42 pm
      I wonder will Wolves go full out for this team wise?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2019 05:58:35 pm
      I wonder will Wolves go full out for this team wise?
      yeah. For teams outside top six it's Europa League qualification chance and probably the only cup they're still in. That's the reason why lower sides can progress.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2019 08:12:30 pm
      I'd go with below.

Migs

Ki-Jana Lovren Phillips  Moreno

Camacho  Henderson   Milner

Markovic   Origi    Lallana

Lazy Lazar can F**k off. Rather give a shot to Brewster than that lad.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2019 08:15:39 pm
      Lazy Lazar can f**k off. Rather give a shot to Brewster than that lad.
      is he even still here. This is probably going to be the most difficult team selection to predict this season

Quick Reply