Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO

Read 13090 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Re: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO
      Reply #138: Jan 07, 2019 06:00:06 pm
      So the Prem then just turns into a league very unbalanced.

No way should Prem clubs be able to negotiate their own contracts - it’s already a hard job for a lot of clubs to compete why make it worse.

Yeah, part of the global appeal of the Prem over other leagues (particularly Spain) is the competitiveness from top to bottom that is created by dividing up the TV money equally across all 20 sides.  If this aspect disappears, then it will lose some of the appeal and marketability as the most competitive league in the world. 

On the other hand, I wish they would come up with a way where I could pay 1 flat fee and get access to every LFC match regardless of what competition it is.  Divvy the monies up evenly -- I just want easy access to watch the games I care about.  There has to be a middle ground somewhere, right ???
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #139: Jan 07, 2019 06:05:14 pm
      Yeah, part of the global appeal of the Prem over other leagues (particularly Spain) is the competitiveness from top to bottom that is created by dividing up the TV money equally across all 20 sides.  If this aspect disappears, then it will lose some of the appeal and marketability as the most competitive league in the world. 

On the other hand, I wish they would come up with a way where I could pay 1 flat fee and get access to every LFC match regardless of what competition it is.  Divvy the monies up evenly -- I just want easy access to watch the games I care about.  There has to be a middle ground somewhere, right ???

Sorry but no - every game shouldn’t be televised , got to protect the fans in the stadium
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #140: Jan 07, 2019 06:07:10 pm
      So the Prem then just turns into a league very unbalanced.

No way should Prem clubs be able to negotiate their own contracts - it’s already a hard job for a lot of clubs to compete why make it worse.

I don't really mean it like that, I'm just saying the top 6 could threaten to walk unless they get the deal they want and to be honest in this day and age of global audiences for the top Prem teams its is crazy that someone overseas can see more live matches than someone in the home country of the team. The old argument used to be that if you televised Saturday games then you'd get no one going to the match but attendances for televised games is just as large, ie the argument is silly.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #141: Jan 07, 2019 06:07:43 pm
      can we please try and win the FA cup
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #142: Jan 07, 2019 06:08:48 pm

All clubs would still divide the bulk of the money as now but in addition the club channel or website can also broadcast the Saturday matches, of course this will favour the bigger clubs but then so does merchandising and advertising deals etc.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #143: Jan 07, 2019 06:09:28 pm
      can we please try and win the FA cup

Would be nice but given the choice I much prefer the league
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #144: Jan 07, 2019 06:10:08 pm
      Sorry but no - every game shouldn’t be televised , got to protect the fans in the stadium

How about if the money they make from PPV of Saturdays matches goes towards lowering ticket prices a bit, would that make you happy?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #145: Jan 07, 2019 06:11:40 pm
      I don't really mean it like that, I'm just saying the top 6 could threaten to walk unless they get the deal they want and to be honest in this day and age of global audiences for the top Prem teams its is crazy that someone overseas can see more live matches than someone in the home country of the team. The old argument used to be that if you televised Saturday games then you'd get no one going to the match but attendances for televised games is just as large, ie the argument is silly.

Sorry but the top 6 come under the rules of the whole Prem - they don’t have the power and those people pay for those matches overseas and the club get a lot of money for them and you are just focusing on the big clubs - not every match is a sell out.

Your attitude is typical of the sky modern day football fan

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #146: Jan 07, 2019 06:14:08 pm
      How about if the money they make from PPV of Saturdays matches goes towards lowering ticket prices a bit, would that make you happy?

You miss the point by a considerable distance and as I suspect you don’t go to games I suspect you will never understand the point
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #147: Jan 07, 2019 06:20:11 pm

I'm not sure what you are insinuating here about "protecting the fans"?

99.9% of the time there is a stream from some broadcast for our games, which means that basically all of our games are ALREADY televised, and I think all Harry is saying is why can't we come up with a way to buy a package that would allow us to watch them all through the same service as opposed to having to hunt down a good stream every week.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #148: Jan 07, 2019 06:32:08 pm
      Gutted this isn't being shown in Australia. F***ing cu*ts!

f***in right,  you bloody convicts want everything,  sending you lot to a colony is supposed to be punishment,  suck it up buttercup, it could be worse, you could be a Manc, them fuckers are proper suffering, thank F**k 😉😁

Can't you stream it ?

YNWA
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Pre Match: Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7th Jan 19:45KO
      Reply #149: Jan 07, 2019 06:36:34 pm
      Line up is out lets rage!!! ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #150: Jan 07, 2019 06:37:36 pm
      I'm not sure what you are insinuating here about "protecting the fans"?

99.9% of the time there is a stream from some broadcast for our games, which means that basically all of our games are ALREADY televised, and I think all Harry is saying is why can't we come up with a way to buy a package that would allow us to watch them all through the same service as opposed to having to hunt down a good stream every week.

In the UK they aren’t and anyone who does watch them is doing so illegally

Quick Reply