Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

January News Stories, 2019

Read 488 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Re: January News Stories
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2019 10:25:02 pm
      Yeah, all the hunger, disease and civil unrest in Venezuela...all a big laugh innit.

Bought on by American sanctions.. read the UN report..

Country with the largest oil reserves should not find itself in the position they do..

Oh and the UK won’t return Venezuelan gold worth $1.2 billion.. why?

https://twitter.com/pablonav1/status/1089607558422323200?s=21
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019 12:00:02 am by Shabs »
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,033 posts | 669 
      Reply #51: Jan 28, 2019 12:20:20 pm
      Don't say that it might improve the sales figures of that lying rag we all despise.
      F**k that stuey would sooner wipe me arse with a belt sander mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #52: Jan 28, 2019 10:10:28 pm
      https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1089617028204425216

Since it was Holocaust Memorial Day yesterday, maybe worth getting such delinquents to listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9BLKZENbc
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #53: Jan 29, 2019 01:15:58 pm
      Yeah, all the hunger, disease and civil unrest in Venezuela...all a big laugh innit.

No and I recognise the hardship the Venezuelan people are going thru.That's why I raised the subject in the first place. A lot of the economic problems are due to sanctions imposed by Trump and pressure applied to other countries in the region not to cut deals with Venezuela.

Plus the lower oil prices have impacted on the Venezuelan economy. Corruption and incompetent economic policy no doubt play a part. The rights of any sovereign Country to self determine their own destiny and future must be respected. For the US and the rest to recognise the unelected Guaido will only deepen divisions and lead to further unrest.

The US policies with regard to South America are self serving and very often cause divisions.Even more so with a maverick like Trump in charge.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019 01:59:47 pm by Harrisimo »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #54: Jan 29, 2019 01:58:20 pm
      Bought on by American sanctions.. read the UN report..

Country with the largest oil reserves should not find itself in the position they do..

Oh and the UK won’t return Venezuelan gold worth $1.2 billion.. why?

https://twitter.com/pablonav1/status/1089607558422323200?s=21

It's far worse than just the sanctions.
      Read about how the US forces Venezuela to ship oil to the US for refining, then it gets shipped back to Venezuela, before being sold to the US for less than the refining and repeated trips have cost them.

It's f**king scandalous that this behaviour is tolerated.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #55: Jan 29, 2019 02:13:56 pm
      Read about how the US forces Venezuela to ship oil to the US for refining, then it gets shipped back to Venezuela, before being sold to the US for less than the refining and repeated trips have cost them.

Effectively organised and "legalised" corruption and malfeasance in office by this US administration.Del boy would say..Heads I win tails you lose.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #56: Jan 29, 2019 02:24:24 pm

Effectively organised and "legalised" corruption and malfeasance in office by this US administration.Del boy would say..Heads I win tails you lose.

Always 710 reasons to invade..

https://twitter.com/hovcampaign/status/1090198399754883072?s=21

https://twitter.com/benjaminnorton/status/1089972893839167495?s=21
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019 02:35:12 pm by Shabs »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #57: Jan 29, 2019 02:47:23 pm

It's been going on since the 1950's, yet people always lap it up about them being "the good guys"
      My arse they are.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #58: Jan 29, 2019 03:11:53 pm
      The chap is on the money..& the rest of the panel..

Only good to come out of Davos..

https://twitter.com/muslimiq/status/1090242188548689921?s=21
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #59: Jan 29, 2019 03:22:31 pm
      https://apnews.com/5a01807c480746689e1ff90991220b17. Could this be trumps falklands war? secure an oil supply, stick it to the arabs USA USA.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #60: Jan 29, 2019 03:31:36 pm
      https://apnews.com/5a01807c480746689e1ff90991220b17. Could this be trumps falklands war? secure an oil supply, stick it to the arabs USA USA.

Like Saudi, the despotic regime, absolute monarchy and the worlds biggest exporters of terrorism, who they have protected since the 1950's because of the treaty they signed to ensure they got oil?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #61: Jan 29, 2019 03:41:40 pm

Trumps Falkands..? American ain’t won in Afghanistan yet let alone the other theatres of war itinvioved in. & do you really think Venezuelans are going to allow an invasion?.. that Gaudio or whatever his name is has played a very dangerous card..one he’ll regret..

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #62: Jan 29, 2019 03:43:44 pm
      Like Saudi, the despotic regime, absolute monarchy and the worlds biggest exporters of terrorism, who they have protected since the 1950's because of the treaty they signed to ensure they got oil?

The Monarchies are coming to an end..the only surviving dynasty I see is the Hashemite kingdom in Jordan..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #63: Jan 29, 2019 03:56:19 pm

That'll be the same "delinquents" who wish to destroy Israel.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #64: Jan 29, 2019 04:14:51 pm
      That'll be the same "delinquents" who wish to destroy Israel.

Well all the facist European countries support Israel but have a hatred of Jews ... ironic I know..Get them out of Europe once and for all, let support a place called Israel..

If I were Jewish I’d be afraid of what the right wing Christian evangelicals wish to see...all Jews gathered in one place and destroyed for the rapture...

Unless your alluding to ‘Muslims’ again.. 🙄
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #65: Jan 29, 2019 06:08:34 pm
      The Monarchies are coming to an end..the only surviving dynasty I see is the Hashemite kingdom in Jordan..

We can hope, and include the monarchy in this country, the source and cover for so much corruption.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Jan 29, 2019 06:37:37 pm
      No and I recognise the hardship the Venezuelan people are going thru.That's why I raised the subject in the first place. A lot of the economic problems are due to sanctions imposed by Trump and pressure applied to other countries in the region not to cut deals with Venezuela.

Plus the lower oil prices have impacted on the Venezuelan economy. Corruption and incompetent economic policy no doubt play a part. The rights of any sovereign Country to self determine their own destiny and future must be respected. For the US and the rest to recognise the unelected Guaido will only deepen divisions and lead to further unrest.

The US policies with regard to South America are self serving and very often cause divisions.Even more so with a maverick like Trump in charge.

No one can honestly sit here and say that a Presidency in Venezuela that has continually stripped and curbed the powers of parliament, loaded the highest court in the land with corrupt loyalists and has indulged in some of the worst human rights abuses this decade, is somehow an 'innocent' party in all of this. Amnesty's own website has an extended list of all the abuses taking place there including but not limited to arbitrary arrests, torture, police brutality illegal detention, losses to a right of food and health care for certain sections of society and attacks and threats to trans people.

But I get you and the US threatening intervention on behalf of the opposition risks destroying all the institutions within Venezuela that would need to be present in order to get the country to prosper economically and politically once more. And the Presidency of the US has absolutely no moral or political right to claim support to the opposition given Trump's own corrupt and treasonous ways by which he entered the White House. That man, and with it the whole of the US, has no credibility or legitimacy in political terms at this moment. Nor does the UK, given our own government's suicidal and glee ridden fixation with Brexit (which, like the US vote in 2016 was also corrupted and infiltrated by illegal means).
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #67: Jan 29, 2019 07:18:34 pm
      No one can honestly sit here and say that a Presidency in Venezuela that has continually stripped and curbed the powers of parliament, loaded the highest court in the land with corrupt loyalists and has indulged in some of the worst human rights abuses this decade, is somehow an 'innocent' party in all of this. Amnesty's own website has an extended list of all the abuses taking place there including but not limited to arbitrary arrests, torture, police brutality illegal detention, losses to a right of food and health care for certain sections of society and attacks and threats to trans people.

But I get you and the US threatening intervention on behalf of the opposition risks destroying all the institutions within Venezuela that would need to be present in order to get the country to prosper economically and politically once more. And the Presidency of the US has absolutely no moral or political right to claim support to the opposition given Trump's own corrupt and treasonous ways by which he entered the White House. That man, and with it the whole of the US, has no credibility or legitimacy in political terms at this moment. Nor does the UK, given our own government's suicidal and glee ridden fixation with Brexit (which, like the US vote in 2016 was also corrupted and infiltrated by illegal means).

https://twitter.com/mikeprysner/status/1088707898585186304?s=21
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #68: Jan 29, 2019 07:46:26 pm
      Well all the facist European countries support Israel but have a hatred of Jews ... ironic I know..Get them out of Europe once and for all, let support a place called Israel..

If I were Jewish I’d be afraid of what the right wing Christian evangelicals wish to see...all Jews gathered in one place and destroyed for the rapture...

Unless your alluding to ‘Muslims’ again.. 🙄

No mention of Muslims, ironically enough it is you who makes mention of them more than most, typical example above.

Quick Reply