Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33505 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Jan 07, 2019 11:02:34 pm
      Doesn't matter which team you play if you lose it will always always affect your next game. Klopp just inviting trouble.
      Nice to see you agreeing with yourself.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #806: Jan 07, 2019 11:03:30 pm
      Going on that tonight if we manage somehow to get 15 million for Origi I think we,ll get prosecuted under the trade descriptions act easy to see why he’s not a starter .
      I thought he was MOTM today for us.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #807: Jan 07, 2019 11:09:41 pm
      ok sorry, I thought if we used Alisson we would have won today 2-0.
      His distributions and saves are the core of this team.
      Klopps a smart guy, he wanted out so he picked Mignolet.

Right, thanks Rib, that is so much more interesting.  I thought we sent a team out that didn't believe in itself or have any idea how it was meant to operate.  Not sure Alisson would have saved either goal, but you never know. 
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #808: Jan 07, 2019 11:12:06 pm

Now I know you are a WUM or on crack cocaine
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #809: Jan 07, 2019 11:12:33 pm
      I suppose your actually serious
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #810: Jan 07, 2019 11:14:18 pm
      Thought Origi had our better chances even without including the goal.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #811: Jan 07, 2019 11:14:54 pm

Origi?  On his 2nd half performance I'd say that's a fair shout.  On the game as a whole, I'd have to disagree.  Few other candidates though, to be sure.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #812: Jan 07, 2019 11:14:55 pm
      Milner was so poor today but I couldn't say he let us down. As ever he tried his absolute best and at times was attempting to do the jobs of 3 or 4 even if they wanted him to or not.

He sank with his ship and showed again this qualities even at his worst.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #813: Jan 07, 2019 11:15:23 pm
      Ultimately we lost because:

1) The fans don't really care about the FA Cup
      2) The manager clearly doesn't care
      3) The players clearly don't care

Hoever looks boss, no more Migs, no more Moreno.

Let's go win the league. Goodnight.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #814: Jan 07, 2019 11:16:55 pm
      Milner was so poor today but I couldn't say he let us down. As ever he tried his absolute best and at times was attempting to do the jobs of 3 or 4 even if they wanted him to or not.

He sank with his ship and showed again this qualities even at his worst.

It will be interesting to see where he goes from here and how much he plays. He is probably the fittest 33 year old in the league but the physical wheels can fall off at any time.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #815: Jan 07, 2019 11:17:01 pm
      Ok just this once did u actually watch the game ? Or did someone tell you he scored because like a few others tonight he was awfull not only that he’s slow and fckin lazy .
      Eithar that or he’s not as fit as he should be I’ll watch it back tomorrow and make a second opinion doubt it will change I know what I’ve watched tonight
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #816: Jan 07, 2019 11:18:21 pm

Yes, let's!  Amen.  Goodnight fella! 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #817: Jan 07, 2019 11:19:52 pm
      Ok just this once did u actually watch the game ? Or did someone tell you he scored because like a few others tonight he was awfull not only that he’s slow and fckin lazy .

Your right he was awful, he tried but he just isn’t good enough as a back up striker.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #818: Jan 07, 2019 11:21:21 pm
      Positives, hopefully we wil not see Moreno and Mignolet again in our shirt!   The kid look good.  Wolves finally figured it out just shoot at mignolet. 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #819: Jan 07, 2019 11:22:20 pm

Which fans don’t care ? I’m interested to know because there were thousands in that ground tonight who most certainly did give a Fck .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #820: Jan 07, 2019 11:23:27 pm

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #821: Jan 07, 2019 11:24:59 pm
      Your right he was awful, he tried but he just isn’t good enough as a back up striker.

Nothing against the lad but as you said I just don’t think he’s good enough for the level we’re aiming at .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #822: Jan 07, 2019 11:25:22 pm
      Really disjointed performance.
      No cohesion, no threat.
      Disappointing.

Hoever, what a lad.

The rest?
      Not on it.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #823: Jan 07, 2019 11:34:47 pm
      We would have won if we had Alisson in goal. Simple as that. People saying it would be risky to play him baffle me.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #824: Jan 07, 2019 11:36:15 pm
      Great thing of this game is we very likely certain having a real gem in Ki-Jana Hoever. I even think it worthwhile he has chance to emerge in expense of Loven injury (as I'm all for Klopp bring in new reliable experienced quality defender this month instead of totally relied on fragile Matip and Lovren).

Worst thing is Sturridge. His zero effort is really negative thing we have in this team and I never believe that will not affect the team mentality. It's a shame really he's waste of his talent.

I'm disappointed of this exit because I want to see our youngsters play and develop more. Anyway the bright side is less risk of injury to our key players that boost our long waited title winning chance. COYR :scarf:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #825: Jan 07, 2019 11:37:02 pm
      Was just going to post similar  Walt.

One thing tonight has shown me is that we're still a fair bit away from having a squad to compete for four competitions a season.

We've a real quality 15 or so players but after that I'm not so sure.

We could let Danny, Lallana, Moreno, Origi and Mignolet go this window and would we really be any worse off?

I'm not sure we would,

Thing is, you could put the likes of Danny, Lallana, Milner and Shaq in a line up surrounded by our best players and they’d perform (highly, usually). Ask them to be the leaders and they go missing.

They’re not bad players, well worthy of being in our squad. But lacking that consistency and quality to do it weekly.

May seem harsh to include Milly in that but he comes to life when he’s allowed to play his game, not when he has to hold everything together and boss the middle of the park.

Still got faith in those lads to be a part of our squad, but like most I’m done with Migs and Moreno. No faith at all in them regardless of who is around them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #826: Jan 07, 2019 11:40:18 pm
      Also worth noting, that Wolves team they put out was almost identical to the ones who beat Spurs and Chelsea and got a draw against City, Arsenal and ManU. Our makeshift reserves played sh*te and nearly got something from them.

We’re a good squad.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #827: Jan 07, 2019 11:43:45 pm
      Anyway the bright side is less risk of injury to our key players that boost our long waited title winning chance. COYR

Lovren got injured after 6 minutes dude.

Quick Reply