Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34567 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Jan 07, 2019 11:46:22 pm
      Lovren got injured after 6 minutes dude.

Hope it's not anything more than a knock.

His injury is a bigger negative than going out for me.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #829: Jan 07, 2019 11:48:05 pm
      Lovren got injured after 6 minutes dude.

I saw that mate. I said we exit then no anymore chance injury to other key players in this cup.

Any update on Lovren injury yet anyone ?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #830: Jan 07, 2019 11:48:06 pm
      Milners finished
      Sturridge was totally useless
      Moreno was, and is, a liability
      Lovren must've thought "F**k this, I'm outa here'
      Even Jürgen didn't look interested on the touchline.

Felt sorry for all those supporters who travelled down there tonight and paid good money to watch that pile of sh*te !

We HAVE to smash Brighton at least 5-0 on Saturday...... No excuses !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #831: Jan 07, 2019 11:49:13 pm
      I saw that mate. I said we exit then no anymore chance injury to other key players in this cup.

Any update on Lovren injury yet anyone ?

Hamstring.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #832: Jan 07, 2019 11:58:13 pm
      Perhaps a bit of a F**k you to the away fans from Jürgen by fielding that team but at least we all now know that he doesn't give a sh*t about the domestic cups.
      Personally I'm not that bothered as we now have no distractions from the league, hopefully Citeh win the Fa cup, along with league Cup and lose in the CL final.
      I wonder if Jürgen will field a weak team against Bayern as well, would be good to get knocked out of that one as well, surely?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #833: Jan 07, 2019 11:59:54 pm
      Only in my eyes , but we cannot put kids in enblock, we might as well as put the U21's there,but the older guys just do not know how to adjust with such changes. I am old enough to see Cara and Gerrard come in etc, even the captian of Wolves tonight Cody. When thigs are going right, introduce them, but one at a time.
      The younguns did not disappiont tonight, but they are playing under orders so the last thing they need is to be under pressure and think they let us down
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #834: Jan 08, 2019 12:00:02 am
      Milners finished

Felt sorry for all those supporters who travelled down there tonight and paid good money to watch that pile of sh*te !

Well I hope we do beat Brighton because I feel like a lot of momentum has been lost now, hope we can pick it up again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #835: Jan 08, 2019 12:02:18 am
      Only in my eyes , but we cannot put kids in enblock, we might as well as put the U21's there,but the older guys just do not know how to adjust with such changes. I am old enough to see Cara and Gerrard come in etc, even the captian of Wolves tonight Cody. When thigs are going right, introduce them, but one at a time.
      The younguns did not disappiont tonight, but they are playing under orders so the last thing they need is to be under pressure and think they let us down

Exactly Klopp did no one any favours with that selection, the seniors are probably annoyed, the juniors disheartened and us fans disspointed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #836: Jan 08, 2019 12:03:32 am
      Perhaps a bit of a F**k you to the away fans from Jürgen by fielding that team

If anyone travelled to the game expecting anything different then they're idiots.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #837: Jan 08, 2019 12:06:26 am
      Exactly Klopp did no one any favours with that selection, the seniors are probably annoyed, the juniors disheartened and us fans disspointed.

We've lost Lovren to injury by playing him tonight.

If you're fine with the same possibly having happened to Van Dijk, Salah, Robertson, Firmino then you're a fool.

I'm disappointed to go out of the cup but I'll get over it.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #838: Jan 08, 2019 12:13:19 am
      a few months out then
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #839: Jan 08, 2019 12:17:01 am
      I hate the FA cup 3rd round games, now.  Never thought I'd say that but it's got to be a hiding-to-nothing in the players' heads.  I used to love the FA cup.

I mean, imagine it. You're Daniel Sturridge.

You practise day in day out and only get near the bench if you're lucky now and again.  Then you get picked for this game, among 8 ressies and a couple of kids.  You're away, up against a tough, talented, aggressive team who really want to win; and the team selection you're in tells you that your boss isn't really that bothered (or he'd have picked the first XI).  You know you need to impress, and here's your chance, but you also know that come next Saturday and the next PL or CL game, you'll be overlooked regardless. 
      If you're Daniel's age and you've been as near to glory as he has, it must be hard to be 100% committed, unless your character is made of pure steel.  I'd criticise his performance tonight, but all through the game, this is what I was thinking. 
      I love Sturridge, I really do, for the player he was and the person he has shown himself to be, but I felt for him out there.  It's like he's not with us anymore.  The way he walked off, I wonder if he wants to be?

This is spot on. Although I would go further and suggest that Sturridge simply did not get an opportunity today, because of the team selection. Even Salah struggled - despite his form, game time, and the whole formation improving after his introduction.

Klopp has yet again ruined Sturridge.

In pre-season he was flying. He continued that into the season with a bang! First game, first chance, goal. He then got rewarded with a solitary minute of game time in the next match. After that.. 10 minutes.. and after that.. he got benched for a full match. He came off the bench to grab 7 minutes of game time vs Spurs, and then followed that up with a goal against PSG in a match that he started in! His first start of the season!!

Throughout this time of course, he was on better form than Firmino, and the goal:minutes stats proved it.

After scoring against PSG, he was duly benched again, but was given another chance the game after that with a 2nd start of the season against Chelsea in the League Cup. He scored!! But was rewarded by having to sit on the bench again for most of the next match against Chelsea only days later. Fortunately, Klopp did give him 4 minutes though.. and he scored!!! Saving us from our 1st defeat of the season.

After that, a bit part role. He got benched a lot, grabbed a few minutes here and there, and was granted 2 full matches against minor opposition.

The lad was on form. He scored when provided the chances.. but slowly and assuredly Klopp gave him less opportunities, even after scoring important goals.

He's only played 25 minutes of football since 8th December 2018 (across the 6 games since) and now he's given a chance in a side with a completely disjointed lineup. Really? What was he going to do with that? Can anyone remember him missing a chance? Can anyone remember him being given a chance? I missed 5 minutes of the game.. but unless it all happened in those 5 minutes.. I saw nothing of the sort.

He hardly got the ball. His touch map would be appalling. He constantly had to come to the middle of the pitch (like Origi) to get anywhere near the ball. In that position, all he could do was attempt to hold up the ball, pass, or draw a foul. He's a Striker who plays on the shoulder of the last defender. Tonight, he couldn't do that. He's not the run around Firmino type or the Salah running down the wing type. He's a proper Striker.. but not given a Striker's chance. 

If his head did drop.. can we really blame him?

What was his support? Shaqiri (bad game), Keita (bad game), Milner (bad game), Jones (debut, not much happening)..

But yeah, blame the Strikers.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #840: Jan 08, 2019 12:18:10 am

Weeks more like
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #841: Jan 08, 2019 12:25:07 am

Seniors have only themselves to be annoyed at.

The kids can be proud they played for LFC and let no one down.

The fans can be disappointed to have lost but not to the point of losing sight at the overall picture and what a superb effort the group of players and manager have shown so far.

Plenty of diapers need to be exchanged for big boy pants in here.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #842: Jan 08, 2019 12:26:46 am
      Seniors have only themselves to be annoyed at.

Indeed and a few seniors played tonight as if they know full well they have no real future at the club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #843: Jan 08, 2019 12:34:36 am
      Well as a result we now have a week off in Jan and a week off in Feb, meaning a whole week to prepare for the first game vs Bayern, instead of a few days. (I think)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #844: Jan 08, 2019 12:43:55 am
      I did not write the dictionary, isn't my fault.

No but being a first class prat is. Definitions from the dictionary aren't needed when everyone knows exactly what the treble means.
       Why do you even bother making an agenda out of this, i'm sure you know as well as anyone else.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #845: Jan 08, 2019 12:49:28 am
      The league cup is not the real domestic cup, it's the FA-Cup. You are just dumb not knowing about the treble. It's like if somebody is as dumb as not knowing offside or hattrick. You suck man, no news though.

This is DEFINITELY A MANC.!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #846: Jan 08, 2019 12:49:29 am

It is Lovren so add a couple on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #847: Jan 08, 2019 12:56:27 am
      How can Jürgen possibly trust the likes of Daniel now if he is needed for a game like Bayern he has let himself down. Daniel has many fans here me included we have stood by him through all his problems but you cannot condone a poor attitude he was dreadful tonight

After Daniels last game, which was also a really poor performance by his standards, I said then, thats probably the last game he'll play for us. Given another chance tonight, and tossed it aside.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #848: Jan 08, 2019 01:40:03 am
      I hate the FA cup 3rd round games, now.  Never thought I'd say that but it's got to be a hiding-to-nothing in the players' heads.  I used to love the FA cup.

I mean, imagine it. You're Daniel Sturridge.

You practise day in day out and only get near the bench if you're lucky now and again.  Then you get picked for this game, among 8 ressies and a couple of kids.  You're away, up against a tough, talented, aggressive team who really want to win; and the team selection you're in tells you that your boss isn't really that bothered (or he'd have picked the first XI).  You know you need to impress, and here's your chance, but you also know that come next Saturday and the next PL or CL game, you'll be overlooked regardless. 
      If you're Daniel's age and you've been as near to glory as he has, it must be hard to be 100% committed, unless your character is made of pure steel.  I'd criticise his performance tonight, but all through the game, this is what I was thinking. 
      I love Sturridge, I really do, for the player he was and the person he has shown himself to be, but I felt for him out there.  It's like he's not with us anymore.  The way he walked off, I wonder if he wants to be?

I believed now you really love Sturridge :D

I think Danny really know what his fortune is in this team since Klopp come in. If Danny do care for his football career he should leave like Klavan or recently Clyne, he didn't, he like money more than football.

Just see the effort for the team Firmino did in 23 minutes, that almost already more than Sturridge's effort throughout his career at Liverpool. Of course they are different kind of player and Sturridge scored a goal vs Chelsea and my analogy is just a joke but he's not give enough to the team, and last game his one of the worst I see from him.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #849: Jan 08, 2019 01:53:44 am
      Milners finished

Milner looked dead beat before the match had kicked off.In my opinion the fault lay with Jürgen selecting too many young lads fort his match.
       I agree nothing less than a decisive win against Brighton is required to put the confidence back in the team.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #850: Jan 08, 2019 02:06:50 am
      Dejan got a vote.

Dadorious on tonight? ;D
      Nah mate wasn’t me I promise ;D.

Quick Reply