Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32760 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: Jan 08, 2019 01:12:36 pm
      I know it's no possible but if no one injure I think the line up could look like this :

Migs
            TAA      Lovren          Matip     Moreno

Hendo      Fabinho     
                                Lallana
             Shaq                                    Ox
                               Sturridge

This team more than capable to beat last night Wolves team.

That's why I think Klopp has no choice as he surely priority for the 19th.   

Why do you say that team is more than capable of beating Wolves when our first team only managed 2-0 a few weeks ago and that 2-0 was rather flattering on us, it was by no means a comfortable win? Its arrogance and complacency liek this which might be our downfall, I hope its not shared by Klopp but judging by his team selection perhaps it is OR he just threw the game, which is more likely.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #921: Jan 08, 2019 01:12:58 pm
      I think it's a case of choosing your battles, Jürgen knows this. We don't have a squad to compete for every single trophy this year, simple as that.

The Premier League supersedes everything this year for me. I'd rather we stay fresh for the CL and Premier League than focus on what is now regarded as lesser successes in the FA and League Cup (which is now the case obviously). However, evidently some people wanted us to win everything, which is unrealistic.

It's all about perspective; if we were fighting for a top four finish and Jürgen fielded the side he did last night, I'd be pretty pissed off too. 
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #922: Jan 08, 2019 01:19:18 pm
      Feck me!

All this talk about trebles and we have not won a trophy for 6 years!  Lets win something before we start arguing about how many we want in a season.

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #923: Jan 08, 2019 01:21:33 pm
      Why do you say that team is more than capable of beating Wolves when our first team only managed 2-0 a few weeks ago and that 2-0 was rather flattering on us, it was by no means a comfortable win? Its arrogance and complacency liek this which might be our downfall, I hope its not shared by Klopp but judging by his team selection perhaps it is OR he just threw the game, which is more likely.

Why are you trying to downplay our result against Wolves in the league ? Wolves have beaten - Spurs , Chelsea and took points away from City and Utd - it was a very good result

And then suggesting the manager threw the game ?! Why the heck do trolls like you infect ever match thread going , you were like this on previous forums from what I can remember.

Prob never been to a game in your life and sit there watching streams - no use to the club
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #924: Jan 08, 2019 01:22:11 pm
      Lets hope the youngsters don't lose any confidence due to this, i am sure they would have been better in a more suitable game.

Fabinho has a good performance out of position.  He is quality.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #925: Jan 08, 2019 01:22:54 pm
      As much as I want to get on the rage wagon, I'm still pissed off at the draw.

How we ended up with Wolves and Chelsea in the cups takes the piss, especially as our squad is still thin when injuries hit.

Just one of those, sadly. Win at Brighton and no one will remember this :)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #926: Jan 08, 2019 01:24:48 pm
      As much as I want to get on the rage wagon, I'm still pissed off at the draw.

How we ended up with Wolves and Chelsea in the cups takes the piss, especially as our squad is still thin when injuries hit.

Just one of those, sadly. Win at Brighton and no one will remember this :)

Someone warmed up our balls  :nod:
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #927: Jan 08, 2019 01:27:04 pm

Because no guarantee in football.
      In recent league game we won against them maybe not so comfortable but by that logic their full team last night should completely destroy us but no they didn't.
      I say the team I posted is more than capable of beating them not means it guarantee we beat them.
      No arrogance or complacency and I believe Klopp also not over confidence the team last night will win but he have no choice.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #928: Jan 08, 2019 02:16:37 pm

Had a night to think over this...

I have to mainly put the blame for this lost at Klopp's door... Why...?

Fri 21st Dec... We squeezed past Wolves, 0-2 fielding an almost complete starting 11 team (can argue over midfield) 

Alisson, Milner,Virgil van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Firmino, Henderson, Mané, Salah

That was one of our strongest teams and it was a hard fought 0-2...  Last night he makes nine changes to the starting line...? Nine  changes..?

Now apart from staying in the premier league what is Wolves only realistic gold...? The League cup... Out of that.
      The FA Cup. Wolves are  in 9th place in the table on 29 points, that's 13 point off 3rd from bottom...

What made Klopp think that nine changes against a Wolves side we fought hard to beat, and would be fully committed to try and win this cup tie would not field a near, or full strength team...? It is almost unfathomable to believe that Wolves would do other wise. This was poor Judgement on Jürgen's part...

Some may say that it means we could concentrate fully on the CL and Title but there are two reasons that I feel supporters should be upset with this... CL success is by no means guaranteed, (especially now that we could be playing the first leg with none of first team CB) THE other reason being in the League and FA cups we should be able to play one or three young players and a mixture of first team starters and those player on the bench... That is important for the squad as a whole, giving the youth first team experience and integrating them in to the starting squad. It is also important in the revenue and prestige department as well as a back door into European competition....

With the injury to Lovren (Hamstring) we are now looking at one centre back (VVD) fit to start vs. Brighton this weekend...
      Unless we bring in a CB (Buy or Loan) this could be where we start to lose the race for the Title as well as the final 16 CL draw...

Should we lose the title race because Klopp refused to buy/Loan a CB when one was clearly needed, for me, that would be a step too far and I could no longer support Klopp.

I have already written off the game against Bayern given our current predicament. There is absolutely no guarantee that Gomez or Matip will be back for this game, or even fit to start, or be on the bench... By then we could even be 3rd or 4th in the table. With what we have to lose it is, for me at least inconceivable that LFC and Klopp are not looking at bring in a CB

Re what you said the cup should be re starting lineups ,mix of starters and bench and 1-3 youth. That's exactly what he did. Jones and camacho the youth. Fabinho, Milner Shaq and Lovren the starters - Origi, Sturridge, migs moreno,  and Keita the bench.

Also, Gomez and Matip about to return to training.  Last night's game has no impact on anything but the cup and having fresher players for Brighton.

EDIT: Ugh auto-correct origial/Origi
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2019 03:20:28 pm by Robby The Z »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #929: Jan 08, 2019 02:31:49 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #930: Jan 08, 2019 03:35:41 pm
      Seeing the same posts from the same people who don't actually have any input or discuss football, their purpose is to come on here and attack anybody who says something they might not like or agree with.

Ok, so you can be happy that we played a sh*t side, and you can be happy that we're no longer in the cup. That's something I don't agree with but I won't go out and attack all of you.

What I will ask though is, if we don't actually win the league or we don't win the European cup, are you going to come back to this game in May and discuss it?

And one last thing. If you don't care about the fa cup how about you don't watch the game then, get out the thread and stop talking about it and leave it to reds who actually do.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #931: Jan 08, 2019 03:38:54 pm
      Feck me!

All this talk about trebles and we have not won a trophy for 6 years!  Lets win something before we start arguing about how many we want in a season.

YNWA

Some c**t talking sh*t about Liverpool fc mate,derails thread.in a post game shitshow.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #932: Jan 08, 2019 04:27:56 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #933: Jan 08, 2019 04:31:04 pm
      Re what you said the cup should be re starting lineups ,mix of starters and bench and 1-3 youth. That's exactly what he did. Jones and camacho the youth. Fabinho, Milner Shaq and Lovren the starters - Origi, Sturridge, migs moreno,  and Keita the bench.

Also, Gomez and Matip about to return to training.  Last night's game has no impact on anything but the cup and having fresher players for Brighton.

EDIT: Ugh auto-correct origial/Origi

Thank you Robby, so he did  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #934: Jan 08, 2019 04:43:51 pm
      Not arsed about last night's result, soon as seen team sheet knew it would end up in defeat. The injury to Lovren summed up why Klopp was right to make changes.
      Good goal from Origi, Shaqiri unlucky from that free kick.

At least the defeat has probably seen the end of Moreno, Mignolet & Sturridge as Liverpool players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #935: Jan 08, 2019 04:46:01 pm
      Why are you trying to downplay our result against Wolves in the league ? Wolves have beaten - Spurs , Chelsea and took points away from City and Utd - it was a very good result

And then suggesting the manager threw the game ?! Why the heck do trolls like you infect ever match thread going , you were like this on previous forums from what I can remember.

Prob never been to a game in your life and sit there watching streams - no use to the club

;D, another bully boy, which means a scared insecure little child. You started off quite well with some interesting questions then descended into personal abuse again, tut tut why can you not try to hold a civil conversation, you might find it less frustrating?

Anyway I am not disrespecting our achievements, I am over the moon with our league position and still think we have a very good chance of winning it, but the game against Wolves was far from comfortable, even with our main starting XI, so why would Klopp think that that abomination of a team he put out on the pitch yesterday would have any chance at all? Was Klopp perhaps expecting Wolves to rotate as much as he did or did he genuinely not give a sh*t about winning the match, its a fair question which I'd like you to answer please?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #936: Jan 08, 2019 04:48:18 pm
      Because no guarantee in football.
      In recent league game we won against them maybe not so comfortable but by that logic their full team last night should completely destroy us but no they didn't.
      I say the team I posted is more than capable of beating them not means it guarantee we beat them.
      No arrogance or complacency and I believe Klopp also not over confidence the team last night will win but he have no choice.

Yes it was a weird performance from Wolves, I think they paid us way to much respect in that match, if they'd attacked like they are capable of then its could have been a slaughter, thank God they were as confused with the team selection as I was.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #937: Jan 08, 2019 04:57:18 pm
      just listened to Talk sport with Adrian Dumbass. He is as usual talking complete bollox comparing last night to Shankly's era when the FA Cup actually was a worthy Competition with its own European Competition but it means nothing now and as frustrating as last night was it also was a clear indication of why some players haven't been worth a place. the saddest thing is seeing Daniel just mope about the place without caring .
      Jürgen will be fully focused on Brighton now so we can let those who were so offended by the result continue with their intellectual debating.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #938: Jan 08, 2019 05:08:18 pm
      On reflection, I think it was a good result.  We lost 2-1 to a good premiership side.   The thing is reflecting on the team sheet,  what were we expecting with Mignolet, Moreno and Lovren in one team it was like de ja vous.   These are the key components of our disastrous defence.  They have only one thing on common they are consistent in making mistakes  and putting pressure on the entire defense of the team.

For me I would have had 2 out of the 3 centre halves apart from VVD.   And then Milner at left back and a youngster at RB with Alison at the back.  But we were seriously short at centre back.  So the whole defence was all a make shift. 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #939: Jan 08, 2019 05:42:42 pm
      just listened to Talk sport with Adrian Dumbass. He is as usual talking complete bollox comparing last night to Shankly's era when the FA Cup actually was a worthy Competition with its own European Competition but it means nothing now and as frustrating as last night was it also was a clear indication of why some players haven't been worth a place. the saddest thing is seeing Daniel just mope about the place without caring .
      Jürgen will be fully focused on Brighton now so we can let those who were so offended by the result continue with their intellectual debating.

I was about to say finally, a post from you that's actually relevant and something worthy of being included and then you ruin it all with that last line.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #940: Jan 08, 2019 05:54:47 pm
      Maybe so but I’d rather take in the views of the regular match going fans than the arm chair brigade .
      That’s not aimed at you btw

I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read to be honest.

People live far away, people can't afford to travel and buy the ticket and book accommodation etc. I don't think that's the best idea to only take the views of people based purely on the location or financial luxuries they have. They don't know more about football because of that and their opinion doesn't deserve to be taken more seriously.

I've sat beside morons watching us play, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I've got very knowledgable mates who've never seen us play, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on that too.

Doesn't add up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #941: Jan 08, 2019 05:56:51 pm
      I was about to say finally, a post from you that's actually relevant and something worthy of being included and then you ruin it all with that last line.
      Believe me not having your support for any of my posts is a blessing I don't think I could live with myself if I had any alignment with your views
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #942: Jan 08, 2019 06:09:52 pm
      I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read to be honest.

People live far away, people can't afford to travel and buy the ticket and book accommodation etc. I don't think that's the best idea to only take the views of people based purely on the location or financial luxuries they have. They don't know more about football because of that and their opinion doesn't deserve to be taken more seriously.

I've sat beside morons watching us play, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I've got very knowledgable mates who've never seen us play, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on that too.

Doesn't add up.

Yep.
      In my experience going to the match means little apart from being able to see more in a "bigger picture" kind of way.

The times years ago when I managed to get Kop tickets, half the lads were more interested in acting the sh*te, because they were pissed before they went in, and then spent the match gobbing off bollocks to their mates.
      Annoying as F**k.

Quick Reply