Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32732 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #989: Jan 10, 2019 11:59:36 am
      You and I have been involved in a few arguments on here as you know, but I find you far more interesting than I do somebody like Walton for example who is only interested in quoting the likes of us to abuse us, then say the usual 'klopp knows more than you' etc.

I may not always agree with you, but I like the way you're very opinionated and you're not a sheep. You're one of my favourite posters on here regardless whether I agree with you or whether I that you're completely wrong too.

Likewise, I have no problem with someone having a differing opinion, it is after all the nature of a forum, but they have to be willing to defend and debate their position in a civil and respectful manner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #990: Jan 10, 2019 12:05:03 pm
      Are you seriously comparing a game vs a midtable League 1 team at home with a strong Premier League team away?!

Man City played Burton Albion and demolished them. They played Walker, Mahrez, Silva, Sane, KDB, Gabriel Jesus, B.Silva etc. All but the CB and the keeper are first team players. Reason they could do that? They have a bigger squad and no injuries other than Mendy. They have Jesus and Mahrez as back up to Aguero and Sterling, we have Origi and Sturridge for Firmino and Salah/Mane. We had 1 CB available and he went off after a few minutes.

We played near enough a full strength Wolves team and were narrowly beaten. First goal a number of individual mistakes gifting them a goal, we had more of the ball, had maybe 1 or 2 more attempts at goal and hit the post. Remembering that this is a Wolves team that have proven more than a match for the top teams this season. We played a heavily rotated team and matched them to be honest, there wasn’t much between the teams.

It’s not a case of showing respect to the opposition. If you are showing respect to opposition then you just knock the ball around and just see the game out at 5/6-0, not go on to completely humiliate a team 9-0, a team that will be aiming to finish mid table in a few divisions lower and was put together on about £1mill compared to a £500mill City team. When City play a rotates team like we did in the 2nd leg, will you be saying they are showing a lack of class to the opposition? Humiliating them with a very strong line up and then humiliating them again by just playing kids because they know the game is a waste of time for everybody involved?

That's a fair point plus Citeh knew win this game comfortably, as they did!!, then they can play their U23 team, if they want, in the return fixture, it was quite a smart move really. IN reality they could probably have played their U23 team in both legs, how the f did Burton get this far in to the competition, that is the biggest mystery to me, they are a very very average team

Quick Reply