Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34995 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:49 pm

You have no clue and now I know you have no clue.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #714: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:51 pm
      We're a bit of a wounded animal now, can see Brighton getting thumped.

Let’s hope so!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #715: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:56 pm
      Shearer inwardly fuming about our attitude to the tournament. He's trying to cling on to the magic of the fa cup like a 10 year old at Christmas.

Sad but true that this trophy has lost its way in the game and we use it as a distraction along with a lot of other teams.

This tournament is cut out for the two Manchester clubs with their long line of reasonably decent back up players. We still don't have the true depth of squad to give it a go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,253 posts | 3500 
      Re: Live: Wolves V Liverpool
      Reply #716: Jan 07, 2019 10:03:11 pm
      So what you are say is that once he says something he can not change his mind...?
      In this set of circumstances he should change his mind, and the owners should stand behind him... This could very well be a season breaker for us and the club

Do you honestly thing that Klopp would start Hoever against Bayren...?? Are you really that naive..?

Let me ask you a question... Forget about what you think klopp will do. The question is this... Given that we have the injuries we have with the CB, and that we  may only have one CB fit enough to start in the first Leg of the CL match v.s Bayern Munich, and more important before that we have five Premier League game and may only have VVD and Fab' as a full in CB Do you feel we need another CB  Forget about the money Do you feel we need another CB  ...??

Christ you don’t stop - no I don’t think we need to waste money bringing in a CB

Can’t wait for the window to close to stop you F***ing droning on about it
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #717: Jan 07, 2019 10:03:13 pm
      I tell you what, I could watch Moreno jump to head and miss the ball all day, it's a bit like slap stick.

It's quite the ability, would only be better if he was playing for someone else while doing it ;D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #718: Jan 07, 2019 10:03:40 pm
      I'm quite calm actually. On a positive note, less matches in our run in.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #719: Jan 07, 2019 10:03:48 pm
      What do you expect? It was a shuffled team, no rhythm, no set pieces, just playing together from scratch. Also the way Jürgen did choose the team it was clear to everybody that he's OK with a loss. Not a good motivation either. Yes, give Robbo, Mané, Bobby and Salah a break, but that's it.

Agreed. A break for those 4-5 players was necessary, which is why the team selection was understandable. No arguments there.

Honestly, I'm less worried about this loss. My concern is that this match exposes our squad depth. Sturridge/Origi/Moreno/Keita(in this moment) cannot be trusted if someone in the main team has an off day or has a slight injury. This was their game to make a difference in, and all 4 were disappointing, meaning it's either the main 13-14 players or bust.

Rhythm shouldn't really be an excuse. Origi & Sturridge aren't going to get an extended run of games in the league ahead of the front 3. You get your chance in rotation in cups, you take it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,352 posts | 4968 
      Reply #720: Jan 07, 2019 10:04:25 pm
      Don't like it either Si and I really struggle to see how Jürgen could have done anything different. We've just come out of a fairly intense December period and many of our players have needed the rest to keep us fresh for the business end of the season. It won't be long before we're potentially playing two games a week like it was last season from February onwards.

He took a risk in playing teenagers and the likes of Moreno and Mignolet but it's one he had to take. Yeah - it backfired but that's football.

There is nothing else he could have done mate which is why I'm not angry.

If he played the first team and one of Salah, Virgil or Firmino got injured then you can imagine the carnage on here.

Can't do right for doing wrong.

Like I said earlier the senior pros let us down. Not Jürgen or the youngsters.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #721: Jan 07, 2019 10:04:44 pm
      it was his attitude I liked. Not his favoured position but this man decided he was going to give his best and I like that shows great character. Not happy with Shaq he really didn't show too much at all.

so, so unlucky with his free kick, but overall, bad day for everyone envoled.  We go againn
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #722: Jan 07, 2019 10:06:36 pm
      With 7 changes and we lost, so i am not overly dissapointed. I think, after this game we are pretty clear where klopp's priorities are. So, it is either the EPL or CL or both for klopp.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #723: Jan 07, 2019 10:06:47 pm
      We're a bit of a wounded animal now, can see Brighton getting thumped.

Not if Jürgen thinks it’s s walk in the park and fields a similar side they won’t
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #724: Jan 07, 2019 10:06:59 pm
      CB really concerns me. VVD aside we have three really injury prone CBs and a 16 year old.

cant ignore it mate but where do you get a CB good enough to play alongside Virgil?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Wolves V Liverpool
      Reply #725: Jan 07, 2019 10:07:12 pm
      Christ you don’t stop - no I don’t think we need to waste money bringing in a CB

Can’t wait for the window to close to stop you f**king droning on about it

You posted to me and i answer and you say you wish i would stop...?

THEN DON'T POST COMMENTS TO ME IT SIMPLE

Child
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 226 
      Reply #726: Jan 07, 2019 10:07:57 pm
      Should we put a bid in for Neves  :D
      See how Wolves like that.

Hmmm let me think Neves? Or Henderson, Milner? Hmmmm
      Harrisimo

• 8,424 posts | 1439 
      Reply #727: Jan 07, 2019 10:09:04 pm
      Nobody is happy when we get beat. No blame to Klopp. The core of the team had enough experience to do better than they did. They didn't start till the second half. But no need to overreact.We're out. So there can be no excuses in the league.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,352 posts | 4968 
      Reply #728: Jan 07, 2019 10:09:19 pm
      2001 we won FA cup, league Cup and UEFA Cup...

Pretty sure that's 3 trophies or a treble...

It is and one of the best times I've had as a supporter of the club.

2001 was a joy.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #729: Jan 07, 2019 10:10:05 pm

WTF? A treble is if you win domestic cup, league and CL in one season. We never did that and we won't do it in 2019.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #730: Jan 07, 2019 10:10:15 pm
      The only good thing is that the boss himself labeled this cup "redundant" by his team selection. So why bother if LFC doesn't? But I was hungry for a treble...LFC never had one. :(
      I do think we just watered it down. It will continue to be watered down as well.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #731: Jan 07, 2019 10:10:35 pm
      Jürgen coming on now LFCTV.  Henderson and Lallana injured. Some players sick with sore throats etc so maybe why some looked tired
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #732: Jan 07, 2019 10:10:50 pm
      CB really concerns me. VVD aside we have three really injury prone CBs and a 16 year old.

LB for me mate.

Robbo can’t play every game and we don’t have another functioning left back at the club before Adam Lewis.

Not arsed about Clyne going - I mean an actual alternative lb.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #733: Jan 07, 2019 10:10:53 pm
      It is and one of the best times I've had as a supporter of the club.

2001 was a joy.

The 5-4 against alavez in the UEFA Cup final was nuts... 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #734: Jan 07, 2019 10:11:05 pm
      The most important thing for me tonight was that Virgil, Allison, and Robertson got a much needed mental break from football. One game is all it takes.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #735: Jan 07, 2019 10:11:08 pm
      really surprised people are angry we benched guys! Did you guys not see what happened to Lovren, could have easily been Robbo or Trent or one of the front 3. I don't even wanna think that about the big dutch, gives me the shivers. I am glad Klopp didn't even bring him to Wolverhampton, would have been so easy to send him on once Lovren got injured.

Also, other than the obvious hate for Moreno Migs and Sturridge. I can stand Lovren, how stupid is he, we don't have possession (even if we do) you play CB, if you are injured go DOWN !!!!! Clearly, the bench isn't ready for substitution! Don't rate him at all, rather see young Ki-Jana play there based on today.

Quick Reply