Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33484 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Jan 07, 2019 10:21:13 pm
      I'd rather have him kicking on at CM, though. Thought we'd seen the back of the square pegs in round holes.

I get that but he looked like he was in his armchair it was so easy for him tonight. Think he has found his feet now so wherever he plays he is going to be solid for us
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #760: Jan 07, 2019 10:22:22 pm
      Dejan got a vote.

Dadorious on tonight? ;D

that's just weird mate I noted that earlier just why would you do that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #761: Jan 07, 2019 10:23:17 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #762: Jan 07, 2019 10:23:49 pm
      Dejan got a vote.

Dadorious on tonight? ;D

Dejan himself perhaps
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #763: Jan 07, 2019 10:24:15 pm
      Dejan got a vote.

Dadorious on tonight? ;D

that's just weird mate I noted that earlier just why would you do that

There’s one or two weird ones every week.

I’d guess whomever it was was making the point he didn’t get a chance to play sh*te therefore........
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #764: Jan 07, 2019 10:26:14 pm
      Feeling deflated at the moment, that was a piss poor performance.

The FA Cup is important to me and even though we are out it would at least be acceptable if we went out fighting, we didn't. We can blame Klopp for making too many changes but the buck has to stop with the players as well. It is common knowledge that we play the same systems throughout the Club, from Academy through to first team. There is a slight excuse for players not having played much first team football together but there is no excuse for not trying. Origi and Sturridge did not give an absolute F**k, they were shameful, embarassing.

As much as Shearer grips my sh*t he was bang on when he said that this game was an opportunity for all the fringe players to put their hands up and prove they are worthy of wearing the shirt, not many did. Origi has no place here, neither does Moreno. As much as i like Sturridge it is time to remove all sentiment, it is time for him to go also. We are now a title contending side, these are not title contending players. I'll include Mignolet in that as well. I can't have a go at the youngsters, they should be being nursed by the senior players, it didn't happen.

Make no mistake, Wolves are a tough nut to crack at home but we didn't even turn up, that is what hurts to watch. Klopp gave a lot of players a chance, some of them didn't even try.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #765: Jan 07, 2019 10:26:15 pm
      Genuinely enjoyed watching Hoever. Gave him my MOTM and it wasn’t a sympathy vote, either.

Fab next to him was good, too.

Rafa and Curtis got thrown to the wolves (excellent pun) a bit in their positions with them often isolated without support.

The seniors let us down big time. Sturridge was awful, Shaq only decided to play when the big guns came on, Milly was off the boil, Moreno was typically mediocre, Migs got beaten with a shot that shouldn’t have gotten past him and Naby’s passing was so lethargic. Origi tried hard and got his goal but apart from that was largely ineffective.

We’re out and it’s a big shame because some of these lads have kissed game time away but the positive is we’ve potentially unearthed a little gem in Ki-Jana Hoever.

Anyone overreacting to this needs a good look at the league table and CL draw. Four points clear and arguably favourites against Bayern.

Breathe.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #766: Jan 07, 2019 10:27:13 pm
      What are you on about you freak? We've won trebles in 84 and 01.

Bull. That's like saying a hattrick is if you score 3 times in a season. Nobody uses such a definition, the same with treble, as wikipedia shows. Anyway, we will not win FACup, League and CL and that means we will not achieve the Grand Slam in football and that sucks...hopefully it was worth it and I'd take it if we win the league or CL, but man, Jürgen is playing with fire.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #767: Jan 07, 2019 10:27:36 pm
      Just got back from the match, th3 second half was marginally better than the first but it was clear from Klopps selection this tournament is not a priority and this seemed to permeate to the players.
      Shaq
      The most senior players were the ones who stank the place out, Originaside his goal was useless, ditto Sturbridge who seems to think he is a ball playing No 10 and killed any momentum we had.

Shaq and Milner had the touch of a rapist today, although in Milners case his lack of ability is usually masked by having more quality in the side to compensate.

Moreno  - we would have been better if he didn’t start. To think he is making a living from football wow!

Curtis Jones is not yet ready for this level.

Star in the making and oozed quality was young Hoever, to be thrust into such a game he was calm and reassuring, and boy is he a footballer.

Not overly bothered with the result but boy that was a poor performance despite the number of changes.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #768: Jan 07, 2019 10:27:41 pm
      if Dejan injury is long it is a good job we lost today. Can't be using Gomez in that cup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #769: Jan 07, 2019 10:29:09 pm
      How can Jürgen possibly trust the likes of Daniel now if he is needed for a game like Bayern he has let himself down. Daniel has many fans here me included we have stood by him through all his problems but you cannot condone a poor attitude he was dreadful tonight
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #770: Jan 07, 2019 10:29:27 pm
      I'll include Mignolet in that as well.

Mig would be a perfect back-up for Alisson. I'd keep him if I could. Or would you rather have Karius back?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #771: Jan 07, 2019 10:29:59 pm
      The league cup is not the real domestic cup, it's the FA-Cup. You are just dumb not knowing about the treble. It's like if somebody is as dumb as not knowing offside or hattrick. You suck man, no news though.

From your Wiki link:

"A treble in association football is achieved when a club team wins three (3) trophies in a single season."

So if you know how to count:
      UEFA Cup + FA Cup + League Cup = 3
      CL + League + League Cup = 3

(Don't even know why I bother)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #772: Jan 07, 2019 10:30:17 pm
      Hoever MOTM for me. Thrust into the game and worked his balls off. One of the few players who looked like he was interested.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #773: Jan 07, 2019 10:33:02 pm
      Bull. That's like saying a hattrick is if you score 3 times in a season. Nobody uses such a definition, the same with treble, as wikipedia shows. Anyway, we will not win FACup, League and CL and that means we will not achieve the Grand Slam in football and that sucks...hopefully it was worth it and I'd take it if we win the league or CL, but man, Jürgen is playing with fire.

go away back under whatever rock you came from a treble is winning three trophies unless your a MANC that is which judging your posting history would make sense
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #774: Jan 07, 2019 10:33:27 pm
      From your Wiki link:

"A treble in association football is achieved when a club team wins three (3) trophies in a single season."

So if you know how to count:
      UEFA Cup + FA Cup + League Cup = 3
      CL + League + League Cup = 3

(Don't even know why I bother)
      What about league cup + charity shield + uefa cup winners cup, is that a treble too?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #775: Jan 07, 2019 10:33:35 pm
      On my way home it’s a long ride time to think , but Shaq tonight stank the place out not only that he’s a fckin shithouse for pulling out of tackles , at the very least players should give their all to see a Liverpool player pulling out of tackles is just not on 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #776: Jan 07, 2019 10:34:24 pm
      What about league cup + charity shield + uefa cup winners cup, is that a treble too?

You know it isn't.

Stop being a tit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #777: Jan 07, 2019 10:34:39 pm
      Hoever MOTM for me. Thrust into the game and worked his balls off. One of the few players who looked like he was interested.

Genuinely the toughest possible debut you could ask for.

Away from home in a Cup match, tough side, thrust in to action after 5 minutes without being able to mentally prepare for the game ahead of kick off.

16 years old and many people’s MOTM.

Outstanding.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #778: Jan 07, 2019 10:34:43 pm

can you remember being 16 he is away from home in a foreign Country playing for an Iconic club the lad deserves a medal for tonight and Camacho and Curtis were great too .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #779: Jan 07, 2019 10:35:47 pm
      go away back under whatever rock you came from a treble is winning three trophies unless your a MANC that is which judging your posting history would make sense

He’s WUM-ing mate. Don’t bite and leave him be.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #780: Jan 07, 2019 10:36:11 pm
      Mig would be a perfect back-up for Alisson. I'd keep him if I could. Or would you rather have Karius back?

You are clearly smoking a crack pipe or are on some sort of wind up? Either way, Mignolet has no place in a title contending squad. Karius and Mignolet are the reasons we spent so much money on Alisson. Grabara is ahead of Mignolet. Mignolet is one of the worst goalkeepers we have ever had, period.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #781: Jan 07, 2019 10:36:21 pm
      You know it isn't.

Stop being a tit.

he cant mate a I said ask him t stop breathing he would find it easier. What is interesting is how a Liverpool Supporter would down play winning a treble got to be mancs mate all of them

Quick Reply