Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32767 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Jan 07, 2019 10:36:30 pm
      Seems Klopp has bigger fish to fry, preferring to sacrifice the FA cup, which seems a pity in sense.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #783: Jan 07, 2019 10:37:38 pm
      What about league cup + charity shield + uefa cup winners cup, is that a treble too?

Don't think Charity Shield Counts, same as the UEFA Super Cup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #784: Jan 07, 2019 10:39:01 pm
      Seems Klopp has bigger fish to fry, preferring to sacrifice the FA cup, which seems a pity in sense.

we will only find out in May
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #785: Jan 07, 2019 10:39:41 pm
      Genuinely the toughest possible debut you could ask for.

Away from home in a Cup match, tough side, thrust in to action after 5 minutes without being able to mentally prepare for the game ahead of kick off.

16 years old and many peopleā€™s MOTM.

Outstanding.

can you remember being 16 he is away from home in a foreign Country playing for an Iconic club the lad deserves a medal for tonight and Camacho and Curtis were great too .

Exactly right boys. Origi, Sturridge, Mignolet and Moreno should hang their heads in shame. Hoever has more fight in his little toe than these four have in their entire bodies, shameful.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #786: Jan 07, 2019 10:44:19 pm
      Not even going to bother reading through the thread as i'm sure the usual people are having a field day blasting Klopp and team left and right, so i'll just add my 2 cents and leave it at that:

I think silverware is paramount this season and that is why i was annoyed when we got eliminated out of the Carabao Cup. However, at that time we were not 4 points up with less than half the season to go, and for this reason is that i am not bothered at all that we got eliminated out of the FA Cup. Only reason i am disappointed about it is because the FA Cup was the best chance for kids like Hoever, Camacho and Jones to get first-team action, but beyond that, i welcome the break in the schedule as our focus should be firmly pointed towards the PL trophy that as i type this post, is ours to lose.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #787: Jan 07, 2019 10:44:59 pm
      You know it isn't.

Stop being a tit.
      technically it is though, if it is true that any 3 trophies count then even though charity shield is a very minor trophy, it is still a trophy.
      The definition of trophy: a cup or other decorative object awarded as a prize for a victory or success.
      The charity shield meets that criteria, so I'm  not being a tit.. it is a valid point.. this does count as a treble.
      It's not a good treble but it is still a treble.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #788: Jan 07, 2019 10:45:03 pm
      Exactly right boys. Origi, Sturridge, Mignolet and Moreno should hang their heads in shame. Hoever has more fight in his little toe than these four have in their entire bodies, shameful.

They might be doing well in training, but if your head is not there, who can tell?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #789: Jan 07, 2019 10:45:57 pm
      it has shown our squad is lighter than we thought it was if we get performances from Daniel like that
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #790: Jan 07, 2019 10:47:06 pm
      Don't think Charity Shield Counts, same as the UEFA Super Cup.
      Depends if you go on common sense or definitions. Using definitions, it said any 3 trophies.
      According to the dictionary they are in fact trophies.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #791: Jan 07, 2019 10:48:34 pm
      The definition of trophy: a cup or other decorative object awarded as a prize for a victory or success.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #792: Jan 07, 2019 10:49:42 pm
      I did not write the dictionary, isn't my fault.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #793: Jan 07, 2019 10:50:04 pm

ah come on Fozzy was a good guy not a gimp
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #794: Jan 07, 2019 10:50:25 pm
      technically it is though, if it is true that any 3 trophies count then even though charity shield is a very minor trophy, it is still a trophy.
      The charity shield meets that criteria, so I'm  not being a tit.. it is a valid point.. this does count as a treble.
      It's not a good treble but it is still a treble.

Do you lads want to take this and f**k off somewhere and start your own thread about it, because I want to read what my fellow reds thought about the game.

Thanks loads, like.
       :mad:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #795: Jan 07, 2019 10:51:55 pm
      ah come on Fozzy was a good guy not a gimp

Walt when you start looking back fondly on the likes of mac_red you know it's getting rough.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #796: Jan 07, 2019 10:53:43 pm
      Walt when you start looking back fondly on the likes of mac_red you know it's getting rough.

And the first bars of ā€œMemoriesā€ play in background before the crisp, clear voice of Streisand kicks in.......
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #797: Jan 07, 2019 10:53:59 pm
      just found out Joe Gomez middle name is ā€¦ā€¦.. Dave .
      Cant wait for the lads to get back to our best 11 and kick on lets remember who we are and where we are going this season
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #798: Jan 07, 2019 10:54:10 pm
      Do you lads want to take this and f**k off somewhere and start your own thread about it, because I want to read what my fellow reds thought about the game.

Thanks loads, like.
      ok sorry, I thought if we used Alisson we would have won today 2-0.
      His distributions and saves are the core of this team.
      Klopps a smart guy, he wanted out so he picked Mignolet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #799: Jan 07, 2019 10:55:36 pm
      it has shown our squad is lighter than we thought it was if we get performances from Daniel like that

Was just going to post similar  Walt.

One thing tonight has shown me is that we're still a fair bit away from having a squad to compete for four competitions a season.

We've a real quality 15 or so players but after that I'm not so sure.

We could let Danny, Lallana, Moreno, Origi and Mignolet go this window and would we really be any worse off?

I'm not sure we would,
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #800: Jan 07, 2019 10:58:24 pm
      Was just going to post similar  Walt.

One thing tonight has shown me is that we're still a fair bit away from having a squad to compete for four competitions a season.

We've a real quality 15 or so players but after that I'm not so sure.

We could let Danny, Lallana, Moreno, Origi and Mignolet go this window and would we really be any worse off?

I'm not sure we would,
      Origi isn't doing bad though.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #801: Jan 07, 2019 10:58:33 pm
      Thought keita was awful tonight, Milner looked 43 not 33, Moreno and Mignolet hopefully have played their last game for us.

Hoever though what a lad. Camacho clearly not a right back (postioning) but was always keen and willing, and on another night that 40 yarder screams in.

Jones struggled I thought, should of played him in centre not on left.

With Dejan 'loves a F***ing injury lovren now out, wonder if we will dip into market for a CB?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #802: Jan 07, 2019 10:59:15 pm

Thanks loads, like.

Dick swinging. everyone knows more than everyone else. We've just lost two on the trott guys, get a grip
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #803: Jan 07, 2019 11:01:48 pm
      I hate the FA cup 3rd round games, now.  Never thought I'd say that but it's got to be a hiding-to-nothing in the players' heads.  I used to love the FA cup.

I mean, imagine it. You're Daniel Sturridge.

You practise day in day out and only get near the bench if you're lucky now and again.  Then you get picked for this game, among 8 ressies and a couple of kids.  You're away, up against a tough, talented, aggressive team who really want to win; and the team selection you're in tells you that your boss isn't really that bothered (or he'd have picked the first XI).  You know you need to impress, and here's your chance, but you also know that come next Saturday and the next PL or CL game, you'll be overlooked regardless. 
      If you're Daniel's age and you've been as near to glory as he has, it must be hard to be 100% committed, unless your character is made of pure steel.  I'd criticise his performance tonight, but all through the game, this is what I was thinking. 
      I love Sturridge, I really do, for the player he was and the person he has shown himself to be, but I felt for him out there.  It's like he's not with us anymore.  The way he walked off, I wonder if he wants to be?

Milner, another player I hugely like.  He looked like he was trying to do everything for everybody at times, and didn't trust those around him.  He needed to keep the shape of the team.  Keita?  I just don't know what to make of him so far.  I really hope he comes good.  Mignolet?  I don't think he can have seen the shot 'til it was too late.  No blame from me.  Young lads - good, but not ready yet.   Moreno?  Just seems to lack intelligence.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019 11:06:50 pm by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #804: Jan 07, 2019 11:02:10 pm
      Going on that tonight if we manage somehow to get 15 million for Origi I think we,ll get prosecuted under the trade descriptions act easy to see why heā€™s not a starter .

Quick Reply