Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33356 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #874: Jan 08, 2019 09:15:27 am
      We played without 9 regular first team players and only just got beat by a full strength Wolves team who have caused problems to all the other top teams in the league.

Only City can Field a very strong second team due to unlimited funds and most sensible people understand that
      City owners don't care about profit much, they will gladly lose money to win a trophy, we won't. That's the difference I'm talking about. They pretty much bankroll their own revenue.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #875: Jan 08, 2019 09:16:38 am
      so we have the same morons slagging off the club Capt , slagging off Jürgen and now diminishing the clubs History and we are supposed to treat these idiots with respect.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #876: Jan 08, 2019 09:18:21 am
      Shut up - he job isn’t to make a profit - stop trolling
      It's not what we want to hear, but it's a responsibility to his boss not the fans. His responsibility to the fans is trophies, to his boss is profits. Who employs him, fans or boss?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #877: Jan 08, 2019 09:20:57 am
      Even then City struggled. Look at how bad they were with Silva, KDB and Fernandinho all out a couple of weeks ago - they lost back to back games vs Palace and Leicester.
      After a league cup game in the festive period. 4 trophies is too much for anybody.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #878: Jan 08, 2019 09:23:32 am
      Or last night he was hampered by illnesses and injuries to the squad

I have no doubt that if he played a strong team and we lost players like Salah and VVD and Mane to injury then internet fans like you would be the first to point fingers

All this talk of the treble - we want the league, the domestic cups whilst nice are irrelevant - we don’t have the strength of city’s squad to be able to compete in five fronts

The young lads would have loved that last night and walked off with their heads held high buzzing

I can appreciate injuries impacted the selection in defence yesterday but injuries can happen at any time in any game, you can't let that affect your team selections and I honestly would not have been complaining.
      I think in the game yesterday we either had to field a fairly strong team, as it was obvious that Wolves would, and try to get through to the next round OR do what Wenger used to do and field the reserve U23 team with a few senior players mixed in and hope for a miracle but know that you'd give them a good run out against quality opposition. Doing a half and half with junior and senior players never works as neither set of players knows how to play with the other as we saw yesterday.

Anyway in future years I will treat the domestic cups with the same disdain as Klopp does and hope we get knocked out as early as possible and with no injuries so as to focus on League and CL.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #879: Jan 08, 2019 09:34:02 am
      so we have the same morons slagging off the club Capt , slagging off Jürgen and now diminishing the clubs History and we are supposed to treat these idiots with respect.

Charming as always I see, how on earth do you not get any warnings from the mods, are you immune, do you have a free pass from them? Pretty much every post you do is an insult, often times quite nasty yet the mods seem to turn a blind eye to you.

I will criticise anyone I want whenever I want if I feel they deserve it, I will NOT be bullied by the likes of you, a pathetic keyboard warrior!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #880: Jan 08, 2019 09:34:48 am
      I can appreciate injuries impacted the selection in defence yesterday but injuries can happen at any time in any game, you can't let that affect your team selections and I honestly would not have been complaining.
      I think in the game yesterday we either had to field a fairly strong team, as it was obvious that Wolves would, and try to get through to the next round OR do what Wenger used to do and field the reserve U23 team with a few senior players mixed in and hope for a miracle but know that you'd give them a good run out against quality opposition. Doing a half and half with junior and senior players never works as neither set of players knows how to play with the other as we saw yesterday.

Anyway in future years I will treat the domestic cups with the same disdain as Klopp does and hope we get knocked out as early as possible and with no injuries so as to focus on League and CL.

Or how about we win a PL title first and build more depth in quality in the squad before we start ranting about trebles?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #881: Jan 08, 2019 09:43:48 am
      Or how about we win a PL title first and build more depth in quality in the squad before we start ranting about trebles?

IN fairness I never expected a treble, certainly not this season, but I do think a manager without a single trophy to his name yet might hedge his bets and focus a little bit more on the domestic cups. We now HAVE to win the Prem or CL otherwise its yet another season without any honours.
      I still think we can win the league but we now must win against Brighton, lose that game and the wheels could really start to come off on this season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #882: Jan 08, 2019 09:47:07 am
      We played without 9 regular first team players and only just got beat by a full strength Wolves team who have caused problems to all the other top teams in the league.

Only City can Field a very strong second team due to unlimited funds and most sensible people understand that

Well said.  Wolves didn't exactly blitz us with three debutants in our team and some of the more experienced players playing gash. 

I would have preferred us to go through but Lovren getting injured after two minutes should remind us all the potential risks of so many games over the past few weeks.  Imagine if that had been van Dijk - imagine the fume Klopp would have got for playing him.

In defence right now due to injuries we do not have much backup, and up front we do not have quality backup.  Yes we're out of both domestic cups but Chelsea and then Wolves away are hardly the easiest ties to be handed in the first round.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #883: Jan 08, 2019 09:49:13 am
      Well said.  Wolves didn't exactly blitz us with three debutants in our team and some of the more experienced players playing gash. 

I would have preferred us to go through but Lovren getting injured after two minutes should remind us all the potential risks of so many games over the past few weeks.  Imagine if that had been van Dijk - imagine the fume Klopp would have got for playing him.

In defence right now due to injuries we do not have much backup, and up front we do not have quality backup.  Yes we're out of both domestic cups but Chelsea and then Wolves away are hardly the easiest ties to be handed in the first round.

Wolves were much much better than us last night, and the scoreline flattered us, they took their foot off the gas for much of that second half, if they had needed to they could have stepped through the gears, lets not kid ourselves here.

I agree we were unlucky with the draws but in that case you have to play a stronger team, Chelseas did that and yesterday so did Wolves, result both went through.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #884: Jan 08, 2019 09:51:28 am
      IN fairness I never expected a treble, certainly not this season, but I do think a manager without a single trophy to his name yet might hedge his bets and focus a little bit more on the domestic cups. We now HAVE to win the Prem or CL otherwise its yet another season without any honours.
      I still think we can win the league but we now must win against Brighton, lose that game and the wheels could really start to come off on this season.

I agree we need to win the PL this season  there can be no excuses now. If not then the CL is a must but the PL is what we all want.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #885: Jan 08, 2019 09:54:35 am
      Let's get this straight, in some people's eyes backing Henderson is backing mediocrity but getting annoyed at being knocked out of a competition  after fielding a weakened side is not seeing the bigger picture
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #886: Jan 08, 2019 09:54:44 am

If he put focus on the FA Cup and we ended up missing out on the league as a result they’d be more of a meltdown than there is now from some people. Klopp wouldn’t live it down, people would be saying we should have put less effort into the FA Cup and concentrated more on the league. It’s a lose lose situation for Klopp. Unless we win every single game and every single competition there will always be people who aren’t satisfied.

We were all pissed with the displays in the Champions League on the away games, especially Red Star, but it was soon forgotten when we beat Napoli in the final game. This result is no different, if we are still where we are in a couple of months then nobody will give the slightest damn about this result.
      People were complaining about the run in last season, trying to manage the squad on a run to the CL final and get top 4. That’s nothing compared to if we were trying to get a run to the CL final again, win the league and win the FA Cup, we simply don’t have the squad for that...yet. Problem is we’ve come so far in the past year that it’s like people now automatically expect us win everything going and forget there is still a lot of work that needs doing to the team in certain areas.
      It’d be nice to win everything and I never go into a game with the mentality that we are going to lose, but at the same time I’d like to think I am realistic about where the club is in terms of its progression.
      The up side to not being in the FA Cup means we have less games than City and Spurs, we don’t have to risk any players on a piss poor lower division pitch, we get a week off in January and a week off before our first game with Bayern.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #887: Jan 08, 2019 09:57:51 am
      Let's get this straight, in some people's eyes backing Henderson is backing mediocrity but getting annoyed at being knocked out of a competition  after fielding a weakened side is not seeing the bigger picture

Kaleidoscope of LFC forum life mate 🤪
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #888: Jan 08, 2019 10:05:59 am
      What a sh*t start to 2019 this is, hope it gets much f**king better from here on.

Shattered to be out of the Cup but I knew we had it all against us, am sure more then ever now the FA is corrupt!

We get Wolves f**king away

Spuds get Tranmere
      United gets Reading
      Chavs get Forrest
      Arsenal get Blackpool
      Citeh get f**king Rotherham
      F**k even the Bitters got Lincoln f**king City

How come we the only ones who got drawn a PL side and away from home as well....typical

Maybe we really are going to win the League because they want us to have less matches!!! That's the only positive I got out of that!

Faaaarrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk
      So how did the corrupt FA allow Utd to play Arsenal & Spurs play Palace away in the next round?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #889: Jan 08, 2019 10:09:12 am
      If he put focus on the FA Cup and we ended up missing out on the league as a result they’d be more of a meltdown than there is now from some people. Klopp wouldn’t live it down, people would be saying we should have put less effort into the FA Cup and concentrated more on the league. It’s a lose lose situation for Klopp. Unless we win every single game and every single competition there will always be people who aren’t satisfied.

We were all pissed with the displays in the Champions League on the away games, especially Red Star, but it was soon forgotten when we beat Napoli in the final game. This result is no different, if we are still where we are in a couple of months then nobody will give the slightest damn about this result.
      People were complaining about the run in last season, trying to manage the squad on a run to the CL final and get top 4. That’s nothing compared to if we were trying to get a run to the CL final again, win the league and win the FA Cup, we simply don’t have the squad for that...yet. Problem is we’ve come so far in the past year that it’s like people now automatically expect us win everything going and forget there is still a lot of work that needs doing to the team in certain areas.
      It’d be nice to win everything and I never go into a game with the mentality that we are going to lose, but at the same time I’d like to think I am realistic about where the club is in terms of its progression.
      The up side to not being in the FA Cup means we have less games than City and Spurs, we don’t have to risk any players on a piss poor lower division pitch, we get a week off in January and a week off before our first game with Bayern.

Of course there is an upside to not being in the FA Cup but the downside is that we can't win it for another year. Yes Wolves away was a tricky game and yes the lads are tired after the Xmas period but are you suggesting they were more tired than the Wolves players, I'm fairly sure our squad is better than theirs, if not then something is very wrong in our recruitment! Anyway what I would have done is field a similar team to Wolves, ie just 2 or 3 players rested, get through and then next game might well be against a weak team like Shrewsbury or Stoke, there you can maybe rest a few more players. Its called being sensible and managing your resources instead we now have a situation where there is even more pressure on us to win the League as realistically its the only thing we can win this season, as I simply cannot see us winning the CL unless we figure out how to play away in Europe again.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #890: Jan 08, 2019 10:11:29 am
      Going to risk being unpopular here and say that if I could go back in time and change anything about the FA cup yesterday I wouldn't. Other members got the nail on the head, 5 games + replays could be around an extra game every 3 weeks. Crucial points dropped in our league campaign. City and Spurs both have two legged semi finals in the league cup then FA cup games against premiership teams, this is Klopp's strategy in my opinion and I think it's a good one.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #891: Jan 08, 2019 10:15:51 am
      Of course there is an upside to not being in the FA Cup but the downside is that we can't win it for another year. Yes Wolves away was a tricky game and yes the lads are tired after the Xmas period but are you suggesting they were more tired than the Wolves players, I'm fairly sure our squad is better than theirs, if not then something is very wrong in our recruitment! Anyway what I would have done is field a similar team to Wolves, ie just 2 or 3 players rested, get through and then next game might well be against a weak team like Shrewsbury or Stoke, there you can maybe rest a few more players. Its called being sensible and managing your resources instead we now have a situation where there is even more pressure on us to win the League as realistically its the only thing we can win this season, as I simply cannot see us winning the CL unless we figure out how to play away in Europe again.
      If we win the league this year it will put us in a better position to start challenging for more. We got a crap draw, if we got Wolves in the 5th round we'd probably have took it more seriously. FA cup lacks seedings.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #892: Jan 08, 2019 10:26:25 am
      What a sh*t start to 2019 this is, hope it gets much f**king better from here on.

Shattered to be out of the Cup but I knew we had it all against us, am sure more then ever now the FA is corrupt!

We get Wolves f**king away

Spuds get Tranmere
      United gets Reading
      Chavs get Forrest
      Arsenal get Blackpool
      Citeh get f**king Rotherham
      F**k even the Bitters got Lincoln f**king City

How come we the only ones who got drawn a PL side and away from home as well....typical

Maybe we really are going to win the League because they want us to have less matches!!! That's the only positive I got out of that!

Faaaarrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk
      How can it be corrupt? That would involve the person doing the draw to have a glove on that looks like a real hand but has a magnet under, then each balls magnet is activated remotely to rig the draw. I'll wait for Craig Bellamy people to announce things accidentally before the draw before getting suspicious  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #893: Jan 08, 2019 11:02:36 am
      Going to risk being unpopular here and say that if I could go back in time and change anything about the FA cup yesterday I wouldn't. Other members got the nail on the head, 5 games + replays could be around an extra game every 3 weeks. Crucial points dropped in our league campaign. City and Spurs both have two legged semi finals in the league cup then FA cup games against premiership teams, this is Klopp's strategy in my opinion and I think it's a good one.

OK but in that case why even bother entering the competition, Klopp must have known that the team he fielded yesterday and very little chance of beating a very good Wolves team or was Klopp again caught out by the other manager fielding a fairly strong team, like I feel he was against Chelsea earlier in the season.
      I would honestly rather have seen the U23 team have a go and go down fighting that that horror show yesterday.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #894: Jan 08, 2019 11:08:52 am

Spurs and City will play their B-team, just like we would, in League Cup and FA-Cup, maybe added with a guy like KDB. That's actually an asset because second stringer get a chance to play to be ready when needed or longterm injured players can smooth in (like e.g. Ox). We watched Sturridge yesterday, totally out of rhythm because no minutes on the pitch for forever...the guy was deadly at season's start.

But maybe Klopp knows more than we do, maybe there are several players that are hurting or maybe he knows we won't have the ressources Spurs and City have. He can't tell for competitive reasons, but his actions showed that he's willing to sacrifice the FA-Cup which is odd because it's a prestigious cup, not like the League Cup. But it is what it is. Klopp knows some sh*t about football and we should just trust him like sheep its shepard.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #895: Jan 08, 2019 11:14:06 am
      But maybe Klopp knows more than we do

I'd put my house on him knowing more about the condition of the current Liverpool squad than we do.  No 'but maybe' required.
      3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #896: Jan 08, 2019 11:18:42 am

But maybe Klopp knows more than we do, maybe there are several players that are hurting or maybe he knows we won't have the ressources Spurs and City have.

I don't like sacrificing anything. Only 4 chances to win anything each year. We're LFC not Leicester for gods sake

Spurs have spent next to nothing - we should be better equiped than them

Quick Reply