Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32717 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #943: Jan 08, 2019 06:34:34 pm
      It was sh*t - everyone hates losing.

Everyone was disappointed in a number of players.

Let’s try be positive for the Brighton game, because in terms of psychology / mental strength - this is a massive game.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #944: Jan 08, 2019 07:28:01 pm
      On reflection, I think it was a good result. 
      Sorry mate. could read no further than that
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #945: Jan 08, 2019 07:56:43 pm
      I hate seeing those half/half teams where you play a couple of fringe players mixed in with a bunch of youngsters. As soon as you looked at that team sheet you knew it was getting a replay at best (for me anyway).

If we are going to take the approach of saying we need to prioritize the league over the cup then give the opportunity to someone other than e.g Moreno, who we all know will be out the door come summer and he probably does too. Having back line made up of 50 million quid central midfielder, two debutants and Alberto Moreno is an absolute joke.

I desperately want to see us win something and now we have put more pressure on winning the league.

Saying that? The FA Cup is basically on a par with the league cup these days so I understand the logic, but it is disappointing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #946: Jan 08, 2019 08:20:29 pm
      As disappointing last night was, i dont think its the kick in the bawbag as some are making out, now, before i say anymore I'm going to be hypocritical,  cos in the pre-match thrread i said i wanted us to go all out to win it,  and therefore field a side stronger than we did,....but i can fully appreciate and understand why we didn't...
      We've just come through the most mental part of the season, from the start of December to last night, how many games have we played?
      I'm not entirely sure but i know we have played  4 full on 90+ minutes in the last 12 days,
      Incredible really, now what would you say was our priority this season?
      Carabau cup perhaps?
      FA cup, might have been!
      Champions league spot ?
      WINNING THE f***in LEAGUE !!
      Winning the Champions league?

My answer is in capitals...

Last night's side, for the most part, HADN'T played together as a unit too often, some not at all, some, well one or two, COULDN'T BE f***in ARSED !!

One or two, maybe three, are not fit to wear our shirt, and imo, never should ever again, and one or two, no, make it three of our kids were brilliant,  when you consider who they shared the pitch with, and would no doubt look to for guidance, that wasn't there, Milner apart,

Hate saying this,but I'm glad we're out, we don't have to worry about who we got next round, we can possibly have a longer recovery period, and that will be a huge benefit come the latter weeks of the season,

So, F**k the FA cup, the League cup, they have almost become irrelevant for us atm, a inconvenience we could do without,  and this is how Jürgen sees it too i believe,  especially after a gruelling Xmas period and the amount of games we are expected to play.

Talk of a Treble,  yeah on a f***in dart board maybe, trebles for show, doubles for dough, Bobby George once said, and he's right,
      But our Double is League & Champions league,  that's where the Dough is, so F**k the domestic cups !!

YNWA

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #947: Jan 08, 2019 08:50:19 pm
      I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read to be honest.

People live far away, people can't afford to travel and buy the ticket and book accommodation etc. I don't think that's the best idea to only take the views of people based purely on the location or financial luxuries they have. They don't know more about football because of that and their opinion doesn't deserve to be taken more seriously.

I've sat beside morons watching us play, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I've got very knowledgable mates who've never seen us play, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on that too.

Doesn't add up.

I’m pretty confident you knew what kind of arm chair fan I meant ,so I’ll just leave at that
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #948: Jan 08, 2019 09:09:56 pm
      Sorry mate. could read no further than that

Yea, don't think Jürgen sent them out there 'wanting' to loose.
      But don't think he would have been super bothered if we didn't win.
      There is a difference though.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #949: Jan 08, 2019 09:42:03 pm
      Seeing the same posts from the same people who don't actually have any input or discuss football, their purpose is to come on here and attack anybody who says something they might not like or agree with.

Ok, so you can be happy that we played a sh*t side, and you can be happy that we're no longer in the cup. That's something I don't agree with but I won't go out and attack all of you.

What I will ask though is, if we don't actually win the league or we don't win the European cup, are you going to come back to this game in May and discuss it?

And one last thing. If you don't care about the fa cup how about you don't watch the game then, get out the thread and stop talking about it and leave it to reds who actually do.

That's why I rarely frequent this forum any more. No enlightened debate, no room for differing opinions, the same few hunt in packs and shut down any conversation they disagree with through claims of you being a 'WUM', descending into petty name calling and arguments. The juvenility of it can be quite tiresome.

As for the FA Cup, not happy we went out but not sad either, entirely apathetic and that will not change come May regardless of what happens simply because you can only make decisions based upon the information you have on hand at the time you make it, and right now given our League position and that we're still in the - let's be perfectly honest about it - far more important Champions League, I can understand the need to rotate. What neither I nor Klopp can account for though is the underperformance by players who are more than capable of winning that game. People can criticise the gaffer all they like but they would make the same decision in the same circumstances were they the manager of the club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #950: Jan 08, 2019 09:58:06 pm
      So how did the corrupt FA allow Utd to play Arsenal & Spurs play Palace away in the next round?

That's the next round not this first round the PL teams go into.

You keep your trust in the FA mate. To me they're all a bunch of cu*ts and it wouldn't surprise me one iota if they did rig it.

Doesn't matter now...we're out!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #951: Jan 08, 2019 10:01:52 pm
      That's why I rarely frequent this forum any more. No enlightened debate, no room for differing opinions, the same few hunt in packs and shut down any conversation they disagree with through claims of you being a 'WUM', descending into petty name calling and arguments. The juvenility of it can be quite tiresome.

As for the FA Cup, not happy we went out but not sad either, entirely apathetic and that will not change come May regardless of what happens simply because you can only make decisions based upon the information you have on hand at the time you make it, and right now given our League position and that we're still in the - let's be perfectly honest about it - far more important Champions League, I can understand the need to rotate. What neither I nor Klopp can account for though is the underperformance by players who are more than capable of winning that game. People can criticise the gaffer all they like but they would make the same decision in the same circumstances were they the manager of the club.

I, personally, have no issue with debate at any time.

I, personally, just get bored with shouty, ignorant morons who think it’s really important everyone knows a) what they think; b) how pissed off they are that the manager doesn’t just do what they they think and c) pick the players they like.

Same posts win or lose and same targets.

That is not a debate. That’s seeing things as we actually are not as they, in fact, are.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2019 10:07:16 pm by Scotia »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #952: Jan 08, 2019 10:09:48 pm
      32 pages for a loss to Wolves in the Cup.

Almost as much as the threads for the Arsenal and Newcastle games combined.

Imagine if people showed this much enthusiasm to discuss our side when we play brilliantly.

Genuinely don’t get this attitude where decisions and tactics get dissected to death in a loss. If some of y’all put that much effort in to seeing how we’re winning so many games you’d be happier and see why we’re top of the league and feared by everyone.

Watch some highlights of our wins. Watch the supposed best team in the world celebrate beating us on their patch as if they’d won the World Cup. Enjoy the football we’re playing. Breathe. Smile.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #953: Jan 08, 2019 10:52:48 pm
      32 pages for a loss to Wolves in the Cup.

Almost as much as the threads for the Arsenal and Newcastle games combined.

Imagine if people showed this much enthusiasm to discuss our side when we play brilliantly.

Genuinely don’t get this attitude where decisions and tactics get dissected to death in a loss. If some of y’all put that much effort in to seeing how we’re winning so many games you’d be happier and see why we’re top of the league and feared by everyone.

Watch some highlights of our wins. Watch the supposed best team in the world celebrate beating us on their patch as if they’d won the World Cup. Enjoy the football we’re playing. Breathe. Smile.

That brilliant Arsenal performance was like, NINE days ago? There were some posts earlier in the thread that would make you think we've squandered all of that good play and good standing because of the loss last night.

Your advice to close your post, is sublime.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #954: Jan 08, 2019 11:04:39 pm
      I’m pretty confident you knew what kind of arm chair fan I meant ,so I’ll just leave at that

I honestly didn't mate, thought you were making huge generalisations. However, pretty sure I catch your drift now
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #955: Jan 08, 2019 11:18:58 pm
      We have win league these year or think we won't get chance for long time, reason l Say that we only going one game week most season now were city going playing lot games, next season lot teams going be better like scum and Chelsea and even aresanl and city l think best players going look move on to real Madrid or Barcelona if we don't win anything these year or next l feel other rebuilt job on again so winning league will mean keep our best players
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #956: Jan 09, 2019 12:27:11 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Comedy post of the decade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Next you'll be telling me Lovren is one of the best centre backs in world football!!!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Stop it!!!!!!!!!!!

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #957: Jan 09, 2019 01:39:18 am

I, personally, just get bored with shouty, ignorant morons who think it’s really important everyone knows a) what they think; b) how pissed off they are that the manager doesn’t just do what they they think and c) pick the players they like.

That is not a debate. That’s seeing things as we actually are not as they, in fact, are.

Sometimes people just need to blow off steam after a debate and will say daft stuff in an attempt to vent their frustrations. Nothing wrong with that and certainly no reason for people to resort to calling them names. People who regurgitate the same nonsense outside of matches likewise should not be insulted, merely ignored. Point in proof of both in this very thread.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #958: Jan 09, 2019 02:31:51 am
      That brilliant Arsenal performance was like, NINE days ago? There were some posts earlier in the thread that would make you think we've squandered all of that good play and good standing because of the loss last night.

Your advice to close your post, is sublime.

Genuinely feels like some of those discussions we had on here during the end of the Rafa era, entire Hodgson reign and at different points of Rodgers’ management.

Every loss was put under the magnifying glass and everyone was in the firing line.

That in itself is bloody mad when you compare those situations to now.

Jürgen rested a sh*t load, had so many injuries he had to reinstate one of two fit CBs, lost him to injury and people STILL angry he didn’t pick a stronger line up.

The senior players let themselves, their manager and us fans down. No one else. But it’s one game. The carry-on in the aftermath is akin to a child taking their ball home after not getting their way.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #959: Jan 09, 2019 02:56:33 am

Same mate. If anything, they're the wum too. Why would they dismiss other reds wanting the very best for our club? Mind boggling at times some of the stuff you read on here.

They must be boring as f**k in the boozer after the match as well. I bet their wolves post match conversation went something like this.

'So what did you think of the game today'

'We were excellent'

'Even though we lost 2-1?'

'Yes we were excellent'.

'What did you think of the huge error that led to the first goal' 

'Nobody's fault because we are excellent'

'What did you make of jurgens line up'

'It was excellent'

'Could Mignolet have done any better for their second do you think?'

'I don't care because he's excellent'.

'Do you think we should take the domestic cups a little more serious considering we've only won one trophy in 12 years now?'

'Doesn't matter because we're excellent'.

'Ok. Have you got anything at all to add other than we're excellent?'

'Nope'.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #960: Jan 09, 2019 05:44:08 am
      Sometimes people just need to blow off steam after a debate and will say daft stuff in an attempt to vent their frustrations. Nothing wrong with that and certainly no reason for people to resort to calling them names. People who regurgitate the same nonsense outside of matches likewise should not be insulted, merely ignored. Point in proof of both in this very thread.

In isolation as a one off - possibly I’d agree.

The same monotonous, self important drone all the time though is disruptive.

It adds no value to any debate and often acts as a disincentive to others.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #961: Jan 09, 2019 06:14:27 am
      In isolation as a one off - possibly I’d agree.

The same monotonous, self important drone all the time though is disruptive.

It adds no value to any debate and often acts as a disincentive to others.

Self important?

What about the posters who continue to over praise certain players then? Why don't they get on your nerves?

The thing is, and I've said this many times, I will happily admit and say a player has had a good game even if I don't particularly rate them. If I thought Moreno was motm on Monday then I'd have said so no problem, even though I think he's dog turd and want him out of this club.

It's no secret I don't like Henderson or Lovren and I seriously worry that both could hinder our chances at silverware. The times I do think they've played well I say so in my post match opinions though. Look through them if you don't believe me, you'll find some.

The people who continue to defend such players never admit they've had a sh*t game though, and that clearly frustrates posters as much as the likes of yourself who get annoyed when somebody blasts them which you find unfair. It's also unfair coming on here and reading the same old over the top praise bullshit as well.

Funny place this forum. People stick to their guns and just argue for arguments sake. They've set their stall out and that's it now. I don't though. I just say things as I see them, game by game.

I love our front three for example, but I've said many times that they haven't played well. I like James Milner, but he was F***ing terrible on Monday. I like Trent, but he has shockers from time to time as well. I could go on and on.

Anybody who can't have a proper conversation or discussion about the match afterwards who get deeply offended if there is a slight criticism about the team who they support neee to grow up. It's behaviour you get from a 9 year old who runs home because his mate said something nasty.

It's a bloody football forum. It's our chance to voice our thoughts l. It's our chance to be a pretend manager and tell people what we'd do in klopps shoes. Or it's our chance to be Carra and analyse the game in our own way.

Yet people come on here, quote them and resort to name calling. And the funny thing is, the only thing they themselves can come up with is 'klopp knows best' and 'if it's ok with klopp then it's ok with me'. They're the idiots on here. I don't even know why they bother coming on, they literally offer nothing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #962: Jan 09, 2019 08:14:44 am
      Hate the being alright with going out of the cup. An FA Cup would be lovely.

I'm fine with Klopp putting out the side he did but I'm not fine with the side he put out's performance. Was awful.

Hard to slag young lads off as it must be very hard getting your chance every now and again. The pressure must be massive knowing you might be judged on one night only.

Milner was awful and I know there's a few reasons that could have contributed to that but he struggled with even the basics and doesn't look either fit or in form enough at the moment.

Sturridge, Moreno amd Mignolet really do need changing in the Summer. The drop of quality from the lads they're meant to be pressuring for a space is absolutely massive.

I honestly can't undertand why we didn't keep Clyne for the season if not even a week after this game. We really aren't in the position to be making our squad thinner in January. While Klopp is believed to be a man who doesn't stand in the way of players who want out I would love a change of tact on that for four months while we are in a really good position yet one or two injuries away from the wheels falling off completely.

Brighton is f**king huge.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #963: Jan 09, 2019 02:27:40 pm

So why not try to change that person's opinion rather than just call them every name under the sun and accuse them of not being a fan etc. By the way I'm not saying that you do this, but there are plenty who are like this. I am more than happy to debate my point of view, but all to often its just a couple of keyboard warriors who gang up and shout me and others down without even trying to debate.
      I have had my option changed in the past through well argued posts, but I will never change my point of view by someone calling me names.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #964: Jan 09, 2019 04:41:38 pm
      I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read to be honest.

He's not far wrong though. You see more at the match than on the telly and another undeniable fact is match regulars talkk more sense than half the tw*ts on the internet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #965: Jan 09, 2019 04:49:16 pm
      He's not far wrong though. You see more at the match than on the telly and another undeniable fact is match regulars talkk more sense than half the tw*ts on the internet.

the game looks different even from the point of view where your seated in the ground you have one angle but you can see more than just the picture the Camera shows. You can also hear more from the players and see how fluid the whole team is but the TV can show more angles and occasionally get someone to analyse without talking crap. If you have played the game and spent more than enough time at Anfield from the Boys pen to the Kop you can still see on here who is talking out of there arse and then spend almost an entire page trying to prove it.

Quick Reply