Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32747 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: Jan 09, 2019 04:52:11 pm
      So why not try to change that person's opinion rather than just call them every name under the sun and accuse them of not being a fan etc. By the way I'm not saying that you do this, but there are plenty who are like this. I am more than happy to debate my point of view, but all to often its just a couple of keyboard warriors who gang up and shout me and others down without even trying to debate.
      I have had my option changed in the past through well argued posts, but I will never change my point of view by someone calling me names.

You and I have been involved in a few arguments on here as you know, but I find you far more interesting than I do somebody like Walton for example who is only interested in quoting the likes of us to abuse us, then say the usual 'klopp knows more than you' etc.

I may not always agree with you, but I like the way you're very opinionated and you're not a sheep. You're one of my favourite posters on here regardless whether I agree with you or whether I that you're completely wrong too.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #967: Jan 09, 2019 04:55:09 pm
      He's not far wrong though. You see more at the match than on the telly and another undeniable fact is match regulars talkk more sense than half the tw*ts on the internet.

You see more off the ball at a game but Iā€™d argue you see more on the ball action on telly, just a much better view of close control etc.

Your going to get your spread of morons worldwide, some support Liverpool, some donā€™t, some go to games, some donā€™t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #968: Jan 09, 2019 05:00:04 pm
      You see more off the ball at a game but Iā€™d argue you see more on the ball action on telly, just a much better view of close control etc.

Your going to get your spread of morons worldwide, some support Liverpool, some donā€™t, some go to games, some donā€™t

I wouldn't, the cameras spend half the time showing either replays or focusing whats going on in the technical area like during the city game, missing bits of the game cos sky were more arsed about Pep having his bi*ch fit.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #969: Jan 09, 2019 07:24:13 pm
      I wouldn't, the cameras spend half the time showing either replays or focusing whats going on in the technical area like during the city game, missing bits of the game cos sky were more arsed about Pep having his bi*ch fit.
      Was just thinking this as I read. Lately the directors seem much apt to show a replay or close up at inopportune times, and then we often don't get a replay of what was missed.

As to on TV vs at the match: I always get a better sense of how the match is going if there in person. At home you might know better if an offside ruling was correct, that kind of thing, but for 99 percent of the viewing experience, I'll take in the stand over on the couch anytime.

As to fans talking crap, I've been to Anfield 6 times and have generally loved the banter/commentary from those around me. The only exception was a match where this fellow behind me wearing headphones kept shouting out fine details of I think it was a Stoke City match. Had nothing to do with our place in the table or anything, he just wanted everyone to know!  :)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #970: Jan 09, 2019 07:35:54 pm

Good point about Sky I must say
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #971: Jan 09, 2019 08:02:55 pm
      Self important?

What about the posters who continue to over praise certain players then? Why don't they get on your nerves?

The thing is, and I've said this many times, I will happily admit and say a player has had a good game even if I don't particularly rate them. If I thought Moreno was motm on Monday then I'd have said so no problem, even though I think he's dog turd and want him out of this club.

It's no secret I don't like Henderson or Lovren and I seriously worry that both could hinder our chances at silverware. The times I do think they've played well I say so in my post match opinions though. Look through them if you don't believe me, you'll find some.

The people who continue to defend such players never admit they've had a sh*t game though, and that clearly frustrates posters as much as the likes of yourself who get annoyed when somebody blasts them which you find unfair. It's also unfair coming on here and reading the same old over the top praise bullshit as well.

Funny place this forum. People stick to their guns and just argue for arguments sake. They've set their stall out and that's it now. I don't though. I just say things as I see them, game by game.

I love our front three for example, but I've said many times that they haven't played well. I like James Milner, but he was f**king terrible on Monday. I like Trent, but he has shockers from time to time as well. I could go on and on.

Anybody who can't have a proper conversation or discussion about the match afterwards who get deeply offended if there is a slight criticism about the team who they support neee to grow up. It's behaviour you get from a 9 year old who runs home because his mate said something nasty.

It's a bloody football forum. It's our chance to voice our thoughts l. It's our chance to be a pretend manager and tell people what we'd do in klopps shoes. Or it's our chance to be Carra and analyse the game in our own way.

Yet people come on here, quote them and resort to name calling. And the funny thing is, the only thing they themselves can come up with is 'klopp knows best' and 'if it's ok with klopp then it's ok with me'. They're the idiots on here. I don't even know why they bother coming on, they literally offer nothing.

Funny thing is, you also resort to name calling or dismiss other people's opinion by calling them ''deluded'' or have no ''knowledge of football''.

double standard much?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #972: Jan 09, 2019 08:16:29 pm
      In isolation as a one off - possibly Iā€™d agree.

The same monotonous, self important drone all the time though is disruptive.

It adds no value to any debate and often acts as a disincentive to others.
      what about a game where a player hardly touched the ball, then somebody comes on here and says that he's the man on the match out of fanboyism knowing damn well people are getting bored of it and then when people say he was average all of a sudden they get sworn at? The abuse always goes towards the fans who say a player has been average and not when a fan exaggerated a performance.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #973: Jan 09, 2019 08:43:34 pm
      what about a game where a player hardly touched the ball, then somebody comes on here and says that he's the man on the match out of fanboyism knowing damn well people are getting bored of it and then when people say he was average all of a sudden they get sworn at? The abuse always goes towards the fans who say a player has been average and not when a fan exaggerated a performance.

What about full stops and paragraphs Ribs?  :f_tongueincheek:

To answer your question - to some extent I agree with you - but I think itā€™s a Chicken and egg scenario.

Thereā€™s very, very few out and out ā€œfanboysā€ (in my opinion) on here. Thereā€™s a good few obsessive haters though.

Any personal obsession is selfish, distorting and boring as fuckity doodle doo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #974: Jan 09, 2019 08:57:40 pm
      I think Lee Dixon is who said Liverpool's biggest obstacle to winning this season will be the pressure generated by how much supporters want/need it to happen.  It really is palpable with our group, and I think that has something to do with all the slagging that goes on here.  Not counting a few windup dolls just here to stoke dissent (these I put on ignore, like German Panzer) I always get good food for thought on here. I often don't agree with Heimdall and Hamann's the Man for instance, but they usually give me food for thought. Same w Walton, Swab and Scotia who perhaps line up on a differing side. I don't doubt all of the above are Reds through and through, and we all want to see our team lift the trophy at the end of the season.

Maybe a little less infighting here wouldn't hurt.
      Rob
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019 09:27:47 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #975: Jan 09, 2019 09:07:17 pm
      opinions are like arseholes we all have one but I know a few things I am certain of. JĆ¼rgen knows more about his players than anyone on this forum yet some think they know how to select a team more than he does. JĆ¼rgen has more information about his players than any previous manager the level of detail sports science etc have is simply incredible. More importantly he sees them day in day out and he sees how they train and how they interact with one another so I am not going to side with someone who thinks they know how to pick or set up a team better than the Boss.
      The other is fairly simple and maybe its an old fashioned upbringing. During Shankly's era and after I had an Auntie who's son was a ticket agent and she found out all the Birthdays of the players and would send them a Birthday card she would never hear a bad word said about any of them so as long as they have a Red shirt on and try their best they will get my support.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #976: Jan 09, 2019 09:15:11 pm
      Got to admit there are some on here who fiercely protect their favourite players and should start to take into account others views . If someone doesn't play well or plays well then the critical comments and praise should go hand in hand
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #977: Jan 09, 2019 09:23:37 pm
      It absolutely all gets polarised.

I just find some of the latest narrative ā€œwe should be allowed to blame the same players we hate regardless of what actually happened and not be called on itā€ comically passive aggressive to be honest.

If thatā€™s a valid opinion so is ā€œyouā€™re talking sh*te again, shoutyā€.....

Whatever - maybe everything / everyone has a shelf life? 🙄

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #978: Jan 09, 2019 09:44:47 pm
      Was all for resting VVD and Robbo but was desperate to stay in the cup. We made far too many changes. That was the easiest of the 3 possible competitions to win.

Man City play a reasonably strong team at home to a League 1 team and win 9-0. They showed their opposition more respect than we did.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #979: Jan 09, 2019 11:17:33 pm
      Man City play a reasonably strong team at home to a League 1 team and win 9-0. They showed their opposition more respect than we did.

Are you seriously comparing a game vs a midtable League 1 team at home with a strong Premier League team away?!

Man City played Burton Albion and demolished them. They played Walker, Mahrez, Silva, Sane, KDB, Gabriel Jesus, B.Silva etc. All but the CB and the keeper are first team players. Reason they could do that? They have a bigger squad and no injuries other than Mendy. They have Jesus and Mahrez as back up to Aguero and Sterling, we have Origi and Sturridge for Firmino and Salah/Mane. We had 1 CB available and he went off after a few minutes.

We played near enough a full strength Wolves team and were narrowly beaten. First goal a number of individual mistakes gifting them a goal, we had more of the ball, had maybe 1 or 2 more attempts at goal and hit the post. Remembering that this is a Wolves team that have proven more than a match for the top teams this season. We played a heavily rotated team and matched them to be honest, there wasnā€™t much between the teams.

Itā€™s not a case of showing respect to the opposition. If you are showing respect to opposition then you just knock the ball around and just see the game out at 5/6-0, not go on to completely humiliate a team 9-0, a team that will be aiming to finish mid table in a few divisions lower and was put together on about Ā£1mill compared to a Ā£500mill City team. When City play a rotates team like we did in the 2nd leg, will you be saying they are showing a lack of class to the opposition? Humiliating them with a very strong line up and then humiliating them again by just playing kids because they know the game is a waste of time for everybody involved?

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019 11:22:32 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #980: Jan 09, 2019 11:21:51 pm
      Are you seriously comparing a game vs a midtable League 1 team at home with a strong Premier League team away?!

Man City played Burton Albion and demolished them. They played Walker, Mahrez, Silva, Sane, KDB, Gabriel Jesus, B.Silva etc. All but the CB and the keeper are first team players. Reason they could do that? They have a bigger squad and no injuries other than Mendy. They have Jesus and Mahrez as back up to Aguero and Sterling, we have Origi and Sturridge for Firmino and Salah/Mane. We had 1 CB available and he went off after a few minutes.

We played near enough a full strength Wolves team and were narrowly beaten. First goal a number of individual mistakes gifting them a goal, we had more of the ball, had maybe 1 or 2 more attempts at goal and hit the post. Remembering that this is a Wolves team that have proven more than a match for the top teams this season. We played a heavily rotated team and matched them to be honest, there wasnā€™t much between the teams.

Itā€™s not a case of showing respect to the opposition. If you are showing respect to opposition then you just knock the ball around and just see the game out at 5/6-0, not go on to completely humiliate a team 9-0, a team that will be aiming to finish mid table in a few divisions lower and was put together on about Ā£1mill compared to a Ā£500mill City team.

Makes you wonder some on here would prefer we try and win a Mickey Mouse trophy rather than the league!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #981: Jan 10, 2019 12:30:33 am

Itā€™s not a case of showing respect to the opposition. If you are showing respect to opposition then you just knock the ball around and just see the game out at 5/6-0, not go on to completely humiliate a team 9-0, a team that will be aiming to finish mid table in a few divisions lower and was put together on about Ā£1mill compared to a Ā£500mill City team. When City play a rotates team like we did in the 2nd leg, will you be saying they are showing a lack of class to the opposition? Humiliating them with a very strong line up and then humiliating them again by just playing kids because they know the game is a waste of time for everybody involved?

Were you alive when we scored 10 v fulham, 8 v swansea and stoke, 7 v york etc in cup games? Respecting teams ? What a load of bollocks
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #982: Jan 10, 2019 12:55:37 am
      Were you alive when we scored 10 v fulham, 8 v swansea and stoke, 7 v york etc in cup games? Respecting teams ? What a load of bollocks

Iā€™m not the one saying to show respect to teams...
      My point was that donā€™t accuse us of showing no respect when nobody else. Itā€™s every team for themselves on that pitch.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #983: Jan 10, 2019 06:17:36 am
      opinions are like arseholes we all have one but I know a few things I am certain of. JĆ¼rgen knows more about his players than anyone on this forum yet some think they know how to select a team more than he does. JĆ¼rgen has more information about his players than any previous manager the level of detail sports science etc have is simply incredible. More importantly he sees them day in day out and he sees how they train and how they interact with one another so I am not going to side with someone who thinks they know how to pick or set up a team better than the Boss.
      The other is fairly simple and maybe its an old fashioned upbringing. During Shankly's era and after I had an Auntie who's son was a ticket agent and she found out all the Birthdays of the players and would send them a Birthday card she would never hear a bad word said about any of them so as long as they have a Red shirt on and try their best they will get my support.

What are you waffling on about
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #984: Jan 10, 2019 06:21:37 am
      Funny thing is, you also resort to name calling or dismiss other people's opinion by calling them ''deluded'' or have no ''knowledge of football''.

double standard much?

I've been guilty of name calling a few times yes, but every single time without fail it has been in response to something towards me first.

Two wrongs don't make a right but if somebody abused me to my face I wouldn't just ignore it so why should I on a forum?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #985: Jan 10, 2019 07:50:50 am
      Self important?

What about the posters who continue to over praise certain players then? Why don't they get on your nerves?

The thing is, and I've said this many times, I will happily admit and say a player has had a good game even if I don't particularly rate them. If I thought Moreno was motm on Monday then I'd have said so no problem, even though I think he's dog turd and want him out of this club.

It's no secret I don't like Henderson or Lovren and I seriously worry that both could hinder our chances at silverware. The times I do think they've played well I say so in my post match opinions though. Look through them if you don't believe me, you'll find some.

The people who continue to defend such players never admit they've had a sh*t game though, and that clearly frustrates posters as much as the likes of yourself who get annoyed when somebody blasts them which you find unfair. It's also unfair coming on here and reading the same old over the top praise bullshit as well.

Funny place this forum. People stick to their guns and just argue for arguments sake. They've set their stall out and that's it now. I don't though. I just say things as I see them, game by game.

I love our front three for example, but I've said many times that they haven't played well. I like James Milner, but he was f**king terrible on Monday. I like Trent, but he has shockers from time to time as well. I could go on and on.

Anybody who can't have a proper conversation or discussion about the match afterwards who get deeply offended if there is a slight criticism about the team who they support neee to grow up. It's behaviour you get from a 9 year old who runs home because his mate said something nasty.

It's a bloody football forum. It's our chance to voice our thoughts l. It's our chance to be a pretend manager and tell people what we'd do in klopps shoes. Or it's our chance to be Carra and analyse the game in our own way.

Yet people come on here, quote them and resort to name calling. And the funny thing is, the only thing they themselves can come up with is 'klopp knows best' and 'if it's ok with klopp then it's ok with me'. They're the idiots on here. I don't even know why they bother coming on, they literally offer nothing.

Iā€™ve said elsewhere - I think itā€™s chicken and egg to be perfectly honest and everything gets polarised.

I find the relentless agenda with some players dull and some just donā€™t think theyā€™re good enough and always consider them the problem.

Maybe both need to be more circumspect. I certainly donā€™t intend to stop reasoned debate but, clearly, Iā€™m part of the current problem - which is f***inā€™ ludicrous in what is shaping up as our best season in damned near 30 years......

I dunno.

I hate the way this place has become so factionalised - all I wanna do is have a proper chat and a laugh about the mighty reds.

My nature in life is not to wail and gnash my teeth - just wastes time and emotion I think.....so I donā€™t dwell on setbacks. I prefer action to words and intrinsically try to focus on what comes next / needs to improve.

Good luck to you and the rest of reds Iā€™ve crossed swords with over the last few months.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #986: Jan 10, 2019 08:05:30 am
      Iā€™ve said elsewhere - I think itā€™s chicken and egg to be perfectly honest and everything gets polarised.

I find the relentless agenda with some players dull and some just donā€™t think theyā€™re good enough and always consider them the problem.

Maybe both need to be more circumspect. I certainly donā€™t intend to stop reasoned debate but, clearly, Iā€™m part of the current problem - which is f***inā€™ ludicrous in what is shaping up as our best season in damned near 30 years......

I dunno.

I hate the way this place has become so factionalised - all I wanna do is have a proper chat and a laugh about the mighty reds.

My nature in life is not to wail and gnash my teeth - just wastes time and emotion I think.....so I donā€™t dwell on setbacks. I prefer action to words and intrinsically try to focus on what comes next / needs to improve.

Good luck to you and the rest of reds Iā€™ve crossed swords with over the last few months.

Al don't stop posting your well reasoned and logical posts.If you stop posting because of a minority they will win  and they don't deserve to win.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #987: Jan 10, 2019 11:15:37 am

I dunno.

Maybe your just going soft mate  ;)  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #988: Jan 10, 2019 11:31:38 am

My question is 'what were they trying to prove' ?
      To field such a strong side against a side like Burton is akin to a sledgehammer to a nut analogy, did they think that they were actually in danger of not reaching the final over two legs,
      Why not field a side with more than a few kids and see how they faired, they had the extra security of a second leg incase tits went north,
      It makes no sense whatsoever to completely humiliate those Burton players, totally unnecessary,
      If i were Nigel Clough, id field the Burton ressies in the second leg, why put your players through that again, their confidence is already shattered X9, to a point where it could actually affect their league campaign,

I'm all for seeing plenty goals but, it became embarrassing to watch and in the end i actually felt really sorry for Burton Albion.

YNWA

Quick Reply