Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)

Read 10812 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)
      Jan 07, 2019 10:31:04 pm

Two games in 2019 and two losses. I remember in 08/09, exactly ten years ago, it was January 2009 where the wheels came off. We lost a very tight game against the champions away and the team that played tonight was second string so I'm not worried yet.

City and Spurs will be watching. Lets batter these and open up that gap again!!! 0-4 Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)
      Reply #1: Jan 07, 2019 10:43:22 pm
      Jesus Christ! Can't we get the post match Cup discussion out of the way first!  ;D ;D ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jan 07, 2019 10:46:35 pm
                     Allison

Trent Hooever VVD Robbo

Fab   Gini

Mo        Keita      Mane

Bobby
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3: Jan 07, 2019 11:03:10 pm
                     Allison

Trent Hooever VVD Robbo

Fab   Gini

Mo        Keita      Mane

Bobby

You know Brian I've been thinking about CB and I think I agree mate.

I thought Fabinho was good tonight, the best of the senior players, but I'd like him in midfield so I'd be tempted to play Hoever as well.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2019 12:12:27 am
      Jesus Christ! Can't we get the post match Cup discussion out of the way first!  ;D ;D ;D

No forget about that sh*t show and move on!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2019 12:28:45 am
      Fab at CB and Gini/Hendo in midfield if heā€™s fit. If not then probably Milly and Keita in front of Gini.

Either way I cannot see JĆ¼rgen naming Hoever to start here. Heā€™d be asking a lot of a 16 year old right back to play 90 minutes against Glenn Murray. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2019 12:37:27 am
      Fab at CB and Gini/Hendo in midfield if heā€™s fit. If not then probably Milly and Keita in front of Gini.

Either way I cannot see JĆ¼rgen naming Hoever to start here. Heā€™d be asking a lot of a 16 year old right back to play 90 minutes against Glenn Murray. 

Agreed about Hoever. He might get a place on the bench but I canā€™t see him starting. Virgil will be joined by Fabinho at CB.

Canā€™t see Milly playing, his last 2 appearances have been brutal, doesnā€™t seem like he is fully over that injury IMO. Hendo, Gini and Keita would be my guess.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Jan 08, 2019 02:44:36 am
      Agreed about Hoever. He might get a place on the bench but I canā€™t see him starting. Virgil will be joined by Fabinho at CB.

Canā€™t see Milly playing, his last 2 appearances have been brutal, doesnā€™t seem like he is fully over that injury IMO. Hendo, Gini and Keita would be my guess.

Ready for a sense of normalcy in the schedule to be set, and hope to see our team get a convincing win.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #8: Jan 08, 2019 03:26:37 am
      Nothing but 3 points. It's important that we bounce back after our loss to city. We play before them too so it gives us a great chance to put some pressure on them - they have a tough game against wolves who have done very well against the top teams this season.

A tough place to go Brighton but it's one of those grounds you have to get three points if you're serious about winning the league.

Alisson back in goal please.

Back four of Trent, fabinho, VVD and Robbo.

As Fabinho is playing in my back line then that means Henderson gets the nod in the holding role.

Gini and Keita alongside him please boss.

Usual front three.

Go and get the win lads then sit back with your feet up on Monday night and watch wolves get a point at city.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #9: Jan 08, 2019 05:53:18 am
      First 11 pretty much picks itself eh? Unless we play Lallana to give Shaq a breather and bring him from the bench

Alisson
      Trent Fab Virg Robbo
      Gini Hendo
      Lallana Bobby Mane
      Salah

Subs - Mig :f_steam:, Hoever, Jones, Milner, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge

Would probably put Camacho on bench instead of Milner  if he isnt sold this week.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10: Jan 08, 2019 07:03:57 am
      First 11 pretty much picks itself eh? Unless we play Lallana to give Shaq a breather and bring him from the bench

Alisson
      Trent Fab Virg Robbo
      Gini Hendo
      Lallana Bobby Mane
      Salah

Subs - Mig :f_steam:, Hoever, Jones, Milner, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge

Would probably put Camacho on bench instead of Milner  if he isnt sold this week.

Why would Milner be sold ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11: Jan 08, 2019 09:17:11 am
      I think Hendo at CB and Fab in midfield is a better option.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Jan 08, 2019 09:25:30 am

By the sounds of it, Hendo would have been playing CB vs Wolves but for illness so you could be right. But then at the same time, Fab looked solid there so we could well stick with that.

Best way to get over a couple of bad results is to go out and get a comfortable 3 points, the defeats then become soon forgotten. This is a massively important game, as it every game but we are in a position now where each game is more important than ever. City have Wolves this week, a Wolves team that has taken points off all the ā€œtopā€ teams this season apart from us, a Wolves team that will be high in confidence after knocking us out of the cup so I think there is every chance they come out of that game with a point. To which if they do we need to make sure we are getting our job done and hopefully extending the lead again.

Hopefully we can rip these apart like we did on the final day of last season, the game against them earlier on in the season was a really poor performance and we were lucky to get the win so letā€™s blow these away like we know the team is more than capable of.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #13: Jan 08, 2019 11:54:08 am

Hendo at CB does allow the vastly liked Fab-Gini double pivot behind the front 4. And Echo has just voiced the same thing.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #14: Jan 08, 2019 12:17:16 pm
      No way Hoever starts this for me. The lad deserves huge credit for coming in and doing a job against Wolves but, as is expected at just 16 years of age, he had some very shaky moments and made things far more difficult than they needed to be. It was a strange game last night and Wolves did not take advantage of our makeshift defence, very rarely showing any desire to attack. The tempo will be completely different on Saturday. As I say no disrespect, Iā€™m sure he will go on to do great things here but would be a big mistake to start him in my opinion.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #15: Jan 08, 2019 12:51:36 pm
      No way Hoever starts this for me. The lad deserves huge credit for coming in and doing a job against Wolves but, as is expected at just 16 years of age, he had some very shaky moments and made things far more difficult than they needed to be. It was a strange game last night and Wolves did not take advantage of our makeshift defence, very rarely showing any desire to attack. The tempo will be completely different on Saturday. As I say no disrespect, Iā€™m sure he will go on to do great things here but would be a big mistake to start him in my opinion.

^^^^^^
      This allday
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Jan 08, 2019 01:22:36 pm
      Hendo at CB does allow the vastly liked Fab-Gini double pivot behind the front 4. And Echo has just voiced the same thing.

I've long thought that Hendo would make a pretty decent CB, but Alisson might get annoyed at getting the ball passed back to him all the time ;-)

In all seriousness whether we go for Hendo or Fabinho as CB we should be OK and if the team hit their stride again, which there is no reason why they wouldn't, then we should beat Brighton fairly easily, I certainly bloody hope so as loss or draw would be very bad.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Jan 08, 2019 01:40:44 pm
      Tough banana skin type game. A clean sheet seems unlikely with all the disruption back there, but if the front 3 clicks and takes their chances they should fire us to 3 points.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #18: Jan 08, 2019 02:01:34 pm

I think he means Camacho, some rumor he going out on loan to Porto.

Edited: Sporting CP, not Porto
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2019 02:20:08 pm by skolRED »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #19: Jan 08, 2019 02:15:30 pm
      He obviously did not mean Milner. That's obvious.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2019 02:49:38 pm
      You know Brian I've been thinking about CB and I think I agree mate.

I thought Fabinho was good tonight, the best of the senior players, but I'd like him in midfield so I'd be tempted to play Hoever as well.

The temptation is over after I slept on it.

It's easy to get a bit giddy with excitement after a kid plays so well but it's obviously going to be Fabinho or Hendo partnering Virgil.

As much as I'd want to get Fabinho in midfield he's the more natural fit for CB than Hendo so for me that's what I'd do.

Allison

Trent   Fabinho   Van Dijk   Robertson

Henderson

Gini    Keita

Salah    Firmino    Mane

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2019 03:23:50 pm

Spot on.

Be interesting to see if he is competing for a spot in the 18 next season as he does look promising, and there may be no choice but to include him on the bench Saturday, but once Matip and Gomez are back that should be the end of his playing for the first team this seaeson.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2019 03:26:43 pm
      The other thing about Saturday and more generallly our chances at success this season. Naby Keita will really need to more of a presence in midfield. He shows bits and pieces, but Klopp mentions he needs to be more confident. Don't know if he's carrying an injury or something, but I think he is key ingredient for having a midfield that creates chances. Here's hoping he rises to the occasion.

Quick Reply