Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)

Read 10950 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)
      Reply #69: Jan 10, 2019 12:11:22 pm
      Look at city game anginst bitters be move same with scum if city get into fc cup quarter finals sadly both teams nothing play for come end of season will bend over city let win same with Cardiff manger will roll over city, l feel we come second in league just too much bad luck same go against us in try win premier league
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #70: Jan 10, 2019 12:12:30 pm
      Never taught l say these but scum winning against spurs will be good for us long their chance top 4
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #71: Jan 10, 2019 12:12:58 pm
      Their try beat city if got chance top 4
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #72: Jan 10, 2019 12:38:11 pm
      Popular prediction a 3  0 win to the Reds, coming away with all three points. Settle for that score line, keeping us at least 4 points clear at the top.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #73: Jan 10, 2019 12:44:06 pm
      Wouldn’t mind seeing something like this. Keita was not at the races on Monday but that whole game was a shambles. Of course, Shaqiri has a good shout but would like someone like him on the bench if the game needs changing (which of course it won’t).

NB: Team no longer available

I like this team best, but maybe not the formation. Of course as you watch, you realize we don't so much have a formation when it  comes to the front five or six (Henderson and Fab might swap places as well). I like Mo and Sadio both to be on the outside, but at any rate, this is the xi I hope for, and I agree that Shaq is more effective for us as a sub.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Jan 10, 2019 12:45:55 pm
                                  Alisson
             Trent Fabinho Virgil Robertson
                    Henderson  Wijnaldom
                 Shaqiri    Firmino      Mane
                                   Salah

Not a bad wee side is Brighton,  on their day they can do some serious damage to anyone,  alas though, unfortunately for them, their facing a slightly wounded animal in this season's Champions Elect,  ie, f***in us,
      We have a few problems at the back but even so, we should have enough wherewithal to deal with your Glen Murray's of this world,

Chris Hughton will have them well organised as usual but the onus is on them to come out and play, but will they ?

Can only see us winning,  we've had our blip so lets move on and re-ignite another winning streak.

0-3 Champions Elect

YNWA

Please let them come out and play. 0-3 Champions Elect indeed.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #75: Jan 10, 2019 01:23:03 pm
                                  Alisson
             Trent Fabinho Virgil Robertson
                    Henderson  Wijnaldom
                 Shaqiri    Firmino      Mane
                                   Salah

Not a bad wee side is Brighton,  on their day they can do some serious damage to anyone,  alas though, unfortunately for them, their facing a slightly wounded animal in this season's Champions Elect,  ie, f***in us,
      We have a few problems at the back but even so, we should have enough wherewithal to deal with your Glen Murray's of this world,

Chris Hughton will have them well organised as usual but the onus is on them to come out and play, but will they ?

Can only see us winning,  we've had our blip so lets move on and re-ignite another winning streak.

0-3 Champions Elect

YNWA

No Shaq for me think Keita needs games to get going sitting on his arse won’t get him into form , think Shaq is better used as a sub , to be a main starter for us I think you have to put in more effort than he did the other night . Other than that think your team will be what we will see barring injury of course .
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #76: Jan 10, 2019 01:31:19 pm
      I think the team picks itself apart from whether to go with Shaq or Keita. I’d go with Shaqiri simply because he’s in better form and has got vital goals and assists. Keita has to impress more, he has shown few glimpses of talent but doesn’t do it enough; he’s had 18 appearances this season and doesn’t have a goal or assist to show for it.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #77: Jan 10, 2019 02:46:23 pm
      No Shaq for me think Keita needs games to get going sitting on his arse won’t get him into form , think Shaq is better used as a sub , to be a main starter for us I think you have to put in more effort than he did the other night . Other than that think your team will be what we will see barring injury of course .

Agree mate. Especially Shaq is now our only one who when sub in he can offer magnificent positive if we want goal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #78: Jan 10, 2019 02:55:18 pm
      Just win - 3 points will be MASSIVE!!!

exactly and if its 1-0 or 10-0 it will still only be 3 points perspective would be a good word to use over the next few weeks.
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts | 37 
      Reply #79: Jan 10, 2019 03:30:59 pm
      Huge game...a reaction is needed after the city and to a lesser extent the wolves defeat. Win and we are back in the groove....loose or draw and major doubts will be raised.

I think the league shows if you are not on your A game you can get beat by anyone.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #80: Jan 10, 2019 05:31:49 pm
      Please let them come out and play. 0-3 Champions Elect indeed.

Don't let them score,clean sheets mean a lot...
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #81: Jan 10, 2019 05:41:41 pm
      They are a tough team at home so I can understand why some people are wary going into this game on the back of 2 losses. If we want to prove we are capable of winning the title when results don't go our way we can bounce back with a winning run which needs to start on Saturday. As far as the line-up goes I think would go with Ketia as oppose to Shaqiri since we may need some help for Gini/Hendo at times. I would have Shaqiri off the bench if needed (hope we don't) and look for him to start in the home fixtures vs Palace/Leicester.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #82: Jan 10, 2019 06:02:40 pm
      Back to business here, our hand is forced at CB and RB. Hoever was a shining light against Wolves when dropped in the deep end, but I would be surprised to see him start here. The front three is straight forward I feel but the interesting part will be in midfield. We’re not playing a pub team here, they will have looked at the City game, seen their plan in flooding the midfield and pressing the right side of defense. While I understand that that was based on Lovren being in there, whoever starts there is going to be relatively unfamiliar with the role and there isn’t going to be much of a partnership with Trent, naturally. So for me the key is going to be in who helps cover without taking away our threat.

I can see them coming out and being aggressive, not stupidly trying to bombard us, but stepping out, pressing, trying to keep us high up the pitch but they will be rigid and well drilled. To control the game we will need to control the midfield, Gini has stepped up to another level this season and I don’t buy into this idea that Henderson is the worst player in the football league, a game like this will suit him perfectly, play both him and Gini in a deeper role, let them set the tempo on the ball and give us the industry and work to win it back when they’re in possession.

Aside from the youngsters on Monday, and an out of position Fabinho, the most impressive of the senior players for me was Shaqiri. He was starved of the ball but he always showed for it, he was the only one with a bit of movement up top and off the ball he put in a real shift. With Fabinho dropping back that frees up a spot in the middle and I think he might suit this one nicely. I’m not completely shitting on the Wijnaldum-Henderson-Milner midfield after one bad game, I just think we can afford to be more direct and faster in this one.

NB: Team no longer available

The front three... even four here, are very much interchangeable. I just like the idea of Firmino leading the line and leading the press, Salah and Mane can be lethal from wide as we know well and I think Shaqiri in a deeper attacking role could suit him. He can drive with the ball from deep and he can arrive late, the question to be answered here is is his passing up to scratch to feed the other three. If not, switch him wide and let Salah or Firmino play in the hole.

I’m not worried about this as such, no more than I have been about any game. The City game was an all out war and lost on the finest of margins, we were hardly outclassed. The Wolves game was a risk we had to take and it cost us, no one is hiding from that, that team won’t be playing together again so it’s hardly a reflection of where we are.

All going to plan I see us winning, I see goals in that side and I see a clean sheet. I’m going for a 2-0, Firmino and Shaqiri for me. Back to business Reds, let’s do it.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #83: Jan 10, 2019 06:42:25 pm
      The form of Nabby Keita is a worry. I honestly thought he would've made his mark by now. I was excited by the prospect of him coming here but so far it hasn't worked.

I think he does sometimes take an extra touch, also he needs to get a bit higher, try and get into the box a bit more. He can still be a big hit here but the club won't wait forever. With Alex hopefully coming back before the end of the season Keita needs to up his game.

He will likely be on the bench V Brighton. Could be he is just that one great goal away from believing in himself. Get higher Nabby...get into the box and it might happen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #84: Jan 10, 2019 06:44:54 pm

Understand where your at mate regarding Shaq, same could be said of Naby too, i feel though that Shaq just offers more going forward and can see a pass or a wee flick that puts Mo or Bobby through on goal,
      Naby as yet hasn't mastered his final pass and more often than not his forays going forward come to nothing,
      You are correct that Shaq is a good impact sub but in recent weeks we've been short in creactivity from midfield and Shaq gives us a wee bit more than say Gini, Jimmy or Jordan can,
      Each to their own buddy, Naby is still settling in for me, he'll be much better next season,  some settle quicker than others, the lad is quality no doubt about that,  for the rest of this season though i think Jürgen will ease him in from the bench,  and build his confidence up that way rather than from the start and perhaps being disappointing .

YNWA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #85: Jan 10, 2019 06:45:24 pm
      The form of Nabby Keita is a worry. I honestly thought he would've made his mark by now. I was excited by the prospect of him coming here but so far it hasn't worked.

I think he does sometimes take an extra touch, also he needs to get a bit higher, try and get into the box a bit more. He can still be a big hit here but the club won't wait forever. With Alex hopefully coming back before the end of the season Keita needs to up his game.

He will likely be on the bench V Brighton. Could be he is just that one great goal away from believing in himself. Get higher Nabby...get into the box and it might happen.

I think the majority of us thought he would have taken his game to the next level by now. I still don't agree with his role and feel that is one of the reasons hindering him.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #86: Jan 10, 2019 06:56:01 pm
      I think the majority of us thought he would have taken his game to the next level by now. I still don't agree with his role and feel that is one of the reasons hindering him.

I think he's to deep.Knocking around the half way line to much and he has lost possession once or twice. He needs to use his power and strength up there where it counts. Shaq has shown that and has got on the end of a few. Nabby needs to get among them. Bull into a china shop. Attack the box, go for it. Get into the mix with the front 3.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #87: Jan 10, 2019 07:06:18 pm
      Alisson; Trent, Fabinho, VVD, Robertson; Gini, Hendo, Keita; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Time to see what this lot are made of, big big game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #88: Jan 10, 2019 07:08:39 pm
      I think he's to deep.Knocking around the half way line to much and he has lost possession once or twice. He needs to use his power and strength up there where it counts. Shaq has shown that and has got on the end of a few. Nabby needs to get among them. Bull into a china shop. Attack the box, go for it. Get into the mix with the front 3.

I think he has been used more as a ML/AML. He was at his best in a midfield 2 where he was more central and controlling through the middle. He is a hub player for me (double #6.5 / #6), not a left midfielder or a pure attacking midfielder that plays between the lines or half space.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #89: Jan 10, 2019 07:14:04 pm
      It's Keita's composure that lets him down. Instead of getting the ball and thinking I have to do something right now, he should take a touch... way up his options.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #90: Jan 10, 2019 07:19:35 pm
      It's dribbling and balance and an eye for a pass never going to spray long balls or sprint past people so needs a position to reflect that
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #91: Jan 10, 2019 07:49:27 pm
      It's Keita's composure that lets him down. Instead of getting the ball and thinking I have to do something right now, he should take a touch... way up his options.

But a player with his power and strength should be supporting the attack, getting at them from 10 or so yards from the box and take it on and support the front 3 better. He will cause no end of problems if he plays with more strength of purpose. He needs to get in there...and mean it.

Klopp should tell him to get higher, support the front 3. He tells Shaq to do that and Shaq plays with an urgency. He means it, he wants to get in there. Nabby needs to impose his strength on the fecking thing. He needs to be confident in his abilities and get out there and show it.

Quick Reply