Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32748 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Jan 12, 2019 04:57:40 pm
      Motm has to be Fab. And in all fairness Hendo did very well.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #392: Jan 12, 2019 04:58:03 pm
      My god, keita is so poor is truly unbelievable, he nearly cost us.

A long way off the player we thought we were getting
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #393: Jan 12, 2019 04:58:31 pm
      Get in boys top win . Wore them down and defended well when needed. Thought Robbo was MOM but a very professional display from the team . Massive 3 points sit back and enjoy it boys this is going to be some ride.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #394: Jan 12, 2019 04:59:18 pm
      Bloody hell that was a bit nervy at the end, but in reality they weren't really ever that close to scoring and we should have had a few more as well.
      Very good result and valuable 3 points.

OVER TO YOU SPURS AND CITEH!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #395: Jan 12, 2019 04:59:19 pm
      so who is the best? There were only 2 teams in that. It's funny when people try to correct people but in fact talk rubbish...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #396: Jan 12, 2019 04:59:32 pm
      how many points clear Len

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #397: Jan 12, 2019 05:01:07 pm

He really needs to pick up speed. It is 1/2 way into the season and he's still trying to get use. How long more??? I nearly fell of my chair when he lost possession near to our box. Had Brighton been sharper we would be in deep sh*t.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #398: Jan 12, 2019 05:01:20 pm
      My god, keita is so poor is truly unbelievable, he nearly cost us.

He was foolish to concede possession by assuming a foul. Klopp should have just left it as it was, 1 minute of normal time to go.

Seven points clear.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #399: Jan 12, 2019 05:01:23 pm

IN fairness to Keita, its not easy when you are thrown into a game like that in the last few minutes with the home team pressing like Brighton did. Lets give Keita a proper sequence of games before we write him off, plenty of others made sloppy passes today as well, in fact it was a bit of a sloppy performance all round, but we did more than enough to deserve the 3 points.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #400: Jan 12, 2019 05:01:32 pm
      Really a moment of magic from Salah was the difference.

Shaqiri missed a very good chance with that header.
      Firmino just not getting at the end of that ball in the first half.
      Mane with a good chance that he fluffed with his left foot.
      Salah missing an absolute sitter.
      Firmino getting into a very good shooting position and shooting it straight at the goalkeeper.

Yes, a moment of magic from Salah decided it, but we created plenty of chances to score one or two other than that.

Mate, it was his first touch. A bad one, but that doesn't tell alot about his abilities.
      when he was at rbl, he was a beast of a player. Honestly a complete midfielder with everything. If only we can get him to play at that level again.

I watched him occasionally for RB Leipzig, mate. I know how good he was or rather can be, but he hasn't shown anything near the quality he showed for RB Leipzig yet for us. He was good against Palace, Spurs and for that half against Burnley. Other than that he has been pretty bang average and is being pushed off the ball far too easily. He seems to have lost that steel he showed for RB Leipzig where he picked up the occasional red card. It's very likely a confidence issue, but on current form, he shouldn't be near the starting eleven in my opinion. Show what you can when given the time as a substitute and fight your way into the team. He is not doing that at the moment.

All in all, a very mature game against a team with the best defensive record bar the top six teams and it showed. They defended superbly well.

Either Robertson or Firmino my MOTM.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #401: Jan 12, 2019 05:01:35 pm
      Fully deserved win. Not a classic but Liverpool played the honest stuff and only a thick piece of sh*t would say we didn't deserve that. Disappointed by Brighton's antics today in having the nerve to complain about hand balls given against them and spitting fury at how them elbowing Liverpool players in the face was flagged up for a foul. Cynical bullshit that their fans totally bought.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #402: Jan 12, 2019 05:02:35 pm
      Calm. Composed. Champions-elect.

Get in.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #403: Jan 12, 2019 05:02:39 pm
      YAAAAAS! GET IN!!! BIG RESULT THAT! Imperious defence today!

The one huge positive was Fab back there. Until Keita came on we looked like we could go all night without conceding. Keita caused us a few headaches but one way or another Trent dealt with it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #404: Jan 12, 2019 05:02:40 pm
      16 points clear of CL qualifying position...what a season this is shaping up to be
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #405: Jan 12, 2019 05:02:43 pm
      Methodical win, but 0-1 is always tricky.

Keita looks lost, his mistake gave Brighton its best chance. I am borderline to call him a bust. Fab looks better with every game. Somehow we lost our swagger from December, it looked awfully uncreative (again) on midfield & offense. But I hope Jürgen can get them back on track. 7 points again to City, keep the pressure on them, the Wolves are able to upset them.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #406: Jan 12, 2019 05:03:26 pm
      Fab played very well as a make shift defender. He blocked a few dangerous goal bound shots and crosses. That is enough for me to give him the motm.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #407: Jan 12, 2019 05:03:45 pm
      Jeez, that does your box in  ,lager anyone
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #408: Jan 12, 2019 05:04:04 pm

Keita looks lost, his mistake gave Brighton its best chance. I am borderline to call him a bust. Fab looks better with every game. Somehow we lost our swagger from December, it looked awfully uncreative (again) on midfield & offense. But I hope Jürgen can get them back on track. 7 points again to City, keep the pressure on them, the Wolves are able to upset them.

Just wait until I pull up all your posts earlier on in the season going 'Keita - WOW' and screaming like the big pathetic manchild that you are about why Klopp wasn't playing him.

Fickle f**k at best, moron at worst you are.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #409: Jan 12, 2019 05:04:13 pm
      Much needed win after 2 defeats in the last week. This game was never easy so it’s a well fought 3 points, Brighton have been good at home this season.
      First half Salah was nowhere to be seen but the second half he dominated, no idea how he missed that chance at the end though. Got lucky because we were looking a bit shaky after that miss.

Trent done well to shake off the injury and I think it’s the best game he’s had for a while. He was better defensively, looked more disciplined and was nowhere near as sloppy on possession as he often is, not man of the match but I’d say he’s up there with the contenders.

7 points clear now and City have faltered playing after us in recent games so let’s hope it’s the same because Wolves are a much stronger side than leicester and Palace.

Done our job and now onto the next game. It’s great how much better a win makes things seem after a couple of bad results.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #410: Jan 12, 2019 05:04:28 pm
      I watched him occasionally for RB Leipzig, mate. I know how good he was or rather can be, but he hasn't shown anything near the quality he showed for RB Leipzig yet for us. He was good against Palace, Spurs and for that half against Burnley. Other than that he has been pretty bang average and is being pushed off the ball far too easily. He seems to have lost that steel he showed for RB Leipzig where he picked up the occasional red card. It's very likely a confidence issue, but on current form, he shouldn't be near the starting eleven in my opinion. Show what you can when given the time as a substitute and fight your way into the team. He is not doing that at the moment.

Or does he think he has made it after becoming a Liverpool player?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #411: Jan 12, 2019 05:04:56 pm
      Fab played very well as a make shift defender. He blocked a few dangerous goal bound shots and crosses. That is enough for me to give him the motm.

Yeah, he was very good today, and now that Matip is back, I would love to see Fab back in midfield next game!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #412: Jan 12, 2019 05:05:26 pm

Brighton are a very good team at home, that was an impressive result and if we'd been a bit sharper it would have been very comfortable for us. very happy that we managed a clean sheet as well, Fabinho is definitely an ok option as emergency CB.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #413: Jan 12, 2019 05:05:32 pm
      MOTM...

Hard one for me...

TAA...played though the pain after a warm up injury, and looked at times to struggle, but got his head down and never gave up

Fab'... played well a CB and looked very decent, like TAA made some vital interceptions

Salah... wins the penalty and then slots it away

Mane... work hard and relentlessly as he usually does

TAA edges it for me

Quick Reply