Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32659 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Jan 12, 2019 05:47:21 pm
      I think we'll be much stronger once getting Fabinho back into the mid.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #461: Jan 12, 2019 05:52:42 pm
      Chris Houghton has no problems with our penalty and didn't even mention them having a shout. JĂźrgen honest as ever saying first half not so good but second half really disciplined and focused . The patience and concentration this team has is just incredible they never panic and have confidence in each other. Palace at home next.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,258 posts | 1390 
      Reply #462: Jan 12, 2019 05:54:36 pm
      I made Robbo MOTM. He was always available, never played a poor pass and came under a bit of pressure second half, which he dealt with,so I went for him. Work rate is amazing. Been fantastic since he came in and does it week in week out.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #463: Jan 12, 2019 05:58:19 pm
      I made Robbo MOTM. He was always available, never played a poor pass and came under a bit of pressure second half, which he dealt with,so I went for him. Work rate is amazing. Been fantastic since he came in and does it week in week out.

Ditto
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #464: Jan 12, 2019 05:59:21 pm
      Agreed, I thought it was a Brighton player who’s arm the ball hit.

It definitely hit the Brighton player's arm. Might have hit Virgil's as well, but it was accidental either way. Both their arms were up cos they were jumping, completely natural position, and the ball glanced off Virgil's head. Never a penalty.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #465: Jan 12, 2019 05:59:34 pm
      City have had two exhibitions games this week lets see how they do against a very good Wolves team who like to counter attack.
      Its hard not to get too far ahead of ourselves and we are going to have the odd set back but its going to be close isn't it. The pressure is on City tomorrow to keep up the pace with the Mighty Reds
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #466: Jan 12, 2019 05:59:41 pm

Aye, without the lads at the back churning out cleansheets, we wouldn't be where we are, and Robbo plays a big part in it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #467: Jan 12, 2019 05:59:54 pm
      Looked like a possible handball by vvd but no one of brighton really complained

It wasn’t - the arm it hit was Locadia’s......off of VVD’s head.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #468: Jan 12, 2019 06:02:17 pm
      It wasn’t - the arm it hit was Locadia’s......off of VVD’s head.

Yeah just seen it again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #469: Jan 12, 2019 06:05:33 pm

Easy one to give though.

Joe Jordan at Anfield Scotland vs Wales Oct 1977 at Anfield......
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #470: Jan 12, 2019 06:07:04 pm
      Crap game, but 3 points against a well organised team that was hard to break down.

I don't give a F**k about anything but the points.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #471: Jan 12, 2019 06:16:44 pm
      Glad we got the goal early in the second,never a doubt after that.The pissing and moaning about every f***in call by their supporters when ya team has hardly had a sniff at goal,F**k off.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #472: Jan 12, 2019 06:17:06 pm
      Crap game, but 3 points against a well organised team that was hard to break down.

I don't give a F**k about anything but the points.

Didn't see the game as I was working but expected a difficult enough day today and like you say the points are what matters.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #473: Jan 12, 2019 06:18:57 pm
      Easy one to give though.

Joe Jordan at Anfield Scotland vs Wales Oct 1977 at Anfield......

Just imagine if rib was in charge of VAR. Discussion would go on for hours, possibly days
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #474: Jan 12, 2019 06:19:06 pm
      City have had two exhibitions games this week lets see how they do against a very good Wolves team who like to counter attack.
      Its hard not to get too far ahead of ourselves and we are going to have the odd set back but its going to be close isn't it. The pressure is on City tomorrow to keep up the pace with the Mighty Reds

Agree with all the positive points about our performance, but I fully expect City to win comfortably at home. Expecting no more favors from them, but we have the group to win this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #475: Jan 12, 2019 06:19:56 pm
      Didn't see the game as I was working but expected a difficult enough day today and like you say the points are what matters.

It wasn't one I'd recommend watching again, but I'll probably do it anyway  :laugh:

We created enough to win more comfortably, even though Brighton were very well organised and really tough to break down.
      Very little space, and they really closed out our passing lanes and options.
      You could see they'd worked really hard on those things in training.

3 more points and we go again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #476: Jan 12, 2019 06:22:26 pm
      Agree with all the positive points about our performance, but I fully expect City to win comfortably at home. Expecting no more favors from them, but we have the group to win this.

Not expecting City to collapse but sometimes after really big wins you can get an odd result Wolves are a good team so I don't think it will be an easy win for them
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #477: Jan 12, 2019 06:23:50 pm
      Loved Henderson in that second half, really stepped up along with Gini. Brighton couldn't get going apart from one little spurt at the end.

When Milner came on, Hendo had more freedom to press/move higher up, and that's where I thought he stepped it up.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #478: Jan 12, 2019 06:31:45 pm
      It was very telling that some people were very vocal when we were at nil nil - goal went in - silence from them , game finishes , most post in celebration, the same very vocal return with posts of “if” and “ref helped us” “ lucky “ etc etc etc

I
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #479: Jan 12, 2019 06:34:43 pm
      It was very telling that some people were very vocal when we were at nil nil - goal went in - silence from them , game finishes , most post in celebration, the same very vocal return with posts of “if” and “ref helped us” “ lucky “ etc etc etc

I

you mean the Attention seekers group.
      Today should be just pure celebration not F***ing picking holes in the players or the Refs decisions. When I watch LFCTV and see them praising Henderson's contribution I always smile knowingly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #480: Jan 12, 2019 06:45:46 pm

I
      we scraped a 1-0 win with a penalty, we were fortunate with decisions even though they were correct. Brighton are 13th in the league and we only had a few shots on target. I'm thinking we'll do better next game than 1-0 anyway.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #481: Jan 12, 2019 06:46:11 pm
      Expecting no more favors from them, but we have the group to win this.

Yep - they've had their blip. Not sure if there'll be another  [hope they do].  Think they'll beat Wolves comfortably.  We just need to try maintain the gap.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #482: Jan 12, 2019 07:03:31 pm
      Yep - they've had their blip. Not sure if there'll be another  [hope they do].  Think they'll beat Wolves comfortably.  We just need to try maintain the gap.

I definitely think Citeh will drop more points just down to having more games to play, I would not be that surprised if Wolves can take some points off them.

Quick Reply