Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5665 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,806 posts | 3444 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #625: Jan 14, 2019 06:36:17 pm
      Not talking about getting higher, talking about playing better... What so wrong in wanting that...?

We are playing better, just it's now defensively or haven't you noticed all those clean sheets.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,011 posts | 390 
      Reply #626: Jan 14, 2019 06:54:32 pm

Out on our own,we're having a moan.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #627: Jan 14, 2019 06:57:22 pm
      We are playing better, just it's now defensively or haven't you noticed all those clean sheets.
      Yeah we are, but at the cost of our attacking play, front three are playing better than they were early season but still struggling compered to last season... Just wonder  how much our change in style has anything to do with it
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,769 posts | 1641 
      Reply #628: Jan 14, 2019 06:59:27 pm
      Henderson is sh*te. Won't get a game for any of the other top 6 or any other top European club.

Is that a fact or your opinion?, as you seem to degrade others opinion but state yours as the truth.

Probably what FL is referring to btw.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,037 posts | 393 
      Reply #629: Jan 14, 2019 06:59:51 pm
      Sorry mate but this post is complete and utter bollocks of a reply.
      If this is your genuine reply to my post with the stats then why did you initially, and wrongly I add, make the comparison about our chances and conversion this year compared to last? If we are looking at it as you say - different players and a different system why did you make the comment about us not being as clinical with more chances being created? So if my post isn’t relevant then yours certainly isn’t seeing as you were making incorrect comparisons, regardless of players and system.

Game set and match
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,037 posts | 393 
      Reply #630: Jan 14, 2019 07:02:55 pm
      Henderson is sh*te. Won't get a game for any of the other top 6 or any other top European club.

When we play title deciders, finals and any other big game he shouldn't be starting because he's not that level.

I'm glad more and more reds are seeing this now and I believe klopp knows it too and if it wasn't for injuries and Keita struggling to hit the ground running then we would have seen less of him.

And ah, that famous 'well klopp thinks this so I think it too'.  Bore off lad you sheep. Why do you bother coming on here then? Just to say that? How f**king boring are you?

Get an opinion yourself and have something interesting to say for once.

More insults
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,037 posts | 393 
      Reply #631: Jan 14, 2019 07:04:07 pm
      Who are you referring to?

Because the posts I read are anything but a wind up. It's just sensible and interesting input.

We didn't play well on Saturday did we? So let's talk about it.

This 'let's ignore the performance because we are top' is just childish. Look at how many people cry over it and get their little knickers in a twist. Supposed to be grown fellers and they're acting like little 8 year olds.  Funnily enough I have a son who is 8 and he wouldn't spit his dummy out like half of the idiots on here. I feel embarrassed for some of them. I can just imagine they sleep in Liverpool pyjamas and Liverpool bedding. Need to grow up Ffs.

Yes we're top. Yes we're having a wonderful league campaign. Yes our defence has been magnificent all season. Yes Brighton away is a very tough game and one which I said so myself in the Pre match thread that we wouldn't blow them away - far from it. BUT we can STILL talk about the performance not being great you know, and anyone who gets offended or shouts the people down who do talk about it are f**king dick heads in my opinion.  Childish idiots.

More insults - blimey they are just flowing tonigh
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,806 posts | 3444 
      Reply #632: Jan 14, 2019 07:20:52 pm
      Made up with the result, proper league winning performance. And let's be honest they never really unduly worried us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,806 posts | 3444 
      Reply #633: Jan 14, 2019 07:22:14 pm
      Yeah we are, but at the cost of our attacking play, front three are playing better than they were early season but still struggling compered to last season... Just wonder  how much our change in style has anything to do with it

And yet that change has seen us concede less goals. I'm f**king made up with the way we're playing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,037 posts | 393 
      Reply #634: Jan 14, 2019 07:33:22 pm

Struggling our way to the top of the table - they aren’t “struggling” at all - teams have set up a little different against us and Klopp has adjusted things slightly to find a better balance. The front three are doing their jobs and playing well just as the middle three are and the back four are - the tactics being employed right now have us sat a top of the table with our own destiny in head. There is no “cost” - notbing is being sacrificed- Klopp and his team are trying to win the league here

Now you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smiley

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #635: Jan 14, 2019 08:48:37 pm
      And yet that change has seen us concede less goals. I'm f**king made up with the way we're playing.
      Was it the  change  style or the change in player... Karius for Allison... Lovren, Matip, Klavan,Moreno for VVD, Lovren, Gomez,Robertson (Moreno started a fair few of that twenty two games)

Midfield the addition of Fab'
      Better defenders... As I have said 7KK7 stat would be more valid if they were with the same set of players playing both systems
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #636: Jan 14, 2019 08:48:58 pm
      Struggling our way to the top of the table - they aren’t “struggling” at all - teams have set up a little different against us and Klopp has adjusted things slightly to find a better balance. The front three are doing their jobs and playing well just as the middle three are and the back four are - the tactics being employed right now have us sat a top of the table with our own destiny in head. There is no “cost” - notbing is being sacrificed- Klopp and his team are trying to win the league here

Now you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smiley

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,813 posts | 1815 
      Reply #637: Jan 14, 2019 08:51:16 pm
      Was it the  change  style or the change in player...

Both

But don't think without the change of player then we could make the change in formation

Let's not pretend they're one in the same thing.

And you can't take either away from the manager
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #638: Jan 14, 2019 08:56:51 pm
      I'm f**king made up with the way we're playing.
      So am I , it is just that i want to see us playing better...

I don't want to see us going in the games hoping we can hold City, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd Bayern , Barca Or Real, I want us going into those games with them hoping that they can hold us...

I want us to be really feared

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #639: Jan 14, 2019 08:58:44 pm
      Both

But don't think without the change of player then we could make the change in formation

Let's not pretend they're one in the same thing.

And you can't take either away from the manager
      Quite correct
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,813 posts | 1815 
      Reply #640: Jan 14, 2019 08:59:39 pm
      So am I , it is just that i want to see us playing better...

I don't want to see us going in the games hoping we can hold City, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd Bayern , Barca Or Real, I want us going into those games with them hoping that they can hold us...

I want us to be really feared

We are feared you nut

Have you heard players and manager's talk about us?

We've had to adapt to become better, City play pretty much the same way against every one they play apart from us because they're scared what we can do to them

Teams don't come out against us as much now because we will take them apart toe to toe so we've had to adapt to that.

Believe me if teams took us on we would still play the same way but they don't
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,827 posts | 789 
      • YNWA
      Reply #641: Jan 14, 2019 10:12:19 pm
      Who are you referring to?

Because the posts I read are anything but a wind up. It's just sensible and interesting input.

Whoever I was replying to, Reid I think.

Seriously though - the recent stuff in this thread about us not being good enough etc. - sensible and interesting? C'mon.

Throwing a random statement out then trying to back it up, while completely ignoring *CONTEXT* just gets annoying. Comes across as complaining for the sake of it  ... ie.  winding up.

Opinions on Hendo differ, and that's fine - it's subjective. But the FACT is we are top of the table by 4 points. So to be constantly banging on about how we should be doing better - OK, you're entitled to the opinion - but don't expect too many people to agree, or take you seriously when making it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,037 posts | 393 
      Reply #642: Jan 15, 2019 09:25:22 am

Went the childish route - seems that’s the token way when you are shown to be talking complete horse sh*te

Will give you a  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: as a last word and awaiting your next tranche of complete nonsense
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,447 posts | 1180 
      Reply #643: Jan 15, 2019 11:25:30 am
      We are feared you nut

Have you heard players and manager's talk about us?

We've had to adapt to become better, City play pretty much the same way against every one they play apart from us because they're scared what we can do to them

Teams don't come out against us as much now because we will take them apart toe to toe so we've had to adapt to that.

Believe me if teams took us on we would still play the same way but they don't

This is bang on. Opposition sides are playing differently, that's not to say that they have figured us out but I think Klopp is having to make some adjustments (and we have already seen these with Mo playing as an out and out number 9 in some games this season which has changed Firmino's role in the side also). City stumbled on to a nice method of playing against in that they really pressed our midfield three but had their full-backs stay home and deny the space that Mo and Mane normally like to run into. Naturally we will see others try to do the same thing.

Also, we still had games last season (and that was with Coutinho in the side) where the oppo parked the bus and we lacked the creativity to make the most of the possession we had. At times that has been the case this season as well so I think it's a myth to say we just rolled teams over last year playing a certain style.

To be honest i'm just loving the fact we can fookin defend!!! It has been so so long since we've been able to have any sort of confidence in keeping clean sheets but this season we have defended as spectacularly as we attacked in the previous season. And as my sason ticket holder City mate keeps telling me 'the City defence is Bobbins'. When the games get tight (which they will) i'd rather have our backline than theirs.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #644: Jan 15, 2019 11:38:27 am
      Went the childish route - seems that’s the token way when you are shown to be talking complete horse sh*te

Will give you a  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: as a last word and awaiting your next tranche of complete nonsense

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,984 posts | 907 
      Reply #645: Jan 15, 2019 01:56:11 pm

There is a reason I chose not to converse with you. It is the way that you insult bully and abuse other posters like Rib’ in particular, but there are others…

Unlike most here there are a few of you who believe that they have the right address others with different views to there own  by insulting them, and telling them that they should go post elsewhere, or support some other team, like if you get to decide how others show there support for the club…

Most of your post to the people you disagree with start with and insult and normal ends no better. You and others here take almost ever opportunity to actively pursue and abuse others on this forum to shell out your special brand of insults and abuse…

With me, I can take that sh*t all day, had plenty in the past, and if I am honest; some of it justified. But when I see it done to others for no other reason than the person doing it is just a vile, nasty, and ignorant excuse for a human being it sicken me and makes me angry.

People have different views in all walks of life and people will disagree from time to time. It upsets me and I feel angry when I see people changing their views just to avoid abuse from others here or anywhere… It use to make me made would I saw a young kid form somewhere like Turkey how had arrived in the country recently wearing and England football shirt with Gerrard’s number on the back believing that it would help him fit in and therefore would be open to abuse less from people like you…

I disagree with plenty people here one or four of them are just like you, insulting, abusive, bulling… While other here occasional will come across as insulting, abusive, are not, Why..? Because unlike you and those other four; they will target the point made, and not the person making it.

People Kopite78, LondonRed83, Scotia 7-King Kenny-7, Magillionare, Frankly, Mr Shankly, waltonl4 and others here, (but these people I have named in particular) who I have had heated debates with argue the points instead of attacking the person. That is why I will always respect the views. I may not agree with them be I respect those view and them as people…

You on the other hand…. That is why I do not really reply to you, and just give you a smile face; (The face is my way of say that I am ignoring you) it’s not because as you believe you have scored a win in the debate or said something that can not be argued with; it because if I was on the street and met someone like you I would not give them the time of day

Did catch two things that made me laugh in two of your post
      A) The fact that you believed I had a MOD remove one of your post…Don’t need others to fight my battles

B) This little gem “Now you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smiley”

Ironic, since it is you who so often lack the ability to respond respectfully in your post to others
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:02:23 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,037 posts | 393 
      Reply #646: Jan 15, 2019 02:08:28 pm
      There is a reason I chose not to converse with you. It is the way that you insult bully and abuse other posters like Rib’ in particular, but there are others…

Unlike most here there are a few of you who believe that they have the right address others with different views to there own  by insulting them, and telling them that they should go post elsewhere, or support some other team, like if you get to decide how others show there support for the club…

Most of your post to the people you disagree with start with and insult and normal ends no better. You and others here take almost ever opportunity to actively pursue and abuse others on this forum to shell out your special brand of insults and abuse…

With me, I can take that sh*t all day, had plenty in the past, and if I am honest; some of it justified. But when I see it done to others for no other reason than the person doing it is just a vile, nasty, and ignorant excuse for a human being it sicken me and makes me angry.

People have different views in all walks of life and people will disagree from time to time. It upsets me and I feel angry when I see people changing their views just to avoid abuse from others here or anywhere… It use to make me made would I saw a young kid form somewhere like Turkey how had arrived in the country recently wearing and England football shirt with Gerrard’s number on the back believing that it would help him fit in and therefore would be open to abuse less from people like you…

I disagree with plenty people here one or four of them are just like you, insulting, abusive, bulling… While other here occasional will come across as insulting, abusive, are not, Why..? Because unlike you and those other four; they will target the point made, and not the person making it.

People Kopite78, LondonRed83, Scotia 7-King Kenny-7, Magillionare, Frankly, Mr Shankly, waltonl4 and others here, (but these people I have named in particular) who I have had heated debates with argue the points instead of attacking the person. That is why I will always respect the views. I may not agree with them be I respect those view and them as people…

You on the other hand…. That is why I do not really reply to you, and just give you a smile face; (The face is my way of say that I am ignoring you) it’s not because as you believe you have scored a win in the debate or said something that can not be argued with; it because if I was on the street and met someone like you I would not give them the time of day

Did catch two things that made me laugh in two of your post
      A) The fact that you believed I had a MOD remove one of your post…Don’t need others to fight my battles
      B) This little gem “Now you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smiley”

Ironic, since it is you who so often lack the ability to respond respectfully in your post to others
      :lmao:

Blimey you have got a bit of a high opinion of yourself - ignoring me because you believe I bully someone  :lmao:

It’s strange how you started ignoring me when i pointed out to you how Klopp had stated that he wasn’t going to buy anyone - especially after you posted on a daily basis that we should buy a CB

Now if someone really wants to ignore someone then they just don’t bother responding to the post - posting a little waving smiley just says to me - “look at me ignoring you ( but I’m not really ) “

As for Rip - he is a troll , simple as that - he has shown himself to be a troll on many occasions throughout my short time on here - others like yourself imo show a lack of understand of the club , the Premiership and the CL - your recent faux pas in regards the comparison between both last season and this a perfect example

I used to go on forums about a decade or so but found they were populated by “internet fans” - people who jumped on a bandwagon after 05 , people who support from a stream and haven’t been anywhere near the city left alone the ground - a good number of these don’t understand what it means to support the club hence why they are just fans and nothing more - i Think you can see when they post their whole football knowledge stems from computer games , it’s not real football knowledge it’s pure false

I maybe wrong but I put you in that category - and for me it sticks out like a sore thumb and it will continue to happen hence why I wait for next nonsense to happen

Enjoy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,823 posts | 386 
      Reply #647: Jan 15, 2019 02:20:57 pm
      The gaffer has emphasised that taking three points is more important than fancy football.
      We bagged the three points.
      Who cares how we played and how we got the goal. Who cares if it's 1-0 or 5-1? Opps even 5-1 is not good enough. We let in one goal.  :mad:

"We are not the Harlem Globetrotters, we have to deliver results. And to do that we need to give a performance.

It wasn't the best performance of the season in a lot of departments. But from a maturity point of view it was the most mature. It's so important.

On good days, a lot of football teams can win matches. So this was not a bad day. It was a difficult day. Brighton are doing really well. They do their system so well.

Sometimes, if it's not clicking for you, then you get annoyed. And then the performance really drops. We had a consistent level in a really difficult game.

It was a clear penalty. Then we had to stay calm, keep the ball, try to create without taking any risk.

Today was not a day for a massive scoreline. Brighton didn't open up completely. They defended like they did because one mistake from us and they were back in the game. It's impossible not to make mistakes. But it's important not to make decisive ones. And we didn't."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-forced-defend-liverpool-13848392
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,237 posts | 2180 
      Reply #648: Jan 15, 2019 02:21:28 pm
      :lmao:

Blimey you have got a bit of a high opinion of yourself - ignoring me because you believe I bully someone  :lmao:

It’s strange how you started ignoring me when i pointed out to you how Klopp had stated that he wasn’t going to buy anyone - especially after you posted on a daily basis that we should buy a CB

Now if someone really wants to ignore someone then they just don’t bother responding to the post - posting a little waving smiley just says to me - “look at me ignoring you ( but I’m not really ) “

As for Rip - he is a troll , simple as that - he has shown himself to be a troll on many occasions throughout my short time on here - others like yourself imo show a lack of understand of the club , the Premiership and the CL - your recent faux pas in regards the comparison between both last season and this a perfect example

I used to go on forums about a decade or so but found they were populated by “internet fans” - people who jumped on a bandwagon after 05 , people who support from a stream and haven’t been anywhere near the city left alone the ground - a good number of these don’t understand what it means to support the club hence why they are just fans and nothing more - i Think you can see when they post their whole football knowledge stems from computer games , it’s not real football knowledge it’s pure false

I maybe wrong but I put you in that category - and for me it sticks out like a sore thumb and it will continue to happen hence why I wait for next nonsense to happen

Enjoy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

As a kind of experiment, because I was bored, I started reading the comments on social media sites from "fans" around the world, and what I saw there, gets replicated here.
      So, I had to conclude that some posters were getting their "opinions" from social media after jumping on whatever bandwagon was going.
      I often see "well, a lot of supporters think the same as me", and I take this as proof that my assumptions are correct.
      I've seen the "Henderson is sh*te, Klopp doesn't know what he's doing" a lot, same with the Clyne loan, getting the team "wrong" and a lot of the other nonsense we see posted here.

IMO a lot of social media is just a massive shitfest, populated by people who don't know their arse from their elbow, but who think their "opinion" has validity just because it's their opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some really good posts on social media as well, but it seems that the moment someone writes sense, they get the usual social media abuse thrown at them.

This, I think is where the false consensus comes from, and the day this bollocks takes over forums (as some are trying to do here) is the day I stop posting.

TL;DR
      Social media is a shitfest of arseholes who know f**k all but have been given a voice to spout sh*te by the internet, falsely believing that their opinion has value just because it's theirs.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,823 posts | 386 
      Reply #649: Jan 15, 2019 02:32:28 pm
      Why can't all of us celebrate that we top of the table? Why are we so hard on ourselves? So if we win the league with 99 points, do we not celebrate because we haven't surpassed City's 100 points tally last year?

There's no perfect football team apart from Football manager - 1) save game before every match; 2) play the next match till you win; 3) when you finally win, save game. 100% record!!!

So even at the top of the table, is Klopp, his staff and his players are still not good enough because we didn't score from open play?

Feels just like if someone's child tops his class with 99/100. The parent doesn't celebrate. Instead, he/she tells the child that he/she is not good enough all because of one small mistake. I don't know about you. But I find that perfectionist attitude cruel.

No wonder there are kids who commit suicide when their academic scores are below their own expectations. They simply can't live with imperfection. That's cruel. I feel sorry for these people.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:37:24 pm by ruthcity »

Quick Reply