Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31900 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 15, 2019 01:56:11 pm
      Went the childish route - seems thatā€™s the token way when you are shown to be talking complete horse sh*te

Will give you a  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: as a last word and awaiting your next tranche of complete nonsense

There is a reason I chose not to converse with you. It is the way that you insult bully and abuse other posters like Ribā€™ in particular, but there are othersā€¦

Unlike most here there are a few of you who believe that they have the right address others with different views to there own  by insulting them, and telling them that they should go post elsewhere, or support some other team, like if you get to decide how others show there support for the clubā€¦

Most of your post to the people you disagree with start with and insult and normal ends no better. You and others here take almost ever opportunity to actively pursue and abuse others on this forum to shell out your special brand of insults and abuseā€¦

With me, I can take that sh*t all day, had plenty in the past, and if I am honest; some of it justified. But when I see it done to others for no other reason than the person doing it is just a vile, nasty, and ignorant excuse for a human being it sicken me and makes me angry.

People have different views in all walks of life and people will disagree from time to time. It upsets me and I feel angry when I see people changing their views just to avoid abuse from others here or anywhereā€¦ It use to make me made would I saw a young kid form somewhere like Turkey how had arrived in the country recently wearing and England football shirt with Gerrardā€™s number on the back believing that it would help him fit in and therefore would be open to abuse less from people like youā€¦

I disagree with plenty people here one or four of them are just like you, insulting, abusive, bullingā€¦ While other here occasional will come across as insulting, abusive, are not, Why..? Because unlike you and those other four; they will target the point made, and not the person making it.

People Kopite78, LondonRed83, Scotia 7-King Kenny-7, Magillionare, Frankly, Mr Shankly, waltonl4 and others here, (but these people I have named in particular) who I have had heated debates with argue the points instead of attacking the person. That is why I will always respect the views. I may not agree with them be I respect those view and them as peopleā€¦

You on the other handā€¦. That is why I do not really reply to you, and just give you a smile face; (The face is my way of say that I am ignoring you) itā€™s not because as you believe you have scored a win in the debate or said something that can not be argued with; it because if I was on the street and met someone like you I would not give them the time of day

Did catch two things that made me laugh in two of your post
      A) The fact that you believed I had a MOD remove one of your postā€¦Donā€™t need others to fight my battles

B) This little gem ā€œNow you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smileyā€

Ironic, since it is you who so often lack the ability to respond respectfully in your post to others
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:02:23 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #645: Jan 15, 2019 02:08:28 pm
      There is a reason I chose not to converse with you. It is the way that you insult bully and abuse other posters like Ribā€™ in particular, but there are othersā€¦

Unlike most here there are a few of you who believe that they have the right address others with different views to there own  by insulting them, and telling them that they should go post elsewhere, or support some other team, like if you get to decide how others show there support for the clubā€¦

Most of your post to the people you disagree with start with and insult and normal ends no better. You and others here take almost ever opportunity to actively pursue and abuse others on this forum to shell out your special brand of insults and abuseā€¦

With me, I can take that sh*t all day, had plenty in the past, and if I am honest; some of it justified. But when I see it done to others for no other reason than the person doing it is just a vile, nasty, and ignorant excuse for a human being it sicken me and makes me angry.

People have different views in all walks of life and people will disagree from time to time. It upsets me and I feel angry when I see people changing their views just to avoid abuse from others here or anywhereā€¦ It use to make me made would I saw a young kid form somewhere like Turkey how had arrived in the country recently wearing and England football shirt with Gerrardā€™s number on the back believing that it would help him fit in and therefore would be open to abuse less from people like youā€¦

I disagree with plenty people here one or four of them are just like you, insulting, abusive, bullingā€¦ While other here occasional will come across as insulting, abusive, are not, Why..? Because unlike you and those other four; they will target the point made, and not the person making it.

People Kopite78, LondonRed83, Scotia 7-King Kenny-7, Magillionare, Frankly, Mr Shankly, waltonl4 and others here, (but these people I have named in particular) who I have had heated debates with argue the points instead of attacking the person. That is why I will always respect the views. I may not agree with them be I respect those view and them as peopleā€¦

You on the other handā€¦. That is why I do not really reply to you, and just give you a smile face; (The face is my way of say that I am ignoring you) itā€™s not because as you believe you have scored a win in the debate or said something that can not be argued with; it because if I was on the street and met someone like you I would not give them the time of day

Did catch two things that made me laugh in two of your post
      A) The fact that you believed I had a MOD remove one of your postā€¦Donā€™t need others to fight my battles
      B) This little gem ā€œNow you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smileyā€

Ironic, since it is you who so often lack the ability to respond respectfully in your post to others
      :lmao:

Blimey you have got a bit of a high opinion of yourself - ignoring me because you believe I bully someone  :lmao:

Itā€™s strange how you started ignoring me when i pointed out to you how Klopp had stated that he wasnā€™t going to buy anyone - especially after you posted on a daily basis that we should buy a CB

Now if someone really wants to ignore someone then they just donā€™t bother responding to the post - posting a little waving smiley just says to me - ā€œlook at me ignoring you ( but Iā€™m not really ) ā€œ

As for Rip - he is a troll , simple as that - he has shown himself to be a troll on many occasions throughout my short time on here - others like yourself imo show a lack of understand of the club , the Premiership and the CL - your recent faux pas in regards the comparison between both last season and this a perfect example

I used to go on forums about a decade or so but found they were populated by ā€œinternet fansā€ - people who jumped on a bandwagon after 05 , people who support from a stream and havenā€™t been anywhere near the city left alone the ground - a good number of these donā€™t understand what it means to support the club hence why they are just fans and nothing more - i Think you can see when they post their whole football knowledge stems from computer games , itā€™s not real football knowledge itā€™s pure false

I maybe wrong but I put you in that category - and for me it sticks out like a sore thumb and it will continue to happen hence why I wait for next nonsense to happen

Enjoy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #646: Jan 15, 2019 02:20:57 pm
      The gaffer has emphasised that taking three points is more important than fancy football.
      We bagged the three points.
      Who cares how we played and how we got the goal. Who cares if it's 1-0 or 5-1? Opps even 5-1 is not good enough. We let in one goal.  :mad:

"We are not the Harlem Globetrotters, we have to deliver results. And to do that we need to give a performance.

It wasn't the best performance of the season in a lot of departments. But from a maturity point of view it was the most mature. It's so important.

On good days, a lot of football teams can win matches. So this was not a bad day. It was a difficult day. Brighton are doing really well. They do their system so well.

Sometimes, if it's not clicking for you, then you get annoyed. And then the performance really drops. We had a consistent level in a really difficult game.

It was a clear penalty. Then we had to stay calm, keep the ball, try to create without taking any risk.

Today was not a day for a massive scoreline. Brighton didn't open up completely. They defended like they did because one mistake from us and they were back in the game. It's impossible not to make mistakes. But it's important not to make decisive ones. And we didn't."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/JĆ¼rgen-klopp-forced-defend-liverpool-13848392
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #647: Jan 15, 2019 02:21:28 pm

Blimey you have got a bit of a high opinion of yourself - ignoring me because you believe I bully someone  :lmao:

Itā€™s strange how you started ignoring me when i pointed out to you how Klopp had stated that he wasnā€™t going to buy anyone - especially after you posted on a daily basis that we should buy a CB

Now if someone really wants to ignore someone then they just donā€™t bother responding to the post - posting a little waving smiley just says to me - ā€œlook at me ignoring you ( but Iā€™m not really ) ā€œ

As for Rip - he is a troll , simple as that - he has shown himself to be a troll on many occasions throughout my short time on here - others like yourself imo show a lack of understand of the club , the Premiership and the CL - your recent faux pas in regards the comparison between both last season and this a perfect example

I used to go on forums about a decade or so but found they were populated by ā€œinternet fansā€ - people who jumped on a bandwagon after 05 , people who support from a stream and havenā€™t been anywhere near the city left alone the ground - a good number of these donā€™t understand what it means to support the club hence why they are just fans and nothing more - i Think you can see when they post their whole football knowledge stems from computer games , itā€™s not real football knowledge itā€™s pure false

I maybe wrong but I put you in that category - and for me it sticks out like a sore thumb and it will continue to happen hence why I wait for next nonsense to happen

As a kind of experiment, because I was bored, I started reading the comments on social media sites from "fans" around the world, and what I saw there, gets replicated here.
      So, I had to conclude that some posters were getting their "opinions" from social media after jumping on whatever bandwagon was going.
      I often see "well, a lot of supporters think the same as me", and I take this as proof that my assumptions are correct.
      I've seen the "Henderson is sh*te, Klopp doesn't know what he's doing" a lot, same with the Clyne loan, getting the team "wrong" and a lot of the other nonsense we see posted here.

IMO a lot of social media is just a massive shitfest, populated by people who don't know their arse from their elbow, but who think their "opinion" has validity just because it's their opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some really good posts on social media as well, but it seems that the moment someone writes sense, they get the usual social media abuse thrown at them.

This, I think is where the false consensus comes from, and the day this bollocks takes over forums (as some are trying to do here) is the day I stop posting.

TL;DR
      Social media is a shitfest of arseholes who know F**k all but have been given a voice to spout sh*te by the internet, falsely believing that their opinion has value just because it's theirs.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #648: Jan 15, 2019 02:32:28 pm
      Why can't all of us celebrate that we top of the table? Why are we so hard on ourselves? So if we win the league with 99 points, do we not celebrate because we haven't surpassed City's 100 points tally last year?

There's no perfect football team apart from Football manager - 1) save game before every match; 2) play the next match till you win; 3) when you finally win, save game. 100% record!!!

So even at the top of the table, is Klopp, his staff and his players are still not good enough because we didn't score from open play?

Feels just like if someone's child tops his class with 99/100. The parent doesn't celebrate. Instead, he/she tells the child that he/she is not good enough all because of one small mistake. I don't know about you. But I find that perfectionist attitude cruel.

No wonder there are kids who commit suicide when their academic scores are below their own expectations. They simply can't live with imperfection. That's cruel. I feel sorry for these people.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:37:24 pm by ruthcity »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #649: Jan 15, 2019 02:39:04 pm
      Why can't all of us celebrate that we top of the table? Why are we so hard on ourselves? So if we win the league with 99 points, do we not celebrate because we haven't surpassed City's 100 points tally last year?

There's no perfect football team apart from Football manager - 1) save game before every match; 2) play the next match till you win; 3) when you finally win, save game. 100% record!!!

So even at the top of the table, is Klopp, his staff and his players are still not good enough because we didn't score from open play?

Feels just like if someone's child tops his class with 99/100. The parent doesn't celebrate. Instead, he/she tells the child that he/she is not good enough all because of one small mistake. I don't know about you. But I find that perfectionist attitude cruel.

No wonder there are kids who commit suicide when their academic scores are below their own expectations. They simply can't live with it.

Even when we were constantly winning titles we were far from perfect.
      We had plenty of games where we had to grind out a result, got a flukey goal, didn't play well and won, didn't play well and lost or drew.
      Before the backpass rule was introduced, we also spent a lot of time being boring as F**k.
      1-0 up, knock it around at the back a bit, pass it back to the 'keeper.
      Absolutely nothing wrong with it, except it's boring, and nobody gave a sh*t because it won us titles.

Pragmatism is not something a few of our trolls fans are familiar with
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #650: Jan 15, 2019 02:43:10 pm

No wonder there are kids who commit suicide when their academic scores are below their own expectations. They simply can't live with imperfection. That's cruel. I feel sorry for these people.

At the end of the day, it's just a football game. There are people who lost their innocent lives going to a football match and wrongly accused after that. I still can't believe some of us are this hard on ourselves. Do they even understand this?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #651: Jan 15, 2019 02:51:49 pm

Well said buddy, all day long. ++++++++++11111111
      May I add on to your excellent post :-

1.  Respect others if you want others to respect you. Be courteous. if you want to be respected.
      2.  Starting a post by "insulting" or "bullying" another member into agreeing with your opinion is definitely a no no. You'll instantly lose your respect by others and courting insults upon yourself. They'll start ignoring you and soon you'll be talking to yourself.
      3. Don't start with those first liners like ... can't you stop moaning we have just won, how long have you been watching the game?, have you been to Anfield?, I am watching from the stand, how long have you been a supporter? shut up!!!!! ... blah blah blah ....
      It's here that we come round to moan and make noise and make it lively, otherwise, this place will be dead like a mortuary.
      4.  This is an open forum, nobody needs to listen to anyone or agree with anyone, each to its opinion, try to understand that first before coming on here to post.
      5. Don't try to win all debates, you'll only get your inflated ego badly hurt and also bad for your health and mood.
      6. If one can't accept the fact that members here are from different generations and expectations differs then we have to realize that soon and to accept that. Members here from the 70s and 80s era that have seen it all would probably have very high expectations as oppose to those that comes after those years. So, there is no right or wrong here, just that they came from different generations and we have to accept their expectations.

Haven't been around here for too long, only since 2007 and I would honestly say, in my very own observation, the overall quality of posters and posts here have dropped over the years and many of them that used to come round here to post have somewhat dissapered from our radar. Reasons??? Those were great and very knowledgeable members which I had a few heated debates against them on  subject matters and were never personal in any way. In fact, in those debates I had with them, I learnt quite a fair bit from them.

Long and short ....  "RESPECT"

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #652: Jan 15, 2019 02:59:10 pm

It's a bit mad, but think most people are enjoying the ride and understand it's a tough marathon, against a top competitor [Citeh] who will push us all the way.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #653: Jan 15, 2019 03:02:57 pm

A couple of things then you go back on the xxxxx:action-smiley-065: list

First off this ....
      "As for Rip - he is a troll , simple as that - he has shown himself to be a troll on many occasions throughout my short time on here - others like yourself imo show a lack of understand of the club , the Premiership and the CL"...

He as been posting here longer than you, and you come in and decide that because you don't like what he says that in your words "he is a troll , simple as that"  and because  you feel that "others like yourself imo show a lack of understand of the club , the Premiership and the CL"..." it is OK to insult, abuse and bully him...?

Secondly...
      Itā€™s strange how you started ignoring me when i pointed out to you how Klopp had stated that he wasnā€™t going to buy anyone - especially after you posted on a daily basis that we should buy a CB ...

I had been Ignoring you for quite a while prior to  that...Don't believe me, go back and check all you previous post direct to me... When you first started posting, we debated for a while on and off for a month or two then I stopped and although you direct post to me I did not reply... Go back and check it's all there... Started to see then what you were about.... Yes we debated over the CB, and as things got no better as far as your abuse and insult I stop again, and it was really then I thought to myself " I've I got this all wrong" and started paying more attention to what you were posting. It was then I realize the extent of your insulting behavior to others especsilly Rib'and again stopped relying to you

Lastly...

This is almost heart breaking and so ignorant...
      There are millions of supporters all over this planet that support Liverpool that have as you put it "havenā€™t been anywhere near the city left alone the ground" that love the club so much that some of them have spend a months wages to see Liverpool play whether that be in competition or on tour, some of them have slept out side stadium to get that chance, and some have no choice but to watch then via the internet, and what about the Lads and Girl here on this very site, that supports Us and watch us from the U.S, Canada, Australia who will never will or live in hope that one day they will have the chance to see Liverpool play at Anfield...?

The sad think in that you view them as a less almost subspecies of fandom not worthy or your respect and therefor fair game for your insults and abuse by virtue that they were not born in, or lived in Liverpool...

What more can I say...

:confused-smiley-013:

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 06:42:47 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #654: Jan 15, 2019 03:19:11 pm
      Well said buddy, all day long. ++++++++++11111111
      May I add on to your excellent post :-

1.  Respect others if you want others to respect you. Be courteous. if you want to be respected.
      2.  Starting a post by "insulting" or "bullying" another member into agreeing with your opinion is definitely a no no. You'll instantly lose your respect by others and courting insults upon yourself. They'll start ignoring you and soon you'll be talking to yourself.
      3. Don't start with those first liners like ... can't you stop moaning we have just won, how long have you been watching the game?, have you been to Anfield?, I am watching from the stand, how long have you been a supporter? shut up!!!!! ... blah blah blah ....
      It's here that we come round to moan and make noise and make it lively, otherwise, this place will be dead like a mortuary.
      4.  This is an open forum, nobody needs to listen to anyone or agree with anyone, each to its opinion, try to understand that first before coming on here to post.
      5. Don't try to win all debates, you'll only get your inflated ego badly hurt and also bad for your health and mood.
      6. If one can't accept the fact that members here are from different generations and expectations differs then we have to realize that soon and to accept that. Members here from the 70s and 80s era that have seen it all would probably have very high expectations as oppose to those that comes after those years. So, there is no right or wrong here, just that they came from different generations and we have to accept their expectations.

Haven't been around here for too long, only since 2007 and I would honestly say, in my very own observation, the overall quality of posters and posts here have dropped over the years and many of them that used to come round here to post have somewhat dissapered from our radar. Reasons??? Those were great and very knowledgeable members which I had a few heated debates against them on  subject matters and were never personal in any way. In fact, in those debates I had with them, I learnt quite a fair bit from them.

Long and short ....  "RESPECT"

Excellent post mate...

Miss posters like KopiteLuke  :(
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #655: Jan 15, 2019 03:30:06 pm
      Excellent post mate...

Miss posters like KopiteLuke  :(

Yeah,Luke was not just a good poster but a good person too, hope heā€™s safe & well....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #656: Jan 15, 2019 03:33:20 pm
      This i almost heart breaking and so ignorant...
      There are millions of supporters all over this planet that support Liverpool that have as you put it "havenā€™t been anywhere near the city left alone the ground" that love the club so much that some of them have spend a months wages to see Liverpool play whether that be in competition or on tour, some of them have slept out side stadium to get that chance, and some have no choice but to watch then via the internet, and what about the Lads and Girl here on this very site, that supports Us and watch us from the U.S, Canada, Australia who will never will or live in hope that one day they will have the chance to see Liverpool play at Anfield...?

The sad think in that you view them as a less almost subspecies of fandom not worthy or your respect and therefor fair game for your insults and abuse by virtue that they were not born in, or lived in Liverpool...

What more can I say...

:confused-smiley-013:

No problem at all if the person in question buys into the values and traditions of the club.

Too many don't, and are dismissive and even disdainful of those values.
      That's the problem.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #657: Jan 15, 2019 03:35:39 pm
      Yeah,Luke was not just a good poster but a good person too, hope heā€™s safe & well....

Off doing a body language course ;)   :laugh:
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #658: Jan 15, 2019 03:53:30 pm
      We have the same number of goals as last season after 22 league games - 50. Just saying like, if people are thinking last season we were much more of a goal threat compared to this season.

We are 15 better on goal conceded though - 10 compared to 25 in last season after 22 matches.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #659: Jan 15, 2019 06:30:54 pm
      Me too... Tried leaving him a PM just to see how was doing, Got not reply  :(
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #660: Jan 15, 2019 06:40:58 pm
      We have the same number of goals as last season after 22 league games - 50. Just saying like, if people are thinking last season we were much more of a goal threat compared to this season.

We are 15 better on goal conceded though - 10 compared to 25 in last season after 22 matches.

Yes, I understand what people are say, and yes it is nice to be, But what I am say is given we had a high press and all, a much sharper (speed wise) attack, given now that we have a better CB pairing,  a Top quality GK and a quality Midfielder Fab', Given all that it  purely down to the change in style or more in apart to the change in players, and if it is down to those players should we go back to the high pressing style we played last season next season...? Be madness to change it now
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #661: Jan 15, 2019 10:41:43 pm
      No I think more of the lesser sides would take risks especially at 0-0.  Which would give us much more space.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #662: Jan 15, 2019 11:07:50 pm
      I have never coached, only played, so when you see on the pitch that something is not right, how do you change it as a player without 'upsetting'  the system, and the coaches wrath. I respect your answer, as you have coached for so long. but do the players stick to the tactics, or try to modify, if you will?. Obviously. I was a defender

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #663: Jan 16, 2019 07:51:38 am
      Depends what you see mate for me. I was coaching kids so I always encouraged them to problem solve on the pitch.......so long as your right back doesnā€™t decide to play left wing etc etc.

Understanding your re-set shape is essential for kids but itā€™s not (or with me it wasnā€™t) absolutely rigid - it was a guide. In defensive terms itā€™s essential that you speak / think as a set - sometimes fb needs to tuck in, sometimes the cb needs to drift over and sometimes the midfield can drop in.

Also make the coach aware in case he / they havenā€™t picked up on it yet.

Sometimes itā€™s the setup, sometimes itā€™s someone not understanding the role, sometimes itā€™s the opponent.

Itā€™s all fluid and - to me now - I watch that much more than just the ball.

On Saturday for example - I personally think we played as better than we did against Newcastle few weeks back but we won 4-0.........the difference was an early goal in each half........

Not sure I totally got your Q but hope that helps :)
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #664: Jan 16, 2019 09:07:46 am
      Yes, I understand what people are say, and yes it is nice to be, But what I am say is given we had a high press and all, a much sharper (speed wise) attack, given now that we have a better CB pairing,  a Top quality GK and a quality Midfielder Fab', Given all that it  purely down to the change in style or more in apart to the change in players, and if it is down to those players should we go back to the high pressing style we played last season next season...? Be madness to change it now

It feels to me like we pick and choose moments (and sometimes games) for the high press approach this season where as in previous years that was very much the approach in every (or at least the vast majority) of games. Klopp hasn't really spoken on the subject but I suspect he looked at the length of the season, the physical nature of the league, the build up of games over Christmas and the injuries we were experiencing and then made some adjustments to the playing style as a result. The result is that we are little less gung ho ion style both with and without the ball. It would not surprise me (particularly if we don't get past Bayern) to see the gung ho (and relentless pressing) return for the run in given we could be playing one game a week over April and May. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #665: Jan 16, 2019 11:57:57 am
      It feels to me like we pick and choose moments (and sometimes games) for the high press approach this season where as in previous years that was very much the approach in every (or at least the vast majority) of games. Klopp hasn't really spoken on the subject but I suspect he looked at the length of the season, the physical nature of the league, the build up of games over Christmas and the injuries we were experiencing and then made some adjustments to the playing style as a result. The result is that we are little less gung ho ion style both with and without the ball. It would not surprise me (particularly if we don't get past Bayern) to see the gung ho (and relentless pressing) return for the run in given we could be playing one game a week over April and May.

Saw an interview a while back where he said we still press, just in different area's, because teams had adapted to us.

He also mentioned that this was part of making the team more balanced between attack and defense.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #666: Jan 16, 2019 12:22:18 pm

Saw an interview a while back where he said we still press, just in different area's, because teams had adapted to us.

He also mentioned that this was part of making the team more balanced between attack and defense.

Yup.

Itā€™s as clear as Pinocchioā€™s nose when Gepeto sees the ā€œnightly serviceā€ item on his cable bill.......

Quick Reply