Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32506 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Jan 12, 2019 07:19:45 pm
      I definitely think Citeh will drop more points just down to having more games to play, I would not be that surprised if Wolves can take some points off them.

Looking at their fixture list, I think they only have 1 tricky game vs Utd away. We on the other hand have 2 imo, Everton and Utd, both away games.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #484: Jan 12, 2019 07:20:46 pm
      Agree with all the positive points about our performance, but I fully expect City to win comfortably at home. Expecting no more favors from them, but we have the group to win this.

I think City could well over take us yet in this season but if it does happen it still doesn't mean a huge deal and the players and fans should understand that too. We are 4/7 points clear. City fans aren't writing it off. If we go 4 behind for whatever reason there's still a race to be won.

Obviously it's better to be ahead but at this stage it's all for show.

We ain't going to win every game from here on in. It feels like every week is a 'Huge must win game' but if we win every game we'll have won the league by a mile.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #485: Jan 12, 2019 07:21:39 pm
      I definitely think Citeh will drop more points just down to having more games to play, I would not be that surprised if Wolves can take some points off them.

By blip, I mean loose 2 games in a row.
      Obviously they're drop more points, just don't think it'll be against Wolves - they seem to have hit some form, even taking into account the opposition - hope you're right though and Wolves can peg them back [again]
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #486: Jan 12, 2019 07:23:31 pm
      By blip, I mean loose 2 games in a row.
      Obviously they're drop more points, just don't think it'll be against Wolves - they seem to have hit some form, even taking into account the opposition - hope you're right though and Wolves can peg them back [again]
      we lost one game. The FA cup doesn't count, we were never serious about it this season. If we won against Wolves then lost today it would be a worse problem. If we wanted to FA cup we would have had Alisson in goal. Can Klopp admit though? No, he's professional.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #487: Jan 12, 2019 07:26:20 pm
      It was very telling that some people were very vocal when we were at nil nil - goal went in - silence from them , game finishes , most post in celebration, the same very vocal return with posts of “if” and “ref helped us” “ lucky “ etc etc etc

I
      Yep. No shame.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #488: Jan 12, 2019 07:31:07 pm
      Beautiful
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #489: Jan 12, 2019 07:33:01 pm
      we lost one game. The FA cup doesn't count, we were never serious about it this season. If we won against Wolves then lost today it would be a worse problem. If we wanted to FA cup we would have had Alisson in goal. Can Klopp admit though? No, he's professional.

Sorry, don't know what this is about
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #490: Jan 12, 2019 07:34:51 pm
      I watched him occasionally for RB Leipzig, mate. I know how good he was or rather can be, but he hasn't shown anything near the quality he showed for RB Leipzig yet for us. He was good against Palace, Spurs and for that half against Burnley. Other than that he has been pretty bang average and is being pushed off the ball far too easily.

Don't think its a coincidence that Keita came straight into the team and struggled, whereas Fabinho was eased in and is looking better. Maybe next season for Naby.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #491: Jan 12, 2019 07:39:32 pm
      Just found that a bit stressful today.Normally don't get to nervy or wound up. Must be the chance of winning this feckin' league that's adding the extra strain.

Brighton were a rock in the first half but I thought that was our worst first half performance of the season. We won't get away with to many performances like that.Not claiming Brighton deserved a point but they were in with a chance right to the final whistle.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #492: Jan 12, 2019 07:41:18 pm

It’s just drivel
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #493: Jan 12, 2019 07:42:47 pm
      Don't think its a coincidence that Keita came straight into the team and struggled, whereas Fabinho was eased in and is looking better. Maybe next season for Naby.

I think we’re playing at such a high level now mate with such co-dependency that it’s so apparent when one player is out of step / rhythm.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #494: Jan 12, 2019 07:43:06 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #495: Jan 12, 2019 07:44:52 pm
      Ground out the result.
      Another clean sheet.

Gave MOTM to Fabinho ..... he slotted right in and with Virgil's help kept tabs on Murray.  Mo was obvious MOTM but Fab had to play a different role today and did it really well.

Onwards , onwards .....ever upwards !

16 points ahead of Arse in 5th place.... and 19 again in front of the Scum.
      I've posted the lead in the Bitters thread.
      Small team.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #496: Jan 12, 2019 07:50:21 pm
      Looking at their fixture list, I think they only have 1 tricky game vs Utd away. We on the other hand have 2 imo, Everton and Utd, both away games.

Whisky Nose will be in the dressing room for both  the Scum games.
      They will be up for it with the Noisy Neighbours and us.

That small team.... tricky ?   Me no think so.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #497: Jan 12, 2019 07:52:59 pm
      Thought we were kicking off later and only caught last 5 minutes but that was nervy enough for me!

From reading the reports, it sounds like the exact kind of game we have struggled to win in recent years.

Absolutely vital 3 points and now we can put our feet up and let the others try close the gap again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #498: Jan 12, 2019 07:57:02 pm
      Thought we were kicking off later and only caught last 5 minutes but that was nervy enough for me!

From reading the reports, it sounds like the exact kind of game we have struggled to win in recent years.

Absolutely vital 3 points and now we can put our feet up and let the others try close the gap again.

It was very comfortable in reality mate.....if you take your nerves / insecurities out of it and focus on the game which isn’t easy.

In control throughout.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #499: Jan 12, 2019 08:00:46 pm

They have to play Arsenal,Chelsea and Spurs at home and Mancheater U. away. Final game away to Brighton.

We have Chelsea and Spurs at home and United away. Suppose we still have to go to Goodison. Wolves at home is our final game all being well.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #500: Jan 12, 2019 08:00:53 pm
      I think City could well over take us yet in this season but if it does happen it still doesn't mean a huge deal and the players and fans should understand that too. We are 4/7 points clear. City fans aren't writing it off. If we go 4 behind for whatever reason there's still a race to be won.

Obviously it's better to be ahead but at this stage it's all for show.

We ain't going to win every game from here on in. It feels like every week is a 'Huge must win game' but if we win every game we'll have won the league by a mile.

If we find ourselves 4 behind City there will be very few games left given that is an 8 point turn around assuming they beat Wolves.

If that happens, City win the league.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #501: Jan 12, 2019 08:09:45 pm

Statistically we have the better run in, with easier teams home and away. I am nervous of the bitters and Manure away but I actually think we can win both.
      The big difference between us and Citeh is our superior defence and I think that is where we will win the league.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #502: Jan 12, 2019 08:24:01 pm
      We both have to play Chelsea and Spurs, they have to play Arsenal too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #503: Jan 12, 2019 08:36:57 pm

non of his posts make sense for your own sanity just skip by them
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #504: Jan 12, 2019 08:38:04 pm
      City also have the League Cup thingy and the FA cup which we don't have so I can see them having a slip or two.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #505: Jan 12, 2019 08:40:03 pm
      Haven't seen the game yet so cabt comment on the performance of the team or individuals, I will when I do see it.

Wasn't happy with the starting 11 I thought we mignt get 'bullied' but I suppose those tactics don't really exist any more in the modern game.

Delighted with the win and the 3 points. I said in the pre match thread that this game will be tough and we will only win it by a goal. It looks like that was the case.

After two back to back losses the pressure was on us to go there and win. Any other result would have been a poor one.

Well done reds.  Over to you city, catch us if you can.

Quick Reply