Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31889 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Jan 12, 2019 08:41:19 pm
      Clearly more difficult than I first thought. No doubt because Brighton parked the bus and refused to play football, until they went behind.
      A lot of sides would have failed to get the breakthrough , and in recent times that would have been a draw for us.
      Will vote motm after I’ve seen the game, but the radio commentary suggested it could have been Mo, Robbie, Bob or Fab.

Bottom line is, we won, 3 points, put a bit more pressure on city, and we are still in control.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #507: Jan 12, 2019 08:47:09 pm
      Haven't seen the game yet so cabt comment on the performance of the team or individuals, I will when I do see it.

Wasn't happy with the starting 11 I thought we mignt get 'bullied' but I suppose those tactics don't really exist any more in the modern game.

Delighted with the win and the 3 points. I said in the pre match thread that this game will be tough and we will only win it by a goal. It looks like that was the case.

After two back to back losses the pressure was on us to go there and win. Any other result would have been a poor one.

Well done reds.  Over to you city, catch us if you can.
      Not sure what other 11 Klopp could have played with the current injuries etc
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #508: Jan 12, 2019 09:02:45 pm
      It was very comfortable in reality mate.....if you take your nerves / insecurities out of it and focus on the game which isn’t easy.

In control throughout.

If you can thiink of the last two unscathed, then yeah, but very important result today, how can you switch off, I'd love to know your secret
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #509: Jan 12, 2019 09:04:33 pm
      If you can thiink of the last two unscathed, then yeah, but very important result today, how can you switch off, I'd love to know your secret

I for one was bricking it in the last few minutes
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #510: Jan 12, 2019 09:20:04 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion ⚽️
          ✔
          @OfficialBHAFC

💪 A NEW AMEX RECORD!

An attendance of 30,682 here this afternoon at the Amex Stadium - thank you for your fantastic support!#BHAFC 🔵⚪️
          4:40 PM - Jan 12, 2019

22 people are talking about this

We pull the punters in then.
      New Brighton home attendance record today.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #511: Jan 12, 2019 09:29:35 pm

Don’t get me wrong - so was I but only because I wanna win so bad, not because I felt we weren’t in control.

I think having coached for a long time helps. I definitely re-learned to watch the game, the shape and the flow better thru it.

You spend your first years coaching more or less cheerleading and commentating before you start to understand what needs to change. Rather than just “we’re getting done on their right - the lb is having a mare”......which is how I would’ve seen it 15 years ago......you might see that they’re emptying the middle to overload there so maybe we could do something thru there to cut off supply.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019 09:34:14 pm by Scotia »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #512: Jan 12, 2019 09:35:06 pm
      It was very comfortable in reality mate.....if you take your nerves / insecurities out of it and focus on the game which isn’t easy.

In control throughout.
      But took a penalty to score, Not good enough
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #513: Jan 12, 2019 09:37:46 pm
      We both have to play Chelsea and Spurs, they have to play Arsenal too.
      You forget that we both have Utd
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #514: Jan 12, 2019 09:39:15 pm
      Don’t get me wrong - so was I but only because I wanna win so bad, not because I felt we weren’t in control.

I think having coached for a long time helps. I definitely re-learned to watch the game, the shape and the flow better thru it.

You spend your first years coaching more or less cheerleading and commentating before you start to understand what needs to change. Rather than just “we’re getting done on their right - the lb is having a mare”......which is how I would’ve seen it 15 years ago......you might see that they’re emptying the middle to overload there so maybe we could do something thru there to cut off supply.

To fair if we are ten nil up with a minute left i am nervous
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #515: Jan 12, 2019 09:46:25 pm

Yup
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #516: Jan 12, 2019 09:54:20 pm

hopefully the scars from those rusty nails have healed now . Long way to go this season you need to ease up on the self abuse you don't want to run out of body bits to puncture.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #517: Jan 12, 2019 10:18:18 pm
      hopefully the scars from those rusty nails have healed now . Long way to go this season you need to ease up on the self abuse you don't want to run out of body bits to puncture.

Think i will finally crack good and proper before May. Hopefully things in my work will settle by then which will help my mental health enormously
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #518: Jan 12, 2019 10:32:34 pm

In control throughout.

I think you're absolutely right. The nerves were informed by previous experiences down the years where regular screw ups, particularly late on, felt guaranteed. If today was the first football game I had ever stumbled across I don't think I'd have winced once.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #519: Jan 12, 2019 10:53:46 pm
      There is simply no stopping anyone from coming onto this board to voice their opinions, as long as it remains decent and no abusive language used. It is what this forum is all about, voice your opinion, voice your opinion, voice your opinon, make known your opinion, how you feel about the match, the players, the tactics etc and how we could improve. That's all to it. Not to bully others to believe or support your opinions.

I'm sure all of us that comes round here to post is with the aim of  making our feelings known  and wants the club and players to do well and not otherwise. Some, voiced it strongly while some put it in a mild way. I'm sure some voiced it very strongly because they want the players and club to do well and not otherwise. It is the way some posted here to tell others;  "i know better than you do,  your points are rubbish, why are you still not happy when we won ..,. blah blah blah". One can post whatever he or she wants, if you don't like what was said, then walk away, don't be a tissue paper and start to label others as bully when you started to ruffle up others into agreement with your opinions.

As i have said before, this forum is to debate on points and put forth our opinions in a decent way. You don't need to support or believe in what others say or going round to force others to agree with your opinions. You form your own opinions and judgement in what you saw in the match.

If, i am not allowed to voice my opinion on a match, players, tactics but asked in a childish manner to agree with someone's opinion, then why am i here for? Just to be a yes man? Might as well close down this forum. No debates or making known your feelings and opinions are allowed here.

May i just add, we can expect some to be more critical in their postings here from now on because they care, we are in a very healthy position in the league and they simply don't want us to fumble.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019 11:01:06 pm by redkop63 »
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #520: Jan 12, 2019 11:09:48 pm
      Taught we control game but play too slow , so brighton could park bus anyhow it win that main thing taught ever say these hope scum win tommory more chance if got get top 4 when play city can't just bend over let him
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #521: Jan 12, 2019 11:40:37 pm
      I would say that, by definition, it was good enough.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #522: Jan 12, 2019 11:57:04 pm

Absolutely.

Lets not kid ourselves to thinking that the 84 86 88 90 teams or the teams of ghe 70s swept aside all before them with esse. Always in a title winning season you would look back on gamès and say we played poor or we were lucky that day but those 3 points were massive in the greater scheme of things.. this 1 nil today is more important to me then the hiding we gave arsenal
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #523: Jan 13, 2019 12:00:36 am
      No, not by definition.
      Good enough to win, yes.
      Good enough to strike fear into our opponents? no.

The measuring stick has too much ambiguity to define what the goal was for good enough.

Good enough is often a perspective.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #524: Jan 13, 2019 12:03:01 am

Have to admit practically all my usual nerves at 1-0 leads, facing corners etc have evaporated this season.  I saw the 4 minutes go up and don't remember looking at the clock again until the ref blew up.

A whole different world this season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #525: Jan 13, 2019 12:06:40 am

Only took a penalty to score because Salah was fouled before he lashed his opportunity in the net.  That would be the other way of looking at it. 

Is it acceptable to win by firing in a free-kick?

The mind boggles.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #526: Jan 13, 2019 12:12:16 am

I've not felt this comfortable during the ninety for a long time.  It's strange being this calm and relaxed during the game, for.the most part.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #527: Jan 13, 2019 12:24:08 am
      There’s really not much point arguing mate, it was good enough. Not great by any means but good enough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #528: Jan 13, 2019 12:25:17 am
      Honestly think if people can’t see how much improvement we have made especially in games like this, there’s no hope for them.

Quick Reply