Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32470 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jan 13, 2019 05:15:07 pm
      I genuinely wonder if some fans really understand what it means for there to be two sets of players on the park.

It’s not the same as some sports where might will out regardless.

Great sides, winning sides are patient and ruthless. Two thoroughly apt descriptions of us this season.

“Great” will be determined by where we are at the season end

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #576: Jan 13, 2019 05:40:29 pm
      I genuinely wonder if some fans really understand what it means for there to be two sets of players on the park.

Great sides, winning sides are patient and ruthless. Two thoroughly apt descriptions of us this season.

Strange, isn't it.

It seems that some just expect the opposition to roll over for us.

Good teams grind out wins where mediocre teams fail.
      We're a good team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #577: Jan 13, 2019 05:44:27 pm
      Strange, isn't it.

It seems that some just expect the opposition to roll over for us.

Good teams grind out wins where mediocre teams fail.
      We're a good team.

Being blunt I think some just don’t understand and play too many computer games - you see it with the transfer rumours and then in the game threads , it’s all stuff that people do on FIFA or Champ Manager etc - prob never been to a game in their life
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #578: Jan 13, 2019 05:44:32 pm
      Just be glad what we have, and where we are at the moment, we have been craving to be in this situation for years, and you want more.
      And you don't...?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #579: Jan 13, 2019 05:47:10 pm
      Being blunt I think some just don’t understand and play too many computer games - you see it with the transfer rumours and then in the game threads , it’s all stuff that people do on FIFA or Champ Manager etc - prob never been to a game in their life

Well, if we're going down the road of being blunt, some are just wums, plus farming for shits and giggles.

Watch and see, they do it in shifts; when one leaves another comes on and starts different sh*te, and they send each other PM's co-ordinating this sh*te or trying to turn posters against each other.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #580: Jan 13, 2019 05:51:41 pm
      Well, if we're going down the road of being blunt, some are just wums, plus farming for shits and giggles.

Watch and see, they do it in shifts; when one leaves another comes on and starts different sh*te, and they send each other PM's co-ordinating this sh*te or trying to turn posters against each other.

Said it during the match yesterday- they stick out like a sore thumb when the team isn’t winning - lots of comments mainly nonsense then when we score it’s a wall of silence.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #581: Jan 13, 2019 05:54:47 pm
      Said it during the match yesterday- they stick out like a sore thumb when the deal isn’t winning - lots of comments mainly nonsense then when we score it’s a wall of silence.

It's a big part of why I seldom post in the match thread while the match is on.

I swear they set out to piss on people's enjoyment of a match.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #582: Jan 13, 2019 05:56:30 pm
      There is simply no stopping anyone from coming onto this board to voice their opinions, as long as it remains decent and no abusive language used. It is what this forum is all about, voice your opinion, voice your opinion, voice your opinon, make known your opinion, how you feel about the match, the players, the tactics etc and how we could improve. That's all to it. Not to bully others to believe or support your opinions.

I'm sure all of us that comes round here to post is with the aim of  making our feelings known  and wants the club and players to do well and not otherwise. Some, voiced it strongly while some put it in a mild way. I'm sure some voiced it very strongly because they want the players and club to do well and not otherwise. It is the way some posted here to tell others;  "i know better than you do,  your points are rubbish, why are you still not happy when we won ..,. blah blah blah". One can post whatever he or she wants, if you don't like what was said, then walk away, don't be a tissue paper and start to label others as bully when you started to ruffle up others into agreement with your opinions.

As i have said before, this forum is to debate on points and put forth our opinions in a decent way. You don't need to support or believe in what others say or going round to force others to agree with your opinions. You form your own opinions and judgement in what you saw in the match.

If, i am not allowed to voice my opinion on a match, players, tactics but asked in a childish manner to agree with someone's opinion, then why am i here for? Just to be a yes man? Might as well close down this forum. No debates or making known your feelings and opinions are allowed here.

May i just add, we can expect some to be more critical in their postings here from now on because they care, we are in a very healthy position in the league and they simply don't want us to fumble.

Spot on this +1.

Haven't read through the thread properly but getting the gist that one or two posters are commenting on the performance saying it wasn't great and the usual suspects are jumping on them, calling them wums, miserable and whatever else.

What really confuses me is, we are in the post match thread. Where else are they supposed to make such comments? The whole point of this thread is to talk about the game, is it not?

What do those people expect? For every single poster to come online and say '3 points. We are top of the league'. How F***ing boring would that be?

I don't participate much else on the forum other than the pre match and post match threads. I want to read the opinions of other reds on how they saw the game. What they thought of the selection, tactics, opposition, officials, players, just anything really.

It's starting to annoy me now that people can't disuss literally anything without some bellend commenting saying 'shut up we are top of the league'.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #583: Jan 13, 2019 06:00:46 pm

No, I'm quite content thanks.

Top of the League, and in the knockout stages of the CL, no other EPL club can say that.

Last year we were scoring freely most of the time, and that got us what?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #584: Jan 13, 2019 06:09:04 pm

Please...  Brighton were hardly great yesterday, and we, whiles better than them were hardly great ourselves some here believe we created some great chances and Brighton none. Look at the ball Fab' cut out, and the shot he blocked, and what about the one TAA cut out

As for the  "patient and ruthless" it is more like we have looked in game "Clueless and Toothless"

people here going on about how good Brighton are, yet most of them were stating pre-match how easy we would win when i was the one who posted this

Re: Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)
      → Reply #122: Jan 11, 2019 10:17:21 pm

"This won't be an easy game... they beat Utd 3-2, we beat them 0-1 Spurs beat them 2-1 and City 2-0 they beat West Ham, Wolves and Newcastle 1-0 and recently drew with Leicester beat Palace 3-1, Chelsea squeezed pass them 2-1 Arsenal drew 1-1 with them Everton lost 0-1 West ham drew 2-2 and Bournemouth lost 3-1, a game in which Clyne played."

So don't tell me that whole "I genuinely wonder if some fans really understand what it means for there to be two sets of players on the park." bollocks

This was not a game where we were rampant, and being held by a descent playing Brighton side, Grinding a game out when that is the case is fine, but when playing so poorly...? and had it not been for Mo's trickery in the box and the defenders rush of blood we may have very well be only five points clear until City next plays and could be looking two then...

I have said enough, If some here fail to understand that the team needs to do better then so be it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #585: Jan 13, 2019 06:13:15 pm
      No, I'm quite content thanks.

Top of the League, and in the knockout stages of the CL, no other EPL club can say that.

Last year we were scoring freely most of the time, and that got us what?
      Then I am truely glad for you mate...Really
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #586: Jan 13, 2019 06:20:40 pm
      Then I am truely glad for you mate...Really

Thank you, Namaste.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #587: Jan 13, 2019 06:33:23 pm
      Please...  Brighton were hardly great yesterday, and we, whiles better than them were hardly great ourselves some here believe we created some great chances and Brighton none. Look at the ball Fab' cut out, and the shot he blocked, and what about the one TAA cut out

As for the  "patient and ruthless" it is more like we have looked in game "Clueless and Toothless"

people here going on about how good Brighton are, yet most of them were stating pre-match how easy we would win when i was the one who posted this

"This won't be an easy game... they beat Utd 3-2, we beat them 0-1 Spurs beat them 2-1 and City 2-0 they beat West Ham, Wolves and Newcastle 1-0 and recently drew with Leicester beat Palace 3-1, Chelsea squeezed pass them 2-1 Arsenal drew 1-1 with them Everton lost 0-1 West ham drew 2-2 and Bournemouth lost 3-1, a game in which Clyne played."

So don't tell me that whole "I genuinely wonder if some fans really understand what it means for there to be two sets of players on the park." bollocks

This was not a game where we were rampant, and being held by a descent playing Brighton side, Grinding a game out when that is the case is fine, but when playing so poorly...? and had it not been for Mo's trickery in the box and the defenders rush of blood we may have very well be only five points clear until City next plays and could be looking two then...

I have said enough, If some here fail to understand that the team needs to do better then so be it.

I can see your a half glass empty kinda guy. You’ve officially eclipsed German Panzer and Hangman’s the man as the forum Mood Hoover.

It can’t be Champaigne football every game. I’m sure you realise that. If that means keeping a clean sheet and relying on an individual piece of magic from Mo to get us over the line then so be it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #588: Jan 13, 2019 06:44:15 pm
      Don't you swear at me  :f_steam: ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #589: Jan 13, 2019 06:48:18 pm

Have we played better? - yes.

Did we play poorly? - no.

Did we control the game throughout? - yes

Were we ever in any danger? - without a shot on target against, clearly no

First half was too slow - midfield were sloppy at times but there wasn’t enough from the front 3.

Second half was much improved but more workmanlike than inspired.

Literally nothing in yesterday’s performance gives me any cause for concern aside (perhaps) from the knock to TAA.

I just don’t think anything you’ve said shows any appreciation of the game or the fact that 2 teams are competing - we don’t just get to turn up and perform as we do on the training ground.

Sometimes you need the boiler suit and sometimes it’s the dinner suit.

One thing is for sure - if I had to get the dress code wrong I’d rather go in the direction of the boiler suit and not be found wanting when it gets down and dirty.

Cool if you think we were poor yesterday and it’s a concern for the rest of the season 🤔

Ultimately it makes zero difference to anything other than your mood - just like my opinion to me.......🤷‍♂️

For the record - we’ll play worse (and have done) and win by more this season.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #590: Jan 13, 2019 06:52:04 pm
      I can see your a half glass empty kinda guy. You’ve officially eclipsed German Panzer and Hangman’s the man as the forum Mood Hoover.

Yeah, I suppose in a way I am... I believe in addressing the things I perceive as wrong with the team... I believe the things that are right speak for themselves

It can’t be Champaigne football every game. I’m sure you realise that. If that means keeping a clean sheet and relying on an individual piece of magic from Mo to get us over the line then so be it.
      Yes, and thank you...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #591: Jan 13, 2019 06:53:24 pm
      We have made fewer chances than last season, and those chance we have made we have been more wasteful with... The season is not going to get any easier. Team are showing us a lot of respect at present. Wait until there is ten or less games to go, and relegation is chewing at thier butts, Do you think then that teams will be showing us the same respect, or trying to get the points that they need to stay up...?

In our remaining games we face from 6th place to 20th (Excluding, Brighton,Played, Chelsea and Spurs) Utd are having a resurgence at present and are quite capable of taking points off of us, as is Spurs and Chelsea. So I don't want us playing the type of football we are at present, I want us to be at our lethal best

2017/18 season after 22 games:

Goals scored - 50
      Goals conceded - 25
      GD - 25
      Wins - 12
      Draws - 8
      Defeats - 2
      Points - 44
      Position - 4th

This season after 22 games:

Scored: 50
      Conceded: 10
      GD: 40
      Wins:18
      Draws: 3
      Defeats: 1
      Position: 1st

So we have the same number of goals scored as last season, less conceded, more wins, less draws, less defeats, more points and top of the league.
      But according to you we’ve made less chances, been less clinical - which doesn’t make sense because if we’ve created less chances but scored the same number of goals, we’ve obviously been more clinical and you’d rather we played like we did last season because you’re worried that the teams below us will now start trying to beat us.

I’m glad you’re not the manager.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2019 06:59:41 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #592: Jan 13, 2019 06:56:12 pm
      2017/18 season after 22 games:

Goals scored - 50
      Goals conceded - 25
      GD - 25
      Wins - 12
      Draws - 8
      Defeats - 2
      Points - 44
      Position - 4th

This season after 22 games:

Scored: 50
      Conceded: 10
      GD: 40
      Wins:18
      Draws: 3
      Defeats: 1
      Position: 1st

So we have the same number of goals scored as last season, less conceded, more wins, less draws, less defeats, more points and top of the league.
      But according to you we’ve made less chances, been less clinical and you’d rather we played like we did last season.

I’m glad you’re not the manager.

Stop bringing in facts to the situation for goodness sake - you know they are meaningless compared to nonsense statements
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #593: Jan 13, 2019 06:57:04 pm
      My spirits have been dampened reading the previous posts. What a downer after a hard fought win.

I think we found the next Liverpool manager in TRDR after Jürgen leaves. He aspires for the team to be perfect. As a fan, that’s the no nonsense spirit we all like.

Can’t imagine if this manager wins by a pen, let alone losing even a single match. We’ll be on to him!

Even the meanest leaders must learn to love his players, fans and celebrate difficult wins. While holding a high stand is to be respected, we don’t dampen spirits and morale by expecting even more when you walk through the end of a storm.

We’ve had a good win. Three points. Tell our team well done. Celebrate that we three points nearer the end. Then we go again.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #594: Jan 13, 2019 07:11:17 pm
      We're TOP of the League FFS, we can't go any higher.

We need to be better ,need to top the La Liga.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #595: Jan 13, 2019 07:41:26 pm
      Quote from JD
      Have to admit practically all my usual nerves at 1-0 leads, facing corners etc have evaporated this season.  I saw the 4 minutes go up and don't remember looking at the clock again until the ref blew up.

A whole different world this season.

So are we now doing things "the easy way"?

I don't think it was easy. In fact it was hard to see us scoring until we did, we created very little against more busparkers. Not much of note after the goal either. It was very much like the home game really, with a similiar scorer and scoreline.

That said, the win will be remembered at the end of the season for how important the three points was, rather than the performance. In 4 months time, the sun will shine over Anfield, hopefully on some silverware. That's when we can see the rewards for digging results out of awful scrappy games in mid-January in the rain and cold, hundreds of miles from home.
      Aldo the best
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #596: Jan 13, 2019 08:12:43 pm
      2 words: Professional performance
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #597: Jan 13, 2019 08:15:13 pm

At last - cause you're either on a constant wind up, or have never played football in your life.

Quick Reply