Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31946 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jan 13, 2019 08:19:59 pm
      For every single poster to come online and say '3 points. We are top of the league'. How f**king boring would that be?

Right, so they come on for a wind up, spouting nonsense.
      And when that happens, imho they deserve all they get.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2019 08:39:48 pm by bmck »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #599: Jan 13, 2019 08:29:40 pm

It's starting to annoy me now that people can't disuss literally anything without some bellend commenting saying 'shut up we are top of the league'.

Or without someone saying "You and Klopp don't know what you are talking about, Henderson is sh*te".

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #600: Jan 13, 2019 08:31:20 pm
      Please...  Brighton were hardly great yesterday, and we, whiles better than them were hardly great ourselves some here believe we created some great chances and Brighton none. Look at the ball Fab' cut out, and the shot he blocked, and what about the one TAA cut out

As for the  "patient and ruthless" it is more like we have looked in game "Clueless and Toothless"

people here going on about how good Brighton are, yet most of them were stating pre-match how easy we would win when i was the one who posted this

Re: Pre-Match: Brighton V Liverpool (12/01/19 - 15:00)
      → Reply #122: Jan 11, 2019 10:17:21 pm

"This won't be an easy game... they beat Utd 3-2, we beat them 0-1 Spurs beat them 2-1 and City 2-0 they beat West Ham, Wolves and Newcastle 1-0 and recently drew with Leicester beat Palace 3-1, Chelsea squeezed pass them 2-1 Arsenal drew 1-1 with them Everton lost 0-1 West ham drew 2-2 and Bournemouth lost 3-1, a game in which Clyne played."

So don't tell me that whole "I genuinely wonder if some fans really understand what it means for there to be two sets of players on the park." bollocks

This was not a game where we were rampant, and being held by a descent playing Brighton side, Grinding a game out when that is the case is fine, but when playing so poorly...? and had it not been for Mo's trickery in the box and the defenders rush of blood we may have very well be only five points clear until City next plays and could be looking two then...

I have said enough, If some here fail to understand that the team needs to do better then so be it.

;D

Excellent news - no more nonsense  ( awaiting wave smiley which is amusing as you cried to the mods about me doing it )
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #601: Jan 13, 2019 08:31:26 pm
      Quote from Shabs
      I’d rather we grind results in the league which could lead to our first title in over 20 decades

I know it's long, felt every year of it, but I don't think it's that long.

Quote from ruthcity
      My spirits have been dampened reading the previous posts. What a downer after a hard fought win.

I think we found the next Liverpool manager in TRDR after Jürgen leaves. He aspires for the team to be perfect. As a fan, that’s the no nonsense spirit we all like.

He said Klopp wasn't the man to take us to the top of the league, after the PSG game. We're in the next round of the competition, and 7 points clear.

Tbf, his opinions after this game, were the majority opinions after the home game v Brighton, and the similar game in Huddersfield.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #602: Jan 13, 2019 08:33:20 pm
      Spot on this +1.

Haven't read through the thread properly but getting the gist that one or two posters are commenting on the performance saying it wasn't great and the usual suspects are jumping on them, calling them wums, miserable and whatever else.

What really confuses me is, we are in the post match thread. Where else are they supposed to make such comments? The whole point of this thread is to talk about the game, is it not?

What do those people expect? For every single poster to come online and say '3 points. We are top of the league'. How f**king boring would that be?

I don't participate much else on the forum other than the pre match and post match threads. I want to read the opinions of other reds on how they saw the game. What they thought of the selection, tactics, opposition, officials, players, just anything really.

It's starting to annoy me now that people can't disuss literally anything without some bellend commenting saying 'shut up we are top of the league'.

Maybe you should read back and see what you have posted towards people posting positive messages about Henderson and Lovren- then possibly you will see how much of a hypocrite you are
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #603: Jan 13, 2019 08:37:31 pm
      Spot on this +1.

Haven't read through the thread properly but getting the gist that one or two posters are commenting on the performance saying it wasn't great and the usual suspects are jumping on them, calling them wums, miserable and whatever else.

What really confuses me is, we are in the post match thread. Where else are they supposed to make such comments? The whole point of this thread is to talk about the game, is it not?

What do those people expect? For every single poster to come online and say '3 points. We are top of the league'. How F***ing boring would that be?

I don't participate much else on the forum other than the pre match and post match threads. I want to read the opinions of other reds on how they saw the game. What they thought of the selection, tactics, opposition, officials, players, just anything really.

Shut up. We're top of the league.  :nod:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #604: Jan 14, 2019 12:22:56 am
      2017/18 season after 22 games:

Goals scored - 50
      Goals conceded - 25
      GD - 25
      Wins - 12
      Draws - 8
      Defeats - 2
      Points - 44
      Position - 4th

This season after 22 games:

Scored: 50
      Conceded: 10
      GD: 40
      Wins:18
      Draws: 3
      Defeats: 1
      Position: 1st

So we have the same number of goals scored as last season, less conceded, more wins, less draws, less defeats, more points and top of the league.
      But according to you we’ve made less chances, been less clinical - which doesn’t make sense because if we’ve created less chances but scored the same number of goals, we’ve obviously been more clinical and you’d rather we played like we did last season because you’re worried that the teams below us will now start trying to beat us.

I’m glad you’re not the manager.
      Great facts and very compelling...  I have highlighted one though and have to ask... Has this one more to do with the arrival of VVD than the change in play...? I would wager the answer is yes

Edit:- Those stats would only be relevant and make your point if...

A) They were for they were representative of the same team this season and last.... We have bought in players this season, Allison,Fab' Shaqiri, Keita remember...

B) if they were the same players were playing under both systems

But I will "Stop bringing in facts to the situation for goodness sake - you know they are meaningless compared to nonsense statements"
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2019 01:21:40 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #605: Jan 14, 2019 02:58:07 am
      Spot on this +1.

What do those people expect? For every single poster to come online and say '3 points. We are top of the league'. How f**king boring would that be?

Exactly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #606: Jan 14, 2019 11:04:19 am
      2017/18 season after 22 games:

Goals scored - 50
      Goals conceded - 25
      GD - 25
      Wins - 12
      Draws - 8
      Defeats - 2
      Points - 44
      Position - 4th

This season after 22 games:

Scored: 50
      Conceded: 10
      GD: 40
      Wins:18
      Draws: 3
      Defeats: 1
      Position: 1st

So we have the same number of goals scored as last season, less conceded, more wins, less draws, less defeats, more points and top of the league.
      But according to you we’ve made less chances, been less clinical - which doesn’t make sense because if we’ve created less chances but scored the same number of goals, we’ve obviously been more clinical and you’d rather we played like we did last season because you’re worried that the teams below us will now start trying to beat us.

I’m glad you’re not the manager.

Very good post, we are very clearly a better team this season, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement and there were elements of the game on Saturday which were a bit poor, in particular our finishing was a bit hit and miss again and Henderson and Wijnaldum were a bit to negative in their approach but that might have been specific instructions form Jürgen who wanted to play it safe.
      At the end of the day we got 3 very valuable points in a very tricky away game, life is good.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #607: Jan 14, 2019 02:05:10 pm
      Great facts and very compelling...  I have highlighted one though and have to ask... Has this one more to do with the arrival of VVD than the change in play...? I would wager the answer is yes

A) They were for they were representative of the same team this season and last.... We have bought in players this season, Allison,Fab' Shaqiri, Keita remember...

But I will "Stop bringing in facts to the situation for goodness sake - you know they are meaningless compared to nonsense statements"

You are talking so much nonesense mate. You been on the gear this weekend?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #608: Jan 14, 2019 02:29:09 pm

Sorry mate but this post is complete and utter bollocks of a reply.
      If this is your genuine reply to my post with the stats then why did you initially, and wrongly I add, make the comparison about our chances and conversion this year compared to last? If we are looking at it as you say - different players and a different system why did you make the comment about us not being as clinical with more chances being created? So if my post isn’t relevant then yours certainly isn’t seeing as you were making incorrect comparisons, regardless of players and system.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2019 02:37:59 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #609: Jan 14, 2019 03:13:45 pm
      If this is your genuine reply to my post with the stats then why did you initially, and wrongly I add, make the comparison about our chances and conversion this year compared to last? If we are looking at it as you say - different players and a different system why did you make the comment about us not being as clinical with more chances being created? So if my post isn’t relevant then yours certainly isn’t seeing as you were making incorrect comparisons, regardless of players and system.
      Checkmate.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #610: Jan 14, 2019 04:32:58 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #611: Jan 14, 2019 05:05:01 pm
      Maybe you should read back and see what you have posted towards people posting positive messages about Henderson and Lovren- then possibly you will see how much of a hypocrite you are

Why don't you give me some examples?

And I'll be gobsmacked if I've randomly attacked somebody without somebody insulting me first.

I'll wait.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #612: Jan 14, 2019 05:08:39 pm
      Or without someone saying "You and Klopp don't know what you are talking about, Henderson is sh*te".

Henderson is sh*te. Won't get a game for any of the other top 6 or any other top European club.

When we play title deciders, finals and any other big game he shouldn't be starting because he's not that level.

I'm glad more and more reds are seeing this now and I believe klopp knows it too and if it wasn't for injuries and Keita struggling to hit the ground running then we would have seen less of him.

And ah, that famous 'well klopp thinks this so I think it too'.  Bore off lad you sheep. Why do you bother coming on here then? Just to say that? How F***ing boring are you?

Get an opinion yourself and have something interesting to say for once.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #613: Jan 14, 2019 05:14:40 pm
      Right, so they come on for a wind up, spouting nonsense.
      And when that happens, imho they deserve all they get.

Who are you referring to?

Because the posts I read are anything but a wind up. It's just sensible and interesting input.

We didn't play well on Saturday did we? So let's talk about it.

This 'let's ignore the performance because we are top' is just childish. Look at how many people cry over it and get their little knickers in a twist. Supposed to be grown fellers and they're acting like little 8 year olds.  Funnily enough I have a son who is 8 and he wouldn't spit his dummy out like half of the idiots on here. I feel embarrassed for some of them. I can just imagine they sleep in Liverpool pyjamas and Liverpool bedding. Need to grow up Ffs.

Yes we're top. Yes we're having a wonderful league campaign. Yes our defence has been magnificent all season. Yes Brighton away is a very tough game and one which I said so myself in the Pre match thread that we wouldn't blow them away - far from it. BUT we can STILL talk about the performance not being great you know, and anyone who gets offended or shouts the people down who do talk about it are f**king dick heads in my opinion.  Childish idiots.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #614: Jan 14, 2019 05:19:20 pm

Are we ?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #615: Jan 14, 2019 05:21:28 pm
      In truth mate I did not know those stat we out there and was taken back when you posted them...

The edit can a good few hours after when it accrued to me that it is two different LFC teams playing different systems

I believe that the team we have now is far superior to last seasons team and if we played as we did last season we would not have lost to City for one or drawn some of the games we had this season because last seasons system i believe suited the front three more
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #616: Jan 14, 2019 05:25:04 pm
      different players and a different system why did you make the comment about us not being as clinical with more chances being created?

clarify this please
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #617: Jan 14, 2019 05:43:14 pm

7 clear and having a beer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #618: Jan 14, 2019 05:51:13 pm

Points in the bank and i am having a w*nk
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #619: Jan 14, 2019 06:05:48 pm
      Henderson is sh*te. Won't get a game for any of the other top 6 or any other top European club.

Thank you for proving my point and for proving yourself a hypocrite. Have a good one.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #620: Jan 14, 2019 06:08:18 pm
      Thank you for proving my point and for proving yourself a hypocrite. Have a good one.

Care to explain?

Quick Reply