Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      36 (28.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (16%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (4.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      33 (26.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Jan 16, 2019 04:52:05 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31926 times
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Jan 14, 2019 06:10:37 pm
      Hendo is sh*te !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #622: Jan 14, 2019 06:16:01 pm

So is this conversation
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #623: Jan 14, 2019 06:33:42 pm
      But took a penalty to score, Not good enough

Three points though, good enough!! ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #624: Jan 14, 2019 06:36:17 pm
      Not talking about getting higher, talking about playing better... What so wrong in wanting that...?

We are playing better, just it's now defensively or haven't you noticed all those clean sheets.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #625: Jan 14, 2019 06:54:32 pm

Out on our own,we're having a moan.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #626: Jan 14, 2019 06:57:22 pm
      We are playing better, just it's now defensively or haven't you noticed all those clean sheets.
      Yeah we are, but at the cost of our attacking play, front three are playing better than they were early season but still struggling compered to last season... Just wonder  how much our change in style has anything to do with it
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #627: Jan 14, 2019 06:59:27 pm
      Henderson is sh*te. Won't get a game for any of the other top 6 or any other top European club.

Is that a fact or your opinion?, as you seem to degrade others opinion but state yours as the truth.

Probably what FL is referring to btw.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #628: Jan 14, 2019 06:59:51 pm
      Sorry mate but this post is complete and utter bollocks of a reply.
      If this is your genuine reply to my post with the stats then why did you initially, and wrongly I add, make the comparison about our chances and conversion this year compared to last? If we are looking at it as you say - different players and a different system why did you make the comment about us not being as clinical with more chances being created? So if my post isn’t relevant then yours certainly isn’t seeing as you were making incorrect comparisons, regardless of players and system.

Game set and match
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #629: Jan 14, 2019 07:02:55 pm
      Henderson is sh*te. Won't get a game for any of the other top 6 or any other top European club.

When we play title deciders, finals and any other big game he shouldn't be starting because he's not that level.

I'm glad more and more reds are seeing this now and I believe klopp knows it too and if it wasn't for injuries and Keita struggling to hit the ground running then we would have seen less of him.

And ah, that famous 'well klopp thinks this so I think it too'.  Bore off lad you sheep. Why do you bother coming on here then? Just to say that? How f**king boring are you?

Get an opinion yourself and have something interesting to say for once.

More insults
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #630: Jan 14, 2019 07:04:07 pm
      Who are you referring to?

Because the posts I read are anything but a wind up. It's just sensible and interesting input.

We didn't play well on Saturday did we? So let's talk about it.

This 'let's ignore the performance because we are top' is just childish. Look at how many people cry over it and get their little knickers in a twist. Supposed to be grown fellers and they're acting like little 8 year olds.  Funnily enough I have a son who is 8 and he wouldn't spit his dummy out like half of the idiots on here. I feel embarrassed for some of them. I can just imagine they sleep in Liverpool pyjamas and Liverpool bedding. Need to grow up Ffs.

Yes we're top. Yes we're having a wonderful league campaign. Yes our defence has been magnificent all season. Yes Brighton away is a very tough game and one which I said so myself in the Pre match thread that we wouldn't blow them away - far from it. BUT we can STILL talk about the performance not being great you know, and anyone who gets offended or shouts the people down who do talk about it are f**king dick heads in my opinion.  Childish idiots.

More insults - blimey they are just flowing tonigh
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #631: Jan 14, 2019 07:20:52 pm
      Made up with the result, proper league winning performance. And let's be honest they never really unduly worried us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #632: Jan 14, 2019 07:22:14 pm
      Yeah we are, but at the cost of our attacking play, front three are playing better than they were early season but still struggling compered to last season... Just wonder  how much our change in style has anything to do with it

And yet that change has seen us concede less goals. I'm F***ing made up with the way we're playing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #633: Jan 14, 2019 07:33:22 pm

Struggling our way to the top of the table - they aren’t “struggling” at all - teams have set up a little different against us and Klopp has adjusted things slightly to find a better balance. The front three are doing their jobs and playing well just as the middle three are and the back four are - the tactics being employed right now have us sat a top of the table with our own destiny in head. There is no “cost” - notbing is being sacrificed- Klopp and his team are trying to win the league here

Now you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smiley

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #634: Jan 14, 2019 08:48:37 pm
      And yet that change has seen us concede less goals. I'm f**king made up with the way we're playing.
      Was it the  change  style or the change in player... Karius for Allison... Lovren, Matip, Klavan,Moreno for VVD, Lovren, Gomez,Robertson (Moreno started a fair few of that twenty two games)

Midfield the addition of Fab'
      Better defenders... As I have said 7KK7 stat would be more valid if they were with the same set of players playing both systems
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #635: Jan 14, 2019 08:48:58 pm
      Struggling our way to the top of the table - they aren’t “struggling” at all - teams have set up a little different against us and Klopp has adjusted things slightly to find a better balance. The front three are doing their jobs and playing well just as the middle three are and the back four are - the tactics being employed right now have us sat a top of the table with our own destiny in head. There is no “cost” - notbing is being sacrificed- Klopp and his team are trying to win the league here

Now you have a few choices - be an adult and either respond respectfully or ignore it - or you can be a child and post your waving smiley

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Kopite78
      Reply #636: Jan 14, 2019 08:51:16 pm
      Was it the  change  style or the change in player...

Both

But don't think without the change of player then we could make the change in formation

Let's not pretend they're one in the same thing.

And you can't take either away from the manager
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #637: Jan 14, 2019 08:56:51 pm
      I'm f**king made up with the way we're playing.
      So am I , it is just that i want to see us playing better...

I don't want to see us going in the games hoping we can hold City, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd Bayern , Barca Or Real, I want us going into those games with them hoping that they can hold us...

I want us to be really feared

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #638: Jan 14, 2019 08:58:44 pm
      Both

But don't think without the change of player then we could make the change in formation

Let's not pretend they're one in the same thing.

And you can't take either away from the manager
      Quite correct
      Kopite78
      Reply #639: Jan 14, 2019 08:59:39 pm
      So am I , it is just that i want to see us playing better...

I don't want to see us going in the games hoping we can hold City, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd Bayern , Barca Or Real, I want us going into those games with them hoping that they can hold us...

I want us to be really feared

We are feared you nut

Have you heard players and manager's talk about us?

We've had to adapt to become better, City play pretty much the same way against every one they play apart from us because they're scared what we can do to them

Teams don't come out against us as much now because we will take them apart toe to toe so we've had to adapt to that.

Believe me if teams took us on we would still play the same way but they don't
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #640: Jan 14, 2019 10:12:19 pm
      Who are you referring to?

Because the posts I read are anything but a wind up. It's just sensible and interesting input.

Whoever I was replying to, Reid I think.

Seriously though - the recent stuff in this thread about us not being good enough etc. - sensible and interesting? C'mon.

Throwing a random statement out then trying to back it up, while completely ignoring *CONTEXT* just gets annoying. Comes across as complaining for the sake of it  ... ie.  winding up.

Opinions on Hendo differ, and that's fine - it's subjective. But the FACT is we are top of the table by 4 points. So to be constantly banging on about how we should be doing better - OK, you're entitled to the opinion - but don't expect too many people to agree, or take you seriously when making it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #641: Jan 15, 2019 09:25:22 am

Went the childish route - seems that’s the token way when you are shown to be talking complete horse sh*te

Will give you a  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: as a last word and awaiting your next tranche of complete nonsense
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #642: Jan 15, 2019 11:25:30 am
      We are feared you nut

Have you heard players and manager's talk about us?

We've had to adapt to become better, City play pretty much the same way against every one they play apart from us because they're scared what we can do to them

Teams don't come out against us as much now because we will take them apart toe to toe so we've had to adapt to that.

Believe me if teams took us on we would still play the same way but they don't

This is bang on. Opposition sides are playing differently, that's not to say that they have figured us out but I think Klopp is having to make some adjustments (and we have already seen these with Mo playing as an out and out number 9 in some games this season which has changed Firmino's role in the side also). City stumbled on to a nice method of playing against in that they really pressed our midfield three but had their full-backs stay home and deny the space that Mo and Mane normally like to run into. Naturally we will see others try to do the same thing.

Also, we still had games last season (and that was with Coutinho in the side) where the oppo parked the bus and we lacked the creativity to make the most of the possession we had. At times that has been the case this season as well so I think it's a myth to say we just rolled teams over last year playing a certain style.

To be honest i'm just loving the fact we can fookin defend!!! It has been so so long since we've been able to have any sort of confidence in keeping clean sheets but this season we have defended as spectacularly as we attacked in the previous season. And as my sason ticket holder City mate keeps telling me 'the City defence is Bobbins'. When the games get tight (which they will) i'd rather have our backline than theirs.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #643: Jan 15, 2019 11:38:27 am
      Went the childish route - seems that’s the token way when you are shown to be talking complete horse sh*te

Will give you a  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: as a last word and awaiting your next tranche of complete nonsense

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply