Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Crystal Palace (19/01/19 - 15:00)

Read 15312 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Liverpool V Crystal Palace (19/01/19 - 15:00)
      Jan 15, 2019 04:40:32 pm

Assuming that both Trent & Gini miss out, this is the team I’d like to see. Matip made the bench last week so should be okay to play. We could use Keita in the midfield two and keep Fabinho at centre back but I like the protection offered by Hendo & Fab against the threat of Palace counters.

They should not be underestimated and have already won at the Etihad this season. Still we should have too much and I expect the 7 point gap to be back before City play Sunday. 2-0 Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Crystal Palace (19/01/19 - 15:00)
      Reply #1: Jan 15, 2019 05:01:56 pm
      Trent expected to be out 4 weeks?  :-\
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2: Jan 15, 2019 05:05:45 pm

Assuming that both Trent & Gini miss out, this is the team I’d like to see. Matip made the bench last week so should be okay to play. We could use Keita in the midfield two and keep Fabinho at centre back but I like the protection offered by Hendo & Fab against the threat of Palace counters.

They should not be underestimated and have already won at the Etihad this season. Still we should have too much and I expect the 7 point gap to be back before City play Sunday. 2-0 Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I’d be tempted to go Naby for Shaq - keen to see Naby get a run.

Otherwise spot on for me.

Gives Gini - our top mid by a mile - a week back in his legs too.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #3: Jan 15, 2019 05:05:55 pm
      With Milner at RB and Gini out, I think Jürgen will prefer to start with Keita-Fab-Hendo midfield and switch the front 3 around, just like he did at Wolves, just Matip in place of Lovren.

Bobby Mo Mane
      Keita Fab Hendo
      Robbo Virgil Matip Milner
      Alisson

Subs: Mig, Camacho, Hoever, Moreno, Jones, Shaqiri, Origi, Sturridge

He-who-must-not-be-named is certain to field a 4-5-1 with Zaha as the sole striker but will probably drift out to left to try disrupt the Milner-Matip axis, think that's where Hendo's role could be crucial to ensure supply to Zaha from Schlupp & van Aanholt is minimal.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #4: Jan 15, 2019 05:07:54 pm

I get this feeling he just hasn't earned Klopp's starting-trust to this point.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Jan 15, 2019 05:08:40 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #6: Jan 15, 2019 05:24:18 pm
      I get this feeling he just hasn't earned Klopp's starting-trust to this point.

No he defo hasn’t you’re right.

I’ve just reflected on a few posters who said he’ll never be trusted......till he’s trusted and opting to get him in now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jan 15, 2019 05:34:46 pm

Otherwise spot on for me.

Agreed, but Keita isn’t doing himself any favours at the moment with his performances when he is on the pitch and seems like Klopp is reluctant to put trust in him now. At the same time though, Shaq hasn’t been anywhere near as good the last 2 games, think it was a lack of defensive work and general work rate in the last game that led to him being taken off. So whilst I can’t see Shaq starting, is Klopp going to look for other ways to replace him than Keita?

A note on Palace; having a keeper crisis there, Guaita went off injured at half time last time out and Hennessy has also picked up an injury so they are calling on Speroni now, don’t think he has played a game all season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #8: Jan 15, 2019 05:34:51 pm
      I’m going up to Anfield for this one!

Staying overnight - any good recommendations for a boozy night out?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Jan 15, 2019 05:38:13 pm
      I wonder if Matip is 100% fit to start? We could get Milner, Fabinho, VVD & Robertson back 4 with Keita and Hendo in the middle!

Shaqiri 100% starts for me, he is our most creative AMC, and will be much needed vs an organised defensive CP team.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #10: Jan 15, 2019 05:45:11 pm
      Got to have Fab in Midfiled for creation especially at home Gini and Hendo do not offer the creative side at all. Shaq and Keita  toss up between the two think Shaq will get the nod. Matip in at CB
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #11: Jan 15, 2019 05:45:42 pm
      Agreed, but Keita isn’t doing himself any favours at the moment with his performances when he is on the pitch and seems like Klopp is reluctant to put trust in him now. At the same time though, Shaq hasn’t been anywhere near as good the last 2 games, think it was a lack of defensive work and general work rate in the last game that led to him being taken off. So whilst I can’t see Shaq starting, is Klopp going to look for other ways to replace him than Keita?

A note on Palace; having a keeper crisis there, Guaita went off injured at half time last time out and Hennessy has also picked up an injury so they are calling on Speroni now, don’t think he has played a game all season.

Agreed mate.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Jan 15, 2019 05:45:56 pm
      I wonder if Matip is 100% fit to start? We could get Milner, Fabinho, VVD & Robertson back 4 with Keita and Hendo in the middle!

Shaqiri 100% starts for me, he is our most creative AMC, and will be much needed vs an organised defensive CP team.

I would be tempted to go with Nabby and hold Shaq in reserve. Hard on Shaq but Klopp should try to kick start Nabby. Tell him to get slightly higher where it counts. Get in the mix with the front 3. Should have enough to put Palace away. Give Nabby a chance in a game where we have a bit to spare.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jan 15, 2019 05:46:50 pm
      If Matip fit to start …

Alisson
      Milner
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo
      Hendo
      Fab
      Shaq
      Mane
      Salah
      Firmino

If Matip not up to starting, would play Fab there again, and guess start Keita.
      Would prefer not to start Keita though based on watching him/form.
      The bench is starting to look very light.
      At least we can still field a strong first XI - goes without saying, need another 3 points here.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #14: Jan 15, 2019 05:46:57 pm
      Got to have Fab in Midfiled for creation especially at home Gini and Hendo do not offer the creative side at all. Shaq and Keita  toss up between the two think Shaq will get the nod. Matip in at CB
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Jan 15, 2019 06:02:04 pm
      But we need all the squad up to speed and strength in depth could well be vital in this fight against Cities strength in depth. This is why I'm touting for Nabby to start. If he gets in and kick starts he could be a great help. And in this game I believe we have a bit to spare. We don't know if injuries  will play a part. This is a chance to get Nabby into the mix, fully up to speed.It will only take 15-20 minutes quality from the lad.One great goal or assist and he could start believing in himself. This is no sleight on Shaq. He has arrived.

Nabby...our club needs you. Get in there mate.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: Jan 15, 2019 06:08:27 pm
      Only real selection issue is Ketia or Shaqiri (assuming Matip is fit to slot back into CB). Though I do agree Shaqiri last two starts have not been his best I would still go with him based on my preference of more attacking line-up and Naby not showing anything lately to displace Shiqiri from the starting XI.

Hope for a couple early goals and a fairly routine win for us, Palace are struggling at the moment and are prime for a good beating.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2019 06:18:28 pm
      Think Clint has nailed it with his selection,  and its what I'd go with too, although id be tempted to give Naby a run out being at home, we've lacked a bit of creativity from midfield recently and Shaq would have a better impact off the bench than Naby would,

Gutted Trent misses out and that opens things up for Saha, i dont fancy Milner up against Wilf if im honest,  so could we see Fabinho slotted in at RB with Milner in front, Hendo centre and Naby left side,
      Usual suspects up front,...
      Alternatively...could we see young Hoever in at RB ? Doubtful, but you never know with our Jürgen ...most likely x1....

....                Alisson
            Milner Matip VvD Robbo   
                          Fabinho
                  Hendo         Keita
             Salah     Firmino      Mane       

Possible.....
                             Alisson
              Fabinho Matip VvD Robbo
                   Milner  Hendo  Keita
                      Firmino      Mane
                                  Salah

Don't envisage Palace giving us too many issues, however that does not mean we can take them lightly like what Shitty did and got burned,
      Funny one this, i suppose its which Palace turns up, whoever does i want us to be ruthless,  obviously take the game to them and f***in batter them senseless,  i want to see that face rubbing tw*t doing just that,  rubbing his mush in frustration, potential banana skin opponent so need to tread carefully,

3-0 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #18: Jan 15, 2019 06:52:06 pm
      Wilfried Zaha (if Fit) v.s. James Milner. a long old day for Milner if palace chose to play him on that side
      But If Matip starts them I expect Fab' to start at RB
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Jan 15, 2019 06:55:31 pm
      Palace are struggling at the moment and are prime for a good beating.

Since the 13/14 collapse / 3-3 draw with CP, never take this one as a given.
      And seeing them beat Citeh, granted with a worldy from Townsend, they can be good on their day.

But we've a bit more steel about us these days, so hoping we can do the business again.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 07:05:48 pm by bmck »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #20: Jan 15, 2019 07:52:56 pm
      Another chance to go Sevenpoints clear, concentrate and a hard fast start and let's put the pressure back on City, let's hope the Clyne situation doesn't bite us on te arse
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jan 15, 2019 07:54:36 pm
      I’ll keep pushing for Naby to start.

Fab being freed up to play midfield also is a big plus.

Genuinely would prefer Camacho to Milly at right back. Need pace out there against Palace. Milly could get torn a new one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #22: Jan 15, 2019 08:44:07 pm
      Gini and Trent out for this one then?

Alisson

Milner    Matip    Van Dijk    Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson    Keita

Salah    Firmino    Mane

Save Shaqiri as an impact sub.

Palace aren't very good so I expect 3 points this weekend.

Quick Reply