Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joao Felix (Benfica)

Read 55888 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Joao Felix (Benfica)
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2019 02:11:27 pm
      Klopp was keen on Keita too, look how that's turned out so far ;-)
      Just because you pick one that does not live up to expectation it does not mine you should not sign anyone else from that club...

I could name two players straight away that did not make it in the Premier League but were exceptional players before and after they left thier respective club...

Diego Forlan... Nothing went for him when at Utd, but when on  to be one of the most feared strikers in Europe

Juan Sebastian Veron... From Utd were he looked a shade of the player they though that they were getting to Chelsea were he was played in a different system and showed why Utd bought him in the first place

Ok there is no grantee on what you will get, but the same can be said of ever player
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2019 09:03:16 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2019 07:20:54 pm
      Don’t know about this Felix lad but there’s a top Portuguese lad at Wolves who’d grace our club. Neves?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2019 07:32:17 pm
      Klopp was keen on Keita too, look how that's turned out so far ;-)

Hate statements like this!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Jan 21, 2019 02:21:45 am
      Don’t know about this Felix lad but there’s a top Portuguese lad at Wolves who’d grace our club. Neves?

Was thinking the same mate....watching that thru ball he did that split the 2 Leicester defenders and his long range shots reminds me a bit of Xabi Alonso.

Could we get him, would someone like him interest Jürgen and what would be his cost?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2019 06:57:32 am
      I don't think we've made a €70m bid because that's an insane amount of money for a 19 year old and I couldn't see Benfica rejecting that sort of money?!

But I do totally believe that we might be interested, he's a great prospect, broke into the team recently and already looks like their best player.

Lazar blablabla Markovic, can you guys be any more predictable? If you know nothing about a player you can just say so, it's not required that you pass on your opinion on everything, baffling as this might sound to your ego! Benfica sold us Markovic, but they also sold Bernardo Silva to Monaco, and plenty other great players to different teams.

He would not be the first teenager we have paid a record fee for,I refer to Alun Evans and there have been others.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2019 07:20:58 am
      If we tabled a bid, then I feel all the scouting/coaching department see something truly special in this kid.

Dare I say it, same thing Utd did for Cristiano ....
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2019 08:48:08 am

Neves is decent, but he isn't better than Fabinho.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Jan 21, 2019 08:51:30 am
      Neves is decent, but he isn't better than Fabinho.

Different players arent they?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #31: Jan 21, 2019 09:05:18 am

Maybe in roles, but both play in the same position (deeper) and I would prefer to have a play maker who would play higher up the pitch.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #32: Jan 21, 2019 06:51:41 pm
      I reckon it’s bollocks the fee of €70m. We wouldn’t take that kind of risk unless there were a damn sight more evidence he was worth it. A season or two at least. He’s played what 8 first team games? It would be like us doing what Barcelona did with Dembele. F**k that!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #33: Jan 21, 2019 07:01:23 pm

They are.

I'd have Neves here in a heartbeat. He's something different form what we have in midfield for me with a bit of an eye for goal especially from distance.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #34: Jan 23, 2019 09:17:19 am
      If we tabled a bid, then I feel all the scouting/coaching department see something truly special in this kid.

Dare I say it, same thing Utd did for Cristiano ....

Hmmmm!! Ronaldo and Ricardo Quresma was both offered to us for 12 million and Gerald H turned it down the year b4 Ronaldo went to manure
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35: Jan 23, 2019 01:38:22 pm
      I too am very knee on Neves, but why not go for both...?

Milner is getting on, Lallana has no end product to his game, Henderson average...

We should be looking to move these players on...

I believe some supporters get to sentimental about players. Milner,Henderson, and Lallana were good signings some five or seven years back, but now...?

City would not sit still if they had these players so why should LFC...?
      City has quality all the way through out thier team. If they make a sub' what that sub' brings to the game maybe different but the quality is still there. We make a sub and the quality drops off...

We should always be looking to sign better than we already have in all position and the players they coming for then becomes a squad player. That is how we improve the team. Simplistic I know, but the truth all the same
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Jan 23, 2019 01:44:25 pm
      I don't think we've made a €70m bid because that's an insane amount of money for a 19 year old and I couldn't see Benfica rejecting that sort of money?!

But I do totally believe that we might be interested, he's a great prospect, broke into the team recently and already looks like their best player.

Lazar blablabla Markovic, can you guys be any more predictable? If you know nothing about a player you can just say so, it's not required that you pass on your opinion on everything, baffling as this might sound to your ego! Benfica sold us Markovic, but they also sold Bernardo Silva to Monaco, and plenty other great players to different teams.

nuff said
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #37: Jan 24, 2019 02:19:09 pm
      I too am very knee on Neves, but why not go for both...?

I believe some supporters get to sentimental about players. Milner,Henderson, and Lallana were good signings some five or seven years back, but now...?

Completely agree on Lallana and Hendo, not Liverpool quality anymore. Fab and Keita should be regulars and I'm a little annoyed that Keita isn't given more game time, he just needs games to come up to speed. Otherwise he's quality. I think we should replace Hendo and Lallana with 1 quality holding midfielder in the summer. Bearing in mind Ox will be back and with Gini and Shaqiri, we'll have enough depth and quality in midfield.

The only one I don't agree with is Milner, I think he has a lot to offer in terms of his versatility in different positions, that's gold dust when you're struggling with multiple injuries. His experience is also very valuable for guiding younger players, especially in pressure cooker games to help keep calm heads. He's getting on a bit, but his input is more than just a midfielder.

Otherwise agree mate, we need to shed the sentimentality and start replacing better than average players with Liverpool quality in the summer. We're only 1 or 2 players off that I reckon.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: Jan 29, 2019 08:23:26 pm
      One goal and one great assist tonight. This guy looks really special.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Jan 29, 2019 09:01:49 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #40: Jan 29, 2019 10:12:54 pm

was a good match, had one eye on this match and the other on the city match. the lad looks like he might have a great future
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #41: Jan 30, 2019 05:29:00 pm
      In BBC gossip, talkssport are linking this lad with scum.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2019 08:06:25 pm
      Scored twice against Sporting today, one goal stood and the other was ruled out by VAR. Also suffered a penalty as Benfica beat their rivals by 4-2.

This boy is special, really special.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2019 09:03:27 pm
      Scored twice against Sporting today, one goal stood and the other was ruled out by VAR. Also suffered a penalty as Benfica beat their rivals by 4-2.

What type of player is he, and is he more a central midfielder or attacking one?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2019 09:06:40 pm
      I've seen him play a couple of times for Benfica, but he does look like something else, even if the Portuguese league isn't anything special. I've seen him play more centrally and also on the left side. Not sure what his best position might be, but what is impressive about him is his ability on the ball, his movement, the way he's comfortable in crowded areas, especially for a 19 year old. And he's also been scoring for them in the few chances he's had so far. He's only recently broken into the first team so I find that €70m rumour hard to believe, but he's by far their most exciting player. Smart, very good technically, brave on the ball. I could see Klopp being interested

Just found your post :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2019 10:01:47 pm

So he scored once ;).

Seriously though, it really helps having someone who watches him play, personally I’ve never heard of him until this, expect that’s the same with a lot of people so it’s good getting your insight on the player. If he’s as good as you say he is, then hopefully we don’t pass him by.

What’s his work rate like? Aside from having potential, does he look like he’d have the work rate that is expected from Klopp?

Quick Reply