Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joao Felix (Benfica)

Read 55868 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Joao Felix (Benfica)
      Reply #115: Apr 23, 2019 09:34:10 pm

120mill Euros is his release clause. Probably go for about 70 - 80mill Euros IMO.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #116: Apr 23, 2019 10:07:01 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #117: Apr 23, 2019 11:03:41 pm
      You aren't going to spunk 80 milliion on someone in order for them to be loaned back, ridiculous
      Guess It is about the money... It is O.K. to pay £59.00 for Keita and loan him back but not for a young talent like Joao Felix...?   :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #118: Apr 23, 2019 11:10:37 pm
      Guess It is about the money... It is O.K. to pay £59.00 for Keita and loan him back but not for a young talent like Joao Felix...?   :roll:

Wrong. We didn’t loan Keita back. The transfer didn’t go through until summer 2018, until that point he was still a Leipzig player, we just had a contractual agreement to sign the player at a later date. We were pushing hard to sign Keita that summer but Leipzig were adamant he wasn’t going anywhere, there was no agreement for us to sign him that season to then loan him back. He wasn’t going anywhere that season. Why would we have pushed that hard to sign him, paid as much as we did and then loan him back? He arrived when he did because that was when Leipzig agreed to a departure, and that was only because a release clause was coming into play last summer, otherwise I’d put money on him probably still being there now.
      Kopite78
      Reply #119: Apr 24, 2019 07:03:10 am
      Wrong. We didn’t loan Keita back. The transfer didn’t go through until summer 2018, until that point he was still a Leipzig player, we just had a contractual agreement to sign the player at a later date. We were pushing hard to sign Keita that summer but Leipzig were adamant he wasn’t going anywhere, there was no agreement for us to sign him that season to then loan him back. He wasn’t going anywhere that season. Why would we have pushed that hard to sign him, paid as much as we did and then loan him back? He arrived when he did because that was when Leipzig agreed to a departure, and that was only because a release clause was coming into play last summer, otherwise I’d put money on him probably still being there now.

Don't confuse him with facts
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2019 07:44:52 am by Kopite78 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #120: Apr 24, 2019 07:37:53 am

We didn’t pay £59mil for Keita and loan him back - we got the deal sorted early and his transfer was to be completed at the end of the season
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #121: Apr 24, 2019 10:17:05 am
      Because there was an article saying we had made an offer for him and not been anything since to say whether that’s true or not.
      Last I checked we weren’t being linked with Messi, Hazard and Ronaldo.

Damn your logic...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #122: Apr 24, 2019 11:38:59 am

OK I stand corrected , we didn't loan him back technically, But we could still make the same sort of deal with Benfica as we did with Leipzig for Keita... That was the point i was making
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #123: Apr 24, 2019 12:36:14 pm
      OK I stand corrected , we didn't loan him back technically, But we could still make the same sort of deal with Benfica as we did with Leipzig for Keita... That was the point i was making

No, there's no "technically" about it.
      He was still their player until the end of that season.
      We had an agreement to buy him, that's all.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #124: Apr 24, 2019 01:27:31 pm

As Swab said, there is nothing "technical" about it and Keita is not the proper example. If you want a like-for-like comparison, i think Chelsea is a proper one where they bought Pulisic in January and is loaned back to Dortmind until season is over.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #125: Apr 24, 2019 01:43:00 pm
      No, there's no "technically" about it.
      He was still their player until the end of that season.
      We had an agreement to buy him, that's all.

Stop bringing factual evidence into it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #126: Apr 24, 2019 03:41:59 pm
      Because there was an article saying we had made an offer for him and not been anything since to say whether that’s true or not.
      Last I checked we weren’t being linked with Messi, Hazard and Ronaldo.

fair enough
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #127: May 04, 2019 07:08:28 am
      He will end up at Man City
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #128: May 04, 2019 11:12:16 am

Would rather he goes to Man Utd, they will be desperate to make big signings this summer and they are happy to pay infinite salaries.

BTW Obviously I'd rather he goes to us but no way will we be paying massively inflated fee for a largely unproven player, outside of Portugal, we learnt that lesson with Markovic!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #129: May 07, 2019 06:13:37 pm
      City bound apparently.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #130: May 07, 2019 07:10:07 pm

Seen about 6 payers apparently City bound today. Don’t think they are close to anyone IMO.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #131: May 13, 2019 08:50:10 pm
      another goal last night, this time a tap in
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxp5yIvYozU
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #132: May 23, 2019 10:57:43 am
      Great prospect, outstanding ability and attitude, some price for a 19 year old. 120m euro!!! Would much prefer Nicolas Bepe (Lille)

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #133: Jun 18, 2019 12:16:12 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #134: Jun 18, 2019 01:33:25 pm

I guess he is the Griezmann replacement. Fair play to them for snapping one of the hottest properties in football!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #135: Jun 18, 2019 01:45:58 pm
      I guess he is the Griezmann replacement. Fair play to them for snapping one of the hottest properties in football!

Rodri going too. Juanfran, godin, luus felipe probably going too
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #136: Jun 18, 2019 01:48:32 pm
      Rodri going too. Juanfran, godin, luus felipe probably going too

Filipe Luís leaving on a free? I wonder if it's worth snapping him up as cover for Robertson.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #137: Jun 18, 2019 01:52:59 pm
      Ah, that's sad. I wish he'd stay one more year at Benfica. But then again it's incredible money for a 19 year old.
      But I do remember the Benfica president saying they'd keep their talents to be able to compete in Europe or words to that effect. I wonder how their fans are feeling about this ;D

Quick Reply