Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      16 (11.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      37 (26.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      52 (37.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2019 04:54:48 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29941 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Jan 22, 2019 10:55:52 am
      Whereas I like to look at it from the goalkeeper's point of view. That is his job! :D

Regarding the second goal, it was a looped header that was a couple yards inside the far post. Alisson is covering barely a third of his goal with his positioning and body weight going to his left at time of impact.

Fair enough.

You can usually say with most goals the goalie could perhaps have done a bit better.

Im not going to be too harsh on our defense at the weekend, considering we were missing; gomez, lovren & trent.

If 2 of those 3 were playing, I reckon the score would have been a lot more comfortable.

Bonus is those 3 guys will be back sooner rather than later, all set for the final push of the season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #760: Jan 22, 2019 09:41:05 pm
      Its on for sure, If we can get to the Bayern game with another 9 points I will be even more a believer, as I think City will drop points by then.

Everything crossed Brother.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #761: Jan 26, 2019 02:49:20 pm
      Couldn't see the first 15 minutes, so checked into LiveScore to see if there were any developments. They now have a virtual tracker of games, a glorified computer simulation of what's going on. Came across some new phrases as well, so everytime the ball comes within 30 yards of goal, it's a "dangerous attack", and when the opposition defend it, they are "ball safe". Anyway apparantly not much happened, so when I could see it, there seemed little likelihood of the rollercoaster to come, except John Moss was in charge, and when that's the case, mayhem usually follows.

Having already denied us a stonewall pen for handball, a scuffle broke out over Mo just before half time, that took an age for him to sort out. I still can't decide if it was a foul or not, but either way, you wouldn't know what Moss would give, especially when there is no sound on the broadcast. By then, they had scored with their first attack, and I could see the keyboarders coming out to post their pieces up. That today was going to be the day, when everything we've done to this point would be rendered null and void.

Within 7 minutes of the game resuming, we had turned it around, and the panic was over, or so it seemed. Instantly, the pace of the game dropped off to walking pace level. With over half an hour left and us vulnerable to counter attacks, it seemed a bit early to me, for easing down. Most refs like to penalise pushing and holding at set plays, Moss didn't spot it on VVD and the equaliser stood. So we had to pick up the pace again and hunt down the winner. We were opening them up easy enough, but keeping the back door shut was a bigger problem. Before the game, I saw a pundit say their keeper would throw a howler at some point, given his status and lack of first team action. Sure enough he obliged and we went in front, so the pace could drop again. And it did for a while before the fireworks started. A third red card by Moss to one of our players in his last 4 LFC games iirc. When Mane made it 4-2, the game should have been done and dusted. But it wasn't, and so it was a nervy last couple of minutes. Not a great performance, a blast from the past at the back, but we got over the line.

We have scored 17 goals in the last 5 home league games. But we've gone behind in 4 of the last 5 games in all competitions, and that has to stop soon. Otherwise, the keyboarders will be out in force soon enough, posting online and printing offline what they have had to save as a draft, since the beginning of the season.

That is hopefully the last time we see Moss this season. He is by some distance the worst ref in the league, not just for us, but for everyone. And with the likes of Friend and Pawson and Taylor as colleagues, that's some achievement. I shudder the thought of him reffing us again before VAR comes in. At least then, someone in Stockley Park can cover for him and make him look good for a change.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #762: Jan 29, 2019 07:38:31 pm
      Relive the rollercoaster with the audio highlights.

https://youtu.be/mDkn56-_cQc

Quick Reply