Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bob Paisley

Read 8110 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Bob Paisley
      Jan 19, 2019 01:43:12 pm
      Happy birthday Bob,

Bob Paisley our most successful manager would have been 100 yrs old today, this man served LFC as a player, Physiotherapist,  trainer, and manager,

Bill Shankly built the foundations and Bob took over the helm when Bill resigned in 1974 although he was reluctant to do so,

In his tenure Bob won 6 league titles, 3 European cups,  1 Uefa cup, 1 Uefa super cup, 3 league cups, and 6 charity shields,

20 trophies in 9 years as manager,  in his first season as gaffer he finished second and until 1981 Liverpool FC under Bob never finished lower than runners up  in the league.

The Man was a complete genius, and yet so humble,  they don't ' Makem' like Bob anymore.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB

YNWA

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Bob Paisley
      Reply #1: Jan 19, 2019 09:39:26 pm
      Most successful manager ever, year for year.
      No other manager can match what he won, over a similar period of time.
      I recall in a pressie, he said,
      “There have been times when we’ve struggled as well. We came second once”
      Or words to that effect. The interviewer was just stunned 😂
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Jan 19, 2019 11:28:12 pm
      Most successful manager ever, year for year.
      No other manager can match what he won, over a similar period of time.
      I recall in a pressie, he said,
      “There have been times when we’ve struggled as well. We came second once”
      Or words to that effect. The interviewer was just stunned 😂

The greatest tactician, the best "reader" of a game of football. The best judge of a players capabilities and positions. He understood the physics of football more than any other. The most modest man in football. Simply the best football manager year for year, man for man EVER.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2019 01:02:04 am
      Loved sir bob
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2019 02:46:02 am
      Happy birthday Bob,

Bob Paisley our most successful manager would have been 100 yrs old today, this man served LFC as a player, Physiotherapist,  trainer, and manager,

Bill Shankly built the foundations and Bob took over the helm when Bill resigned in 1974 although he was reluctant to do so,

In his tenure Bob won 6 league titles, 3 European cups,  1 Uefa cup, 1 Uefa super cup, 3 league cups, and 6 charity shields,

20 trophies in 9 years as manager,  in his first season as gaffer he finished second and until 1981 Liverpool FC under Bob never finished lower than runners up  in the league.

The Man was a complete genius, and yet so humble,  they don't ' Makem' like Bob anymore.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB

YNWA

This .

YNWA    SIR Bob.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2019 03:10:31 am
      What a man!
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2019 04:05:15 am
      20 trophies in 9 years, what a legend!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2019 07:25:39 am
      I liked Bob as a player (left half in old money) and I liked him as a physio and trainer.I still recall Bob running on to the pitch with his bucket and sponge to treat an injured player (no fancy gadgets in those days)There is not a manager who could come anywhere near Bob for his loyalty and achievements with L.F.C. Happy Birthday Bob and rest assured number 19 is on it's way back to Anfield.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2019 09:19:45 am
      Well remembered by all who were alive in those great days. Used to talk to him regularly when he went into my mates garage every morning to pick his horses  for the day. Lovely man, and a treat to talk to. Thanks for everything you did for the Reds, Bob.
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2019 09:44:33 am by Fourbrick »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2019 11:02:23 am
      20 trophies in 9 years, what a legend!

Incredible to look back at. The golden days never to be repeated.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2019 11:52:58 am
      I’m curious to know..

Why have the club not commissioned a statue of Paisley alongside Shankly?..

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2019 01:55:49 am
      I’m curious to know..

Why have the club not commissioned a statue of Paisley alongside Shankly?..

That is a good question Shabs,it would be appreciated by the fans I am sure.
      xavi1980
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 21, 2019 01:29:16 pm
      hi

can someone please provide a link of a video of the kop singing ynwa please or the paisley mosaic

thanks
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2019 02:41:01 pm
      That is a good question Shabs,it would be appreciated by the fans I am sure.

I know the Shankly statue was commissioned & financed by then club sponsors Carlsberg...Maybe it a finance issue or image rights etc etc..

I’ll ask the question.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14: Nov 28, 2019 09:46:55 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Nov 29, 2019 12:50:10 am
      Before I download the App, someome please tell me what project Stand Red is.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16: Nov 29, 2019 07:49:07 am
      Before I download the App, someome please tell me what project Stand Red is.

Standard Chartered has used smart technology like voice modulation, artificial imagery (AI) and computer generated imagery (CGI) to celebrate what would have been legendary Liverpool football club manager Bob Paisley’s 100th birthday.
      The campaign, called ‘Project Stand Red’ and created by Octagon and MediaMonks, aims to highlight Paisley’s achievements to inspire and educate the next generation of Liverpool fans.

Paisley is Liverpool’s most successful manager and led the club from 1974 to 1983, during which he won twenty trophies in just nine seasons, including three European Cups (today’s Champions League) and six First Division (today’s English Premier League) titles.

A series of five films will front the campaign and will see a virtual Paisley tell unheard stories alongside one of his most famous signings, Ian Rush; interact with today's first team players and provide a rousing rallying call with current Liverpool manager, Jürgen Klopp, inspiring fans to ‘Stand Red’ for the 2019/20 season.

“As a bank we always have innovation top of mind. This approach extends to our partnership with Liverpool football club and Project Stand Red perfectly exemplifies our innovation mind-set by using smart technology to introduce one of Liverpool’s most beloved managers to the next generation of fans,” said Emma Sheller, the global head of brand and marketing at Standard Chartered.

https://www.thedrum.com/creative-works/project/octagon-standard-chartered-project-stand-red
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #17: Nov 29, 2019 10:07:38 am
      Found that a bit weird myself. Don't know the ins & outs of it and obviously his family would have given it the green light, but just the thought of a humble ex Durham Miner & Liverpool's greatest manager being re-created from beyond the grave using CGI to plug a multi-national corporate bank seems a bit off to me. Suppose it's just the world we live in
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Nov 29, 2019 04:21:42 pm
      Found that a bit weird myself. Don't know the ins & outs of it and obviously his family would have given it the green light, but just the thought of a humble ex Durham Miner & Liverpool's greatest manager being re-created from beyond the grave using CGI to plug a multi-national corporate bank seems a bit off to me. Suppose it's just the world we live in

If it isn't Bob in his slippers, flat cap and racing post in his arse pocket I don't want to know
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #19: Nov 29, 2019 04:45:36 pm

Yep,not a good look.has the feel of a marketing"genius"grubby hands trying to relate to the people but not really having a clue.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Nov 29, 2019 05:14:51 pm
      If it isn't Bob in his slippers, flat cap and racing post in his arse pocket I don't want to know

I think Mark Lawrenson said when he signed Sir Bob met him in his Cardigan and slippers at his Hotel. That's the kind of man you would want in the trenches with you Sir Bob was just an ordinary working class man who happened to be a footballing Genius.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #21: Nov 29, 2019 08:06:52 pm
      I think Mark Lawrenson said when he signed Sir Bob met him in his Cardigan and slippers at his Hotel. That's the kind of man you would want in the trenches with you Sir Bob was just an ordinary working class man who happened to be a footballing Genius.

Funny. I'm reading The Boot Room Boys and I just got to the chapter about Paisley titled the  "The Reluctant Leader".
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #22: Nov 29, 2019 10:03:47 pm
      Yeah he loved the horses,so much so he opened a little bookies in derby lane off old swan,used to see the great man every Saturday morning whilst putting me dads bet on & yeah he still wore the flat cap.

Quick Reply