Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      16 (11.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      37 (26.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      52 (37.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2019 04:54:48 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29948 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 19, 2019 09:47:31 pm
      Waiting for motd. listened on 5 live but difficult to get a grasp of the game on there. Mental, just mental.
      Not sure how my ticker held out, just glad of the well earned 3 points.
      Have to hope Fabs hammy is only a minor.
      On to the next one, enjoy the rest lads, and come back fully recharged.
      Only another 14 to win 😁
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #691: Jan 19, 2019 09:55:57 pm
      Yeah, had some fun on twitter with the crystal'zaha doesn't dive' palace fans

Exactly. Saw Zaha go down today like he’s been shot when he wasn’t touched....not a word about that though.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #692: Jan 19, 2019 09:59:07 pm
      Exactly. Saw Zaha go down today like he’s been shot when he wasn’t touched....not a word about that though.

Posted a link about how times he has been booked for diving only to be told they had all been refuted
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #693: Jan 19, 2019 10:38:48 pm
      Shearer is wrong about the Salah "dive"...Sakho clearly pulls at Salah's left shoulder...but if you have a agenda and your on TV you can ignore evidence.

Shearer off the pitch is losing credibility for me. Slight go at management, then went for the cushy TV job.
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019 11:13:05 pm by Harrisimo »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #694: Jan 19, 2019 10:49:29 pm
      Shearer is wrong about the Salah "dive"...Sakho clearly pulls at Salah's right shoulder...but if you have a agenda and your on TV you can ignore evidence.

Shearer off the pitch is losing credibility for me. Slight go at management, then went for the cushy TV job.

I don't disagree that there's a bigger deal being made out of it because it's Salah but it's still a dive. He went down about 3 seconds after the contact.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #695: Jan 19, 2019 11:08:40 pm
      I don't disagree that there's a bigger deal being made out of it because it's Salah but it's still a dive. He went down about 3 seconds after the contact.

No if you look it wasn't the kick...yes that was a second or two before Salah goes down...it was Sakho who pulls at Salah's left shoulder.

Is there enough for Salah to go down..impossible to say but Sakho pulls at Salah's left shoulder. Look at Salah's left shoulder..not at his feet and you will see the pull. Just on about 4.30 seconds of that footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-Ra6x90VY

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019 11:32:11 pm by Harrisimo »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #696: Jan 19, 2019 11:27:39 pm
      Scored against the run of play... fully expect the lads to level the score quickly second half..

😎
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #697: Jan 19, 2019 11:52:30 pm
      sh*t teams with pacy wingers don’t press them - luckily it’s just Palace and they still have another game v City.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #698: Jan 19, 2019 11:56:03 pm
      Hendo my MOTM.
      Thought he was fantastic.
      A proper captains display
      The second half comeback was fantastic.
      Yes we conceded two more goals BUT we kept our heads up and clearly the players never doubt their collective resolve and ability to not give in and continually push forward intelligently and go for it.
      That test will serve them brilliantly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #699: Jan 19, 2019 11:58:58 pm
      kicked in the ankle, shirt pulled and arm around his throat, it was not a dive.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #700: Jan 20, 2019 12:00:10 am
      Couldn't get a stream to watch the game today but it sounds like it was one hell of a game. We always seem to have thrillers against Palace and today was no different by the sound of it.

Fair play to Milner, that boy will play absolutely anywhere. To put him up against Zaha was a massive challenge for him. This is a massive result for us today. With our defensive injuries we could have been forgiven for drawing today. The right flank of our defence has been decimated and fair play to the lads who are stepping in and doing a job, even if it is not to the standards of their peers.

Milner was over stretched today without sufficient cover, in spite of that he did ok.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #701: Jan 20, 2019 12:15:49 am
      No if you look it wasn't the kick...yes that was a second or two before Salah goes down...it was Sakho who pulls at Salah's left shoulder.

Is there enough for Salah to go down..impossible to say but Sakho pulls at Salah's left shoulder. Look at Salah's left shoulder..not at his feet and you will see the pull. Just on about 4.30 seconds of that footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-Ra6x90VY

Good video there. Thanks.
      At 32.09 hour mark, why there's no penalty? The referee was just about 8 yards away. Lets give that idiotic garth crooks something to bite. he just came out of a cave.   

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #702: Jan 20, 2019 12:17:11 am

The slighest contact and he goes down to the ground looking for a free kick. That's what hey were looking for the whole evening.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #703: Jan 20, 2019 01:15:43 am
      Get the F**k in!!!

I was shitting myself before the game and all week and my nerves were warranted but what a comeback from our lads.

Finding ways to win with a makeshift defense. Grinding the wins out when not playing well has given me the confidence that when we went 1 behind, I knew we could come back and get 2 to get back in front. I didn't expect the end score though, just glad it was in our favour.

Really starting to believe that Number 19 is going to be ours in 2019

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnn.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #704: Jan 20, 2019 01:50:02 am
      Get the f**k in!!!

I was shitting myself before the game and all week and my nerves were warranted but what a comeback from our lads.

Finding ways to win with a makeshift defense. Grinding the wins out when not playing well has given me the confidence that when we went 1 behind, I knew we could come back and get 2 to get back in front. I didn't expect the end score though, just glad it was in our favour.

Really starting to believe that Number 19 is going to be ours in 2019

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnn.

It's been a LONG wait. Tbh, there were seasons/times where I was wondering if I'd EVER see us win a title again.
      13/14 was a great ride, and we got very close, closest in ages - but it feels different this time, more professional, we're better balanced. This squad has had big disappointments, loosing the CL final, the UEFA Cup. They have the scars - but now have the ammo and the hunger and the dedication to finally pull down big silverware.
      We keep winning matches, ticking off the games - there's a ways to go, but we're staying ahead.
      Can't relax, or take anything for granted - Citeh are a worthy contender - but every 3 points, is a game closer to the prize, one I used to almost take for granted in the days when we hoovered up trophies for fun.
      Would be absolutely gutted to see us let this go - but I don't think we will, this time.
      Least I F***ing hope not :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #705: Jan 20, 2019 04:55:57 am
      It's been a LONG wait. Tbh, there were seasons/times where I was wondering if I'd EVER see us win a title again.
      13/14 was a great ride, and we got very close, closest in ages - but it feels different this time, more professional, we're better balanced. This squad has had big disappointments, loosing the CL final, the UEFA Cup. They have the scars - but now have the ammo and the hunger and the dedication to finally pull down big silverware.
      We keep winning matches, ticking off the games - there's a ways to go, but we're staying ahead.
      Can't relax, or take anything for granted - Citeh are a worthy contender - but every 3 points, is a game closer to the prize, one I used to almost take for granted in the days when we hoovered up trophies for fun.
      Would be absolutely gutted to see us let this go - but I don't think we will, this time.
      Least I f**king hope not :)

I hope not too Brother.

I don't know how I will cope after 13-14 Season if we don't win the Title. Not sure I will come back from the shattering, if it does happen.

Let's just hope Huddersfield start by doing us a massive favour tonight under the guise of their new Temp Manager.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #706: Jan 20, 2019 07:22:56 am
      Henderson was a monster yesterday. His passing was excellent! Salah was clinical :) Keita has a lot of things to learn. We need our defense back to full fitness.

Overall, an excellent and vital three points. Well earned break. Imagine 11 days off without a game trying to remove the thought that we dropped points.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #707: Jan 20, 2019 07:34:29 am
      I must apologise- the mayhem and the heart attacks must have been down to my post which was used to start the thread  :lmao: 

At least I have a 100% record though
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #708: Jan 20, 2019 10:03:21 am
      Yes. Certainly be better competition in the squad.

Mate, Zaha signed for Utd and left because he was not a regular starter. It is unlikely he would sign for us if that was the case
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #709: Jan 20, 2019 10:27:50 am
      The media has Zaha being offered £44m by Dalian Yifang. That's a shitload of money.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #710: Jan 20, 2019 10:42:51 am
      Couldn't get a stream to watch the game today but it sounds like it was one hell of a game. We always seem to have thrillers against Palace and today was no different by the sound of it.

Fair play to Milner, that boy will play absolutely anywhere. To put him up against Zaha was a massive challenge for him. This is a massive result for us today. With our defensive injuries we could have been forgiven for drawing today. The right flank of our defence has been decimated and fair play to the lads who are stepping in and doing a job, even if it is not to the standards of their peers.

I said at the start of the Season that this squad lacked depth and it has showed recently, that is not to take anything away from those who have stepped in when required. Letting Clyne go out on loan was a mistake in my eyes but Klopp must have had his reasons, i trust him implicitly.

We had a defence running at 60% output today and still we won.

We have won 7 games this Season that in the past we would have drawn or lost. We have eliminated that achilles heel and are looking mentally stronger than in previous Seasons.

With injured players to return after the break and players yet to hit form it just makes this achievement so far even more rewarding.

It is coming.

Believe.

If your struggling for a stream next time have a look at the link Shabs put in the stream thread it’s been 100% so far for me  the guy done great with that one .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #711: Jan 20, 2019 10:47:16 am
      We play badly and win a lot, the results have to be more than just luck. There has to be things I'm missing here. Some of it must be related to tactics. Not tictacs by the way.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #712: Jan 20, 2019 10:52:58 am
      Was just over joyed for young Bernard what a way to spend your 104th birthday  ;D

First game at anfield about 1926 I think they said!

Quick Reply