Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      16 (11.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      37 (26.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      52 (37.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2019 04:54:48 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29928 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 20, 2019 11:16:50 am
      Just on my way back from Liverpool now - absolutely F***ing hanging.

What a game to catch live - I was not expecting that at all. It felt like palace had one attack in the first half and F***ing scored - was absolutely gutted, and it was a superb F***ing goal too.

The two goals after half time happened so quickly - it was insane.

And it just didn’t stop until the end - I was literally in the stand praying for a winner when it was 2-2. Atmosphere was a bit weird, amazing when we went 2 up, but a bit quiet rest of the game.

Loved it though - I’ll take any type of win, was absolutely buzzing and drank half of Liverpool and threw up in the streets this morning as I walked to Lime Street station. Well worth it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #714: Jan 20, 2019 12:14:09 pm
      Shearer trying to defend himself on Twitter for not condemning Kane's diving, but is that the real point here?

I think fans need to speak up for Salah and not let that turnip tarnish Salah's name and our season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #715: Jan 20, 2019 12:30:03 pm
      Shearer trying to defend himself on Twitter for not condemning Kane's diving, but is that the real point here?

I think fans need to speak up for Salah and not let that turnip tarnish Salah's name and our season.

There was contact yes,but it was still a dive from Salah, or certainly there was not enough contact for him to fall over in the way he did, BUT he is not the only one doing it.
      What I worry about now is that sooner or later we'll get a crucial penalty denied because he has built up a reputation, fairly or unfairly.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #716: Jan 20, 2019 01:27:53 pm
      There was contact yes,but it was still a dive from Salah, or certainly there was not enough contact for him to fall over in the way he did, BUT he is not the only one doing it.
      What I worry about now is that sooner or later we'll get a crucial penalty denied because he has built up a reputation, fairly or unfairly.

But you can't accuse Salah of diving as he is a finely balanced player. You/we just do not know how much contact was made a Sakho on Salah's left shoulder. Pulling on the shoulder can easily unbalance a player. It's one of the area's of the body that can easily affect balance.

I've tried a few time to say how balance is vital to players like Salah. Can't emphasis how important it is to flair players. It might look like he went down easily...and he might've...but we just don't know. We know he was pulled at when he was on his toes trying to wriggle and feint this way and that. Salah often operated, does his magic on an area no bigger than a manhole cover. Balance can be lost. He often does fall over without being touched. Watch his play closely and you see he loses control of the ball, loses his balance slightly and that happens EVEN when there is NO contact.

Better understanding of the type of player Salah is, would help refs and fans understand the dynamics and physics that affect such players.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #717: Jan 20, 2019 01:31:34 pm
      No mention of VVD being held down for their second goal?
      Their player had hold of him from behind, just long enough so that he couldn't get up for the header.

Salah was fouled.
      I've watched it a few times now, and Sakho (after the kick) put his hand across his shoulder and dragged him down.
      Was it enough contact?
      Yes, IMO, given the fact that pens showing the same amount of contact have been given by VAR.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #718: Jan 20, 2019 01:48:53 pm
      But the other thing, which is perhaps how irresponsible Shearer and MOTD are. Shearer was a bull of a player, good balance but not a flair player relying on balance and trickery but in calling Salah a diver how much does this type of crap bury itself into the subconscious  of watching refs.

Could say Salah takes that risk when he does go down easily. We know diving is endemic or not far off it in the game. The main reason VAR was or is being introduced in the first place.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #719: Jan 20, 2019 01:56:01 pm
      First game at anfield about 1926 I think they said!
      That's amazing... Bet that he could tell a story or two that's not in the clubs history book
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #720: Jan 20, 2019 01:57:28 pm
      But the other thing, which is perhaps how irresponsible Shearer and MOTD are. Shearer was a bull of a player, good balance but not a flair player relying on balance and trickery but in calling Salah a diver how much does this type of crap bury itself into the subconscious  of watching refs.

Could say Salah takes that risk when he does go down easily. We know diving is endemic or not far off it in the game. The main reason VAR was or is being introduced in the first place.

Shearer wasn't above "going to ground when he felt the contact" either.
      In fact if memory serves, he did a fair bit of it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #721: Jan 20, 2019 02:09:30 pm
      Garth crooks saying great players don't dive, F**k me i assume he never watched Cristiano ronaldo play
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #722: Jan 20, 2019 02:18:18 pm

I get the feeling it's a tactic or just Salah deciding he won't ever be caught in a situation like with Ramos in the final last year.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #723: Jan 20, 2019 02:30:00 pm
      I’m disappointed he went to ground so easily - I personally don’t like it.

But I F***ing love him xxxx
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #724: Jan 20, 2019 02:36:31 pm
      Aside from the annoying Salah thing, again, has to be said...Keita didn't impress, I mean he wasn't dire, he did play Bobby in but he just doesn't turn it on. I wanted him in yesterday. I do like him but the club won't wait.Huge bid has been reported, for Felix. Benfica are talking £100m +.

So Nabby might not get another go anytime soon, unless he does something of note when he comes off the bench in the last 20 or so. Disappointed in the lad so far.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #725: Jan 20, 2019 02:40:52 pm
      Aside from the annoying Salah thing, again, has to be said...Keita didn't impress, I mean he wasn't dire, he did play Bobby in but he just doesn't turn it on. I wanted him in yesterday. I do like him but the club won't wait.Huge bid has been reported, for Felix. Benfica are talking £100m +.

So Nabby might not get another go anytime soon, unless he does something of note when he comes off the bench in the last 20 or so. Disappointed in the lad so far.

I think everything we know about Jürgen is that naby will get time, as for the felix stuff, smacks of bullshit to me
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #726: Jan 20, 2019 02:46:26 pm
      I think everything we know about Jürgen is that naby will get time, as for the felix stuff, smacks of bullshit to me

Yeah and we paid Benfica top money for Markovic...say no more..nudge nudge..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #727: Jan 20, 2019 02:54:28 pm
      Yeah and we paid Benfica top money for Markovic...say no more..nudge nudge..

Not really sure how that is relevant
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #728: Jan 20, 2019 03:29:27 pm

I'm sending you the racing program today from Santa Anita in California. I'd like your tips on winners in races 1, 2 and 7, the Exacta in race 4, and the Trifecta in race 8. Thank you.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #729: Jan 20, 2019 03:32:30 pm
      Garth crooks saying great players don't dive, f**k me i assume he never watched Cristiano ronaldo play

or Neymar...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #730: Jan 20, 2019 03:33:43 pm
      Garth crooks saying great players don't dive, f**k me i assume he never watched Cristiano ronaldo play

or Messi, plenty of dives I've seen both of them go to ground easily.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #731: Jan 20, 2019 03:36:06 pm

I hear what you're saying but yesterday was a pretty weird game all round, he needs a a good run of games for us to really see whether or not he can make it. I still say there's a good player there, but he just isn't quite on the same wavelength of his team mates at the moment, but I also recall that it took the Ox a while to settle as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #732: Jan 20, 2019 03:37:13 pm
      Seen online today that apparently Jon Moss was Milly’s teacher back in school.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #733: Jan 20, 2019 04:10:11 pm
      Garth crooks saying great players don't dive, F**k me i assume he never watched Cristiano ronaldo play

......or Kane.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #734: Jan 20, 2019 04:21:05 pm
      Seen online today that apparently Jon Moss was Milly’s teacher back in school.

Breast feed him as well ?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #735: Jan 20, 2019 04:44:56 pm
      Not really sure how that is relevant

Relevant in the sense that it is difficult to judge a player who impresses in the Primeira, especially with such a high price tag. Not a lottery but something of a risk and that was the point I was cryptically suggesting.

Quick Reply