Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool Legends V Barca legends Sat 26th March 3pm Anfield

Read 3818 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Liverpool Legends V Barca legends Sat 26th March 3pm Anfield
      Reply #23: Mar 27, 2022 11:54:29 am
      Diao always seems to be involved and seems like a good character to be fair. End of the day, it’s all for charity so the more the merrier I guess.

Can also vouch for Diao being sound. Always used to stop for autographs at Melwood and had loads of time for us when we were kids.

Just a shame about his actual footballing ability 😂

Good on him for showing up too. If I remember rightly Carragher & Gerrard were both pretty critical of him in both of their autobiographies, so I'm guessing he put all of that to the side to crack on with the day
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #24: Mar 27, 2022 03:07:48 pm
      Can also vouch for Diao being sound. Always used to stop for autographs at Melwood and had loads of time for us when we were kids.

Good on him for showing up too. If I remember rightly Carragher & Gerrard were both pretty critical of him in both of their autobiographies, so I'm guessing he put all of that to the side to crack on with the day

Wasn’t it Diouf they were critical of?

Been a long time since I read them though so you may be right, but if they were critical about his footballing ability it wasn’t exactly his fault he wasn’t up to standard…although how he stuck around so long is beyond me :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #25: Mar 27, 2022 03:10:21 pm

Diouf was the one they slagged for his attitude. Diao was just generally accepted as sh*te.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26: Mar 27, 2022 05:20:25 pm
      Wasn’t it Diouf they were critical of?

Been a long time since I read them though so you may be right, but if they were critical about his footballing ability it wasn’t exactly his fault he wasn’t up to standard…although how he stuck around so long is beyond me :D

Diouf was the one they slagged for his attitude. Diao was just generally accepted as sh*te.

Yeah, Diouf got (rightfully) slated for being a gobs***e. Diao's criticism was just because he wasn't a good enough footballer. Think Carragher recited a story in his autobiography about trying to convince him to sign for Everton when they shown a slight interest, as he was that desperate to see the back of him 😂

As I said though, lovely fella. Wasn't a lazy player either, was just a good few levels below what was required
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #27: Mar 27, 2022 10:15:55 pm
      Had a cracking day in the Anfield sunshine yesterday. lovely atmosphere and nice to be at a match were the result didn't matter, nightmare journey there and back unfortunately as some idiot decided it would be a good idea to close two lanes of the M62 after being held up on the M6, hence the reason the game was delayed.

Great to see some boss performances on the pitch though with the likes of  Gerrard and Agger in particular still looking like they could still play at the top level.

Great to see a full crowd with those in need getting help and support through the foundation and a huge round of applause to all those who gave their time and effort for such a good cause.

It was also great to be back in my Liverpool home  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Mar 28, 2022 10:02:20 am
      Always like these games happening but at the same time I always find myself asking the same question - How does Salif Diao count as a legend?! Same goes for Glen Johnson. Someone needs to track down Steve Finnan and get him out there instead of Johnson! Also, Downing?!

But, obviously great to see the likes of Sami, Dagger etc back for the game. Really good to see Enrique involved after his health battle not too long ago.

Haven't seen any of the game yet but seems like it was a good success.

I hated Diao, but thommo was saying what a great lad he was. So maybe hes just well liked around the legends guys, same with johnson.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #29: Mar 28, 2022 12:07:30 pm
      I hated Diao, but thommo was saying what a great lad he was. So maybe hes just well liked around the legends guys, same with johnson.

To be fair we saw Diao in the airport before flying out. And he was going along chatting to loads of fans unlike Le Tallec who was a complete bi*ch. Also worth noting it was also Diao who scooped up Milan's losers medals from the pitch and dished them out to some of our youngsters not involved.

Quick Reply