Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Points on board or Games in hand

Read 19370 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Points on board or Games in hand
      Reply #46: Feb 07, 2019 08:21:24 pm
      We deffo need a win on Sat so we go from game in hand to points on the board again. More important is a defining win. A good team performance and a big comfortable win, preferably with a clean sheet.
      Not firing up top, disjointed midfield and a poor defence ! We need a convincing win to get the confidence up again, because if we go to macs with our heads down and a lack of confidence we will get hammered. That will probably be good buy to the title.
      If ever there was a must win game, for  lots of reasons apart from the 3 points, this is it.

Lallana isn't the answer  to our midfield, Millie isn't the answer to r back ( although he may fare better against Bournemouth) and if Bob has another mare, he has to go off a lot earlier before any damage is done.  It seems Mane is the only one who hasn't been adversely affected by our current injury crop. Doesn't look like any of the walking wounded will be available on Sat either, so options are a bit limited .
      Matip is really the only answer to go in at C Back wit VVD unless we play the youngster in there again, but he looks all over the place. In mid field I think Lallana just doesn't cut it, and hasn't since his return from injury, but neither has shaq apart from the odd few occasions. They both seem to have loads of energy, loads of running in them, but very little end product most of the time.
      Bottom line is, we are in a pretty poor state compared to December, and the confidence looks shot to pieces.  Even though we can still go top, its looking like a huge task to stay there until our sick bay is cleared.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #47: Feb 08, 2019 03:32:34 am
      Don’t understand our fan base crying out we should be challenging for the league and as soon as we do it’s f**king moaning all the way  :D

I miss the days of us being 8th and all.......

Just kidding.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #48: Feb 18, 2019 06:17:11 pm
      We have 5 games to play before the international break, the rivals have 3. So winning all 5 games would allow us the chance to open a 6 point gap, going into the run in.

Maybe then some fans, and the pundits will take our challenge seriously.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #49: Mar 22, 2019 08:58:24 am
      We took 11 points from 15 and are back on top again.

The rivals will have a game in hand on us until they have played Game 36. So we have 5 chances to ask them questions and see how they respond.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #50: Mar 22, 2019 01:35:32 pm
      If we win our next three, we will be favorites in  my opinion.

That would be our only two remaining games against Big Six opposition out of the way and a very tricky trip to Southampton done.

City will then go into a two week period with three games against Spurs, United away and two difficult trips to Palace and Burnley.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #51: Mar 22, 2019 02:12:14 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #52: Mar 22, 2019 03:45:52 pm
      I mean, points on the board can't be taken off (well, unless you do something really screwball) but you sure can screw up a game in hand.

I'll take the points.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #53: Mar 22, 2019 03:50:26 pm
      It does really all depend on the situation.

I mean say we were playing Wolves on the last day two points behind and City had all their games played.

I'd bite your hand off for that right now.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #54: Mar 22, 2019 04:31:31 pm
      If we win our next three, we will be favorites in  my opinion.

That would be our only two remaining games against Big Six opposition out of the way and a very tricky trip to Southampton done.

City will then go into a two week period with three games against Spurs, United away and two difficult trips to Palace and Burnley.
      Burnley difficult for city😂😂😂
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #55: Mar 22, 2019 04:53:37 pm
      Burnley difficult for city😂😂😂

Burnley who beat Spurs there? Burnley who went to Old Trafford and drew?

Burnley who drew with City there last season when City got 100 points?

Wouldn't call it easy mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Mar 23, 2019 09:34:46 am
      Burnley who beat Spurs there? Burnley who went to Old Trafford and drew?

Burnley who drew with City there last season when City got 100 points?

Wouldn't call it easy mate.
      I would, City are on another level than Spurs etc... they are on Barcelona and PSG level etc... No result is 100%, but it's like Brazil v Panama in terms of quality. It's about time FA stopped clubs from being like City, eventually we could be like SPL and same team winning every season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #57: Mar 23, 2019 10:08:27 am
      I would, City are on another level than Spurs etc... they are on Barcelona and PSG level etc... No result is 100%, but it's like Brazil v Panama in terms of quality. It's about time FA stopped clubs from being like City, eventually we could be like SPL and same team winning every season.

They’re a great side but they’ve still lost to Palace, Leicester and Newcastle this season.

No reason why Burnley or Palace (again) couldn’t take points off them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #58: Mar 23, 2019 12:11:06 pm

If Citeh are so good how do you explain the games they have lost this season? Whatever answer you give apply that to their remaining games and explain how it won't happen again.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #59: Mar 23, 2019 06:40:40 pm
      If Citeh are so good how do you explain the games they have lost this season? Whatever answer you give apply that to their remaining games and explain how it won't happen again.
      Think we will drop points as well before season over so think city will have to drop points in two games. But who knows. I think spurs might take a point off them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #60: Mar 24, 2019 09:07:53 pm
      It does really all depend on the situation.

I mean say we were playing Wolves on the last day two points behind and City had all their games played.

I'd bite your hand off for that right now.

Mate, I hope it doesn't come down to that, shitting myself already about that Wolves game. Hope it's dead and buried by then and we are already crowned Champions!
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #61: Mar 25, 2019 04:52:07 pm
      I think you’d rather be the team who is in control of the race. I don’t think it necessarily matters whether you have the points in the bag or have the games in hand to get you the points to take you to the top (although this does bring a bit more pressure). I’d rather be in City’s position with a game in hand to take them clear at the top than our position at the moment, we can only hope the pressure gets too much for them.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #62: Mar 25, 2019 06:07:20 pm
      Mate, I hope it doesn't come down to that, shitting myself already about that Wolves game. Hope it's dead and buried by then and we are already crowned Champions!

Think it's going to go down to the wire personally, but, the 3 games city have against spurs and then Man u might swing it our way.

Fingers crossed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Mar 25, 2019 06:24:17 pm
      If we win all our games we will be Champions of England ,Europe and then the World.
      We just need to keep the pressure on City and if they will all of their games then so be it
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #64: Mar 25, 2019 06:28:36 pm
      If we win all our games we can’t ask no more of the team , I’d rather City Fck up sooner rather than later though ,
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #65: Mar 27, 2019 08:57:37 pm

that why i want wolves to make it to the FA cup final, they have a great chance to make it and i'm sure their would be a lot of changes with players being put into cotton wool when playing us
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #66: Mar 28, 2019 10:50:53 pm
      that why i want wolves to make it to the FA cup final, they have a great chance to make it and i'm sure their would be a lot of changes with players being put into cotton wool when playing us

Fingers crossed mate.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #67: Jul 01, 2019 03:53:32 pm
      After the experience during the season run in, of having the points in the bag and waiting for results we couldn't influence and didn't materialise, I wonder if some have changed their view and would prefer to have the games in hand now?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Jul 01, 2019 04:03:58 pm
      After the experience during the season run in, of having the points in the bag and waiting for results we couldn't influence and didn't materialise, I wonder if some have changed their view and would prefer to have the games in hand now?

No, points on board always better.

Quick Reply