Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Leicester: 30th Jan, 20.00pm

Read 13384 times
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Leicester: 30th Jan, 20.00pm
      Reply #115: Jan 30, 2019 11:44:29 am
      Massive massive test today...7 point and we are clear in pole...come on you almighty reds....
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #116: Jan 30, 2019 11:55:32 am
      I'm a realist, and because of that, I tend to be a "glass half empty" bloke. However, if we go 7 clear tonight, I really think we will win the league title.

Klopp said in the fourth year so let's go.

Feel the same mate, win tonight and it'll require something similar to a catastrophe to lose the title, as we'd have to lose 3 games, draw 1 and lose 2 or something similar and City winning all their remaining 14 games -something I don't see happening-

Going for a 3 - 0 win tonight.

Come on you Redmen!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Jan 30, 2019 12:12:02 pm
      I am preparing myself for the usual roller coaster of emotions finishing on a high in the 95th minute as we never do things easy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #118: Jan 30, 2019 12:25:34 pm
      I actually think well tw*t them
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #119: Jan 30, 2019 12:26:01 pm
      Reds prepare to fight for every ball. We have the chance to do it, don't bottle it!

Good luck Reds.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #120: Jan 30, 2019 12:28:08 pm
      When the basking in the Newcastle/Rafa sunshine subsides we will still be faced with beating Leicester City, a fine team and a genuine team and club. They are a well organised team with a clever manager. We will have to be 100% on our game.

They have pace,I've warned against their smash & grab tactics, so it's vital that we don't give away possession when pressing them. I expect we will have enough to beat them but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to the wire.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #121: Jan 30, 2019 12:45:11 pm
      Leicester, West Ham and Palace, are those Jekyll and Hyde sides.  Got a good sprinkling of decent/very decent players who's results are generally dictated by how arsed their players are feeling on a particular night.

So fingers crossed they don't fancy it.

More importantly though it's a good test for Liverpool's mental resolve, which has been unquestionable so far this season.  A ruthless title winning team goes out tonight and goes seven points clear.  Still loads of games to go obviously but you get the feeling that tonight is a test of how big our players balls are.

I've warned against their smash & grab tactics

I'm sure Leicester City 2-1 Man City on boxing day is ample enough warning already for the players.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #122: Jan 30, 2019 12:50:44 pm
      Just win! I honestly don't care how.

But I'm prepared even for the worst. Even if we fail to win here, we're still very much in the leading position to win the title. I've never been so confident in a Liverpool team though, and I'll again watch us play tonight with every faith that we'll find a way to win.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #123: Jan 30, 2019 01:01:47 pm
      Just raise the roof tonight...

I’ve got a feeling the boys are going to be very professional & electric tonight..

3-0.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #124: Jan 30, 2019 01:03:49 pm
      This game just got even bigger.

We can really strike a blow by winning tonight, 7 points and could be 10 by the time they play again I think.

Do it lads just do it.

Know where your at mate but the game is no bigger than it was before Toon V City, we would still need to win regardless of last night's result,
      It will of course be fantastic if we were to extend our lead but just say we didn't,  it would feel like a disappointment and probably give City fans a bit of a boner,

I think we should just treat it as normal aa possible without the bells & whistles, as with every game thereafter,
      Jürgen will tell the lads that winning this game simply means its one less we need to worry about,  we fans see it differently obviously,
      I think winning tonight will give us a little breathing space and increase the doubt in the psyche of City minds,and win we will,
      C'MON REDMEN  !!!

YNWA
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #125: Jan 30, 2019 01:21:33 pm
      Nothing has changed since the Citeh win,  We must win this game to capitalise on their loss.

Citeh have never really been in this position before of having to chase a team, hope they lose and win all theirs.  They are usually out in front.  They feel a different type of pressure altogether!! (airplane jokes welcome)

Will be interesting to see how they cope.

CMON Lads

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #126: Jan 30, 2019 01:36:00 pm
      We need this to win desperately tonight to go 7 clear.
      The main reason, apart from the obvious, is when chasing a side with a points margin as big as 7, you know you probably have to win all your remaining games.
      That in itself is a huge pressure, whoever you are.
      In that situation, on the field, every little mistake, missed tackle, miss placed pass, shots off target etc.
      All these normally minor things will be hugely magnified. The anxiety levels will rise, tension sets in, the mistakes become more frequent because of that, and you will feel like you’re playing in lead boots !
      Adrenalin will be pumping from the start of each game, be overloaded, and by 65-70 mins in, its Adrenalin come down and you’ll be absolutely shattered.
      I’m sure City will be fu**ed if we win tonight. And we can continue game to game, same tempo, same solid defending, and same undefeated bar 1 for the second half of the season as well.
      3:1 tonight I think, although a clean sheet would be nice.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: Jan 30, 2019 01:36:13 pm
      On the VVD front. I wouldn't risk him if he isn't 100%. If he plays and he's a bit off Vardy could profit. But also if he's not fully fit. holding off slightly can cause injury. I know some will say a 90% VVD is still better than the others, possible true but I still wouldn't risk it given we will need a fully 100% fit VVD for battles to come.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #128: Jan 30, 2019 01:56:53 pm
      On the VVD front. I wouldn't risk him if he isn't 100%. If he plays and he's a bit off Vardy could profit. But also if he's not fully fit. holding off slightly can cause injury. I know some will say a 90% VVD is still better than the others, possible true but I still wouldn't risk it given we will need a fully 100% fit VVD for battles to come.

He's only been a bit ill mate, it's not like he's had a knock.
      If he's fully recovered, he'll be on it.
      A couple of days training missed at this stage of the season won't affect him much.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #129: Jan 30, 2019 02:03:21 pm
      Nothing has changed since the Citeh win,  We must win this game to capitalise on their loss.

Citeh have never really been in this position before of having to chase a team, hope they lose and win all theirs.  They are usually out in front.  They feel a different type of pressure altogether!! (airplane jokes welcome)

Will be interesting to see how they cope.

CMON Lads

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Erm 2014?! They chased us down mate and won it.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #130: Jan 30, 2019 02:13:07 pm
      Our defenders must stay close to vardy, he's a goal poacher and we must not let him go out of sight even for a second. Our front line must do the job and get the ball as far as possible from our defenders. That will do. A 1-0 or 2-1 is good enough for me and a small step nearer to our ultimate goal. Hope the boys do not dwell too much on City's defeat to Newcastle but focus 100% on this match. Hope our supporters will roar us to another victory. We must weather the storm at least in the next 2 games and if we could do that we will be a very favorable situation when our players out injured return to the team.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #131: Jan 30, 2019 02:13:17 pm
      He's only been a bit ill mate, it's not like he's had a knock.
      If he's fully recovered, he'll be on it.
      A couple of days training missed at this stage of the season won't affect him much.

Have heard he's been ill. And in one sense playing while still recovering from illness is still difficult. Energy drains away much quicker. His fitness levels shouldn't be affected but energy levels are different. See how it pans out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #132: Jan 30, 2019 02:15:36 pm
      Unless Virgil is throwing his guts up or in a hospital bed, good luck to anyone that tries ruling him out of the game due to illness.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #133: Jan 30, 2019 02:18:33 pm
      Unless Virgil is throwing his guts up or in a hospital bed, good luck to anyone that tries ruling him out of the game due to illness.

Exactly - he’ll be buzzing to get out there to throw himself about. We need him 100%!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #134: Jan 30, 2019 02:25:02 pm
      Our defenders must stay close to vardy, he's a goal poacher and we must not let him go out of sight even for a second. Our front line must do the job and get the ball as far as possible from our defenders. That will do. A 1-0 or 2-1 is good enough for me and a small step nearer to our ultimate goal. Hope the boys do not dwell too much on City's defeat to Newcastle but focus 100% on this match. Hope our supporters will roar us to another victory. We must weather the storm at least in the next 2 games and if we could do that we will be a very favorable situation when our players out injured return to the team.

Yeah good post. Vardy is a great example of self believe. Didn't really come to the fore till he was about 25 when Leicester bought him from Fleetwood Town. He actually holds the record for most consecutive goals, scoring in 11 games on the trot.

He's 32 now but still has pace.Stronger than he looks, give him half a chance and he can run you down, bit like Coyote the Road-Runner..have to watch him closely.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #135: Jan 30, 2019 02:30:56 pm
      Anyone wants Dejan starting with Virgil tonight? Up against Jamie
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #136: Jan 30, 2019 02:38:29 pm

Latest I read from yesterday was that he has cleared his illness and is expected to be fit.

Going to be a cold one tonight. 20 degrees.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #137: Jan 30, 2019 03:00:31 pm
      Last night's game or the significance of tonight's to the table won't even be mentioned pregame. It will be all about assignments, roles, duties, instructions re opposition players, reiteration of set piece duties, etc. Thinking of "what it would mean" is just pointless distraction for the team. Time for cold-blooded killers.

Quick Reply