Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Leicester: 30th Jan, 20.00pm

Read 13377 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v Leicester: 30th Jan, 20.00pm
      Jan 28, 2019 11:34:07 am
      The boys should be well rested after the warm weather training in Dubai however we still have a few issues with injuries.

Looks like Trent won’t be ready and Gomez is still s few weeks away from returning.

So do we go with Fab at RB and lose his impetus from midfield or trust the youngster Camacho.
      It looks like it will be the pacy Demary Gray so will be interesting who Klopp picks.

Lovren or Matip to partner VVD.

Against teams that sit back I don’t think the Henderson Gini combination offers enough going forward so would like to see Keita in there rather than stuck out on the left.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019 09:17:37 am by JD »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Leicester: 30th Jan, 20.00pm
      Reply #1: Jan 28, 2019 11:40:13 am
      The boys should be well rested after the warm weather training in Dubai however we still have a few issues with injuries.

Looks like Trent won’t be ready and Gomez is still s few weeks away from returning.

So do we go with Fab at RB and lose his impetus from midfield or trust the youngster Camacho.
      It looks like it will be the pacy Demary Gray so will be interesting who Klopp picks.

Lovren or Matip to partner VVD.

Against teams that sit back I don’t think the Henderson Gini combination offers enough going forward so would like to see Keita in there rather than stuck out on the left.

I'd be inclined to go with Fabinho at RB as he's more experienced than Camacho and then play a midfield trio of Gini, Hendo and Keita/Shaq.
      I'm oddly nervous about this game, but we really should have more than enough to win, I can see it being similar to the Palace game in that we'll concede a few but outscore them.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2019 12:51:28 pm
      Is Fabinho even fit?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2019 01:38:16 pm
      They really gave us a game in the reverse fixture and I thought we were rather fortunate to walk away with 3 points. We have improved since then of course and, with Anfield behind us, I’m confident of another win.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2019 03:25:27 pm
      Do we go with Shaq is something I’m unsure about, been boss this season but he’s been poor for the last couple of games. Maybe we need to look at bringing him on from the bench this game for an impact.
      Think the midfield picks itself this game without question - Hendo, Fab and Gini. Keita definitely shouldn’t be starting and the other 3 are playing really well, I think Fab has been just what Hendo has needed in the midfield, been really upping his game when they’ve played together IMO.

Defence worries me a little, Matip or Lovren to start with Virgil? Can make a case for and against with both players. Both are players that you just simply don’t know where their head is going to be and if they are going to have a good day or a bad one. Pretty much a flip of the coin but given Matip played the last game, all be it horrificly, I think he will get the nod with Lovren slotting in for the next game.

Hopefully Trent will be back for it.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2019 03:30:32 pm
      I think we are short on the bench. Clyne would have been a good back up option. Also, think another forward off the bench would be good. Sturridge, Origi not doing much either these days or getting the game time so can't rely on them (I know you will point to the Neverton game where Origi won it for us but I think Pickford lost it for them).

I hope we win.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019 03:37:37 pm by RobieSlick »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2019 03:39:47 pm
      Fabinho at RB for me not the time to be messing around with untried youngsters
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2019 03:40:43 pm
      Do we go with Shaq is something I’m unsure about, been boss this season but he’s been poor for the last couple of games. Maybe we need to look at bringing him on from the bench this game for an impact.
      Think the midfield picks itself this game without question - Hendo, Fab and Gini. Keita definitely shouldn’t be starting and the other 3 are playing really well, I think Fab has been just what Hendo has needed in the midfield, been really upping his game when they’ve played together IMO.

Defence worries me a little, Matip or Lovren to start with Virgil? Can make a case for and against with both players. Both are players that you just simply don’t know where their head is going to be and if they are going to have a good day or a bad one. Pretty much a flip of the coin but given Matip played the last game, all be it horrificly, I think he will get the nod with Lovren slotting in for the next game.

Hopefully Trent will be back for it.

He's an impact sub for me is Shaq. He gives us a bench option too. When he starts all of our cards are on the pitch. When he's on the bench we have another hand to play.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2019 04:06:22 pm
      Fabinho at right back, ok. Keita given another go in front of Shaq...possible.Just how the gaffa sees it. Leicester do have pace, Vardy,Gray. I do like Iheanacho. Leicester did well to get him off City. So they are not short of attacking ideas.

Could be another tight game.I think they will sit deep and wait to pounce and do a smash & grab act. we have to stay 100% alert at the back to avoid this.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2019 04:52:05 pm
      Fabinho at right back, ok. Keita given another go in front of Shaq...possible.Just how the gaffa sees it. Leicester do have pace, Vardy,Gray. I do like Iheanacho. Leicester did well to get him off City. So they are not short of attacking ideas.

Could be another tight game.I think they will sit deep and wait to pounce and do a smash & grab act. we have to stay 100% alert at the back to avoid this.
      Agree mate. This might be one of those games where we really miss the pace of Joe at the back.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Jan 28, 2019 05:13:51 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

If Trent is fit, I would play him immediately, every game is a final and move Fabinho to midfield instead of Keita.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #11: Jan 28, 2019 05:57:19 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

If Trent is fit, I would play him immediately, every game is a final and move Fabinho to midfield instead of Keita.

Has to be this. If wijnaldum is back then swap him for Shaqiri (he hasn’t impressed me recently and think is better from the bench)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2019 06:29:30 pm
      Milner will be a massive loss for this one, imo, he would have slotted in nicely at RB or in midfield with Gini & Fab, anyhoo since he's wearing suspenders I'd much prefer a midfield trio of Fab, Hendo & Gini and risk young Camacho at RB, but have Hendo keeping a eye on him,
      Lovren gets the nod for me aside Virgil, just think he is more assured  than Joel and plays much better next to the big fella, the rest are shoe ins, Robbo, Mane Bobby & Mo, Shaq off the bench yields a bigger impact than Naby would,.....

Allisson
        Camacho Lovren Virgil Robertson
          Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldom
                     Salah Firmino Mane

Tricky game, and deffo not easy, however,  we should have too much for them and win in  relative comfort.

3-0 Champions Elect

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #13: Jan 28, 2019 06:52:00 pm
      14 wins left out of 15. We need to win this one!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14: Jan 28, 2019 06:52:05 pm
      I have a sneaky feeling we won't see Fabinho on Wednesday, so Camacho at right back with Wijnaldum and Hendo in the middle and Shaqiri as the 4th attacker.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #15: Jan 28, 2019 07:06:58 pm
      I have a sneaky feeling we won't see Fabinho on Wednesday, so Camacho at right back with Wijnaldum and Hendo in the middle and Shaqiri as the 4th attacker.

We cannot give them a second to think, we need to be dominate so I would play Fabinho to destroy any threats.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: Jan 28, 2019 07:12:12 pm
      We cannot give them a second to think, we need to be dominate so I would play Fabinho to destroy any threats.

No doubt, but is Fabinho back in full training? I thought he only returned to light training a couple of days ago? Or was that a few days ago and now he is back in full training?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #17: Jan 28, 2019 07:15:05 pm
      No doubt, but is Fabinho back in full training? I thought he only returned to light training a couple of days ago? Or was that a few days ago and now he is back in full training?

If not mistaken, I saw him in the training pictures not like Trent or Gomez.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Jan 28, 2019 07:16:08 pm
      Final note on the Clyne Loan. It's not about the right back spot now, I've no doubt Fab can do a good job there. It's about the knock on effect it has now on our midfield. Much rather Clyne at RB and Fab in the middle than at this stage of the season play a misfiring Keita.

Fab controls our midfield where as Keita puts us out of sync.

Anyway I'm bored of the argument myself but the point stands.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #19: Jan 28, 2019 07:19:04 pm
      Final note on the Clyne Loan. It's not about the right back spot now, I've no doubt Fab can do a good job there. It's about the knock on effect it has now on our midfield. Much rather Clyne at RB and Fab in the middle than at this stage of the season play a misfiring Keita.

I totally agree. He played a brilliant game against Manure. That is in the past now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #20: Jan 28, 2019 07:45:20 pm

What’s done is done - let’s forget Clyne, time to move on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Jan 28, 2019 09:21:37 pm
      Right where are we at?
      Milner suspended?
      Trent Injured
      Gomez Injured
      Gini??
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #22: Jan 28, 2019 09:55:13 pm
      Camacho looks like a winger playing out of position when I've seen him at full back. I'd much rather we played a lad who has played RB for Brazil on several occasions in that spot meself. Fingers crossed Gigi is fit to play, he has been superb this season. I'd be inclined to play Hendo, Gigi and Shaq in midfield for this one. 

Quick Reply