Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32056 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 30, 2019 10:38:06 pm
      Extended our lead this week when I didnā€™t expect to. Thatā€™s a positive.

Moving on to the next one.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #645: Jan 30, 2019 10:40:32 pm
      By the way other than his chancey distribution Allisson earnt us a point tonight. His starting position as sweeper was really good in the second half. In the past Migs would have been rooted to his 6 yard box and Karius would have fluffed his lines.

He did well considering he was watching for most of the game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #646: Jan 30, 2019 10:45:15 pm
      By the way other than his chancey distribution Allisson earnt us a point tonight. His starting position as sweeper was really good in the second half. In the past Migs would have been rooted to his 6 yard box and Karius would have fluffed his lines.

He did well considering he was watching for most of the game.

I agree, don't forgot he made 2 very important saves too!!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #647: Jan 30, 2019 10:45:50 pm
      Anybody who thinks we were just going to win every single match for the rest of the season need their head examined. These guy's beat City and Chelsea and though they are "sporadic" to say the least they are one of the better sides out of the top 6.

We did not play our best...we need to do better but we also just extended our edge over city by a point and every week that goes by is one less the others have to catch us.

The manager and players will move on and not let it affect them...supporters need to learn to do the same and show a little faith.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #648: Jan 30, 2019 10:48:52 pm
      Not the best performance tonight but take nothing away from Leicester well worthy of there point on the balance of play,yeah we should have had a pen
      But with another pr**k In charge & his cohorts what did we expect?,Iā€™m not going to lose my sh*t over tonightā€™s result though itā€™s January & Iā€™m to long in the tooth to think a title is decided in jan.long way to go & plenty of ups and downs & twists & turns to come ,but we are still top
      & Iā€™ll take that all day long
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #649: Jan 30, 2019 10:50:24 pm
      I agree, don't forgot he made 2 very important saves too!!

Indeed he did. I gave him Motm in the end. Hard on Mane though.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #650: Jan 30, 2019 10:53:47 pm
      German_Panzer...This is your life.

In the pre match thread before the Everton game (here: https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,50672.msg2193232.html#msg2193232) at the start of December you were so in thrall with Naby Keita that you said:

"He has to bring Keita. Only Keita can save us and ignite a fire in midfield."

And it seems not that long ago you hinted that Naby Keita was the solution to our midfield conundrum.

And then there was:

"I don't care much about the line-up as long as Keita is in it" before the Napoli tie on the 11th December (https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,50691.msg2197304.html#msg2197304)

I can't remember when I claimed to be Jesus, yes, I am not infallible, frankly, Mr. Shankly.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #651: Jan 30, 2019 10:55:28 pm
      What was it Gerrard wrote in his biography ā€œ I have no problem with any official apart from Martin Atkinson heā€™s a useless c**tā€!

The sooner these usesless fuckers retire the better for the game.

The sooner TAA and Gomez are back the better.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #652: Jan 30, 2019 10:59:04 pm
      Mate, the commentators were cheering for Leicester, one of them said the penalty decision was ''50-50''.

I don't like blaming the pitch, Leicester passed it better than us in some areas and looked comfortable, why shouldn't we? I just think the 10 day break took out our sharpness and edge. We really looked lazy.

Our game is built on quick intricate passing and great movement, particularly given were up against bus parking defences most weeks. It just looked like the pitch was slowing the ball, players were less sure of their touch and consequently were watching the ball into their foot rather playing instinctively. Leicester did handle it better but also remember that when they win the call back their 1st or 2nd pass was usually into space given that we were pushed right into then so the need for accuracy and good touches in tight spaces was much less for them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #653: Jan 30, 2019 10:59:30 pm
      Leicester with twice the Xg of Liverpool showed how sh*te we were.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #654: Jan 30, 2019 11:00:44 pm
      Anybody who thinks we were just going to win every single match for the rest of the season need their head examined. These guy's beat City and Chelsea and though they are "sporadic" to say the least they are one of the better sides out of the top 6.

We did not play our best...we need to do better but we also just extended our edge over city by a point and every week that goes by is one less the others have to catch us.

The manager and players will move on and not let it affect them...supporters need to learn to do the same and show a little faith.

I can accept not winning every game, itā€™s never going to happen. What I find hard to accept is the pathetic performance.

I think going ahead so early on was bad timing, like it was for City.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #655: Jan 30, 2019 11:03:28 pm
      I can accept not winning every game, itā€™s never going to happen. What I find hard to accept is the pathetic performance.

I think going ahead so early on was bad timing, like it was for City.

Nervy well below par performance.

But still only for a crap ref denying us a clear penno we still win that game.

Anyway on to the next.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #656: Jan 30, 2019 11:06:55 pm
      City have Arsenal, Everton then Chelsea next in the league. They will drop points in there guaranteed.

We're 5 points clear. Can everyone get a f***in grip and stop being so negative.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #657: Jan 30, 2019 11:12:47 pm
      Leicester with twice the Xg of Liverpool showed how sh*te we were.

What's that in engliah ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #658: Jan 30, 2019 11:16:30 pm
      City have Arsenal, Everton then Chelsea next in the league. They will drop points in there guaranteed.

We're 5 points clear. Can everyone get a f***in grip and stop being so negative.

Arsenal will put up a fight for 20mins, Bitters will gladly get pasted and the Chavs have just been slaughtered 4-0 by Bournemouth. 3 straight forward games for City. Iā€™d rather they were playing Palace, Leicester and Newcastle again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #659: Jan 30, 2019 11:18:15 pm

expected goals

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #660: Jan 30, 2019 11:18:23 pm
      In the lead up to this game, I felt that this is one that could surprise us, and could be a defeat. Given that Man City lost last night, I thought we could take it as a whatever happens kind of game. If we lost, then never mind..

Sure, a win would have been brilliant. I said it earlier on that a win tonight would have won the title in my mind. It would have been great for points, and even better for the mental boost! That was how big it would have been to win. As it is, we drew. Not the best, but the best would have almost been too good to be true (win the title in January? nah).

One point is a good take from this round, and even better considering the pitch conditions.

The snow really slowed it down. We are really hampered by slow play.. or snow play, even. We are not a long ball chancer. We rely on the quick movement of the ball, and our rapid passing. I'm taking the point and I'm happy with it!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #661: Jan 30, 2019 11:21:37 pm
      On reflection it was probably an OK point as Leicester were the better team tonight.
      I just hope we can get our mojo back fast, we simply have to beat West Ham now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #662: Jan 30, 2019 11:22:49 pm

Come on buddy modern guy like you expected goals is all the rage now  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #663: Jan 30, 2019 11:24:01 pm
      Sign of how things have changed when we extend our lead at the top by a point but still arenā€™t happy.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #664: Jan 30, 2019 11:29:35 pm

Hard to tell. There's a reason they mainly dropped points against bad teams, not good ones. Bad teams don't fall into the temptation to play more offensively, playing right into the hands of City. You gotta play simple: park the bus, do tire City mentally and bribe them to play higher and higher, then look for counters or set pieces and hope for luck. I don't see Arsenal, Everton or Chelsea having the guts to play like a p*ssy, but that'd be their only chance. We'll see, good thing we will know the result before our game @Ham. Also, didn't Ham lose their best players just recently?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #665: Jan 30, 2019 11:33:04 pm
      Dropping 2 points is not the worst Scenario with the conditions it is very good news that we have our players coming unscathed from the game.  We don't want more injuries and them conditions could have easily added to our injury vows.  Still a long way to go.  We want to in position with zero pressure but it is still to early we are still in the second third of the season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #666: Jan 30, 2019 11:33:19 pm
      Come on buddy modern guy like you expected goals is all the rage now  ;D

I prefer real goals

Quick Reply