Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32675 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:03 pm
      Need the crowd to make a bit more noise to help the nerves a little
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #622: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:08 pm
      If it was easy to win the league then I suppose we'd have done it more often than none in the last 29 years.

Henderson at right back not great - definite lack of quality with his crosses compared to TAA.
      Matip getting a yellow card after 15 minutes wasn't great.
      Mistake by Robbo to give away the free kick.
      Pitch was sh*te for a team who rely on intricate passing in the final third.
      Maguire lucky to not get sent off.
      I thought standing on somebody's foot 8 yards from goal constituted a penalty.

I'll take the 5 point lead at the top though.  Better than 5 points behind.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #623: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:23 pm
      My thoughts on the match:

- Mané was our only real threat to their defence and at times was the only forward player to come forward towards the midfield to collect the ball.

- Our usual effectiveness out wide was nullified by great performances by Chilwell and Ricardo, we never really could find a way to get behind these two and this forced us to pass back into the middle time and time again.

- In general, our forward players were not making any runs and at times were far too static. When we did make the runs in behind their centre backs, we caused problems. We just didn’t do this enough.

- I thought Henderson did OK covering right back, he created chances going forward but was caught out a few times due to his lack of pace against Gray. We really need Trent and Gomez back as soon as possible.

- Keita disappointed me again, I thought he was far too sloppy on the ball and his decision making in the final third is not quite there. Gini also had to save him a few times in the first half. I felt we looked so much more solid when Fabinho replaced him.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #624: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:27 pm
      We all need to settle down. It's f**king miles away from the end of the season and far too early for the nervousness we seen today on the pitch and in the stands.

Need to relax it's still January!

Thank F**k we don't play again till February
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #625: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:31 pm
      Two people have voted for Matip as MOM seriously just Fxxk off
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #626: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:49 pm
      I suspect that had City won last night we also would have done so mate. It just seems to play out that way more often than not.

I agree. I missed some urgency, especially after Mané's early goal. It's a psychological thing: if you must win you play and act differently, more focused, than when you don't have that pressure.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #627: Jan 30, 2019 10:19:56 pm
      Son plays for spurs and turns the game around - wish Fabinho would have played a bigger part
      He's just come back from a bit of a hamstring problem. Thought he played very well when he did come on.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #628: Jan 30, 2019 10:20:40 pm
      All this Clyne rubbish has to stop, we’ve won all but 1 game in the league since he went, and he played about 3 games in 2 years. Pinning a sh*t draw on a player being loaned out, that played virtually no part for us is pointless.

Well said.  If he was the dogs bollocks he would have been a key member of our first team.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #629: Jan 30, 2019 10:21:28 pm
      Disappointing performance tonight.  Record after this warm weather training has to be pretty dismal.

Having said all of that - did I think we'd be 5 points ahead yesterday afternoon? Probably not.

Must do better on Monday.

This whole ''10 day dubai rest, will make us look fresh'' is kind of b*llshit, we looked rusty, lazy and complacent.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #630: Jan 30, 2019 10:22:23 pm
      Why can't we do things easy way, we great chance put pressure on city now city will get great lift now l see them beat arsenal easy now and spurs back in league title now, l just feel like we never get other chance win premier league then these year l said before we don't win premier league these year not sure when we ever win premier league in my life time
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #631: Jan 30, 2019 10:22:54 pm

German_Panzer...This is your life.

Keita is da man that could force Jürgen to axe Henderson. Keita is so much better.

In the pre match thread before the Everton game (here: https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,50672.msg2193232.html#msg2193232) at the start of December you were so in thrall with Naby Keita that you said:

"He has to bring Keita. Only Keita can save us and ignite a fire in midfield."

And it seems not that long ago you hinted that Naby Keita was the solution to our midfield conundrum.

Keita seems like the only possible chance to enhance our midfield. I'd give him every minute from now on to speed up his integration.

And then there was:

"I don't care much about the line-up as long as Keita is in it" before the Napoli tie on the 11th December (https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,50691.msg2197304.html#msg2197304)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #632: Jan 30, 2019 10:24:14 pm
      This whole ''10 day dubai rest, will make us look fresh'' is kind of b*llshit, we looked rusty, lazy and complacent.

With the CL on the horizon we should get sharper, need matches to keep momentum..
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,012 posts | 523 
      Reply #633: Jan 30, 2019 10:24:35 pm
      We all need to settle down. It's f**king miles away from the end of the season and far too early for the nervousness we seen today on the pitch and in the stands.

Need to relax it's still January!

Nice thought, but no chance mate. Everybody is going to be nervous from here til the end of the season, just the way it is. Players included.

My personal opinion is that players have got to embrace the nerves and try and use all the adrenaline and butterflies to inspire you. Think if you try and relax when relaxing isn't actually going to happen you can just go flat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #634: Jan 30, 2019 10:24:44 pm
      Still not sure why Hendo, Matip an Virgil were playing it sideways amongst themselves in the last couple of minutes as if we were in the lead. Played right into Leicester’s hands there, everyone back and we are knocking it around just inside their half.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #635: Jan 30, 2019 10:25:16 pm
      1. Made zero difference to tonight

2. Didn’t start because he hardly trained recently due to hamstring

3. Thin squad ? Seriously we have players who used to be starters now on the bench

4. What did you expect him to do in the 10th minute ?!?

1. We were vulnerable on the right with Henderson, right? No, we did not concede a goal due to Hendo's fault, but it's clear where our weakness was and Leicester tried to take advantage of it.
      2. Ok, I might be wrong on this one but it's clear that Keita is not ready yet and he did not live up to such an important game for us.
      3. Who were starters? (Fabinho, Lovren, Sturridge, Mignolet, Origi, Camacho) Lovren maybe :P Compare this to the subs of Man City or Chelsea. 
      4. Don't be silly. I did not say he should have done something at the 10th minute, but that it was clear the players were not in the right mindset and as a manger aiming for the title, he should have done something ASAP. He did not. We conceded a goal.

Hole lot of nonsense right there.

Particularly the last sentence.

"Salah has now scored just one goal in seven games against the Premier League's current top six sides.
      In fact, he's failed to find the net against any team currently in the top four."

"Salah's record in the Champions League against so called 'top teams' is also poor. He failed to score against Paris Saint-Germain twice and Napoli this season."

Good night lads.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #636: Jan 30, 2019 10:27:18 pm

Yeah I agree however, I think we really struggled with the pitch and I’m amazed the commentators barely gave a thought during the game.

As for the break I think the benefits will be felt over the next 4/5 weeks but we will never be able to prove it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #637: Jan 30, 2019 10:28:50 pm
      Taking it easy in the hot sun when you are right in the middle of a league title fight? Seems counterproductive.

I think it will help recharge your batteries physically, but I think it can also make you lose focus.

Next January send them to Rhyl on a caravan holiday. I can guarantee they'll be switched on when they come back.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #638: Jan 30, 2019 10:30:59 pm
      Yeah I agree however, I think we really struggled with the pitch and I’m amazed the commentators barely gave a thought during the game.

As for the break I think the benefits will be felt over the next 4/5 weeks but we will never be able to prove it.

Mate, the commentators were cheering for Leicester, one of them said the penalty decision was ''50-50''.

I don't like blaming the pitch, Leicester passed it better than us in some areas and looked comfortable, why shouldn't we? I just think the 10 day break took out our sharpness and edge. We really looked lazy.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #639: Jan 30, 2019 10:31:46 pm
      If you read the previous few pages on here without knowing how the league table looked and then found we are 5 points clear at the top you would rightly think WTF is that all about.
      Lots of games left and lots of twists and turns to come. I was worried we might be off the pace a bit tonight after a break and that may or may not be the reason we played poorly. The Game against W.Ham will be a better indicator of what is ahead for us
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #640: Jan 30, 2019 10:32:17 pm
      Taking it easy in the hot sun when you are right in the middle of a league title fight? Seems counterproductive.

I think it will help recharge your batteries physically, but I think it can also make you lose focus.

Next January send them to Rhyl on a caravan holiday. I can guarantee they'll be switched on when they come back.

might just send them to military bootcamp!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #641: Jan 30, 2019 10:35:15 pm

We got another cup break coming up,send em to Skeggie and make em cycle home.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #642: Jan 30, 2019 10:37:22 pm
      Two people have voted for Matip as MOM seriously just Fxxk off

Hahaha fair play to them for their self deprication. I'm guessing Lovren wasn't fully fit because surely even Dejan is ahead of our hologram CB.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #643: Jan 30, 2019 10:37:52 pm

Or Chicago in a Polar Vortex to condition them for Anfield sleet.

Its still an extra point .

Quick Reply