Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32059 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 30, 2019 11:38:09 pm

I think it’s actually a good indicator of who created the big chances.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #668: Jan 30, 2019 11:38:42 pm
      On reflection it was probably an OK point as Leicester were the better team tonight.
      I just hope we can get our mojo back fast, we simply have to beat West Ham now.

Man City have to beat Arsenal.

I'll prefer the challenge of beating West Ham.  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #669: Jan 30, 2019 11:39:42 pm
      I think it’s actually a good indicator of who created the big chances.

That's what eyes are for
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #670: Jan 30, 2019 11:41:21 pm

You and I both know how bias plays a big role there.

Come on what’s wrong with using stats?
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #671: Jan 30, 2019 11:47:09 pm
      Bitters bend over city beat arsenal easy enough, so win against west ham or we could be going in Bournemouth two points behind which l feel look at tonight whih drop points could be reason we lose premier league tonight has give city and even spurs big lift
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #672: Jan 30, 2019 11:49:36 pm
      You and I both know how bias plays a big role there.

Come on what’s wrong with using stats?

There's lies, damn lies and statistics
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #673: Jan 30, 2019 11:59:12 pm
      There's lies, damn lies and statistics

You know that’s not true in reality.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #674: Jan 31, 2019 12:04:51 am
      I thought Maguire should have been sent off and Keita definitely had a pen. The Leicester shout wasn't a pen as it was outside the box.
      I thought the ref pulled up play twice when we had clear advantage on goal in the second half. I think the pressure in the run in will get to everyone including the Refs. we need to get the monkey off our back and win the league again. I usually think the CL is the most important but for us now, it's the league.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #675: Jan 31, 2019 12:21:01 am

You can twist them whatever way you want and expected goals is a total pile of sh*t that doesn't mean anything unless you own an anorak and are about 12
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #676: Jan 31, 2019 12:31:23 am
      You know, could the conceded goal have been avoided? The more I look at their goal, the more I am questioning the choice of letting Clyne leave on loan as I rate him higher than Milner, Fab, Camacho and Hendo.

Yes, the blame lies with Robbo for the foul, but could it have been avoided if we had Hendo in midfield with Wijnaldum? Whilst I am not the biggest fan of the partnership (mainly distribution), Wijnaldum would have been where Keita was or there abouts, and knowing Robertson was further ahead and left back area pretty vacant, would we have seen a different scenario where Wijnaldum would be defending the space and gaining that advantage to stop the one two rather than committing like Keita?

A similar incident happened vs CP where Hendo over committed and pretty much left Milner 1v1 vs Zaha which led to a goal, but in this case, would a better RB (surely Clyne is better than Milner and Hendo at RB?!) have stopped Zaha? I personally would say yes.

Yeah, it's such minute details, but it just irks me thinking about it, sorry :(
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019 12:55:43 am by PurpleMonkey »
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #677: Jan 31, 2019 12:38:14 am
      City have Arsenal, Everton then Chelsea next in the league. They will drop points in there guaranteed.

We're 5 points clear. Can everyone get a f***in grip and stop being so negative.

Pretty sure they'll get 9 points, hopefully we can do the dsme and keep the 5 points advantage.

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #678: Jan 31, 2019 01:00:58 am
      pretty disappointing. huge chance we had tonight.
      thoughts,

hard to say who was worse, the team, the crowd, or the abysmal referee.
      really disappointed in the crowd tonight tho. everyone around me felt incredibly flat. bit odd. expected us to give them a big lift just after half time but it just didnt occur.

we just didnt look on it. Mane apart, thought everyone was just off. Having said that, Leicester were very good.
      Bit concerning how flat we seemed considering weve just had a 10 day break!

people will disagree, and im fully aware he has his issues, but i just dont understand why Clyne is off playing for Bournemouth whilst we are playing midfielders at RB.. maybe its just me, but i dont like it. weve looked incredibly vulnerable at the back in the last 2 games (god i miss Joe Gomez)

im still worried about our squad depth. it just isnt there. had nothing on the bench tonight. Lallana ffs!!

yep id have ripped your arms off for 5 points clear going into feb, but F**k me......it could have been 7..... everyone has nights that go against them (atkinson) and its safe to say weve had a few go our way this season so cant moan too much.
      6 points an absolute must from w ham / bmouth now......
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #679: Jan 31, 2019 01:16:57 am
      pretty disappointing. huge chance we had tonight.
      thoughts,

hard to say who was worse, the team, the crowd, or the abysmal referee.
      really disappointed in the crowd tonight tho. everyone around me felt incredibly flat. bit odd. expected us to give them a big lift just after half time but it just didnt occur.

we just didnt look on it. Mane apart, thought everyone was just off. Having said that, Leicester were very good.
      Bit concerning how flat we seemed considering weve just had a 10 day break!

people will disagree, and im fully aware he has his issues, but i just dont understand why Clyne is off playing for Bournemouth whilst we are playing midfielders at RB.. maybe its just me, but i dont like it. weve looked incredibly vulnerable at the back in the last 2 games (god i miss Joe Gomez)

im still worried about our squad depth. it just isnt there. had nothing on the bench tonight. Lallana ffs!!

yep id have ripped your arms off for 5 points clear going into feb, but f**k me......it could have been 7..... everyone has nights that go against them (atkinson) and its safe to say weve had a few go our way this season so cant moan too much.
      6 points an absolute must from w ham / bmouth now......

Played sh*t the last few games, us. Our bad patch. But F***ing guess what? We're still top of that league.

Five points clear in the f**ker.

Why are people moaning. A point more ahead than we were a couple of days ago.

We're in very capable hands here, folks. This fella has won a couple of league titles.

Loads of footy left to play. Win it or lose it, this, right now, is a lot more enjoyable than wondering if we'll qualify for next season's Champion's League.

Up the F***ing reds.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #680: Jan 31, 2019 02:13:00 am
      Big opportunity missed but ultimately we’ve extended our lead, albeit not by the amount we wanted.

Only was able to watch the first half, bur I think that spell after our first goal, we were battering them and they were all over the show, if we were more clinical it was curtains. Mane with the free header from the corner he should have buried after Schemical had made a decent save from Firmino who should have scored imo.

Defending for Maguires goal was not good and is the kind of errors I’d thought we’d got away from, but our defense is still F***ing boss, just switched off for a moment.

Hopefully we can take this as a wake up call and know we can’t agffors any complacency in the run in, and as wake up calls go, to extend your lead is a pretty F***ing nice position to be in.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #681: Jan 31, 2019 02:14:56 am
      Played sh*t the last few games, us. Our bad patch. But f**king guess what? We're still top of that league.

We're in very capable hands here, folks. This fella has won a couple of league titles.

Loads of footy left to play. Win it or lose it, this, right now, is a lot more enjoyable than wondering if we'll qualify for next season's Champion's League.

Up the f**king reds.

Is where I am at.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 21 
      Reply #682: Jan 31, 2019 02:21:26 am
      13 Wins and we got this locked up!!!!!!!!

Honestly feel sh*t that we drew with such a meaningless concession but in other years we probably would have lost that game.

Defense should be back to normal with TAA.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #683: Jan 31, 2019 02:39:31 am

I think, well for me anyway, it’s frustration. It’s part and parcel of football but one thing I absolutely hate is if we take the lead and end up not winning. Probably because we’d have done the hard part of getting in front but then could have been better to keep it that way. Where as if it was the other way around and we came from behind to get a point, I’d be able to accept that more because then it really is a case of 1 point gained rather than 2 points lost.

But of course, the most frustrating of all is when the shithouse officials are just as much to blame for us dropping 2 points. Twice this month now, both times we could have opened up the gap with City by another 3 points, we’ve had a player who would have been clean through on goal taken out, but the player not see red. How it wasn’t deemed a goal scoring opportunity I don’t know, there isn’t a chance in hell anyone in the Leicester defence would have the pace to get back and stop Mane being through, not a chance. Then it’s salt rubbed in the wounds when said player then scores against you. Salah probably would have gotten up there too, so we would have had a 2v1 and if we score then it’s 2-0 and game over, they weren’t coming back from 2-0 down, not a chance. Fair enough, officials made a mistake again, hopefully 2nd half it will be different...but no, a stone wall penalty not given with a player in a goal scoring opportunity yet again and with the ref looking straight at it.

So for me, that’s why although we have gained an extra point than City in this gameweek, I can’t help but feel damn frustrated.
      I think I would have found it easier to accept this draw if it didn’t feel like we were screwed out of a good chance of getting all 3 points for the second time in the space of a few games.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019 02:44:40 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #684: Jan 31, 2019 03:15:30 am
      Played sh*t the last few games, us. Our bad patch. But f**king guess what? We're still top of that league.

Up the f**king reds.

On the button there mate!

Before we Kicked off Rafa did us a great favour leaving Citeh with a game less than us to overcome a 4pt gap, we've played sh*te, extended our lead by a further point over them leaving them with a 5pt gap to overcome and only 14 games in which to do it, we're 1 game closer to the end of the Season and a great chance to finish above Citeh (I'm not mentioning the trophy!).
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #685: Jan 31, 2019 07:17:36 am
      Dropping 2 points is not the worst Scenario with the conditions it is very good news that we have our players coming unscathed from the game.  We don't want more injuries and them conditions could have easily added to our injury vows.  Still a long way to go.  We want to in position with zero pressure but it is still to early we are still in the second third of the season.

The worse scenario would of been if we had lost 3 points.As it is we are still number one and long may it continue.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #686: Jan 31, 2019 07:29:18 am
      You can twist them whatever way you want and expected goals is a total pile of sh*t that doesn't mean anything unless you own an anorak and are about 12

Can’t see you getting a call from Edwards any time soon with that attitude  :D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #687: Jan 31, 2019 07:51:42 am
      Yes, we we're sh*t, but who was even more sh*t?

Martin Atkinson. Great job, can't help but think the double standards  this c**t gave us. Not blowing the whistle in the first half, but blowing up the whistle at the same spot before the 4 minute marker in 2nd half , that too after giving Chilwell the card for time wasting.

Guess the higher ups will be delighted with that joke of a performance, as it keeps the title race "tight". Guess what shitheads, city gonna crumble again with their pathetic away form. I won't be surprised if blueshitef we're to get points against that sh*te.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #688: Jan 31, 2019 07:51:50 am
      I thought Maguire should have been sent off and Keita definitely had a pen. The Leicester shout wasn't a pen as it was outside the box.
      I thought the ref pulled up play twice when we had clear advantage on goal in the second half. I think the pressure in the run in will get to everyone including the Refs. we need to get the monkey off our back and win the league again. I usually think the CL is the most important but for us now, it's the league.

I'll agree that we didn't get many favours from the ref but we simply didn't do enough to win that game last night, we started so well but then after about 20 minutes the energy levels just vanished and Leicester became the better team. This is one of the many reasons why I'm against nonsense liek warm weather training, how on earth does that help you to play in the snow?? Also why on earth we started Hendo at RB is a complete mystery, not one single good cross all night, I would probably have preferred Camacho in hindsight or Fabinho, but perhaps Fab wasn't quite 100%.
      Anyway that was one of our draws, we can't afford to drop to many more points if we want to win the league, but we have to come roaring back against the Hammers and please please can we get our main defenders back and keep them fit for the rest of the season
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #689: Jan 31, 2019 07:56:11 am

Stats are interesting to a degree but need to be kept in context.

In this case the “expected goals” doesn’t really reflect the game.

Yes they had a couple of dangerous flurries but we were always more likely despite being lacklustre.

Coaches will tell you that stats help them notice things / patterns they missed in the game.

Jürgen hasn’t walked away saying “phew got away with one tonight did you see their expected goals tally, whooft - thank F**k we got a point!”

We were flat after 20 mins and struggled to zip it about effectively. I suspect the VVD ill rumour has masked a virus going round. Too many players were blowing out their hoops and slow on turn.

VVD had his poorest game - Robbo was leggy throughout etc etc.

Take the point and back to the training ground.

We end Jan 5 pts clear and 14 to go and City have a tough run coming up.

That’s us 4.5 weeks away from an insane December which must’ve absolutely stretched energy reserves to put us in this position.

Players coming back from injury will help the balance. Good options in midfield - though we absolutely do miss a Fekir type.

We’re a great team having a “
      “slight” lull. It’ll be over very soon.

Quick Reply